Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendations for window suppliers.

Options
  • 01-05-2019 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

We are gong to be doing a renovation shortly and I am looking for some reviews for glazing companies. We did have windows from a large supplier (I believe they are the largest in Ireland) previously, think a Provence down south who like to join things. I have to say the quality of the windows was terrible so I won't be even going near them for a price.

We are going to need at least 16 different windows of different sizes and an external door for the back of the house. The front door is and surround and door is the original from 1870's so I will do what I can to have it restored and sealed up as much as possible. Ideally we would like to have a sash or sash looking window that is high performance etc.

With these parameters if you have experience and could drop me a dm with recommendations that would be great. Oh and any pricing you have for a similar window would also be appreciated. ;)

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Hi,

Just curious to know if you went with sash windows?

If so, who did you use?

Did you go for supply and fit from the manufacturer?

Please PM if you wish.

Many thanks.

D.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

as per forum charter by PM thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭realmoonunit

Believe it or not, we put an offer in on the house, bear in mind the property was listed for several years with no interest. The vendor then decided that he wanted to increase the asking price by 60k! We walked away from it. We actually ended up going for a property 2 streets away with a lot of the work done. New sash windows, replumbed, electrics redone etc. We will still do some remodeling but it should be a much cheaper option as lots of the big ticket items are done already.

Advertisement