Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Don't have a problem with Griezmann particularly, but Neymar's carry on off the field (well, and on the field, like punching a fan) over the past 2 years paints him as a fairly rubbish human being in fairness.

Biting players, diving around and racially abusing people is fairly rubbish too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

eagle eye wrote: »
    No, they certainly do not do that.

Surez seems like a perfectly decent fella in general , he's just a psycho when he gets onto the field.

I'd never judge anyone by what they are like on a football field or in any sporting environment.

I'll take Suarez's insanity on the field over Neymar and Griezmanns narcissism any day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If rather go for a pint with suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

NIMAN wrote: »
    Only if it becomes public knowledge.

You not think this has happened in the past?

Yea I know it happened in the past ,but thought teams where getting penalized for it .

Id happily take Grezimann at City , wouldn't care what he does off the pitch as long as he is dedicated to the team and getting results .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Barca would be better off spending either the Griezmann or Neymar money on a manager. A Guadiola or a Klopp. I know it won’t happen, but appointing either would do more for their chances of success over the next few years than Neymar or Groezmann will.

I think people are a bit harsh on Valverde, they still won the league by miles. Guardiola hasn't been setting the CL alight either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Id happily take Grezimann at City , wouldn't care what he does off the pitch as long as he is dedicated to the team and getting results .

well there's a shock :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

AdamD wrote: »
    I think people are a bit harsh on Valverde, they still won the league by miles. Guardiola hasn't been setting the CL alight either.

Does Valverde actually do anything to amke the team better, it's obvious looking at the likes of Klopp and Guardiola how they have improved their teams, I suspect you put me in as manager as Barcelona and the results wouldn't be far off what Valverde has achieved.

FitzShane wrote: »
    well there's a shock :pac:

Mario antics has made me numb to off pitch antics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

In a year of dysfunction for the two Madrid teams. Real will be much stiffer competition this year.

When it mattered in Anfield he was destroyed, his team of superstars comprehensively put to the sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Baggly wrote: »
    If rather go for a pint with suarez

True.

I could easily picture Neymar and Griezmann sharing a pint like Spanish students in Dublin for the summer.

No time for that.

• Advertisement

but Neymar would insist on his sister being there.....

....but then again, he probably has first dibs on her :o

rafaella-santos-neymars-sister_ahfxzttcnbodzp342kx94pyi.png?t=-1628556072

I count 6 things in that picture that annoy me about her and this is the first time i have ever seen her.

You are welcome to her Fitz.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Baggly wrote: »
    I count 6 things in that picture that annoy me about her and this is the first time i have ever seen her.

You are welcome to her Fitz.

Is 1 of them her sausage fingers?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

or the talons at the end of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Those fúcking pair of eyes on her arm is creepy as foook

I dont think ill get into it too much (way OT) but yes those talons would annoy the **** out of me.

Konsa gone from Brentford to Villa.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48947281

Origi signs a new deal.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48943512

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

but Neymar would insist on his sister being there.....

....but then again, he probably has first dibs on her :o

rafaella-santos-neymars-sister_ahfxzttcnbodzp342kx94pyi.png?t=-1628556072

Is that not Firmino on a Saturday night?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is that not Firmino on a Saturday night?:)

No Bobby would be looking the other way!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    When it mattered in Anfield he was destroyed, his team of superstars comprehensively put to the sword.
    I'm not sure I'd agree with thec"'team of superstars' comment.
    Suarez had a poor season and looks like he is at the end of his career. Coutinho has been awful, Vidal and Rakitic both look over the hill. Lenglet is an inexperienced centre back who is only coming through.

Personally I think Valverde is a very good manager. I'd expect things to improve as the older players get replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/1149254079757070336

Really bad example being set by Arsenal's club captain. Sure he wants a move but basically going on strike?
    Does he think he's Neymar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/1149254079757070336

Really bad example being set by Arsenal's club captain. Sure he wants a move but basically going on strike?
    Does he think he's Neymar?

A move to where? What a gob****e, really poor from the club captain of any club to behave like that. Always seemed like a smart guy but that's idiocy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Griezmann with his documentary "The decision" on if he would stay at AM or not was the most narcissistic thing I've seen from a footballer and apparently he planned on making another before AM ruined it and stated he wanted to leave.

Good player mind.

duffman13 wrote: »
    A move to where? What a gob****e, really poor from the club captain of any club to behave like that. Always seemed like a smart guy but that's idiocy

By the sounds of things, he has offers from a couple of Ligue 1 teams and has been asking Arsenal for a mutual termination of his contract for a few weeks so he can join one of them. Arsenal refused so it has come to a head now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

By the sounds of things, he has offers from a couple of Ligue 1 teams and has been asking Arsenal for a mutual termination of his contract for a few weeks so he can join one of them. Arsenal refused so it has come to a head now.
    Don't mind him asking, but he's contracted to play for another year, if he wants that broken (for his and his next teams benefit) then Arsenal should be some bit compensated. Going on strike is juvenile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If he wants out that bad then he should buy out the last year of his contract instead of trying to get Arsenal to take the hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

pjohnson wrote: »
    Those fúcking pair of eyes on her arm is creepy as foook

They're probably Neymars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Don't mind him asking, but he's contracted to play for another year, if he wants that broken (for his and his next teams benefit) then Arsenal should be some bit compensated. Going on strike is juvenile.

I read in another post that he has done 9 years at arsenal. Are players still entitled to a testimonial after 10 years? Maybe he was hoping that Arsenal would take that as adequate compensation (nobody is going to pay big bucks for an aging CB with his recent injury record).

His stance is inexcusable but it's probably not as bad as he is being painted by the club. They are probably morto at leaving Ramsey go on a free and don't want to be seen as total clowns by letting their best CB and captain do likewise. That club is a bit of a ****show at the moment, to be honest (not that Utd or Chelsea will be laughing too hard). 4th place (and higher) CL spot could be very interesting next year, Wolves, Leicester and Everton will be sensing a glimmer of an opening I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I read in another post that he has done 9 years at arsenal. Are players still entitled to a testimonial after 10 years? Maybe he was hoping that Arsenal would take that as adequate compensation (nobody is going to pay big bucks for an aging CB with his recent injury record).

His stance is inexcusable but it's probably not as bad as he is being painted by the club. They are probably morto at leaving Ramsey go on a free and don't want to be seen as total clowns by letting their best CB and captain do likewise. That club is a bit of a ****show at the moment, to be honest (not that Utd or Chelsea will be laughing too hard). 4th place (and higher) CL spot could be very interesting next year, Wolves, Leicester and Everton will be sensing a glimmer of an opening I think.

Amazing how much better those teams have gotten in some people's eyes when there is no football being played...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Leicester bought a midfielder they already had for half a season and a striker from Newcastle and the top 6 are supposed to be worried..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Leicester bought a midfielder they already had for half a season and a striker from Newcastle and the top 6 are supposed to be worried..
    and Ali Reghba from Bohs !! Keep up.

They won the league with less !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

xtal191 wrote: »
    They're probably Neymars

They actually are Neymar's.

I think its more because their uptick in form in the latter half of the season. Made a big improvement, and have a lot of young players who will only get better. If they keep that sort of form up, they'll be pushing the top 6. Could see Wolves doing the same... think the top 8 will actually be quite competitive, with a drop off after that point.

*shudder*

• ~Rebel~ wrote: »

It's kind of a weird tattoo to have of a sibling, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Wait till you see Neymar's tattoo of her.

It certainly is. And he has a very large tattoo of her face on his arm.

Neymar3.jpg

Weird dude, having a very weird 2 years since he left Barca it seems. Well worth reading some of Diego Torres articles on him over that time - has seemingly drifted away from his teammates (including the Brazilians), and just spends all his free time partying with a very large entourage that live with him. (and punching fans and getting in legal scrapes with women).

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Wait till you see Neymar's tattoo of her.

Jesus ****ing christ.

Worlds gone. Cleanse it with fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Liam O wrote: »
    Amazing how much better those teams have gotten in some people's eyes when there is no football being played...

My point is that, so far, I can only see Arsenal, Utd and Chelsea going backwards. Or maybe you think losing Hazard and a transfer ban is OK, the Pogba, Lindelhof, Lukaku situations are good for Utd and losing Ramsey and Koscielney while blowing (allegedly) half of their transfer budget on a young CB and then loaning him back to St Etienne is a positive for the Gunners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Dont think Leicester are that much behind Arsenal & Man Utd.

They have a very balanced team. 2 excellent full backs,Good CB's.
    Good midfield & Vardy.

Probably need another goalscoring forward/winger. Perez is ok but can't see him being a regualr goalscorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

MD1990 wrote: »
    Dont think Leicester are that much behind Arsenal & Man Utd.

They have a very balanced team. 2 excellent full backs,Good CB's.
    Good midfield & Vardy.

Probably need another goalscoring forward/winger. Perez is ok but can't see him being a regualr goalscorer.

Mad with all those things they finished so far behind both those teams last season, both teams having disappointing seasons in their own right.

• Advertisement

Mad with all those things they finished so far behind both those teams last season, both teams having disappointing seasons in their own right.

In the last 11 games of the season from when Leicester sacked their manager and replaced him (and a decent sample size in its own right) Leicester finished 4th in the form table.

That's why people think they might push on this year.

I'd still expect them to be just outside the top 6, but not far off.

People might not agree with this cos it's cool to make fun of him on the internet but Brendan Rodgers is currently a far superior manager to both OGS & Lampard.

Having a good manager goes a lot of the way in this league. That and the squad seems like it could challenge if both OGS continues his poor form since getting a new contract & Lampard gets a shock in terms of managing a Hazard-less Chelsea in his first PL season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Neymar3.jpg

Weird dude, having a very weird 2 years since he left Barca it seems. Well worth reading some of Diego Torres articles on him over that time - has seemingly drifted away from his teammates (including the Brazilians), and just spends all his free time partying with a very large entourage that live with him. (and punching fans and getting in legal scrapes with women).

I thought it was sarcasm......holy fook that is messed up......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Former Ireland under 16 Louie Barry signs for Barca from West Brom.

Neymar3.jpg

The size of his arms , Im surprised there was enough skin to get the image on there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Unreal player and will bang in goals for them, something Suarez was slowing down in doing. Wonder is that the end of the Neymar saga now?

• justshane wrote: »
    Unreal player and will bang in goals for them, something Suarez was slowing down in doing. Wonder is that the end of the Neymar saga now?

There is no place for him in that team now.
    Even though both annoy me somewhat, Greizmann is a better player than Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

justshane wrote: »

Suarez score six more than Greasy last season in the league, finishing only second to Messi.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Suarez score six more than Greasy last season in the league, finishing only second to Messi.

Yeah but you are gonna score more goals if you are beside Messi, arent you?

Advertisement