Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

No never a goalie more likely to be hitting the free and hitting it over :D

I know its easy to question the keeper afterwards but you have to agree the wall did look a man light or should have moved everyone a yard over,
    For Milner to notice it says it all really, you rarely see a player question the keeper's wall and he did ,

There was an extra man free for Barca on that side of the wall, Milner needed to mark up and follow the runners in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

8-10 wrote: »
    There was an extra man free for Barca on that side of the wall, Milner needed to mark up and follow the runners in.

Robbo is spare to the left of the wall,
    Anyway we will have to agree to disagree,
    I thought the wall was poorly set up if you think differently that's fair enough , There is no right or wrong just opinion's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Wall probably could have been better but lets be honest, we really didn't expect Messi to hit it that well from that distance. Just have to move on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Maybe Donald Trump should be brought in to build the next wall when we are facing a free kick,never saw so much talk about a wall before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

So Newcastle ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭daheff

What stood out to me as Messi lined it up was our wall seemed to be well over 10 yards back, closer to 15 i'd say.

and about 2 steps to far to the right as Messi looked at it. I'd bet he could see the post to the left of the wall. Don't think Alison got the wall right for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So Newcastle ....

It's a huge game, and a difficult one in terms of the context. The players will be hurting, they know only a win is good enough, but they also know that a win might not matter at all. Atmosphere will be raucous given the kickoff time and it being their last home game of the season, and they will rightly feel great about themselves after some brilliant form to beat the drop. If the Barca tie was in the balance it would be a nice distraction, but it now looms massive as a terrible chore following Wednesday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Looking forward to the Newcastle game. It's not going to be easy at all.

One thing I will be watching in Perez, in the last couple of months I've been impressed with him. A bold statement to make, but he plays alot like Bobby Firmino, I could see him as a good backup to Bobby who would slot in and do the same job as him (not as amazing though).

To change the subject, here's the link to Klopp's Press Conference starting at 10:30am

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Newcastle game. It's not going to be easy at all.

One thing I will be watching in Perez, in the last couple of months I've been impressed with him. A bold statement to make, but he plays alot like Bobby Firmino, I could see him as a good backup to Bobby who would slot in and do the same job as him (not as amazing though).

He came off injured in there last game not sure if he is fit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So Newcastle ....

Newcastle? Why on earth would we talk about the next game which could be a vital result? :D

Clearly play the best 11 and pray that A) no one gets injured and B) City drop a couple of points cos if that happens it'll clarify what Klopps policy will be v Barca and Wolves. Forget the return CL leg Rodgers style and put everything into the last PL game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭daheff

Newcastle? Why on earth would we talk about the next game which could be a vital result? :D

Clearly play the best 11 and pray that A) no one gets injured and B) City drop a couple of points cos if that happens it'll clarify what Klopps policy will be v Barca and Wolves. Forget the return CL leg Rodgers style and put everything into the last PL game.

there are 3 possibly 4 games left this season....play the best team for each unless somebody is dead. minimal training needed this time of the season so they should be reasonably well enough rested.

Preditced 11

Alisson
    Trent
    Lovren
    VVD
    Robbo
    Hendo
    Fab
    Shaq
    Salah
    Mane,
    Bobby

Don't think that forms part of the thinking anymore tbh. Three games left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Bet Victor dropped from training gear (some will be happy) for AXA

MT001R.jpg

MT018GG.jpg

MJ002R_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hypothetical question that someone posed to me...

If we beat Newcastle and City drop points against Leicester, would you make changes against Barca given the unlikeliness of turning around a 3-3-0 deficit to save players for the Wolves game or do you go hell for leather in both?

If we beat Newcastle and City drop points against Leicester, would you make changes against Barca given the unlikeliness of turning around a 3-3-0 deficit to save players for the Wolves game or do you go hell for leather in both?

go for both. you can sleep when you're dead.

5 days between Tuesday and Sunday so lots of time to recover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd offer to play against Barcelona. If I knew anyone on the team sheet I'd be furious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Doogs27

Hell for leather on both, if Barca score or it gets obv out of hand, then you look at tactical substitutuons. But realistically at that stage, at most three games left in a season.... Strongest side out.

Amazed anyone thinks Liverpool have a cat in hell's chance v Barca. It'll be done and dusted within 30 mins.

Amazed anyone thinks Liverpool have a cat in hell's chance v Barca. It'll be done and dusted within 30 mins.

Obviously Barca are favourites of course and its very unlikely but the have taken big defeats away in recent years ,

Roma 3-0
    Psg 4-0
    Juve 3-0

I think our lads will just want a win for some pride ,

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm sure we'll score 1 or 2 against them at home, but they are certain to score as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

What were you like for Istanbul ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Shut up old man we're young and hopeful :D

• Advertisement

I see Naby is out for two months,
    Never good to get in injured but it probably does him a favour as he will not make the African nations and gets himself a rest before pre season ,

Ste- wrote: »
    What were you like for Istanbul ?

I was the fella who walked back to town at half time! :P
    D'Agger wrote: »
    Shut up old man we're young and hopeful :D

Hey, you're not the kid in this thread. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

As rebel said last night they are flaky away from home , if we get the rub of good fortune you never know, clean sheet is priority can’t see ya scoring 5 or more , at 3 there is still a slim chance. We are the comeback kings after all, would you fave left Istanbul at half time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We need to be 2-0 up sharpish tbh.

But can't even think of it.

I want to watch City and Leicester on Monday knowing it still matters.

noodler wrote: »
    We need to be 2-0 up sharpish tbh.

But can't even think of it.

I want to watch City and Leicester on Monday knowing it still matters.

I can't bring myself to watch City ,I prefer to bring the kids to the park or go for a jog or something and come home and check the score when its over,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I can't bring myself to watch City ,I prefer to bring the kids to the park or go for a jog or something and come home and check the score when its over,

Same as this, its like torture hoping that the drop something so haven't watched any of their recent matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Same as this, its like torture hoping that the drop something so haven't watched any of their recent matches.

I don't like watching City because with every game, it's just becoming apparent that they deserve the title. As do we at this stage, but they have that point, so.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I don't like watching City because with every game, it's just becoming apparent that they deserve the title. As do we at this stage, but they have that point, so.

It would be absolute class if there had to be a a playoff. Would be a brilliant way to decide it and would be a brilliant spectacle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well one bit of good news with Keita's injury he is out for two months and misses the African Cup of Nations.

Hopefully fully recovered & rested and ready for pre season then.

Klopp says Keita will miss African Cup of Nations: "It is a high grade adductor injury. It will keep him out for two months."

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1124244876898504704?s=21

Not good news for Naby who was looking forward to representing his country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Some of the permutations required to trigger a one off winner takes all play off. Can't see Brighton winning 4-0 at the Etiad so let's rule that one out.

Liverpool win 5-0 and lose 2-1 AND Man City draw both games 0-0
    Liverpool win 4-0 and draw 3-3 AND Man City win 1-0 and lose 1-0
    Liverpool draw both games 3-3 AND Man City draw 0-0 and lose 4-0
    Liverpool draw 3-3 and lose 4-3 AND Man City lose 3-0 and lose 2-0

Someone was reading the BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Some of the permutations required to trigger a one off winner takes all play off. Can't see Brighton winning 4-0 at the Etiad so let's rule that one out.

Liverpool win 5-0 and lose 2-1 AND Man City draw both games 0-0
    Liverpool win 4-0 and draw 3-3 AND Man City win 1-0 and lose 1-0
    Liverpool draw both games 3-3 AND Man City draw 0-0 and lose 4-0
    Liverpool draw 3-3 and lose 4-3 AND Man City lose 3-0 and lose 2-0
    Hopefully, they won't do it at the Amex either!

;)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Can't see Brighton winning 4-0 at the Etiad so let's rule that one out.

In fairness the results don't have to be in order but I can't see Leicester winning 4-0 either so point stands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Did anybody catch this beaut from the other night :D :pac:

D5kAZZ8XkAInzqk.jpg:large

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Did anybody catch this beaut from the other night :D :pac:

D5kAZZ8XkAInzqk.jpg:large

If it is real, then shame on that bookie who took the bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Man that AXA logo is so fcuking big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Looks like firminio is doubtful for tomorrow night

FFS, yet again we're coming up short with a second level bench.

Speaking of which Julian Brandt to BVB is big this morning/afternoon.

Man that AXA logo is so fcuking big.

Fabinhio is doing his best Zoolander Blue Steel in every image though.

FFS, yet again we're coming up short with a second level bench.

Speaking of which Julian Brandt to BVB is big this morning/afternoon.

I thought Brandt had no interest in coming to merseyside anyway?

That was Julian Draxler. Understandable error. Or was it both :confused:.com

That was Julian Draxler. Understandable error. Or was it both :confused:.com

both I think. I get the feeling any signings we make we will hardly know of. seems to be the way thinsg are done. too many big clubs fighting of marquee signings this summer anyway. leave them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

what will the team for tomorrow night?

TAA lovren VVD robertson
    Hendo Gini (won't be starting Tuesday)
    Ox
    Salah mane shaq

Tuesday night
    TAA VVD Gomez Robertson
    Fabinho
    Milner hendo
    Salah Firmino Mane

• Advertisement