Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Neymar and Pogba both to Madrid?

They would want to start to sell some players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I don't even think Madrid would want Neymar.
    Do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

rob316 wrote: »
    And you think keeping Pogba is a good idea. Anyone is better than Pogba let's be honest.

😂

Yes I'm in favour of keeping World Cup winner Pogba who managed 13 goals and 9 assists in a terrible United side and made the PFA Team of the Season. There's a reason Madrid and Juve are interested. I've no doubt if he moves on he will enjoy a much better season than the club he'd be leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Neymar to Barca, Coutinho + AN Other/cash to PSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Neymar and Pogba both to Madrid?

They would want to start to sell some players.

They have 37 senior players on their books at the mo, i read that they need to generate 200m in sales to fall in line with FFP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

😂

Yes I'm in favour of keeping World Cup winner Pogba who managed 13 goals and 9 assists in a terrible United side and made the PFA Team of the Season. There's a reason Madrid and Juve are interested. I've no doubt if he moves on he will enjoy a much better season than the club he'd be leaving.

If you want a midfielder who goes missing for months but then scores penalties, get loads of fantasy football points and gets talked about again, sign Milivojevic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

😂

Absolutely deluded. If he was good enough he'd actually try for ye, he's a disgrace though.
    PFA team he had no right to be in and a goal record padded by penalties and against dross.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Neymar to Barca, Coutinho + AN Other/cash to PSG

Every club in the world would. Sensational Footballer (an arsehole but top quality)

FitzShane wrote: »
    If you want a midfielder who goes missing for months but then scores penalties, get loads of fantasy football points and gets talked about again, sign Milivojevic.

While I'm sure the Glazers would love United to replace Pogba with Milivojevic, I'd rather have the bloke that was instrumental in winning a World Cup, beating City at the Etihad, is sought after by the best clubs in the world etc.
    rob316 wrote:
    Absolutely deluded. If he was good enough he'd actually try for ye, he's a disgrace though.
    PFA team he had no right to be in and a goal record padded by penalties and against dross.

Funny he seems to do quite well when he is given quality players to support him. I'm sure you know better though than the multiple Champions League winning-manager, multiple title-winning coaches, his professional colleagues, and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

While I'm sure the Glazers would love United to replace Pogba with Milivojevic, I'd rather have the bloke that was instrumental in winning a World Cup, beating City at the Etihad, is sought after by the best clubs in the world etc.

Funny he seems to do quite well when he is given quality players to support him. I'm sure you know better though than the multiple Champions League winning-manager, multiple title-winning coaches, his professional colleagues, and so on.

Instrumental in winning the world cup? What ****e, they'd have won it comfortably without him anyway, the squad depth is ridiculous.

I'll give him some credit he does an amazing job at marketing himself as a world class footballer considering he isn't one.

Wrong player at the wrong time for United, might do well elsewhere but United are far better off getting shot. Disruptive and doesn't pull his weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

😂

Interesting take on it, most united fans I'm friends with can't stand the sight of him these days.

I think he's a good player when things are going good but when the chips are down and things aren't going well he's been disappointing.

rob316 wrote: »
    Instrumental in winning the world cup? What ****e, they'd have won it comfortably without him anyway, the squad depth is ridiculous.

I'll give him some credit he does an amazing job at marketing himself as a world class footballer considering he isn't one.

Wrong player at the wrong time for United, might do well elsewhere but United are far better off getting shot. Disruptive and doesn't pull his weight.

We're rewriting history now are we? Pogba was one of the best players in the tournament and scored in the final.

Here's what Roy Keane said about him ahead of the World Cup final:
    "I am not writing off Croatia, but I fancy France in this final," Keane told ITV Sport. "The shape they have, the attacking players they have, they are pretty decent at the back and I think Pogba has been excellent for the last few games, so I fancy them. they are big favourites to win it."

Hardly a Pogba fanboy is Roy.

If the best thing than Pogba has done in his 3 season Man United career is beat Man City at the ethiad, delaying their title win by one week (over a year ago), well then.....even the one highlight from United this season, the win at PSG was in spite of Pogba, not because of him.

Save for a couple of weeks after Jose got sacked last season, Pogba was dire and anonymous. Remember around April when their was talk of Pogba wanting a new contract to get a payrise to supervene the 25% pay cut in his contract that would kick in if United did not get top 4? He was terrible for the last 2 months and didn't try a leg in those games and try get top 4 for United.

That Cardiff goal at OT summed him up. Let the opposition run off him and didn't bother even jogging back to try defend. Lazy, arrogant, no work ethic and passed the blame to others.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

We're rewriting history now are we? Pogba was one of the best players in the tournament and scored in the final.

Here's what Roy Keane said about him ahead of the World Cup final:

Hardly a Pogba fanboy is Roy.

Pogba was vastly overrated in the world cup. He was a passenger in a few of those France games and better players around him made him look half decent.

Sooner he's sold the better.

If the best thing than Pogba has done in his 3 season Man United career is beat Man City at the ethiad, delaying their title win by one week, well then.....

Save for a couple of weeks after Jose got sacked last season, Pogba was dire and anonymous. Remember around April when their was talk of Pogba wanting a new contract to get a payrise to supervene the 25% pay cut in his contract that would kick in if United did not get top 4? He was terrible for the last 2 months and didn't try a leg in those games and try get top 4 for United.

That Cardiff goal at OT summed him up. Let the opposition run off him and didn't bother even jogging back to try defend. Lazy, arrogant, no work ethic and passed the blame to others.

2-0 down to one of the most dominant Premier League sides ever on their ground where they were untouchable, and Pogba scores two goals to spearhead a turnaround no one saw coming and you want to just dismiss that as a non-event? If we're appraising him honestly then you take the good with the bad.

I would not be adamant about keeping him if United had a great squad and the kind of owners who would be willing to go out and get a proper replacement. Here's the thing: the squad is f*cking sh*te and the owners are worse. Whoever would come in would be a downgrade. United need him and his goals to try and get a top six finish next season. That's how desperate things are.
    Weepsie wrote:
    Pogba was vastly overrated in the world cup. He was a passenger in a few of those France games and better players around him made him look half decent.

Sooner he's sold the better.

😂

The mind boggles.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1140378082345398278

Just saw this. Saliba would be a very good signing for Arsenal. Would love to see him at United. He's likely too young to be a starter in the Premier League but has great potential. Think him and Lille's Gabriel are the two most exciting young CBs in Ligue 1.

The pogba apologists are a strange bunch for me, he really didn't play many good games last year and now he wants out even if we keep him he most likely will be worse.

Same with Degea we keep him and he will spend the season doing his utmost not to get injured and ensure his golden singing on bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Lithium93_ wrote: »

That's a bit "we have nothing so throw something out there " of a story.

PSG will sell if they get a considerable offer is saying nothing really. Everyone is for sale at the right price.

The pogba apologists are a strange bunch for me, he really didn't play many good games last year and now he wants out even if we keep him he most likely will be worse.

Same with Degea we keep him and he will spend the season doing his utmost not to get injured and ensure his golden singing on bonus

Strange to me would be looking at a failing squad with many problem areas and deciding the best course of action would be selling the one guy that is coveted by Europe's big clubs, who provided 13 league goals and 9 assists, as well as most shots on target, most take-ons, most fouls won, most chances created and most duels won of any player at the club. Stranger still with the Glazers' horrendous record in the transfer market in recent times to trust in them to find a suitable replacement. Much more likely they would pocket the bulk of the fee to pay off their bloated debt and give a fraction to pay on some unproven prospect.

Also worth remembering De Gea would have already left had it not been for a fax machine. Rooney wanted out at one stage citing lack of ambition - he didn't get his way. Ronaldo wanted out a year before he left before being coaxed into staying an extra season by Fergie.

Strange to me would be looking at a failing squad with many problem areas and deciding the best course of action would be selling the one guy that is coveted by Europe's big clubs, who provided 13 league goals and 9 assists, as well as most shots on target, most take-ons, most fouls won, most chances created and most duels won of any player at the club. Stranger still with the Glazers' horrendous record in the transfer market in recent times to trust in them to find a suitable replacement. Much more likely they would pocket the bulk of the fee to pay off their bloated debt and give a fraction to pay on some unproven prospect.

Also worth remembering De Gea would have already left had it not been for a fax machine. Rooney wanted out at one stage citing lack of ambition - he didn't get his way. Ronaldo wanted out a year before he left before being coaxed into staying an extra season by Fergie.

I will deal with this tomorow. although if you actually think pogba has played well this year then there probably is not much debate to be had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I hope pogba stays at utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Utd and Liverpool threads are that way lads. >>

In actual transfer news, Dabbur to Sevilla, Sergi Leon Betis to Levante, Vietto to Sporting Lisbon and Felipe Porto to Atleti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Just saw this. Saliba would be a very good signing for Arsenal. Would love to see him at United. He's likely too young to be a starter in the Premier League but has great potential. Think him and Lille's Gabriel are the two most exciting young CBs in Ligue 1.

Agreeing a deal with a player (i.e. their agent) means nothing if you haven't agreed a deal with their club. So now the agent knows what the going rate is, he will shop around a few more clubs and see who can agree a fee...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Utd and Liverpool threads are that way lads. >>

In actual transfer news, Dabbur to Sevilla, Sergi Leon Betis to Levante, Vietto to Sporting Lisbon and Felipe Porto to Atleti.

Sergio León might do well at Levante, fairly mistreated by Setién, helped us get into the Europa League and then was benched. I can see Betis on a downward curve if lo Celso goes to Tottenham and Canales to Atleti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Just me or does anyone else think Bruno Fernandez will flop if he goes to a big club ?
    I reckon Everton/ Leicester is his level in the Prem .,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Just me or does anyone else think Bruno Fernandez will flop if he goes to a big club ?

What skills does he lack for the top level?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Looking at the way Premier League clubs price their players to the big clubs I think it's a very bad idea to go there in the hope of getting a move up the table. The likes of Zaha, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Chilwell & Diop are all minimum 60-80 million players with not a lot of Champions League experience between them so it's not a good move.
    Doucoure & Ndidi were priced out of moves they wanted too.

Liam O wrote: »
    What skills does he lack for the top level?

I don't think he controls a game enough , he goes missing for larges parts in any games I have seen him,

He has a great shot on him but beyond that I don't find him impressive, He also looks to shot far to often ,

ERG89 wrote: »
    Looking at the way Premier League clubs price their players to the big clubs I think it's a very bad idea to go there in the hope of getting a move up the table. The likes of Zaha, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Chilwell & Diop are all minimum 60-80 million players with not a lot of Champions League experience between them so it's not a good move.
    Doucoure & Ndidi were priced out of moves they wanted too.

Its crazy now, the players you mentioned can almost only move if they run down contracts ,

I wonder will it get to a stage where players only sign 2 years deals because of this ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The prices being sought are crazy but affordable and that's why they are being asked for and in some cases achieved. It is a good point though on players being priced out of a move, reasonably good players too.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The prices being sought are crazy but affordable and that's why they are being asked for and in some cases achieved. It is a good point though on players being priced out of a move, reasonably good players too.

Its affordable but only for 1 player but it's almost impossible for teams to do a rebuild in the summer ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Its crazy now, the players you mentioned can almost only move if they run down contracts ,

I wonder will it get to a stage where players only sign 2 years deals because of this ,

Its a risk for the players to sign a short deal,loss of form,injury and they could have very short careers,most players who are determined to get a move,do get a move even if it is the next transfer window

Its a risk for the players to sign a short deal,loss of form,injury and they could have very short careers,most players who are determined to get a move,do get a move even if it is the next transfer window

There seems to be no sane solution at the moment, something has to give,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If Chiesa keeps up his form at the u21 Euro's Real might make a huge bid for him.

They love signing players who perform at an International tournament. Even Drenthe got a move off the back of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Chiesa to Juventus has been floating around for the last 12-18 months. I wouldn't be surprised to see them move after this tournament too, especially if there is other clubs interested.

The Italian side has some seriously good players in it - the front three of Chiesa, Zaniolo and Kean is brilliant.

• Advertisement

I don't think he controls a game enough , he goes missing for larges parts in any games I have seen him,

He has a great shot on him but beyond that I don't find him impressive, He also looks to shot far to often ,

Quoting these seeing as he has been linked and there is a reported bid from Liverpool tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

astradave wrote: »
    Quoting these seeing as he has been linked and there is a reported bid from Liverpool tonight :D

yK6mG8Vu93IZ.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Yesterdays news,with substance in the last dozen hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

astradave wrote: »

Ah his extensive scouting report is infallible.

Wouldn't that sort of thing be better in the humour thread? It's the opinion of one person who doesn't coach or have a CERN level analytic insight into and based on a report that no one would bet on.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't that sort of thing be better in the humour thread? It's the opinion of one person who doesn't coach or have a CERN level analytic insight into and based on a report that no one would bet on.

Nope

James Rodriguez looks to be headed to Napoli, according to reports in Italy and Spain (and repeated by blogs everywhere...)

The Ancelotti factor by the looks of it. They worked together previously and James needs to do well at his next club really. Loan with an obligation to buy, apparently.

Interesting, though - Napoli and Inter must both be hoping for some instability at Juve due to the managerial change. I'd love to see someone else win the title there (and Germany, France...) next season or, at the very least, push them close.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

James Rodriguez looks to be headed to Napoli, according to reports in Italy and Spain (and repeated by blogs everywhere...)

The Ancelotti factor by the looks of it. They worked together previously and James needs to do well at his next club really. Loan with an obligation to buy, apparently.

Interesting, though - Napoli and Inter must both be hoping for some instability at Juve due to the managerial change. I'd love to see someone else win the title there (and Germany, France...) next season or, at the very least, push them close.

Basically every player at Napoli went backwards in form last season, especially after Christmas & half the team from 17/18 left or wanted to leave. Other than Fabian Ruiz every other one of their signings last season did poor too.
    Don't bother hoping they do anything.

Man City are going to pay the release clause of €70m for Rodri.

Probable eventual Fernandinho replacement.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1140924539372810240

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Man City are going to pay the release clause of €70m for Rodri.

Probable eventual Fernandinho replacement.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1140924539372810240

Is he a like for like replacement for Fernindinho? I dont know much about him.

the effective replacement for Fernandinho in a year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rodri is a bit similar to Busquets in ways.

Im hoping his lack of pace may be exposed in the PL but I doubt it. He is a very good player. Superb on the ball & very good at winning it back in duels.

Atletico could be in some trouble I'd say. Griezmann, Godin, Rodri, Lucas Hernandez and Juanfran all gone. That's a big rebuilding job even if some of those guys were at the end of their time at the top level.

Rumours of interest in Oblak and Saul too that they'll have to fend off. Have they made any signings yet?

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rodri is a bit similar to Busquets in ways.

Im hoping his lack of pace may be exposed in the PL but I doubt it. He is a very good player. Superb on the ball & very good at winning it back in duels.

His awareness is unbelievable, might take him a bit of time to adjust to the speed of the league but he will be an excellent addition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Atletico could be in some trouble I'd say. Griezmann, Godin, Rodri, Lucas Hernandez and Juanfran all gone. That's a big rebuilding job even if some of those guys were at the end of their time at the top level.

Rumours of interest in Oblak and Saul too that they'll have to fend off. Have they made any signings yet?

Seen Marca saying they were willing to match Joao Felix's 120m release clause. They have the money and he is a generational talent. Certainly one to keep an eye on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement