Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

It was a game of tiny margin's that made a huge difference a bit like the City game in January

When Gini put Mane through early (the one he looked for the peno form) , he tried with his first touch out it across Pique , he'd have been taking down or had a clear shot but he missed it and it calm onto his left foot , Would have bene such a good start and we wouldn't have had to chase an away goal that would have suited us to counter Barca instead of forcing the game in the second half like we did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

We were unlucky last night – reminded me so much of the final last year against Madrid. Both against top Spanish opposition. We performed so well but a key player went off early in both (Kieta last night and Salah in Kiev) which really upset the formation and then a moment magic in each (Messi last night and Bale in Kiev) did for us.

I also offer Messi’s performance and influence as the complete anthesis of Karius’ performance and influence last May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

People are being very harsh on Gomez. Think it may have been too soon to put him into a cauldron like that.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    We were unlucky last night – reminded me so much of the final last year against Madrid. Both against top Spanish opposition. We performed so well but a key player went off early in both (Kieta last night and Salah in Kiev) which really upset the formation and then a moment magic in each (Messi last night and Bale in Kiev) did for us.

I also offer Messi’s performance and influence as the complete anthesis of Karius’ performance and influence last May.

Bar the free kick I thought Messi was very quite for his standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

For sure, but two moments from him were enough to sort the game. Karius was also having a normal/unspectacular game in Kiev until his two ‘moments’ altered the game massively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

We closed him down well but he was a constant threat running at us, pulling players towards him, effectively creating space for another player to be slipped in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Keita out for the rest of the season according to Echo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That's a shame but no surprise given the fact that the season is over next week.

He was just hitting form so hopefully we can see more of that from the start next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

One look at that cesspit of a humour thread today and you realise how true this really is:

https://twitter.com/daveockop/status/1122603280759177216?s=21

I much prefer Everton fans though. ;)

No better sign that the good days are back though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Poor Keita, just when he hits a patch of form... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Rest of the season is around 11 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

martyos121 wrote: »
    One look at that cesspit of a humour thread today and you realise how true this really is:

Ah let Fred and his merry men have their fun.
    All season week after week they have their gifs ready to go
    then had to put them away cause they couldn't say anything about Liverpool.

Pitty them really having to support that car crash of a team :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

jpboard1 wrote: »
    People are being very harsh on Gomez. Think it may have been too soon to put him into a cauldron like that.

ah i dont think people are trying to be harsh on Gomez.. he did well but by playing him it blunted our attacking big time.

in the second half we had players high up the pitch on the left hand side and TAA would have hit them with diag passes imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I was baffled about Gomez starting tbh, I don't think he was fit enough for that type of game, I think missing TAA and Keita going off early cost us a lot of our rhythm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yeah cause you are above all that Humour thread having a pop at rivals when they lose stuff ain't you.....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109987076&postcount=8607

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds Marty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Jeez, your post is as bad as anything they're posting, it's all petty point scoring b.s tbh.

Hopefully our good days will produce trophies soon, I don't want to be looking back at these days in a few years reminiscing about how close we came to winning stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's like The Purge on the Boards.ie Soccer forum at times after games.

liverpool_mask_1544635242_0fedb558.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Rest of the season is around 11 days.

Nah, the final isn’t til the 01st June.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Noticed a lot of people saying there should have been another man in the wall or the wall should have been a half yard to the right in here today. Was everybody saying that before the free kick was taken? I haven't read back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Its only half time....aint over till the final whistle.

The team to face Newcastle go strong.

Alisson

TAA
    Matip
    VVD
    Robbo

Fab

Gini
    Henderson

Salah
    Bobby
    Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Owl. wrote: »
    Noticed a lot of people saying there should have been another man in the wall or the wall should have been a half yard to the right in here today. Was everybody saying that before the free kick was taken? I haven't read back.

Lol you can't see it from the main TV angle, once I saw the replay's it was my first thought. Gomez a foot to his right takes that ball in the mush or Messi has to try bend it further around the wall at least making it a more difficult strike than it already was. It seems some people want to say 'Barca are class so what can you do' instead of 'yes they are class but our best players made errors at both ends of the pitch costing us the game and very likely the tie'. They're still world class players but last night small errors against the best cost us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

24hrs later and we've all had time to digest the game.

Firstly, starting Gomez was the right decision IMO, it's easy with hindsight to say Trent would have offered more, but the thought of Alba and Messi running at Trent would make me **** my pants, he was'nt 100% fit but he offers so much more from a defensive point of view.
    Speaking of Messi, he was vintage last night, no-one can contain him or mark him out of the game, he's just simply too good, the way he sidesteps and skips past everyone reminds me of that scene in x-men where quicksilver runs rings around everyone while they're in slow motion.

Gini playing as a false 9 did'nt work at any stage, Hendo was brilliant when he came on, everyone put in a good shift and we played well although we did look nervous for the first half hour.
    We created good chances but we were unlucky with our finishing and unlucky in that Messi was up for it. I also think that was one of the worst refereeing displays i've seen, they should have had 4 or 5 players booked at least and the constant hounding of the ref to give us yellow cards was sad to see.

As Klopp said in the post game presser not scoring was crucial, if Barca score then we need 5, and you'd have to think if the same Messi turns up next week they will score especially with us leaving gaps at he back as we will have to do.
    We need a very special night at Anfield to go through, not impossible but we do have form in that regard.

What stood out to me as Messi lined it up was our wall seemed to be well over 10 yards back, closer to 15 i'd say.

Has anyone seen the video on twitter ,its from behind the goal You can see Milner screaming at Alisson asking should he get in the end of the wall ,Alisson waves him away and the ball goes in the exact spot he was standing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We don't need to chase anything, we can win 3-0 at home, we do it week in week out ffs. Just even the tie up and take it to extra time and penalties if need be. We should be scoring against them at set pieces too considering the midgets they all are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Has anyone seen the video on twitter ,its from behind the goal You can see Milner screaming at Alisson asking should he get in the end of the wall ,Alisson waves him away and the ball goes in the exact spot he was standing

Shouldn’t have a wall for frees from that distance anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Allison has not been impressive overall. He has the wrong type of physique. A more agile keeper would have saved the free kick comfortably.

• Advertisement

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

chicorytip wrote: »
    Allison has not been impressive overall. He has the wrong type of physique. A more agile keeper would have saved the free kick comfortably.

Seriously? not impressive overall? only for him we would of being knocked out against Napoli in the group stages

8-10 wrote: »

I've always said having a wall only blocks the view of your own keeper and encourages them to shoot. Don't know why teams still use them.
    And another one is hoofing it upfield straight from kickoff, just retain posession of the ball as you do for the other 89 minutes of the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I was gonna post. But I couldn't find the remote. You know the button that allows you to pause the space time continuum. And then Messi took the free kick. But if I'd found the remote I'd have stopped time and posted.

8-10 wrote: »

I've always said having a wall only blocks the view of your own keeper and encourages them to shoot. Don't know why teams still use them.
    And another one is hoofing it upfield straight from kickoff, just retain posession of the ball as you do for the other 89 minutes of the game!

Nonsense without the wall 90 % of freekicks would ve on target , the amount of frees that are fired over or wide because of the wall alone ,
    If Alisson sets the wall out properly the shot doesnt go on target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Loads of rumours today Quatris are pulling out of PSG , some quality players will leave if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Loads of rumours today Quatris are pulling out of PSG , some quality players will leave if true

Hmmmm.....owners are only allowed to have a stake in one CL team. Reckon they're bailing out Chelsea.

Article 5 Integrity of the competition
    5.01 To ensure the integrity of the UEFA club competitions, the following criteria apply:
    a. no club participating in a UEFA club competition may, either directly or indirectly:
    i. hold or deal in the securities or shares of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition,
    ii. be a member of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition,
    iii. be involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition, or
    iv. have any power whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why? They'd sell for a big price to wealthy owners and players would still have valid contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Roma are the target club apparently. Chelsea is wanted by the UK's richest - who just bought out Team SKY - Jim Ratcliffe. He's a right fracker

£200m bid for Mbappe in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Nonsense without the wall 90 % of freekicks would ve on target , the amount of frees that are fired over or wide because of the wall alone ,
    If Alisson sets the wall out properly the shot doesnt go on target

Are you a top level goal keeper? Have you played goal keeper before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

ush wrote: »
    Hmmmm.....owners are only allowed to have a stake in one CL team. Reckon they're bailing out Chelsea.

Article 5 Integrity of the competition
    5.01 To ensure the integrity of the UEFA club competitions, the following criteria apply:
    a. no club participating in a UEFA club competition may, either directly or indirectly:
    i. hold or deal in the securities or shares of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition,
    ii. be a member of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition,
    iii. be involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition, or
    iv. have any power whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition;

Did not stop the two red bull teams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

chicorytip wrote: »

There is no keeper would have saved that. There is a question mark over whether the wall was set up right though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

In general, there's a mountain to climb now. But it's worth keeping in mind that Barca last 3-0 away to Roma last season, and 4-0 away to PSG and 3-0 away to Juventus the season before.

Monsters at home, but can be quite fickle on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

:rolleyes: Lads, please listen to the anonymous internet posters who know more about football than one of the top goalkeepers in the world.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

MaceFace wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Lads, please listen to the anonymous internet posters who know more about football than one of the top goalkeepers in the world.:rolleyes:

Well that's it lads, shut it down, nobody is entitled to their opinion unless you're a world class goalkeeper. No point commenting on anything football related at all really. Unless you played football in the top leagues in the world.

Boards gonna be quiet in the soccer forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

MaceFace wrote: »

they're not anonymous it's yourdeadright

seriously though the 3-0 result is hard to take but that's life. they didn't roll over. Suarez first goal in the CL and it's probably the most important goal they've scored all year and a great goal too, bit of luck for their second and a fantastic free kick. Had our chances, it didn't go our way, there's no point picking over the bones of it.

had a dream we lost to Newcastle. Woke up with nothing to look forward to but the end of Game of Thrones and Borderlands 3. The fupping cricket has even started.l

Are you a top level goal keeper? Have you played goal keeper before?

No never a goalie more likely to be hitting the free and hitting it over :D

I know its easy to question the keeper afterwards but you have to agree the wall did look a man light or should have moved everyone a yard over,
    For Milner to notice it says it all really, you rarely see a player question the keeper's wall and he did ,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement