Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

This is it wrote: »
    That pair have really messed up. He's a top striker that has managed to brand himself, with the help of his wife/agent, as toxic. I genuinely believe he's good enough for a spot at Real, Barca, etc. but if I was at any of those teams I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Belongs on the Kardashians with all the drama he brings, which is a pity.

He is top class but mad in the head. Who the **** let's his wife be his agent btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Icardi is suited to Chelsea so much, both on and off the field.

So De Ligt looks to be going to PSG with a wage offer of 350k. Insane wages for a 19 year old.

FFP going great in Paris, they have the 2 most expensive transfers ever plus now the most expensive centre back in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

rob316 wrote: »
    So De Ligt looks to be going to PSG with a wage offer of 350k. Insane wages for a 19 year old.

Wouldn't have been my choice but he's still so young that he can do 3 or 4 years in Paris, make a fortune and still not even be in his prime yet when he moves on to his next club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Stones only started 20 games in the league last year. Seemed he played very little in the last few weeks at all. Was he injured?

I'm going off what I read on reddit, but it appears he cheated on his wife and was kicked out, ended up living in the same complex as Pep, and the timing of him being kicked out coincided with him being dropped from the team around February or so

Whether it's a rag story where 2+2 is put together to make 5 I don't know, but it's some sort of explanation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mino Raiola's 3 month worldwide ban has been suspended by CAS while his appeal is heard.

So I guess we should expect a load of his players to move before the ban is upheld by CAS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

rob316 wrote: »

FFP going great in Paris, they have the 2 most expensive transfers ever plus now the most expensive centre back in the world.
    Wouldn't have been my choice but he's still so young that he can do 3 or 4 years in Paris, make a fortune and still not even be in his prime yet when he moves on to his next club.

Crazy wages in fairness, if he does leave in 3/4 years there won't be many that will be able to afford his transfer value and then those wages.

Crazy wages in fairness, if he does leave in 3/4 years there won't be many that will be able to afford his transfer value and then those wages.

Or leave on a free and basically have his transfer fee part built into his wages ala Emre Can and Ramsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Real Madrid sign Ferland Mendy from Lyon for 50 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Real Madrid sign Ferland Mendy from Lyon for 50 million

Is that a good buy for them?
    Is he a replacement for Marcelo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is that a good buy for them?
    Is he a replacement for Marcelo?

Competition with a view to replacement in future I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Was Reguillon not thought to be the long term replacement there? Will he move on or is he competition too?

There were rumours of Marcelo to Juve last year I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Was Reguillon not thought to be the long term replacement there? Will he move on or is he competition too?

There were rumours of Marcelo to Juve last year I think.

Sent out on loan according to reports. Talk of Marcelo moving to Juve this year too but I don't think he's going anywhere. Mendy is good but with Madrid spending serious money with a view to challenging again in LaLiga and CL, they won't want Marcelo moving. My thoughts on it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Big fan of Ferland Mendy and like that move a lot. You have to hand it to Madrid who are showing how it's done. In a couple of months they've sacked their inexperienced, incompetent coach Solari, brought in a top coach by giving Zidane the reigns once more, and are now aggressively targeting established talents in top leagues. No faffing about with second tier possibilities. Proper big club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Madrid have to sell 200m worth of players now.

Hard to find buyers for Bale & Rodriguez among others

https://twitter.com/MARCAinENGLISH/status/1139161000530325505

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Big fan of Ferland Mendy and like that move a lot. You have to hand it to Madrid who are showing how it's done. In a couple of months they've sacked their inexperienced, incompetent coach Solari, brought in a top coach by giving Zidane the reigns once more, and are now aggressively targeting established talents in top leagues. No faffing about with second tier possibilities. Proper big club.

Huge season for Zidane, Many people questions him as a manger and put there champions league succes down to prime Ronaldo and co ,

I can't any player bought during Zidanes time in that starting 11 ? all where there pre Zidane ,

They brought in 18 players in his time a few of team came up from the b side and only really Asensio made an impact , Am I forgetting anyone ?

I suppose he probably doesn't have much say in transfer's

The wonderkid Odegaard had a good season at Vitesse, wonder will he get a bump up to the first team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The maximum senior player squad size is 25 are they all over 21 in RM? If so that's 12 players to shift and the most valuable ones in the next two week to avoid FFP implications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

When zz started at Real Madrid he was fairly inexperienced wouldn’t you say? Only manager f the b team before that, everyone has to start somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Aston Villa have broken their transfer record and signed Brazilian striker Wesley Moraes from Club Brugge for a fee of £22m.

He’s very much in the mould of Benteke and is built like an absolute tank, not your average Brazilian forward but definitely effective and looks well suited to the PL. Seen him play a couple of times (once from the stands oddly enough) and I think he’ll be a great signing for a club like Villa. A decent upgrade on Tammy Abraham who’s probably going back to Chelsea.

When zz started at Real Madrid he was fairly inexperienced wouldn’t you say? Only manager f the b team before that, everyone has to start somewhere

Everyone starts somewhere but the difference with a proper big club like Madrid is that when the internal appointment doesn't work out, as happened with Solari, they sack the person quickly and then hire a top coach to turn it around. Sentiment doesn't come into it; they let their heads rule their heart. The mentality of champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Everyone starts somewhere but the difference with a proper big club like Madrid is that when the internal appointment doesn't work out, as happened with Solari, they sack the person quickly and then hire a top coach to turn it around. Sentiment doesn't come into it; they let their heads rule their heart. The mentality of champions.

I was in Madrid for the champions league final and decided to do the tour of the Bernabéu, trophy’s from start to finish. Over 60k at Hazards unveiling and when I checked 150k watching the live stream on fb. The biggest club in the world by a mile and the huge spending so early can’t really come as a surprise considering such a bad season last year.

Its like 10 years ago when they spent mad money for the time on Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Xabi Alonso and Raul Albiol

Setting themselves up for a while with most of those signings anyway

Madrid's next signing is 18 year old Japanese teenager Takefusa Kubo from FC Tokyo for €2m who is in the Japanese team at the Copa America.

He had previously been on the books of Barca till he was 13.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48637239

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Madrid's next signing is 18 year old Japanese teenager Takefusa Kubo from FC Tokyo for €2m who is in the Japanese team at the Copa America.

He had previously been on the books of Barca till he was 13.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48637239

He'll not see the 1st team for a few years though.......if ever!

Madrid's Kubo signing looks another inspired one. Apparently Barca and PSG didn't move for him because they assumed his contract ended January of next year because that's what Transfermarkt had stated. Madrid actually followed it up and discovered he was a free agent from the start of June. He's meant to be one of Asia's hottest prospects. Madrid are killing it in this window.

I like Leverkusen's signing of Moussa Diaby from PSG. He showed flashes of quality but struggled to get game time. Leverkusen could be one of the standout teams next season as they finished the recent campaign very well.

Eintracht Frankfurt have replaced Luka Jovic with the similarly named Dejan Joveljic, a €4m signing from Red Star Belgrade. They've a good track record with scouting forwards so he'll be worth keeping an eye on. Seems to be a smart fellow based on his Wiki entry:
    Besides football, Joveljić likes to play billiard and chess, and he is also the Rubik's Cube enthusiast. He made 39 seconds to set up for his personal record.

Sky Sports reporting that West Ham have had a £29m bid for Maxi Gomez by Celta Vigo.

Good signing that by West Ham if they do get it done.

That's two players isn't it?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Man utd looking issa diop off west ham for 45m

• Advertisement

I know July is when hammer finally hits the anvil but even so it feels very quiet - Man Utd are being linked with any number of players but beyond that - Liverpool nothing really, City one or two at most, Spurs almost nothing of substance, Chelsea ban, Arsenal again little chitchat.

I'm surprised Wolves haven't started to make an impact in the transfer market yet.

They were the one team I was expecting to make a big effort to break into the top 6 this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I know July is when hammer finally hits the anvil but even so it feels very quiet - Man Utd are being linked with any number of players but beyond that - Liverpool nothing really, City one or two at most, Spurs almost nothing of substance, Chelsea ban, Arsenal again little chitchat.

A summer with the African Cup of Nations, Copa America & Gold Cup is going to lead to a few deals dragging a bit. Plus there was qualifiers on for the next Euro's.
    I'm sure a few clubs are waiting for prices to lower on players too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I know July is when hammer finally hits the anvil but even so it feels very quiet - Man Utd are being linked with any number of players but beyond that- Liverpool nothing really, City one or two at most, Spurs almost nothing of substance, Chelsea ban, Arsenal again little chitchat.

There was a list going around 2 weeks ago with 65 names that United have been linked to.. that has gone to over 100 now, I can't remember who it was that posted it and have tried to find it but can't now. Its ridiculous though but it seems that it's mainly foreign media using Uniteds names in links to players in their country, which has been happening for as long as I can remember anyways. I think we have been linked to 5 different benfica players and 3 or more from Sporting, and nearly the whole Ajax team has been linked :pac:

Seeing Venezuela playing now reminded me have Newcastle just not tried to sign Rondon or are they still playing chicken with Rafa who could sign somewhere else.
    See Roma being linked to him, maybe Newcastle are waiting on that takeover.....or is that dead too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

To be fair, Spurs have had a bid for Lo Celso turned down, and are heavily linked with N'Dombele. 2 players? That's absolutely mental for us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Mats Hummels back to Dortmund form Bayern for €30m according to reports in Germany.

Mats Hummels back to Dortmund form Bayern for €30m according to reports in Germany.

Thought the reports in Germany were saying €15-20m but sky added on 10-15m.. wouldnt be too bad at the cheaper price but 30m is mad considering he went to Bayern for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

astradave wrote: »
    Thought the reports in Germany were saying €15-20m but sky added on 10-15m.. wouldnt be too bad at the cheaper price but 30m is mad considering he went to Bayern for free

Bayern bought him for about 30m.

You're probably thinking of Lewandowski.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Bayern bought him for about 30m.

You're probably thinking of Lewandowski.

I was sure he wound down his contract, you are right though, 35m euro. I'm so used to German players going to Bayern for free :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

501 days since Spurs last signed a player (31st Jan 2017, Lucas Moura).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I really hope that United don't sell Pogba and that they continue to build around him. Says a lot!

The manager merry go round starts..

Sarri confirmed Juve manager.

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2019/maurizio-sarri-is-the-new-juventus-coach.php

The manager merry go round starts..

Sarri confirmed to Juventus

Don't know why they got rid of Allegri for him. A real cart before the horse move.

Sarri's last visit to Juve saw him salute the Juve fans upon arrival.

https://twitter.com/zulfikar11_/status/1140250836838146048?s=19

Probably showing the middle finger to the Chelsea fans as he leaves.

Lucas Hood wrote: »

He can't say he has been misquoted as there is a video out there of him saying he wants out.

You can just see Ed agreeing to swap him for Bale.

United selling Pogba and buying some donkey like Longstaff as a replacement would cement the club's status as a total banter outfit. Would not surprise me at this point given the track record of decisions made so far and I could see it leading to the club struggling to make the top ten, nevermind top six.

The fanbase has lost its mind as well, wanting flat track bullies like Tielemans and overrated brats like Rabiot. No serious top club would touch these guys with a fifty foot barge pole. The club is finished for the forseeable future.

United selling Pogba and buying some donkey like Longstaff as a replacement would cement the club's status as a total banter outfit. Would not surprise me at this point given the track record of decisions made so far and I could see it leading to the club struggling to make the top ten, nevermind top six.

The fanbase has lost its mind as well, wanting flat track bullies like Tielemans and overrated brats like Rabiot. No serious top club would touch these guys with a fifty foot barge pole. The club is finished for the forseeable future.

And you think keeping Pogba is a good idea. Anyone is better than Pogba let's be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Advertisement