Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Won the Champions League without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Coutinho stripped of his number at Barca so Griezmann can have it.

Safe to say that move hasn't worked out well for him.

I'd love to know if he regrets it now.

Christ that's harsh.

Coutinho to be our cheap 20m cover for the front 3 so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He gambled and lost. I won't be feeling sorry for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He already moved to that insufferable club to win the Champions League and we knocked them out in grand fashion. Now is the time to bring him back for half of what we sold him for and knock them out all over again, especially if they sign Neymar. Imagine the hissy fit himself and Griezmann would throw, it’d be glorious.

The Champions League win has made me forget all about the traditional English rivalries. Step aside Man United, I’m all about that continental schadenfreude now. :)

I'd take Luis back he is 31 and if used right as a super sub squad player he could be just what we need to get over the line in the league.

I'd say both him and Coutinho are on their way out of Barca now.

• Advertisement

I'd take Luis back he is 31 and if used right as a super sub squad player he could be just what we need to get over the line in the league.

I'd say both him and Coutinho are on their way out of Barca now.

Suarez as a veteran forward to cover the front three would be great alright, but anything over £50m and you’re paying for sentiment. We got to this level by operating so effectively in the transfer market, overpaying for Suarez (and we would have to overpay, make no mistake) doesn’t seem like a smart move in the long term, and we’re all about the long term given how the club is being run.

Some may try to argue he’s worth closer to £100m despite his age, but he looked noticeably older on the pitch last season (still world class of course) and he isn’t going to look any better now, especially in a much more physically demanding league.

If we could pull off one of those crazy Italian loan moves and get him for one or two seasons, that’s the best and for me, the only way to bring him back.

I’d rather we tried to sign the next Suarez rather than a poorer version of the one we had five years ago.

£20m cash for him is the max I'd go and it fits the £20m budget the ITK journo's say we have for a forward.

£20m cash for him is the max I'd go and it fits the £20m budget the ITK journo's say we have for a forward.

£20m cash is a reasonable loan fee for two seasons. I’m no financial expert, but I’d call it good business.

We have to accept it’s just never going to happen though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Another classic line from a Guardian football writer - when talking about Brewster's game last night, they wrote 'he is viewed by Liverpool’s manager as the natural replacement for Daniel Sturridge, aka Ace Ventura: Pet Detective'
    Almost as good as when writting about Shaq's move to us last year they referred to him as 'the world's first rectangular footballer'....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seems like the writer’s a bit of a psychopath to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Coutinho stripped of his number at Barca so Griezmann can have it.

Safe to say that move hasn't worked out well for him.

I'd love to know if he regrets it now.
    Two league titles and a Copa del Rey, he's done ok :)
    Plus, he's won the Copa Copa América this Summer.
    Guess you could argue over how much influence he had in those trophy wins.

As for taking him back? He was an excellent player for us. He's now 27yrs, confidence must be lower than when we first signed him, so no guarantee we'd even see the player he once was. I'd take a gamble on paying 50m, with good add-ons (Barca do like add-ons) based on games played and trophies won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ahh the summer window, I love how Suarez and Coutinho are coming back, and of course, we are signing Messi under Barca's noses....

Any news on Pepe and Fekir while we are at it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Fieldog wrote: »
    Ahh the summer window, I love how Suarez and Coutinho are coming back....

If Coutinho develops more back problems we'll know he's ready to move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How the hell do you sign Griezmann for that money and not play him. Suarez is first name on team sheet there. No way you drop Suarez for Grezmann, he's no where near the quality of Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭eigrod

How the hell do you sign Griezmann for that money and not play him. Suarez is first name on team sheet there. No way you drop Suarez for Grezmann, he's no where near the quality of Suarez.

Suarez is on the wane - he’ll be 33 in January. Think this will be his last season there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Stop will ya,,Suarez is out to pasture in the next few years , he would be a.great bench option for Barca now. Are people so blinded by how good grezz is ?

I don't rate Griezmann at all, never did. A striker who struggles to break 20 league goals in a league as weak as La Liga, Iago Aspas has more league goals per season in last 3 seasons. Griezmann only managed 15 last season, should be scoring 40 in that league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Talisman

I don't rate Griezmann at all, never did. A striker who struggles to break 20 league goals in a league as weak as La Liga, Iago Aspas has more league goals per season in last 3 seasons. Griezmann only managed 15 last season, should be scoring 40 in that league.
    He may do in a team that plays attacking football.

For Atletico, Griezmann dropped deep to link the midfield with the attack and played off of the other striker (Costa/Morata) who was the focal point. His role has been similar to that of Firmino for Liverpool but his goal return is better.

Robbo has a minor operation on his hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That would do my head in. #Pure awkward #silent man with camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

So I see Coutinho is linked with a return to Liverpool again if the price is right. Honestly can't see Klopp taking him back. Not even sure he fits our system anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

GiftofGab wrote: »
    So I see Coutinho is linked with a return to Liverpool again if the price is right. Honestly can't see Klopp taking him back. Not even sure he fits our system anymore.

Is it wednesday last already?? :p

Barca won't sell Coutinho, they badly need his type in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

They should just give him a new contract. He'd be like a new player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Coutinho was massive for us in the 4-0 win against Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Talisman

Doff wrote: »
    Coutinho was massive for us in the 4-0 win against Barca
    Suarez was more influential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

They gave Griezmann his shirt number. They defo want rid but nobody is going to give them the money they need to avoid a massive drop on what they paid.

I'd take him back on our terms, 2 year loan with option to buy for 60m at the end of it. See deals structured like that more often these days for unwanted stars on big money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

They need money so he will be sacrificed. Like Umtiti & Dembele they are sellable assets.

If I were at Barca I'd be cutting down the age of that squad tho. I'd be marching the likes Rakitic, Vidal, Busquets & Suarez out the door. Last chance to get anything for them & I imagine that the latter 2 in particular are on massive contracts that they don't deserve in 2019. Messi's friendship with Suarez is the only reason he's not been shipped already.
    If they buy & play the front 4 they want along with Busquets I imagine De Jong would need to cover 20km a game for all the work he'll need to do.

Any connection with Bradford to why they get a glamour fixture to play 6 times and current European Champions.?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Any connection with Bradford to why they get a glamour fixture to play 6 times and current European Champions.?

Stephen Darby.

Stephen Darby.

Good man. That makes sense now considering the Milner video from earlier.

I was wondering the reasons behind the selection process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ERG89 wrote: »
    They need money so he will be sacrificed. Like Umtiti & Dembele they are sellable assets.

If I were at Barca I'd be cutting down the age of that squad tho. I'd be marching the likes Rakitic, Vidal, Busquets & Suarez out the door. Last chance to get anything for them & I imagine that the latter 2 in particular are on massive contracts that they don't deserve in 2019. Messi's friendship with Suarez is the only reason he's not been shipped already.
    If they buy & play the front 4 they want along with Busquets I imagine De Jong would need to cover 20km a game for all the work he'll need to do.

Suarez was still joint 2nd top scorer in the league, and still has a record of 2 goals every 3 games, so it's not like he's some dead weight or something. He's not quite what he used to be, but still one of the best centre forwards in the world.

Nice to wake up with a game to look forward to - even if it is just a preseason game, if its anything like the Tranmere performance, I'll take it.

• Advertisement

The young keeper that played the second half against Tranmere is out now for the rest of pre season with an elbow injury.

Glatzel's injury is a major one according to Klopp so he will be out for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

KO 3pm

First-half team: Mignolet, Clyne, Phillips, Lovren, Larouci, Milner, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilson, Kent, Brewster.

Second-half team: Mignolet, Hoever, Matip, Gomez, Lewis, Fabinho, Woodburn, Jones, Duncan, Origi, Millar.

Additional substitutes: Atherton, Johnston.

CSKA Moscow have enquired about Taiwo Awoniyi. Liverpool would want £15m.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1150381699160858627

Well is the poor kid ever gonna get a work permit for England? May as well take the money and run...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Plenty at the game anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Milly on for a hat trick already??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Looking very slick for so early in the pre-season - encouraging.

Some strike!

Well it looks like VVD is no longer the most expensive defender in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Kent takes far too many touches.

Decent player though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Tight angle for Brewster there

The rehab buddies make 3.

BA1AEyc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well it looks like VVD is no longer the most expensive defender in the world.

Yup. I think United now have the joint most expensive RB in the league, most expensive CB, most expensive midfielder and most expensive striker. Over 270m worth of players for those 4.

That was great play and Brewster definitely proving to be a skilled poacher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hard to call what will happen with Wilson.

Doing quite well but maybe not quite enough to get any sort of gametime this season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement