Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

How much he go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

noodler wrote: »
    Suarez score six more than Greasy last season in the league, finishing only second to Messi.

Messi in your team means you will get more goals as half of the opposing team will be focused on him.

• How much he go for?

120 million

120 million

Bargain

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Atletico aren't exactly a gung ho team either

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

• GLaDOS wrote: »
    Atletico aren't exactly a gung ho team either

Big loss for them, who do they get to replace him is the next question.

There good at scouting strikers .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Isn't Felix his replacement?

• xtal191 wrote: »
    Isn't Felix his replacement?

Yes fair point. I'd consider him potential though. 19 years of age, asking alot of him to step up and replace Greizmann at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

MD1990 wrote: »
    Dont think Leicester are that much behind Arsenal & Man Utd.

They have a very balanced team. 2 excellent full backs,Good CB's.
    Good midfield & Vardy.

Probably need another goalscoring forward/winger. Perez is ok but can't see him being a regualr goalscorer.

I think Perez will probably fill the Okazaki role, take up some of the burden and chip in with a handful of goals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Atleti are apparently disputing the transfer. They're claiming that they're owed the full €200m as the transfer was done before July 1st.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/1149679467654049792

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I really hope Barca end up having to pay that full 200. I don't think I'd stop laughing for the rest of the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

In fairness I don't see how an agreement predating can constitute that payment having to be made. They're releasing his registration now, not then. He was still able to play for Atleti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I really hope Barca end up having to pay that full 200. I don't think I'd stop laughing for the rest of the summer
    Don't see it happening, but would have a giggle as well if it did.
    I'd a Barca mate who was enraged that time when Figo was lured away by Real and saw him as a treasonous pig. Kinda similar transfer now (pre-agreement/buyout) with Griezmann (even if it's not Barca -> Real).

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Interestingly, Greizman takes the #7 shirt at Barca leaving Coutinho with no shirt number.

• Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Interestingly, Greizman takes the #7 shirt at Barca leaving Coutinho with no shirt number.

Aka Daily Mail alert

Who would take him? Not long before he will be linked to Utd like every other player on the planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

He's a fine player. The problem is the transfer fee and possibly his wages although maybe they weren't paying him as he was following a dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    He's a fine player. The problem is the transfer fee and possibly his wages although maybe they weren't paying him as he was following a dream.

What's the problem with the fee?

What's the problem with the fee?

They'll look for about €100m more than anyone will want to pay, I'd guess. I'm talking about Coutniho my earlier post was ambivalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Boom_Bap wrote: »

You would think his transfer out must be agreed ,bad news for Liverpool if he moves as there would have been at least 20million in addons if he did another year at barca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You would think his transfer out must be agreed ,bad news for Liverpool if he moves as there would have been at least 20million in addons if he did another year at barca

I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards has some clause in the contract to get a sell on fee if Couthino moved within two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards has some clause in the contract to get a sell on fee if Couthino moved within two years.

I never saw one mentioned ,the other clauses are widely reported .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'd say Liverpool could nearly get him for 'free' as Barca still haven't ponied up the fee yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

justshane wrote: »
    Messi in your team means you will get more goals as half of the opposing team will be focused on him.

Oh right.

I could have sworn Suarez was a 25 goal a season striker even before he was at Barca.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'd say Liverpool could nearly get him for 'free' as Barca still haven't ponied up the fee yet.

We'd probably have to give VVD back to Southampton then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Delph to Everton for 8m apparently. Not the worse signing for that money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Joachim Andersen to Lyon from Samp for €24m. Lyon are having a good window. Rumours that Koscielny may wind up there too before the summer's out.

Not liking these rumours of Sebastien Haller going to West Ham. He's capable of a better club than that imo. Would be a great coup if they can land him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

gimli2112 wrote: »

His wages will definitely be an issue alright... I believe his pay jumped up multiples of what LFC was paying him. Understandably too, you’re in a great bargaining position when you could claim to be the 3rd most expensive player in the world, as he was at the time of signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Not liking these rumours of Sebastien Haller going to West Ham. He's capable of a better club than that imo. Would be a great coup if they can land him.
    Pellegrini is at West Ham so they are more enticing as long as that lasts.
    Remember every European club that Manuel Pellegrini has managed has been to the knockout stages of the ECL under his tutelage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

eagle eye wrote: »
    Pellegrini is at West Ham so they are more enticing as long as that lasts.
    Remember every European club that Manuel Pellegrini has managed has been to the knockout stages of the ECL under his tutelage.

That won't be happening with West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

De Ligt to Juve now official and Inter have signed Barrella on loan, good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

De Ligt to Juve now official and Inter have signed Barrella on loan, good player.
    Can’t see anything confirming this on Juves social media? Will be a serious deal if he’s bought at the price touted. Juve are having a great transfer window but but will prob have to shift a few players on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

They replaced Torres with Aguero and made a mint on the deal.
    They replaced Aguero with Falcao and made a mint on the deal.
    They replaced Falcao with Costa and made a mint on the deal.
    They replaced Costa with Griezmann and made a mint on the deal.
    Never mind the likes of Forlan, Villa and Mandzukic who also played for them during those years.

I wouldn't worry too much about their ability to replace their main striker. Their past record in that respect is just staggering!

justshane wrote: »
    Can’t see anything confirming this on Juves social media? Will be a serious deal if he’s bought at the price touted. Juve are having a great transfer window but but will prob have to shift a few players on.

sorry about that, I was fooled by a thread on reddit, the inter milan tansfer is true though and it's also official that Manolas has signed for Napoli, good centre back pairing there between Koulibaly and Manolas.

Also I want to ask Ligue 1 heads about Fekir as he's been linked to Betis strongly as a potential replacement for Lo Celso, did he have a good season last year? Are his knees ****ed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Also I want to ask Ligue 1 heads about Fekir as he's been linked to Betis strongly as a potential replacement for Lo Celso, did he have a good season last year? Are his knees ****ed?

He wasn't as good as in 17-18. He had a few shaky moments. There was a game against Reims I recall where he was taken off at half-time for a poor performance. To be fair to him though he did bounce back well from that in the following weeks, and he finished the season reasonably well.

I think he'd be a good signing for Betis if they can get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Why would he leave Lyon for Betis though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That won't be happening with West Ham.
    Statement of fact eh?
    That was not my point, I was saying that Manuel Pellegrini is the reason that a better standard of player is willing to join West Ham.

Officer999 wrote: »
    Why would he leave Lyon for Betis though?

That's true, Lyon are in the Champions League as well. The only reason I can think of is that he's fed up at Lyon and wants a change and none of the big teams are in for him. I also read where Betis are offering him 7 million a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

That's true, Lyon are in the Champions League as well. The only reason I can think of is that he's fed up at Lyon and wants a change and none of the big teams are in for him. I also read where Betis are offering him 7 million a year.

Since the word got about his knees no big team is going to look at him, shame for him but unfortunately that's the reality. Mad that he's gone from a €60m player to a €30m. Strange to see him linked to Betis all the same, La Liga is a higher standard overall but giving up CL football is odd.

• Advertisement

Since the word got about his knees no big team is going to look at him, shame for him but unfortunately that's the reality. Mad that he's gone from a €60m player to a €30m. Strange to see him linked to Betis all the same, La Liga is a higher standard overall but giving up CL football is odd.

He's gone to €30m because he's only one year left on his contract now and it's better for Lyon to take that than let him go for nothing next summer.

Apparently Liverpool still wanted him last summer but wanted the fee structure changed to have a lower base fee and more appearance based add on as a precaution but Aulus wouldn't budge. Now they've lost out on an extra €20m.

I'd still take him at Liverpool, especially at €25-30m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

30 million is about right for him considering his injury risk but it's a gamble I'd think a lot of clubs should be chancing. Be a waste to see him go to Betis id think, I think Lyon is probably his best option at the moment. Stick where he is

He's gone to €30m because he's only one year left on his contract now and it's better for Lyon to take that than let him go for nothing next summer.

Apparently Liverpool still wanted him last summer but wanted the fee structure changed to have a lower base fee and more appearance based add on as a precaution but Aulus wouldn't budge. Now they've lost out on an extra €20m.

couldn't happen to a nicer president

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Didn't realise he was in the last year of his contract. Delighted for Aulas, the French Daniel Levy!

Where would you see him playing in that Liverpool team? As part of the midfield three?

Didn't realise he was in the last year of his contract. Delighted for Aulas, the French Daniel Levy!

Where would you see him playing in that Liverpool team? As part of the midfield three?

I'd say Klopp was looking to get him to give him more options to play different formations.

Fekir at the top of a diamond with two of the current 3 in front of him to give the other a rest. He could have been used as cover for Salah or Mane either or as the furthest forward of a midfield 3 with two DMs behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Reports saying deal agreed for Maguire to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rumours Maguire for 80m & Dunk for 45m,

Maybe Chelsea are lucky they have a ban. These sort of prices have to end soon if they are true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Reports saying deal agreed for Maguire to United.

An expensive slab of head.

• Already becoming the most hated. Not even done his medical yet :D

Already becoming the most hated. Not even done his medical yet :D

Not sure about most hated but definitely most expensive CB (until De Ligt moves) but you've went a long way to sorting the defense now which will help a lot next season.

£80m doesn't look to bad when Dunk is going for £45m.

• Advertisement
Advertisement