Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I read that all right. If sky did a season ticket for all Liverpool games I would subscribe no problem. Its the non-televised games that appeal to people just as much.

The avergae Joe public will prob sign up to sky when blocked. The others will find a way to watch the content.

I'd be happy to even just buy a sports pack from Sky that excluded their normal entertainment package. I don't watch much day-to-day tv outside of the free-to-air stuff so the idea of throwing huge sums on an entertainment package just to get sports is annoying to me.

But if it was a decent prize for Sky, BT and the other sports channels, I could justify it quite easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd be happy to even just buy a sports pack from Sky that excluded their normal entertainment package. I don't watch much day-to-day tv outside of the free-to-air stuff so the idea of throwing huge sums on an entertainment package just to get sports is annoying to me.

But if it was a decent prize for Sky, BT and the other sports channels, I could justify it quite easily.

If you want sports you have to buy the basic package. If you want HD that's extra. In the UK (as far as I'm aware) you can select different sports packs, here it's all or none unfortunately.

It's to expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you want sports you have to buy the basic package. If you want HD that's extra. In the UK (as far as I'm aware) you can select different sports packs, here it's all or none unfortunately.

It's to expensive.

HD is so 1999, how they get away with charging for that still is beyond me. HD, what a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I saw someone say they have simply re-embraced MOTD. This is what will happen, people will realise it's not essential to have televised live football in your living room.
    I got rid of SKY Sports/BT a few years back, not necessarily because I couldn't afford it but there were better things I could waste my money on and it wasn't cheap. It's all the packages together were costing a fortune. Don't really miss it.

True that. Got rid of the sports packs a long time ago, waste of money in the main especially with the expense of having kids. Just have the Saorview and Freeview channels and it's grand. MOTD has become a nice night in for me now - shower at 10, all ready then at 10:30 with a whiskey & coke in hand for MOTD. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I saw someone say they have simply re-embraced MOTD. This is what will happen, people will realise it's not essential to have televised live football in your living room.

It's going to drive me to the pub. Thanks guys now I have a drinking problem.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    only got 3 games on my card last season so I'm at the bottom tier still, have to wait till Thursday morning. :(

That's really unlucky. I only got 1 last season in the PL. I'm not even that bothered with Thursday's sale, it's not worth the stress anymore. I'll likely still join the queue but I'm not going to be disappointed if I don't get anything

I just about got a ticket in the Kop for the Champions League this season in the auto-cup scheme sale last month. I think that'll have to do me for the year. Much better atmosphere than the league anyway I find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I would like to have a lot of the games, this paying for the only team you support is not good enough. How can you not watch other teams and see what the performance is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

What odds of getting a ticket or two before a game, a lesser game let's say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

8-10 wrote: »
    That's really unlucky. I only got 1 last season in the PL. I'm not even that bothered with Thursday's sale, it's not worth the stress anymore. I'll likely still join the queue but I'm not going to be disappointed if I don't get anything

I just about got a ticket in the Kop for the Champions League this season in the auto-cup scheme sale last month. I think that'll have to do me for the year. Much better atmosphere than the league anyway I find.

Honestly I just try go to away games even if I have to sit in the home end. Enjoy going to different grounds too. Selhurst and Craven Cottage last season I got to.

Dickerty wrote: »
    What odds of getting a ticket or two before a game, a lesser game let's say?

Their do be spares around on FB groups and that but demand was just insane last season, all my usual contacts had nothing. I'm not in the slightest optimistic for Thursday of getting one game.

I'll be praying for longer domestic cup runs, that's about your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I would like to have a lot of the games, this paying for the only team you support is not good enough. How can you not watch other teams and see what the performance is like.

I rarely watch other teams games, not arsed in their performances, in the league anyway, would watch CL games after the group stage as they are usually better. I would absolutely go legit if I could just pay for Liverpool's games and it will happen eventually, it has to. The arse will fall out of the TV bubble as its all too expensive and that's when it will go to individual clubs to extract what they can and the lesser teams will be screwed.

Honestly I just try go to away games even if I have to sit in the home end. Enjoy going to different grounds too. Selhurst and Craven Cottage last season I got to.

Yeah I was at Barcelona away in the home end last year and done Stoke before. Planning on Southampton this season if I can get a ticket in that end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

EA Sports is a new official partner of Liverpool football club.

Damm the off the field sponsorships keeps rolling in.

FSG are amazing owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

EA Sports the epitome of evil in the gaming world. A perfect match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Its in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Peter Moore the clubs CEO used to work at EA (among others) so I imagine he's behind this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Front cover of the new FIFA better be Trent walking away from the corner flag and Origi smashing the winner in on the back. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    didn't he not miss a few games for Barca after signing due to the same injury?
    He picked up a hamstring injury in his first session with Barcelona - some might consider that karma after he had faked a back injury in August and again in late December with Liverpool while trying to force through the transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I read that all right. If sky did a season ticket for all Liverpool games I would subscribe no problem. Its the non-televised games that appeal to people just as much.

The avergae Joe public will prob sign up to sky when blocked. The others will find a way to watch the content.

I hope they never do that.

Would simply make the rich clubs richer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I wonder will it effect iptv subscribers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Watching it thinking.. Just a handshake for Gini?

Ohhhhh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

ush wrote: »
    Its in the game.

I dunno what why but I always said 'man' after that. Maybe it's because I'm a sap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I look at a lot of games on american and canadian channels on iptv - They are not streamed, they channels are buying the matches and im subbed to them, (ish.) dont see an issue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With all the talk of VVD being in the running for the Ballon D'or surely Alisson should be in the running as well for the season he had.

3 Golden Gloves a Champions League and a Copa America is pretty bloody impressive for one season however with only one keeper ever winning it I doubt Alisson will even be considered.

.G. wrote: »
    I rarely watch other teams games, not arsed in their performances, in the league anyway, would watch CL games after the group stage as they are usually better. I would absolutely go legit if I could just pay for Liverpool's games and it will happen eventually, it has to. The arse will fall out of the TV bubble as its all too expensive and that's when it will go to individual clubs to extract what they can and the lesser teams will be screwed.

I dont understand that, at least watch you nearest rival, surely to see what your dealing with and how your own team compares .How can you give a fair and balanced judgement of your own team without knowing how the other team is performing.

I dont understand that, at least watch you nearest rival, surely to see what your dealing with and how your own team compares .How can you give a fair and balanced judgement of your own team without knowing how the other team is performing.

For me I just don't have the time. I might catch the highlights on MOTD but even if it's say United v Spurs or something I'm not going to sit and watch it. Watching 2 Liverpool games a week plus a load of other sport is already a lot.

The rest of the league doesn't interest me much unless it really directly affects us (watched a few City games last year of course but that was as an avid supporter of their opponent not just to see how our rival is doing)

For me I just don't have the time. I might catch the highlights on MOTD but even if it's say United v Spurs or something I'm not going to sit and watch it. Watching 2 Liverpool games a week plus a load of other sport is already a lot.

The rest of the league doesn't interest me much unless it really directly affects us (watched a few City games last year of course but that was as an avid supporter of their opponent not just to see how our rival is doing)

Ok thats fair enough, Id watch alot maybe 2 sometimes 3 games on saturday and then one on Sunday and if there games on Friday Id watch that.
    I have alot of free time at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

EA Sports is a new official partner of Liverpool football club.

Damm the off the field sponsorships keeps rolling in.

FSG are amazing owners.

Just a swap from PES guess EA wanted to have the Champions League holders for their Champions League license

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ok thats fair enough, Id watch alot maybe 2 sometimes 3 games on saturday and then one on Sunday and if there games on Friday Id watch that.

You should get out more!

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    You should get out more!

Out plenty .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I would try to do the same myself. Add in the games on Tuesday & Wednesday night too and some EL games. Although to be honest, the number of games I am able to watch these days has reduced since moving in with the gf :pac:

These days, there is a intra top 6 game almost every week, and if not, one of the top 6 will be playing Leicester or Everton which would also be a decent game.

Easy to watch that game, plus the Liverpool game and then an other on a Sunday or Monday also.

Can only assume all of you with this extra weekend time have no kids. Bet you can sleep in till 9 too!

I have all Liverpool games added to our calendar once TV times are announced. There's an agreement that it's my untouchable free time of the week. Rest of the time it's swimming lessons, music classes and playgrounds :P

Can only assume all of you with this extra weekend time have no kids. Bet you can sleep in till 9 too!

I have all Liverpool games added to our calendar once TV times are announced. There's an agreement that it's my untouchable free time of the week. Rest of the time it's swimming lessons, music classes and playgrounds :P

No sprogs here , that I know of anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Fill in all the way to the champions league final ,we have to start expecting it😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'd rather watch 10 hours of the footie over a weekend than binge a show,or movies,I know that.

• Advertisement

I'd rather watch 10 hours of the footie over a weekend than binge a show,or movies,I know that.

Depends, when the CL is on aswell there is alot to watch every night but for the most part I would agree.

Fill in all the way to the champions league final ,we have to start expecting itðŸ˜

I'm in the autocup scheme for Europe so they already know I'm out of the country for those games. :P

2 years ago I said "ah don't worry it'll only be 3 group games and maybe we'll get a game in the knockouts"

Last season I said "ah don't worry I know I ended up going to a lot more games last season than I though but sure we're not going to be getting to the final again"

So yeah this season I should just say listen love, I'm going to 3 group games, a last 16, quarter final, semi final and final so I'll be away 7 times.

7 times. Has a good ring to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Any techies on here that has a knowledgeable opinion on whether the IP's blocking all footie streams is workable?
    Didn't miss a single game last season in any comps and less than a handful in any season for years before that and can't bear to think that could be gone :(

Danny Rose available for about £20m, be good back up for Robertson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Danny Rose available for about £20m, be good back up for Robertson.

Expensive back-up. 29 now too. Can't see it happening.

• Advertisement

Are Spurs replicating Arsenal, not keeping players beyond 30 years of age?
    Would be two odd decisions to let Trippier AND Rose go, you need to keep the Homegrown factor up...

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Any techies on here that has a knowledgeable opinion on whether the IP's blocking all footie streams is workable?
    Didn't miss a single game last season in any comps and less than a handful in any season for years before that and can't bear to think that could be gone :(

If they force it on the ISPs, then yes, it's possible the could cut off whether you are watching on dodgy box, website or phone app (of which I have all 3), since they all come in via either your Wifi or 4G provider.
    So it will be VPN for me. But let's see what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Surely the lads that offer the service will offer instructions too so the issue can be avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

3 of us in the houseshare...it makes sky sports so cheap split 3 ways. Paying just €30 each for tv package + sky sports and broadband. Bought a new 49" 4k tv last Christmas too so the games are spectacular. So glad I'm not streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

If they force it on the ISPs, then yes, it's possible the could cut off whether you are watching on dodgy box, website or phone app (of which I have all 3), since they all come in via either your Wifi or 4G provider.
    Do you use a free VPN? Any advice? (realise I sound like a cheap sod but limited means and all that...)thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its very difficult to block "those" websites as you can block by hostname or IP subset but they can easily change them.

This would affect the STB's and the likes a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Out plenty .

Appropriate user name though :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd be fairly sure a lot of childless people wouldn't consider 9 much of a sleep in either! I remember those days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

dmigsy wrote: »

Not that expensive nowadays, if the wages weren't daft.

dmigsy wrote: »

For an england international? It's nothing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement