Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sniff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Second just like Liverpool

4th just like Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

First

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Safe space please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sixth superthread of a fantastic season. It’s been a thrill ride since August and whatever happens in the next 3 games (hopefully 4 but I’m not optimistic of that) I’m immensely proud of this team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

We lost a dimension that Hendo couldnt replace when Naby went off and Barca knew what they were doing. *****. Reminded me of Ramos doing Salah; he knew we had no answer to it on the bench. That's the truth. Maddening the amount of times Keita has gone off injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

In 6th place and falling apart at the seams.

edit: Damnit, not quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Anyone know if Lifestyle Sports sell Ajax jerseys?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

To best sum up how I feel about this season I would say Liverpool have left me with a bad case of blue balls, they've worked me up into a frenzy, teasing and tantalizing me, then just before the money shot, it's over, all for nothing, now I'm wondering would I have been better off being left alone, enjoyable as it was, the frustration might outweigh the joy I felt during the lustful act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

tinpib wrote: »
    In 6th place and falling apart at the seams.

edit: Damnit, not quick enough.

Tinpib’s at the wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Second just like Liverpool

4th just like Arsenal.

I wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

It's not about blame is about common sense. Playing gini as 9 didn't pay off. Nor gomez at fullback. I understand gomez at kick off but when it became apparent they were sitting back after the first goal gomez offered nothing in the same vein as trent.

Can blame the misses but we got so much right tonight. Bossed large parts of the game but at this level small things make the difference.

As a group.... We got it wrong tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Leicester get something from city and we won't even be thinking about cl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

shamrock55 wrote: »

Well Leicester manager has 2 draws with Pep, so hopefully that is a trend :)

Gomez should have been hooked when it became obvious how the game was playing out, gini up top made zero sense whatsoever, I love klopp but he does make some bizarre tactical changes at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Que sera sera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It's not about blame is about common sense. Playing gini as 9 didn't pay off. Nor gomez at fullback. I understand gomez at kick off but when it became apparent they were sitting back after the first goal gomez offered nothing in the same vein as trent.

Can blame the misses but we got so much right tonight. Bossed large parts of the game but at this level small things make the difference.

As a group.... We got it wrong tonight.

I’d suggest you’re being results orientated, which is completely understandable. It’s very difficult to detach yourself from 3 - 0.

I’m not going to argue with anyone on here over it though.

Agus an bhfuil cead agam dul go dtí an leithreas?

We have to beat Newcastle first. Big ask after tonight’s disappointment.

Apart from the miss salah was actually excellent tonight and pretty much unplayable

• Advertisement

Robertson was something else but tbh I can't fault much from our back four, we simply came up against Suarez and Messi who are just brilliant and were at their very best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Liverpool were unlucky in many regards tonight. They put it right up to Barcelona. Think Keita going off early upset them for the first goal, Henderson went on to cover the right side of midfield for the goal which happened 2 minutes later. Gomez hasn't been back from injury long enough to be starting instead of A-Arnold. Missing a fully fit Firmino as part of the front 3 hurt the attack. Liverpool missed some big chances while also having more possession in the Camp Nou.
    Then on the other hand there's Messi complemented by our former player Suarez who took their chances in front of goal.

It really wasn't their night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Unlucky tonight guys, regardless of what happens yous have had a fantastic season, not many teams (not jinxing, I swear!) could be runners up in a league on 90+ points and have yet another fantastic run in the champions league.

Improved in all areas from last season and to have such a dominant season like this and (potentially in a worst case scenario) finish runners up speaks volumes about the progress the club has made since hiring Klopp.

No bitterness from this Utd fan.

ABC for me (Anyone But City :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I’d suggest you’re being results orientated, which is completely understandable. It’s very difficult to detach yourself from 3 - 0.

I’m not going to argue with anyone on here over it though.

Score orientated..... No away goal is a disaster.
    It's just sick. For all that was good on the pitch tonight..... Which was plenty. We really ****ed ourselves.

That's football though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

3-0 is fine, set's it up beautifully. I'd expect we'll be 2-0 up after 20 minutes in second leg. Probably end up with 4 or 5. They are weak at back, won't handle the occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Ah well lads. We had a serious go at them. But Suarez and Messi, they are no pushovers. I'm seriously disappointed we couldn't beat them. That's how good we were. **** them. They have the wrath of anfield to deal with. Onwards and upwards lads. Yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Score orientated..... No away goal is a disaster.
    It's just sick. For all that was good on the pitch tonight..... Which was plenty. We really ****ed ourselves.

That's football though.

Putting the no away goal squarely on Salah tonight.

Messi takes a rebound from the woodwork and walks the ball into the net.

Salah gets a rebound off the line and turns to celebrate before he strikes it and misses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Guffy wrote: »
    Putting the no away goal squarely on Salah tonight.

Messi takes a rebound from the woodwork and walks the ball into the net.

Salah gets a rebound off the line and turns to celebrate before he strikes it and misses.

Aww feck off with that Messi had an empty goal and time to control it, Salah took a snap shot on his weaker foot with people on the line

Aww feck off with that Messi had an empty goal and time to control it, Salah took a snap shot on his weaker foot with people on the line

Yet still turned to celebrate before striking the ball

• Advertisement

He did not

Salah was awesome tonight btw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Turned to celebrate then took the shot.
    That's some feat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Just finished watching, we were good overall, but very poor where it mattered. Salah, Mane and Milner missing chances you just have to score to win against the best.

Gini - out of position and it showed, especially when we had the ball.
    VVD - on his heels for two of the goals and being two yards behind the line even if it wasn't keeping Suarez onside is just poor. If you can touch your man and 5/10 seconds later they're 5 yards clear of you and scoring, you need to look at that defender.
    Alisson - that wall was set up closer to inside his post than out. That's simple stuff. Gomez a foot outside the post Messi has to hit it further wide and bring it back in. Was a great free kick but it's the small margins.
    Gomez - also poor, if Klopp planned on playing him in this game, give the man more minutes.

Matip and Robertson were good, Mane and Salah also but those misses :(

Get an early goal next week and you never know but perfection will be required.

The **** are you on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Really thought Liverpool performed well last night how we haven’t scored I don’t know maybe our luck is turning . Have to be proud of the way we performed really had Barca on the back foot
    Matip and Robertson were excellent virgil and joe were awful and gini in the false 9 🙈🙈Liverpool’s worse performance came from the manager unfortunately really missed trents set pieces and having gini up there was crazy but ya can’t get it right every time unfortunately
    Need to win our last two league games as this could turn sour if we drop off now
    All in all this is an amazing Liverpool side probably the best we have ever had (and I’m mid 40s) plenty to look forward to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Really thought Liverpool performed well last night how we haven’t scored

Liverpool played really well. We'll see what this season brings, but the next few will be brilliant no matter.

Ah christ, next morn is always worse, first thing I thought about when I opened my eyes..... Fuuuuuuuuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Keita coming off was massive.
    It restricted our substitutes big time

I’d have no doubt gini and Gomez we’re coming off for TAA and firmino in the 60/70 mark

It very frustrating that we went up against Madrid and Barca missing our main players.
    Would love to see us with a full team against either.

Our squad should be able to copy with those set back next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Keita coming off was massive.
    It restricted our substitutes big time

I’d have no doubt gini and Gomez we’re coming off for TAA and firmino in the 60/70 mark

It very frustrating that we went up against Madrid and Barca missing our main players.
    Would love to see us with a full team against either.

Our squad should be able to copy with those set back next year

Also we need to win a cup next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Turned to celebrate then took the shot.
    That's some feat.

Who's he think he is? Bobby Firmino?

• Advertisement

For 99% of that game salah made Messi look like Sean dundee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

He's a contortionist too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

For 99% of Messi's career he's made Salah look like Sean Dundee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Also we need to win a cup next year

If you're talking about the League or FA cups - we certainly don't.

Give me a a PL title tilt and advancing deep in the CL knockouts any year over a meaningless tin pot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Salah had a really good game, it's the 1% that makes the difference though, doesn't really matter what you do if you don't score. Just not clinical enough unfortunately, might have been different with Bobby and Naby on the pitch.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He did not

He did though. His head turned to sideline before he connected with the ball. Not getting into aassive debate about it though ffs
    He had a good game but he also had a chance to get an away goal and didn't have the focus to put it away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There's plenty of money in the piggy bank 80m alone from this CL run spend it on a forward and a full backup. Robbo can't run forever and once again a rare injury to an attacking player clearly showed itself against top opposition.

All I hope for Tuesday is that they're going to regret turning up at Anfield. Hope we knock the bollox out of them while the crowd roars on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I honestly think the tie is far from over, and if I'm being honest, I'd fancy us to score at least 3 goals at Anfield (its not like we haven't done it before in big CL games at home).

Obviously we'll need to keep Barca scoreless, but even if they did score, us scoring 5 isn't really beyond the realms of possibility.

Bring it on I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Ah christ, next morn is always worse, first thing I thought about when I opened my eyes..... Fuuuuuuuuck

Said many the man after a drunken one night stand

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement