Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mini crane hire

• 01-05-2019 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Anybody ever come across one of these machines at all.
    It's a cross between a teleporter and a crane 1 meter wide and capable of lifting 1.5 -2T ideal for down the side gate and in to a back extension for lifting in heavy steel.
    Their available in the UK but not here apparently.
    Could really do with getting my hand on one.
    Any on seen them in the flesh anywhere.
    https://www.hss.com/onecall/p/mini-tracked-crane
    Scroll through to the last pic of the blue one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

How heavy is the heavy steel? And what is the access like?

For beams up to 450kg I'd use rollers/ bogie to get the steel down the alley, then lift beam up using a genie superlift advantage

Genei-SLA-10.jpg

For beams up to 800kg - I'd use 2.

They're readily available in Ireland. And they should work once you've the subfloor in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Ah I've used the genie lifts loads of times for 1T steel 450x 220 x 9m I've used 4 together but they get awkward with geting lads to wind them up in sync and to get in to position between props and the like. One of those cranes I've linked to would save a load of headaches along with moving it in to position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

3 genies at a time was my limit.

This is the smallest crane I can think of

http://www.liffeycranehire.ie/mini-crane-hire/

Probably too wide for your use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Looked at those previously.It's the fork attachment and the 1meter width thats making the Hooka lift so attractive to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Anybody ever come across one of these machines at all.
    It's a cross between a teleporter and a crane 1 meter wide and capable of lifting 1.5 -2T ideal for down the side gate and in to a back extension for lifting in heavy steel.
    Their available in the UK but not here apparently.
    Could really do with getting my hand on one.
    Any on seen them in the flesh anywhere.
    https://www.hss.com/onecall/p/mini-tracked-crane
    Scroll through to the last pic of the blue one.

Did you ask your local HSS if they would bring one across? It might not be worth their while but you never know if you don't ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭madmac187

Bullocks wrote: »
    Did you ask your local HSS if they would bring one across? It might not be worth their while but you never know if you don't ask

Keogh Crane hire Laois have them like 1 x 2m spider crane. Nuff said.

madmac187 wrote: »
    Keogh Crane hire Laois have them like 1 x 2m spider crane. Nuff said.
    The spider crane is great but can't adapt to the teleporter like front fork attachment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

The spider crane is great but can't adapt to the teleporter like front fork attachment.

You forgot to put "nuff said" at the end haha

Advertisement