Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

This is it wrote: »
    Nah, he cost about €35m according to a few sources so Bayern got the best of him and then their money back when he declined. Not sure how he'll do at BVB, maybe his experience will stand to them next season but Bayern look to be bringing in some talent at the back and will sign replacements for one or both of Robben and Robert, hard to see them finish anywhere but top.

I don't think the dismantling of Bayern that Liverpool performed helped him, both Virgil and Mane scoring headers with him gone missing. Gone back to Dortmund pretty chastened...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

ERG89 wrote: »

Serious signing, was great anytime he played for Real this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just spotted Gladbach picked up Salzburg RB Stefan Lainer for just €12m, following his manager Marco Rose to the club. He caught my eye in the Europa League the last two seasons, and he's a full international with Austria as well. Considering the money spent on FBs these days that looks to me one of the bargains of the summer. Can see him doing very well in the Bundesliga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just spotted Gladbach picked up Salzburg RB Stefan Lainer for just €12m, following his manager Marco Rose to the club. He caught my eye in the Europa League the last two seasons, and he's a full international with Austria as well. Considering the money spent on FBs these days that looks to me one of the bargains of the summer. Can see him doing very well in the Bundesliga.

Do you think it's odd that RB Leipzig didn't take him on? Considering that is the usual port of call after RB Salzburg.

Perhaps, as you said, the manager played a big hand in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Any more legs to the rumors of swap deal, Icardi to Juventus for Dybala? Two hugely talented players but imagine a dressing room with icardi and Ronaldo.. That being said, Sarri plays 433 religiously and Dybala is well known to be wilting in this system, a top player who id love to see in the PL.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Do you think it's odd that RB Leipzig didn't take him on? Considering that is the usual port of call after RB Salzburg.

Perhaps, as you said, the manager played a big hand in it though.

I like Leipzig's RB Lukas Klostermann so I don't think they need a RB at this time. Gladbach don't have great options there so I can see why the new manager would turn to his old player and persuade him to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1142334958398316544?s=19

Not sure if Juve fans are being Guardiola'd again but this was up on Twitter last night & nobody has squashed it yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1142334958398316544?s=19

Not sure if Juve fans are being Guardiola'd again but this was up on Twitter last night & nobody has squashed it yet anyway.

DiMarzio is reporting it, he gets alot of info from Raiola. So I'd expect there to be a grain of truth to it

Also this.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/1142380842515410946?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

astradave wrote: »
    DiMarzio is reporting it, he gets alot of info from Raiola. So I'd expect there to be a grain of truth to it

Also this.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/1142380842515410946?s=19

Would love to see this lad playing every weekend in the PL. Even in a rival team, wasted out in the french/italian league. He must be offered mega money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Would love to see this lad playing every weekend in the PL. Even in a rival team, wasted out in the french/italian league. He must be offered mega money

Why is he wasted in the Italian league? It's Juventus, not some backwater club.

• Advertisement

• I expect Juve to have an incredible strong team the season coming. Lukaku and Pogba leaving Utd for them I suspect also.
    Now De Ligt. Sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

They’re one of the finest teams in Europe currently containing arguably the greatest footballer to walk the earth; and a couple of good additions away from winning the European Cup. Mad to suggest anyone would be wasted there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I expect Juve to have an incredible strong team the season coming. Lukaku and Pogba leaving Utd for them I suspect also.
    Now De Ligt. Sigh

Was Lukaka not meant to be going to inter?

• TitianGerm wrote: »
    Was Lukaka not meant to be going to inter?

Sorry you could be correct. But think Pogba is on his way.
    Juve midfield already strong so will suit Pogbas more lazy attributes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's a poor league, foregone conclusion Juventus walk it every season.

• rob316 wrote: »
    It's a poor league, foregone conclusion Juventus walk it every season.

I'd suspect it's to beef up their CL challenge more so than the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    They’re one of the finest teams in Europe currently containing arguably the greatest footballer to walk the earth; and a couple of good additions away from winning the European Cup. Mad to suggest anyone would be wasted there.
    When did Messi join them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Juve must be up there with the biggest wage bill in world football these days.

Lets be honest, the italian league is ****e, milan clubs are in the pits, napoli on the decline, juve run riot with it.

Not saying the club is backward, more the league which i thought was pretty obvious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

eagle eye wrote: »
    When did Messi join them?

Cringing here.

rob316 wrote:
    It's a poor league, foregone conclusion Juventus walk it every season
    AidoEirE wrote:
    Lets be honest, the italian league is ****e, milan clubs are in the pits, napoli on the decline, juve run riot with it.

Not saying the club is backward, more the league which i thought was pretty obvious

Ignorant nonsense. The recent Serie A season was very enjoyable. What about City running away with the title two seasons back, winning by 19 pts? Did that make the Premier League ****e? This is the way most of the leagues will go in future, with hopefully one or two exceptions.

Always amusing when people who can't be arsed watching a league will dismiss its quality. Hundreds of leagues in the world but apparently there are only two of any use - conveniently the only ones they can be bothered to view.

Ignorant nonsense. The recent Serie A season was very enjoyable. What about City running away with the title two seasons back, winning by 19 pts? Did that make the Premier League ****e? This is the way most of the leagues will go in future, with hopefully one or two exceptions.

Always amusing when people who can't be arsed watching a league will dismiss its quality. Hundreds of leagues in the world but apparently there are only two of any use - conveniently the only ones they can be bothered to view.

Ah here Juve have won the serie a the last 8 years running. In the same time City have won it 4 times, Chelsea 2 times with United and Leicster 1 a piece. Thats a competitive league and your amused on the assumption that people dont watch the serie a or any other league. Get off the high horse there fella.

Ah here Juve have won the serie a the last 8 years running. In the same time City have won it 4 times, Chelsea 2 times with United and Leicster 1 a piece. Thats a competitive league and your amused on the assumption that people dont watch the serie a or any other league. Get off the high horse there fella.

I'm amused that you can confidently dismiss one of the top leagues in the world when you don't watch it. Do you dismiss films you haven't seen, music you haven't heard, or foods you've never tasted? Which one of us is on the high horse?

If you want to talk about competitiveness, in the 17-18 season Man City won the league by 19 points. Juve that season won the title by 4 points. The Premier League didn't have a title race; Serie A did. I followed both leagues and I can tell you the Italian league was much more interesting. Besides, there's more to excitement than a title race. How exciting was it really watching a Premier League where City and Liverpool slapped around every team they faced week after week in a war of attrition? It's as good as one can expect I suppose these days.

I wonder out of the hundreds of leagues in the world, how many of them exactly do you think aren't ****e? Would I be right in thinking that it's conveniently all of the ones you don't bother to watch?

I'm amused that you can confidently dismiss one of the top leagues in the world when you don't watch it. Do you dismiss films you haven't seen, music you haven't heard, or foods you've never tasted? Which one of us is on the high horse?

If you want to talk about competitiveness, in the 17-18 season Man City won the league by 19 points. Juve that season won the title by 4 points. The Premier League didn't have a title race; Serie A did. I followed both leagues and I can tell you the Italian league was much more interesting. Besides, there's more to excitement than a title race. How exciting was it really watching a Premier League where City and Liverpool slapped around every team they faced week after week in a war of attrition? It's as good as one can expect I suppose these days.

I wonder out of the hundreds of leagues in the world, how many of them exactly do you think aren't ****e? Would I be right in thinking that it's conveniently all of the ones you don't bother to watch?

Whoa who said i dont watch it, i didnt and id be suprised as **** if you knew i didnt watch it or not.

You keep banging on about the 17/18 season as if its some miracle juve won, this year city won the league by 1 point, were you not watching? Or are you going to keep regurgitate the same 17/18 and not acknowledge in the last years sonce the 11/12 seasons where juve ran away with it.

The city and liverpool race this year was brilliant and i dont even follow either of them.
    They for sure didnt have that in the serie a bar the 17/18 season as you say.
    Leicster came out and won the league, chelsea did it.
    Im talking about a time frame where juve went on their run in the 11/12 to the present compared to the pl.

Mate your up your own hole making assumptions of people saying they havent watched this league or that, when you have no idea.
    Yeah id say thats some high horse shoite right there

We'll agree to disagree pal, opinions and all, enjoy the saturday night.
    Hopefully a few more big signings will be made in the weeks to come.

Whoa who said i dont watch it, i didnt and id be suprised as **** if you knew i didnt watch it or not.

You keep banging on about the 17/18 season as if its some miracle juve won, this year city won the league by 1 point, were you not watching? Or are you going to keep regurgitate the same 17/18 and not acknowledge in the last years sonce the 11/12 seasons where juve ran away with it.

The city and liverpool race this year was brilliant and i dont even follow either of them.
    They for sure didnt have that in the serie a bar the 17/18 season as you say.
    Leicster came out and won the league, chelsea did it.
    Im talking about a time frame where juve went on their run in the 11/12 to the present compared to the pl.

Mate your up your own hole making assumptions of people saying they havent watched this league or that, when you have no idea.
    Yeah id say thats some high horse shoite right there

We'll agree to disagree pal, opinions and all, enjoy the saturday night.
    Hopefully a few more big signings will be made in the weeks to come.

Let's be real, the ignorant bashing of Serie A, the fact you haven't a single post in the recent Serie A thread, and the fact you have a grand total of 5 mentions of Serie A ever according to the Boards search function, two of which are from today slagging it off, one hardly has to be Columbo to figure out you aren't watching it.

I mentioned the 17/18 season because you used Juve winning the title by a wide margin as a way to knock it -"Juve run riot with it" in your own words - so bringing up the season before where Juve didn't run away with the league, and Man City did with theirs, would seem a pretty fair point to throw in the mix.

City and Liverpool were miles ahead of the rest last season and it's a strange mentality where 1 team "running riot with it" constitutes a "****e" league, but a league where 2 teams run away with it (Liverpool were 25 points clear of 3rd) makes for a brilliant league. This has been one of the most uncompetitive Premier Leagues ever outside of the two-horse title race as many have remarked.

I'm not up my hole, just defending a league that I think gets unfairly maligned. I would suggest you give Serie A a chance because it's going to be a great league to witness in 2019/20 and now would be a good time to give it a try. Top coaches like Conte, Ancelotti, Sarri all involved, as well as a host of top star names. Their Youtube channel is also very good with English commentary provided. I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, back on topic...

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1142542317900972032

I'd quite like to see Pepe at Atletico. I think he'd fit in well with their style as he's lethal on the break. Think PSG should be in for him as well unless they're eyeing Ousmane Dembele for that position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Would Inter be a good move? They seem to blow hot and cold in Serie A and the Icardi mess is doing them no good. He needs to go for both their sakes, IMO.

• This is it wrote: »
    Would Inter be a good move? They seem to blow hot and cold in Serie A and the Icardi mess is doing them no good. He needs to go for both their sakes, IMO.

They seem to be pushing to challenge Juve. I'm not surprised at the fees they are being made pay for players.

I think if Inter can move Icardi on and replace him with Lukaku that would be very good business for them, so I think that should be their top priority. Speaking with my United fan hat on though I don't want Lukaku sold. I think he can do well provided he has the right supporting cast. He does seem to be heading for the exit, however.

There's little talk of where Icardi might go? He's a top striker in my opinion but with baggage that could fill a 747. I thought he might end up with Real, seems like a striker that could replace Benzema

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There's little talk of where Icardi might go? He's a top striker in my opinion but with baggage that could fill a 747. I thought he might end up with Real, seems like a striker that could replace Benzema

Jovic is the next striker for Real since he just signed

Icardi would be a shoe in for Chelsea if not for the transfer ban, wouldn't be a Chelsea number 1 striker unless there was the ability to create headlines

• Advertisement

• I think if Inter can move Icardi on and replace him with Lukaku that would be very good business for them, so I think that should be their top priority. Speaking with my United fan hat on though I don't want Lukaku sold. I think he can do well provided he has the right supporting cast. He does seem to be heading for the exit, however.

I agree. And I wouldn't have much confidence in him being replaced if he leaves at the moment.

Icardi - Lukaku swap? How would United fans feel about that? I can't see it happening, but I'm curious all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Icardi - Lukaku swap? How would United fans feel about that? I can't see it happening, but I'm curious all the same

Depends if Icardi is bringing Wanda. As mad as he can be she seems far far worse.

Let's be real, the ignorant bashing of Serie A, the fact you haven't a single post in the recent Serie A thread, and the fact you have a grand total of 5 mentions of Serie A ever according to the Boards search function, two of which are from today slagging it off, one hardly has to be Columbo to figure out you aren't watching it.

I mentioned the 17/18 season because you used Juve winning the title by a wide margin as a way to knock it -"Juve run riot with it" in your own words - so bringing up the season before where Juve didn't run away with the league, and Man City did with theirs, would seem a pretty fair point to throw in the mix.

City and Liverpool were miles ahead of the rest last season and it's a strange mentality where 1 team "running riot with it" constitutes a "****e" league, but a league where 2 teams run away with it (Liverpool were 25 points clear of 3rd) makes for a brilliant league. This has been one of the most uncompetitive Premier Leagues ever outside of the two-horse title race as many have remarked.

I'm not up my hole, just defending a league that I think gets unfairly maligned. I would suggest you give Serie A a chance because it's going to be a great league to witness in 2019/20 and now would be a good time to give it a try. Top coaches like Conte, Ancelotti, Sarri all involved, as well as a host of top star names. Their Youtube channel is also very good with English commentary provided. I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, back on topic...

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1142542317900972032

I'd quite like to see Pepe at Atletico. I think he'd fit in well with their style as he's lethal on the break. Think PSG should be in for him as well unless they're eyeing Ousmane Dembele for that position.

Wait so i need to post about the seria A here to be taken seriously. Should i do the same for LOI, because i havent posted about that at all but seen plenty of games.

Its not a fair point when im saying since the juve won the league in 11/12 its been a fair run for them.
    Your picking and choosing the only year to base your argument on.

You keep sugesting that i havent watched any of the italian league, your wrong pal! I mean how more clear does it have to made.

I'll move on as the high and might bull**** from you is laughable.

Apprantly a terror to have in his current club, his misses is his agent which somehow makes it worse as she's a horror to deal with. Was discussed on the UTD forum and many were against it.

Sort out our CM/RMF, get lukaku to get rid of a bit of muscle as i think he was to big last season and get players to feed him a decent ball.
    For a CF he doesnt get enough chances and the one's he does gets is highlighted big time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Doesnt Icardi have Step-children or something that cannot leave Italy, it's why he was pushing for the Juve only move

Doesnt Icardi have Step-children or something that cannot leave Italy, it's why he was pushing for the Juve only move

He has a great return as a game played vs goals.
    17/18 he was on fire, 34 games 29 goals judt in serie A.
    Must be something the clubs know but dont wanna go near him.

Yep, Maxi Lopez's kids. Wasn't aware of them not being able to leave Italy, Maxi is apparently a free agent now but was with a Brazilian team. It's like something out of the Kardashians...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Fairly valid point about Juve and their domination tho.

To win seven in a row and then buy Ronaldo for 100m to get and eight.

Nevermind what's they might buy this season.

Difficult to see another challenger for that league in the near term but doesn't make it ****e either

noodler wrote: »
    Fairly valid point about Juve and their domination tho.

To win seven in a row and then buy Ronaldo for 100m to get and eight.

Nevermind what's they might buy this season.

Difficult to see another challenger for that league in the near term but doesn't make it ****e either

Tis a ****e leagie tho imo,
    Juve won by 12 points this season
    17/18 by 1 point
    16/17 4 pointsa
    15/16 9 points
    14/15 17 points.
    And so on

This has gotten the run around from my orginal comment where i said, de ligt would be wasted on the italina serie A, with the downfall i think the league is going, which has be en evevident the last few years.

I compared it to the PL as we all watch it as the champions have varied.

In comparison its a ****e'r league. But compared to the 101 leagues, i was posted against it isnt.

8 years and juve have won the serie a, could easily be the 9th 10th 12th and on as well going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd hate to see De Ligt go to Juventus.

I agree it's an awful league now. Former big fan of the league here but it's desperate seeing one team dominate for so long. It makes it worse that it's Juventus who I despise with all the crooked stuff that's went on there over the years.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'd hate to see De Ligt go to Juventus.

I agree it's an awful league now. Former big fan of the league here but it's desperate seeing one team dominate for so long. It makes it worse that it's Juventus who I despise with all the crooked stuff that's went on there over the years.

Should have went to Barca but obviously money is nearly the main issue regarding this move considering his agent & previous preference was PSG offering far more more than Barcelona were.

Physically he's still a way to go developing so a move to the premier league would be an even worse idea imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

I don't know which is worse, someone p*ssed and posting an incoherent mess about a league he doesn't watch/know about, or an appartently sober poster agreeing with it.

23 years since Juventus won the CL.They need to try something.

sacamano wrote: »
    I don't know which is worse, someone p*ssed and posting an incoherent mess about a league he doesn't watch/know about, or an appartently sober poster agreeing with it.

I watch a fair amount of Serie A fwiw. Barca style suits his skills & they've played that way for some time. Juve are changing how they play this upcoming season with Allegri going. Dont know how some will react to it.
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    23 years since Juventus won the CL.They need to try something.

The midfield was a big issue vs Ajax; got completely played off the pitch & right back if Cancelo goes to City....they've been linked to Trippier which is, yikes.

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1142703216997601281?s=19

Would be a snip at 20m if true. Wasn't great last season but few were at Napoli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Should have went to Barca but obviously money is nearly the main issue regarding this move considering his agent & previous preference was PSG offering far more more than Barcelona were.

Physically he's still a way to go developing so a move to the premier league would be an even worse idea imo.

Premier league isn't as physical as it was before what players would really bully him thee days.

He'd be perfect for City or Liverpool, I'm amazed they haven't tried to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Dani Alves leaving PSG this summer, would be a good 1 year option for most the top 6 clubs in the PL

sacamano wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=5752378[\img]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Raiola looking for a fee of £10.7M to make the De Ligt transfer happen according to SSN. How annoyed would the player be if a dream move fell apart because of something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Raiola looking for a fee of £10.7M to make the De Ligt transfer happen according to SSN. How annoyed would the player be if a dream move fell apart because of something like that?

That's the players own fault.

The agent works for the player not the other way around.

They know exactly what they are getting into when they sign up with Raiola.

Advertisement