Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

When you sign someone for 18m or whatever it is, u cant pay them any less than what he is getting at utd. The market value of the transfer generally correlates to the wages. You cant tell James yeah we are willing to pay 18m for you but we only want to give u 20k a week, doesnt work like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I disagree.

In 2017 the average premier league player's wage crept over 50 grand a week for the first time ,

Now don't forget there are many on anywhere from 100 to 300 a week

So although he is on about the average wage as I assume its gone up again ,

Anyway only time will tell if he is under paid or over paid , impossible to say before he has even played a game,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why refer to Gomez current contract then? He only got his pay rise in December and there's no way Liverpool would have him the current salary if he just signed from Charlton.

Why not compare James to similar new players in the league?

A better comparison would have been Harry Wilson. Similar experience and he's reported to be getting paid less than £15k a week and he only signed a new contract before going on loan to Derby.

Brooks at Bournemouth is on £20k, Guendozi is on £40k, AWB is on £20k, TAA is on £50k. Wouldn't imagine Odi is on more than £20k?

Why would James be worth more than any of those?

The original point Adam made was James would get £65k per week off most of the PL clubs. I highly doubt that to be true.

I'd question why you are taking the report as fact. It's also widely known that United give incentive based addons on all contracts, so basically his base fee could be 30k and only hit 67k(which I wouldn't even believe) if those targets were hit. They would probably also include portions of image rights.

It seems that the media like to add everything together when it comes to United but seem to report base contracts for other players as they dont generate clicks.

As I was typing this I had a look at the article and it clearly states "worth up to £67,000-a-week including bonuses at United."

So he wont be earning 67k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

POKERKING wrote: »
    When you sign someone for 18m or whatever it is, u cant pay them any less than what he is getting at utd. The market value of the transfer generally correlates to the wages. You cant tell James yeah we are willing to pay 18m for you but we only want to give u 20k a week, doesnt work like that.

How did Leicester manage to do it for Maddison then, or Bournemouth with Ibe or Arsenal with Guendozi?

What are Everton paying Richarlison?

Brooks signed from Sheffield United for £12m and is on £20k.

Traoure signed from Wolves for £18m and is on £45k.

United bought Dalot for £15m last year. Is he on £65k as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I've mentioned this before, but there is a lot to be said for the Sanchez transfer to United being the worst PL transfer of all time. And for a number of reasons - both off and on the field. The on-field stuff is well-discussed due to his sh*teness and United being overloaded with LWs.

But the off-field stuff has had a snowball effect first of all in the United dressing room, and then wider to the PL and even Europe now. Sanchez gets a contract of £350,000 base pay and gets a bonus of £75,000 every time he plays to bring it up to 425,000 a week.

But Sanchez can't make the team and is getting paid this amount, and here are some very realistic hypothetical situations that have arose from this scenario.
    • David De Gea is the best player in the United squad and his contract is expiring - only has one year left on his deal. He plays every week. He thinks he should be on parity with Sanchez. Do United pay another £425,000 per week to another player?
    • Paul Pogba thinks he is the best player in the team (he's not) and he always wants his ego massaged, so he wants the same contract. With the agent he has, you know well he will force it through.
    • Ander's Herrera's contract is expiring and while he is humble enough to know to not demand that much, he wants an increase on his current contract - he won't get it so he leaves and United need to now buy someone else to replace him and also pay the wages.
    • Anthony Martial wants a new contract on similar wages so he gets a nice £250,000 a week contract.
    • Marcus Rashford only has one year left on his contract also. He sees the contract Sanchez is getting who never plays and Rashford is saying to himself, well I play every week so I want a £200,000 a week contract to stay here.
    • Rashford doesn't score a whole lot of goals compared to other strikers at top 6 clubs and he is on England duty and he is boasting about his new £200,000 a week contract (baring in mind that the highest earner at Liverpool is Salah on £200,000 a week).
    • Now Rashford is friendly with Trent Alexander Arnold and he tells him about his new contract.
    • Salah gets win that he is on parity with Rashford and Salah is about thrice the player that Rashford is, and scores about 3 times more than him. He is not happy and wants a raise. Salah then gets a raise to £300,000 but then so does Mane, and so does Firmino, and so does VVD.
    • VVD plays for Holland is talking to his buddy De Ligt and he tells him about his contract. De Ligt tells his agent (Mino Rialo) how much and next thing the going rate for his contract is £200,000 minimum.

These new contracts are spreading all over Europe and they are all being comparable to the contracts handed out to underperfoming United players and think that the deserve more.

Shaw - £175,000
    Martial - £250,000
    Pogba - £290,000
    Lukaku - £200,000

Daniel James an unknwon lad from the championship on his first ever PL contract - £67,000.
    Handing this contract to him is starting a very dangerous precedent. But it is in keeping with how United hand out their contracts lately.

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    I'd question why you are taking the report as fact. It's also widely known that United give incentive based addons on all contracts, so basically his base fee could be 30k and only hit 67k(which I wouldn't even believe) if those targets were hit. They would probably also include portions of image rights.

It seems that the media like to add everything together when it comes to United but seem to report base contracts for other players as they dont generate clicks.

As I was typing this I had a look at the article and it clearly states "worth up to £67,000-a-week including bonuses at United."

So he wont be earning 67k

I never said it was fact but your logic could also apply to all the players mentioned in comparison. Each and everyone of them may be getting half the quoted figure and performance related bonuses make up the rest and they would still all be paid less than James.

Now James could end up being a superstar and gave 10 goals and 15 assists next season and United fans will be laughing at what a bargain they've got for £18m and 65k a week.

I never said it was fact but your logic could also apply to all the players mentioned in comparison. Each and everyone of them may be getting half the quoted figure and performance related bonuses make up the rest and they would still all be paid less than James.

Now James could end up being a superstar and gave 10 goals and 15 assists next season and United fans will be laughing at what a bargain they've got for £18m and 65k a week.

So maybe stop using made up figures from the likes of the daily mail to back up points.. he is not getting 65k a week.. its sensationalist bull****

So maybe stop using made up figures from the likes of the daily mail to back up points.. he is not getting 65k a week.. its sensationalist bull****

I'm not using any made up figures to back up any points. Adam orginally stated that James would have gotten the £65k at most other PL teams.

I've used figures of other similar players to show that his assumption is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

For lads that say they dont care about United and that they are currently a level below other teams so are of no consequence, there sure is alot of concern about what they are paying players. And citing / believing a bastion of reliable journalism like the Mirror no less. Quality stuff.

I'm not using any made up figures to back up any points. Adam orginally stated that James would have gotten the £65k at most other PL teams.

I've used figures of other similar players to show that his assumption is wrong.

You have also continued to imply that you believe that he will be getting 65k, using these figures to back up your posts in comparison to other players.
    Well the difference is Gomez was earning well below what James is been given now. He earned his salary with excellent performances.

Very few clubs would offer James the money United have.

A better comparison would have been Harry Wilson. Similar experience and he's reported to be getting paid less than £15k a week and he only signed a new contract before going on loan to Derby.

Brooks at Bournemouth is on £20k, Guendozi is on £40k, AWB is on £20k, TAA is on £50k. Wouldn't imagine Odi is on more than £20k?

For Adam to say every PL club would have offered him similar is ludicrous.

• Advertisement

• For lads that say they dont care about United and that they are currently a level below other teams so are of no consequence, there sure is alot of concern about what they are paying players. And citing / believing a bastion of reliable journalism like the Mirror no less. Quality stuff.

Ironically, I'd say there would be some Triggered lads here if someone used the Mirror as a source for a player of a certain other team :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

The amount of apples and oranges on the last two pages........

Not to mention presenting rumours and anecdotes as facts.

I know this ****e is what this forum is now but it must be a quiet Friday if one group decides to kick off over how much a young Welsh lad is getting paid by a football club even though there is nothing all that remarkable about it given today’s Premier League.

But oh the outrage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

sugarman wrote: »
    I'll never get the obsession with players wages

Yup. Especially when the club is fairly well off.

United could pay him a million a week and still be perfectly fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

No surprise here - Sessegnon tells Fulham he won't renew his contract so they have the option of keeping him for a year and losing him for a tribunal fee but potentially driving the promotion push, or selling him for £45m now and funding the promotion push.

He has long been linked to Spurs so the destination isn't a surprise either. I'd imagine he'd get plenty of time to develop there, too.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/07/ryan-sessegnon-not-renew-fulham-wants-tottenham-move
    Ryan Sessegnon has told Fulham he will not sign a new contract with them – to replace the one that expires next summer – and the 19-year-old winger has set his heart on a move to Tottenham.

Sessegnon, who will be involved for England at the European under-21 Championship in Italy and San Marino this month, has been chased by a host of top clubs, including Paris St-Germain and Manchester United. He comes from an Ivorian family and speaks French, meaning that a move to PSG would hold a certain appeal.

But Sessegnon has made it clear that he wants to join Spurs, who have tracked him for the past few years, as he believes he would thrive under Mauricio Pochettino. The Spurs manager has an excellent track record for developing young English talent. Pochettino would like a deal for Sessegnon to be completed by 8 July, which is when his players will report for pre-season training.

Fulham have mentioned a fee of £45m for a player who, despite his youth, has already made over 100 league appearances for them – including 35 in the Premier League over this past season, when they were relegated. Spurs, though, are not inclined to pay more than £25m and they know that Fulham would face the disastrous prospect of losing Sessegnon for only training costs if they did not do business now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

sugarman wrote: »
    I'll never get the obsession with players wages

I'm not saying it's the case here, but wages can affect the ability to pay other transfer fees or wages so concerns can be legitimate in my opinion. I don't care if my team pays a huge price/wage for player X, I do care if by overpaying for player X my team falls short elsewhere as a result.

He's 19 so hopefully whoever signs him only pays him in Match Attax cards and barbecue beef hula hoops. Anything else would be madness.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

FitzShane wrote: »
    I'

These new contracts are spreading all over Europe and they are all being comparable to the contracts handed out to underperfoming United players and think that the deserve more.

I doubt very much it's the players going about saying anything to other players. It's the very small pool of agents managing a medium sized pool of players and they all know who is earning what and using that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    The amount of apples and oranges on the last two pages........

Not to mention presenting rumours and anecdotes as facts.

I know this ****e is what this forum is now but it must be a quiet Friday if one group decides to kick off over how much a young Welsh lad is getting paid by a football club even though there is nothing all that remarkable about it given today’s Premier League.

But oh the outrage.

I didn't see anyone "kicking off" to be honest. Just querying some odd comparisons. All seemed fairly polite. If that's getting knickers in a twist then people must be living very sheltered lives.

I didn't see anyone "kicking off" to be honest. Just querying some odd comparisons. All seemed fairly polite. If that's getting knickers in a twist then people must be living very sheltered lives.

Don't be so sensible,

Don't you know its frowned about to have a conversation involving players form other clubs than the one you support it .

Its not like this is a thread discussing about summer singing or anything :D

As its the first singing by a so called top 6 club and it's interesting to see where the value for money is these days seeing how crazy the money has gone to sign half decent players,

James could turn out to be bargain only time will tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Don't be so sensible,

Don't you know its frowned about to have a conversation involving players form other clubs than the one you support it .

As its the first singing by a so called top 6 club and it's interesting to see where the value for money is these days seeing how crazy the money has gone to sign half decent players,

To use one of the misguided examples; where was the outrage over James Maddison's wages? or any footballer for that matter?

No. Let's call a spade a spade for once and say that this was brought up because it was United and that the usual crew are full of faux-outrage as they scramble for their arbitrary moral high ground once again. It's the same cycle over and over bizarrely thinking that some point or other is being proven. It's tedious to read.

If it was even actual "banter" it would (or should) be at least funny to read in an idle moment no matter at who's club's expense. But no, it's pretending that you're morally offended by something of which none of us have any concept of nor will ever affect our lives.

I mean one of the posts is basically suggesting that all by themselves Big Bad United are ruining the game for everyone by smoking 50's and throwing bundles of cash around them. I mean, really?

A couple of weeks ago it was all City's fault for ruining the game by daring to pay for enough players to win three (3) competitions in a single season. But that's been forgotten about now because apparently a young Welsh lad getting a pay day is where the line actually was.

And the real kicker, none of it is even based in fact. It's bull**** dressed up in an argument.

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    To use one of the misguided examples; where was the outrage over James Maddison's wages? or any footballer for that matter?

No. Let's call a spade a spade for once and say that this was brought up because it was United and that the usual crew are full of faux-outrage as they scramble for their arbitrary moral high ground once again. It's the same cycle over and over bizarrely thinking that some point or other is being proven. It's tedious to read.

If it was even actual "banter" it would (or should) be at least funny to read in an idle moment no matter at who's club's expense. But no, it's pretending that you're morally offended by something of which none of us have any concept of nor will ever affect our lives.

I mean one of the posts is basically suggesting that all by themselves Big Bad United are ruining the game for everyone by smoking 50's and throwing bundles of cash around them. I mean, really?

A couple of weeks ago it was all City's fault for ruining the game by daring to pay for enough players to win three (3) competitions in a single season. But that's been forgotten about now because apparently a young Welsh lad getting a pay day is where the line actually was.

And the real kicker, none of it is even based in fact. It's bull**** dressed up in an argument.

To be fair Maddison had signed for Norwich for around 3 million in January 2016 , by June 2017 he signed another contract and then became championship young player of the year and Norwich player of the year .

So he had pedigree and was no doubt on above 20k at Norwich with his new contract so his wage hike when he joined Leicester wasn't as big as James Daniel's who's is reportedly 15 times more ,

And of course a player going to United gains more coverage , even more so when the wages they have been paying Alexis is still a hot topic and supposedly caused issues in the changing room ,

Again James could very well be a bargain and personally i think you can't judge him till he plays but I understand the paper talk ,

Anyone see much of Bruno Fernandez ?
    He seems top have really only made his mark in this past season , 25 in September 11 internaitonl caps with 1 goal .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Don't be so sensible,

Tbf it seems the thread could be called "Summer transfer thread x Man Utd wage thread" as it appears that James is now getting the Sanchez treatment from last winters transfer thread and by the time he actually makes his PL debut the Sun will claim he earns 100k a week which will then be lapped up as fact.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Tbf it seems the thread could be called "Summer transfer thread x Man Utd wage thread" as it appears that James is now getting the Sanchez treatment from last winters transfer thread and by the time he actually makes his PL debut the Sun will claim he earns 100k a week which will then be lapped up as fact.

To be fair the Sanchez transfer is up there with the worst in Prem history ,

Because of where United currently are, how signing have panned out
    recently and that fact its Ole first summer all United signing's will under the microscope from everyone interested in football its the nature of the beast ,

No one has a clue about James impossible and unfair to judge the man before he has played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Adama Traore is a quicker version of James. He was superb in the Championship. Poor for Wolves last season.

Huge ask for James to make the step up next season. He will need patience & mins on the pitch. A similar signing to Zaha but he had Moyes as his manager & has proved to be an excellent player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

MD1990 wrote: »
    Adama Traore is a quicker version of James. He was superb in the Championship. Poor for Wolves last season.

Huge ask for James to make the step up next season. He will need patience & mins on the pitch. A similar signing to Zaha but he had Moyes as his manager & has proved to be an excellent player.

James is a much smarter footballer than traore. In fact most footballers are. If traore had a football brain he would be up there with the best of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Any transfer news lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Signing James signifies United are finished for the forseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Might as well close the club down so

• Advertisement

Signing James signifies United are finished for the forseeable future.

Go on....

Go on....

Some seem to think James was signed to be the new captain and guaranteed starter. Gas.

United fans have been brainwashed by the Glazers and their posse of ex-player pundits to think that signing big star names is a bad thing and that penny-pinching signings with 'potential' are the way forward. Meanwhile the parasite owners leech more money to pay off their bloated debt.

I have no issue with Nick Powell-esque signings when the club actually has a settled squad of top talent. No risk there. But when you have a squad that everyone can see needs a major overhaul but the club decides instead to give the rotting dross new contracts, and with owners that are allergic to spending money unlike comparable size clubs, and a fanbase deluded enough to think this is a good thing, it's a recipe for complete and utter disaster.

Speaking of which...

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1137040423673708544

Liverpool are being linked with Nicolas Pepe, 2nd best player in Ligue 1, with 22 goals last season. Madrid are signing arguably the best player in the Premier League and are being further linked with Christian Eriksen. United meanwhile are signing a young chap with 4 goals to his name in the Championship. Think about that. And remember it's United that need quality talent desperately.

Don't kid yourself that the lack of Champions League is the problem. Pogba came to United when they were outside it. Kante went to Chelsea when they were outside it. The problem is owners that don't want to spend and a lickspittle coach that is happy to go along with this policy because he knows it's his only chance to make it in management.

United are absolutely screwed for the next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

I'd agree with all of that if it was mid August. Obviously it's better to get the squad together early but United have plenty of time, one would assume that James is there to supplement the existing squad and whatever new signings are made. If it was the end of July or early August, then I'd be worried.

United fans have been brainwashed by the Glazers and their posse of ex-player pundits to think that signing big star names is a bad thing and that penny-pinching signings with 'potential' are the way forward. Meanwhile the parasite owners leech more money to pay off their bloated debt.

I have no issue with Nick Powell-esque signings when the club actually has a settled squad of top talent. No risk there. But when you have a squad that everyone can see needs a major overhaul but the club decides instead to give the rotting dross new contracts, and with owners that are allergic to spending money unlike comparable size clubs, and a fanbase deluded enough to think this is a good thing, it's a recipe for complete and utter disaster.

Speaking of which...

Liverpool are being linked with Nicolas Pepe, 2nd best player in Ligue 1, with 22 goals last season. Madrid are signing arguably the best player in the Premier League and are being further linked with Christian Eriksen. United meanwhile are signing a young chap with 4 goals to his name in the Championship. Think about that. And remember it's United that need quality talent desperately.

Don't kid yourself that the lack of Champions League is the problem. Pogba came to United when they were outside it. Kante went to Chelsea when they were outside it. The problem is owners that don't want to spend and a lickspittle coach that is happy to go along with this policy because he knows it's his only chance to make it in management.

Where did you here United are only signing one player the entire window?

Where did you here United are only signing one player the entire window?

The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour.

Last window there were no signings. Before that it was Fred, Dalot and Lee Grant. Before that it was a swap deal involving Sanchez. History tells us they don't like to spend money. Now they're signing up all of the dross from the previous seasons of disappointment to take up more squad spots.

If they were serious about addressing the problems in the squad do you think they would they be offering new deals to the likes of Young, Smalling, Jones and Mata? There needs to be a massive overhaul; there won't be.

• Advertisement

Some seem to think James was signed to be the new captain and guaranteed starter. Gas.

Probably be a better Capitan than Young all the same. At least James can beat the first man.

Speaking of which...

Pogba
    Lukaka
    DiMaria
    Schweinsteiger
    Falcao
    Depay (one of the hottest prospects when we signed him)

All big name players but none exactly pulled up trees for us. Pogba is distressingly hot and cold and Rom I fear is not the man to lead the line.

Players like James are grand to supplement the squad. Young, relatively cheap, homegrown and with potential. There of course needs to be established players bought too but this whole we're doomed schtick is as melodramatic as an episode of Sunset Beach.

If we reach the start of the season and James is the only signing then it would be time to panic but doing so now is frankly silly.

• The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour.

Last window there were no signings. Before that it was Fred, Dalot and Lee Grant. Before that it was a swap deal involving Sanchez. History tells us they don't like to spend money. Now they're signing up all of the dross from the previous seasons of disappointment to take up more squad spots.

If they were serious about addressing the problems in the squad do you think they would they be offering new deals to the likes of Young, Smalling, Jones and Mata? There needs to be a massive overhaul; there won't be.

Can't remember exactly but I suspect you were one of the same group of posters blaming Jose and stating he shouldn't be trusted to make the required signings last summer. The exact same positions that require reinforcing this summer.

Now you say Utd should have made signings last summer?

Sounds like a bad case of Flipady flipady flop

Pogba
    Lukaka
    DiMaria
    Schweinsteiger
    Falcao
    Depay (one of the hottest prospects when we signed him)

All big name players but none exactly pulled up trees for us. Pogba is distressingly hot and cold and Rom I fear is not the man to lead the line.

Players like James are grand to supplement the squad. Young, relatively cheap, homegrown and with potential. There of course needs to be established players bought too but this whole we're doomed schtick is as melodramatic as an episode of Sunset Beach.

If we reach the start of the season and James is the only signing then it would be time to panic but doing so now is frankly silly.

What outfield players performed better than Pogba and Lukaku the last few years? Lukaku has outscored Rashford. Di Maria was and is quality but off-field matters got in the way. Ibra isn't mentioned there and he did well. Schweinsteiger and Falcao had wear and tear issues. Depay shouldn't count as a big player when signed at the time, more in the Martial potential bracket.

As I said earlier, no problem with Nick Powell style supplement signings when the club already has a strong backbone. They're good signings for the likes of Liverpool and City that have that already and need a bit of hunger and youth to boost the squad. United in contrast are a shambles and need proven quality ASAP.
    Can't remember exactly but I suspect you were one of the same group of posters blaming Jose and stating he shouldn't be trusted to make the required signings last summer. The exact same positions that require reinforcing this summer.

Now you say Utd should have made signings last summer?

Sounds like a bad case of Flipady flipady flop

You can't remember if I fit the point you're trying to make but you're shoehorning me into it anyway?

Flipady flipady flop to me is whingeing about the Glazers and Woodward and then rushing to the defence of their pitiful transfer policy as soon as they make one modest at most signing. Most easily pleased fanbase going.

• What outfield players performed better than Pogba and Lukaku the last few years? Lukaku has outscored Rashford. Di Maria was and is quality but off-field matters got in the way. Ibra isn't mentioned there and he did well. Schweinsteiger and Falcao had wear and tear issues. Depay shouldn't count as a big player when signed at the time, more in the Martial potential bracket.

As I said earlier, no problem with Nick Powell style supplement signings when the club already has a strong backbone. They're good signings for the likes of Liverpool and City that have that already and need a bit of hunger and youth to boost the squad. United in contrast are a shambles and need proven quality ASAP.

You can't remember if I fit the point you're trying to make but you're shoehorning me into it anyway?

Flipady flipady flop to me is whingeing about the Glazers and Woodward and then rushing to the defence of their pitiful transfer policy as soon as they make one modest at most signing. Most easily pleased fanbase going.

Absolutely, but cba looking though your posts at this time

Game on anyway

I do remember your Jose moaning tho

• Advertisement

Absolutely, but cba looking though your posts at this time

Game on anyway

I do remember your Jose moaning tho

I did moan about Jose. I naively thought the club would go out and get a top coach of Poch, Conte standard to replace him. Had I known who would take over I would have wanted him to stay.

Why are you moaning about Woodward and at the same time defending his transfer policy?

• I did moan about Jose. I naively thought the club would go out and get a top coach of Poch, Conte standard to replace him. Had I known who would take over I would have wanted him to stay.

Why are you moaning about Woodward and at the same time defending his transfer policy?

Can you let me know where I defended Woodward

Thanks

I said the James signing was a decent one and seems like a footballing one and definitely not a selection based on Woodwards "footballing knowledge"

Just because you post a big mad rant post stating that everyone who doesn't agree with your point is delusional doesn't mean I agree with it

I will wait until the end of the window to either further criticize the board and Woodward if we do not have make at least another 4-5 signings. We need at least 3-4 top class players and a player perhaps.
    CB, full back, midfielder, another proper winger and striker primarily if lukaku goes.

Also more importantly we need to let players go.

Can you let me know where I defended Woodward

Thanks

I said the James signing was a decent one and seems like a footballing one and definitely not a selection based on Woodwards "footballing knowledge"

Just because you post a big mad rant post stating that everyone who doesn't agree with your point is delusional doesn't mean I agree with it

I will wait until the end of the window to either further criticize the board and Woodward if we do not have make at least another 4-5 signings. We need at least 3-4 top class players and a player perhaps.
    CB, full back, midfielder, another proper winger and striker primarily if lukaku goes.

Also more importantly we need to let players go.

This is exactly the kind of mentality that is at the heart of United's woes. Way too much benefit of the doubt given to a bunch of absolute chancers taking the club for a ride.

No point in saying Woodward out and then giving him and his strategy a pass, even if it is temporary. Why do you need to wait until the end of the window to criticize? The previous three windows don't count?

Ask yourself the following:

1) Are the Glazers a positive for United?
    2) Do they have the best interests of the club at heart?
    3) Are you happy with the transfer policy of the club in recent times?

If the answer to the above is no, why on earth are United fans putting a positive spin on this absolute sh*t show?

• This is exactly the kind of mentality that is at the heart of United's woes. Way too much benefit of the doubt given to a bunch of absolute chancers taking the club for a ride.

No point in saying Woodward out and then giving him and his strategy a pass, even if it is temporary. Why do you need to wait until the end of the window to criticize? The previous three windows don't count?

Ask yourself the following:

1) Are the Glazers a positive for United?
    2) Do they have the best interests of the club at heart?
    3) Are you happy with the transfer policy of the club in recent times?

If the answer to the above is no, why on earth are United fans putting a positive spin on this absolute sh*t show?

I think you might need to reevaluate what you think is a positive spin on things.

Because I've little to no faith we will make those signings nor will be get rid of half is what's required. But I'm not going to judge yet. I'm allowed to have a tiny bit of hope. I'd rather not be a string of misery about it especially when it's not in my control.

However all I said was that James is a decent singing and a promising looking player. And you have turned that into ' All is ok, I forgive you Woodward"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Would ye feck off to PMs and let the grown-ups talk about the actual transfer market for a while? :rolleyes:

• Would ye feck off to PMs and let the grown-ups talk about the actual transfer market for a while? :rolleyes:

Sound

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

£90 odd million for a player with one year on his contract is up there with the David Luiz transfer as being dodgy as fook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A transfer! (does a little transfer dance).

Chelsea are fooked, if their transfer ban is upheld by CAS

• Advertisement
Advertisement