Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After hours ban

Options
  • 01-05-2019 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

I wish to appeal my 3 month ban from after hours.

I didn't blame Immigrants solely for causing measles outbreaks.

What I was trying to say was that Immigration could be a factor in the recent measles outbreaks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The first step in the DR process is to attempt to resolve the issue amicably with the mod. Can you confirm if you have attempted to do this, and if so, what was the outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

dudara wrote: »
    The first step in the DR process is to attempt to resolve the issue amicably with the mod. Can you confirm if you have attempted to do this, and if so, what was the outcome?

Yes I contacted Sephiroth_dude he wants to keep the 3 month ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for confirming. I’ll ask a CMod to review now.

Please post here the PM conversation you had with the mod, or else have it ready to share with the CMod.

dudara wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming. I’ll ask a CMod to review now.

Please post here the PM conversation you had with the mod, or else have it ready to share with the CMod.

Here it is.

Hi There,

What I was trying to say was that Immigration could be a factor in the recent measles outbreaks.

No offense was intended.

Really? Why did you answer so with one word "Immigrants" seemed like you were blaming them to me
    It was a quick response I didn't have time to go into more detail.

I apologize for causing any offense.
    You were banned for this before, I don't believe you, the ban stands.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A reminder

Only the OP, CMods, Admins or someone specifically invited to do so by a CMod or Admin are allowed to post in a Dispute thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Dr Brown wrote: »

Hello Dr Brown.

I have reviewed this thread and other threads that you have participated in.

Your borderline racist comments seem to have crossed the line on this occasion.
    Personally, I could have given you the benefit of the doubt but your tone on other threads says otherwise.

LEIN wrote: »
    Hello Dr Brown.

I have reviewed this thread and other threads that you have participated in.

Your borderline racist comments seem to have crossed the line on this occasion.
    Personally, I could have given you the benefit of the doubt but your tone on other threads says otherwise.

I don't believe I said anything racist in that thread. What I was to trying to explain is that unscreened Immigration could have a role to play in the recent measles outbreaks.

Getting a 3 month ban for saying the word "Immigrants" doesn't seem fair to be.

I don't believe I said anything racist in that thread. What I was to trying to explain is that unscreened Immigration could have a role to play in the recent measles outbreaks.

Getting a 3 month ban for saying the word "Immigrants" doesn't seem fair to be.

If your tone elsewhere had have been fine, you would have had a case.

"Immigrants", by itself, left no ambiguity. A finger was pointed.
    With your tone on other threads, can you see why one might see it as racism?

It is up to the poster to make their point and make them well, say what you mean and leave no ambiguity.

I have seen your record in AH, you have moved up the scale of ban length.
    TBH, I am surprised it is not longer, AH Mods are busy enough without added nonsense.

I have been left with no choice but to uphold the ban.

If your tone elsewhere had have been fine, you would have had a case.

"Immigrants", by itself, left no ambiguity. A finger was pointed.
    With your tone on other threads, can you see why one might see it as racism?

It is up to the poster to make their point and make them well, say what you mean and leave no ambiguity.

I have seen your record in AH, you have moved up the scale of ban length.
    TBH, I am surprised it is not longer, AH Mods are busy enough without added nonsense.

I have been left with no choice but to uphold the ban.

Can the ban not be shorter ? I don't believe I said anything racist in the other threads either. A while ago people were trying to get me to make controversial comments but I held back because I understood it could be seen as racist.

Ah Mods operate a sliding scale ban system, you have moved up the scale due to recent, previous bans.

That's the reason for the length.

Two choices, move on and accept or an Admin review?

• Advertisement

Ah Mods operate a sliding scale ban system, you have moved up the scale due to recent, previous bans.

That's the reason for the length.

Two choices, move on and accept or an Admin review?

Yes I would like an Admin review please.

Yes I would like an Admin review please.

Admin required, please.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I will review this.

Please bear with me.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ok, here's my take.

This is a complete joke. This thread, the post in question and most of your posts on the website.

Clean up your act. The next moderator action you receive will result in a month's site ban. This probation period will apply for 6 months.

The AH ban stands and I opted for site-wide probation rather than upping it to permanent. You are wasting moderator time again and again and I am sure you are fully aware of it.

This matter is resolved so I am closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement