Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a reasonable request of my landlord

Options
  • 01-05-2019 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Been in my current 1 bed apartment for 4 years . I'd like to do it up a bit with modern furniture. Is it reasonable to ask him to remove the couch and kitchen table . I'll want to take the new stuff with me as well though if/When I do.move

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You can ask but equally the landlord can say no. Where are they going to store the current furniture? If they dispose of it they'll have to replace it when you leave. Might be easier if you were going to leave your stuff behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Its definitely reasonable to ask. Of course the landlord can refuse as it does put them in a position of having to take the stuff out and store it somewhere if it is in okay condition. They might decide that they can bin it and get new stuff when you leave. I know plenty of long term tenants who have make places their own and the landlord was happy to remove stuff which eventually got sold or skipped or whatever.

Advertisement