Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No chance... the thing Liverpool fans need to be worried about when Klopp’s time is up is the prospect of Gerrard being given the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Thank you.

Your stats show that Dybala played 42 games and 2820 mins.
    So this just goes to show that he was a regular at the club..... the opposite of what eagle eye said!

I appreciate your help to prove a point.

Noone expected him to play the same amount as the God Ronaldo.
    Not replying to you per se but generally
    The main point of my post wasn't if he was getting games for juve but rather that Tim vickery and mina what's her name didn't have much positive to say about Dybala. Especially mina who's an avid juve fan and follows them closely. Their main point was he's not a game changer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

rob316 wrote: »
    Mourinho desperate for a job and to show he has changed. Doing some PR stunt on sky there where he goes back home and to show "the real Jose". All fairly transparent

I think he's finished in England, Real would take him back I'd say, PSG might give him a turn, Italy still open to him at a couple of clubs, Germany? couldn't see it.

He's very limited unless he drops his enormous wages.

Portugal job might be his best move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Messi and Ronaldo aside Jose is surely one of the highest earning individuals in football over the last 10 years or so, I doubt he is desperate for a gig.

Biding his time to find the perfect spot, similar to what Pep does, is the right move. His last 3 clubs were really poor choices by him for various reasons and probably did him a lot of damage.

It’ll be interesting to see where he ends up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well if he was that good he would be starting for Juventus. There is something wrong whether that be him not improving or off the field stuff.

He occupies exactly the same spaces as Ronaldo. Both want to play with a centre forward who occupies CB's so they can attack in the spaces between the lines, coming in from deep or from the right. It's why Juve (and Ronaldo) want Lukaku as he's the sort of player who opens up those spaces that suits Ronaldo's game.

For better or worse, Juve have gone all in on the Ronaldo venture, and they can't afford to have high quality expensive players that dont fit with that plan, so we see Dybala made available, and Moise Kean sold. Personally, I think the smart move is the exact opposite - banking on those two for the longer term seems to make more sense, but they're going for the all-or-nothing and they have a 2 year window to do it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Messi and Ronaldo aside Jose is surely one of the highest earning individuals in football over the last 10 years or so, I doubt he is desperate for a gig.

Biding his time to find the perfect spot, similar to what Pep does, is the right move. His last 3 clubs were really poor choices by him for various reasons and probably did him a lot of damage.

Obviously he doesn't need the money but his job is a football manager and he is currently out of work.
    His last two jobs while brought success at varying levels, ended in disaster and really damaged the dressing rooms.
    I think at this stage he's open to anything but the offers aren't there such is the damage to his reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

He was released by West Ham at the end of last season and hadn't found a club.

How long would you want him to wait for an offer till it was ok with you for him to take an offer from a club like Liverpool to be there number 2 or not get a club at all?

He mightn't have found a club for all sorts of reasons, could have been looking for too much money etc. The alternative wasn't 'not get a club at all', that's being a little silly. He would have found a club. He took an offer where he won't be playing much football at all, and not even in a 'he'll compete' kind of way either. He just won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No, but h would be desperate to prove himself again. The United job will have left a bitter taste and a sense of "unfinished business" for him.

It would have to be right job though. Strong team, either favourties in their league or returning to such.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Surely this isn't happening?

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1158732821554499587?p=v

Any defender should be a priority

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Arsenal accepting that the instead of conceding fewer, they'll just score more. Solid, in theory at least.

• Advertisement

Are they going to buy a defender at all? Attack looks great but its powder puff at the back like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

5star02707 wrote: »

Going the old 1-5-4 formation I see :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Going the old 1-5-4 formation I see :pac:

Any goal keeper worth his salt should be able to hold his own , I go all out with
    0-4-6 just lanch it up someone bond get it .

Linked to United now, this smacks of the Jim Whyte school of transfer deadline day.
    I remember there was literally nothing happening one year and out of nowhere he said "we are getting word Kaka might be moving on loan to spurs but they dont think they can get it done in time" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

5star02707 wrote: »

I'm surprised the BBC would run with that. AS are saying no offer was ever made. And French journalist Julien Laurens on ESPN also saying it's rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

If you are Coutinho, why would you agree ANY move downwards so soon after your dream move. It wouldn't be for money, Barca will play plenty of games this season, and he's less likely to win medals. Only move I could see him agree to is PSG or back to Pool, who by all accounts have moved on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Could see Coutinho joining Spurs if Eriksen is sold.

Played under Poch at Espanyol. Tried to sign him at Southampton too.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Could see Coutinho joining Spurs if Eriksen is sold.

Played under Poch at Espanyol. Tried to sign him at Southampton too.

In a playing capacity that would be grand, but I could never see Levy paying a 20+ million loan fee, on top of massive wages. Never happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

This is barca testing the waters or drumming up interest. Neither arsenal or spurs would do that deal imo. One would be mad to and the other would be completely changing mo.

There probably isn't a single ounce of substance to this rumour I'd say. No way levy would sanction the loan fee and wages

• Advertisement

• Love how Eriksen has become ****e in the space of 12 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Love how Eriksen has become ****e in the space of 12 hours

Wrong thread? Don't think anyone in here has said he's ****e?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Erikson is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sky reporting Spurs have agreed a €70m fee for Dybala.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1158831233465499648?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Weird, if he was looking for £10m net per year from United, levy is not going to pay him anything like that kinda money

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Juve's sales of him, Kean & Cancelo are really odd. For around €130m & Danilo I think they've messed up their own evaluations quite a bit. Even if he doesnt go to Spurs that's the fee they've apparently accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

duffman13 wrote: »
    Weird, if he was looking for £10m net per year from United, levy is not going to pay him anything like that kinda money

He probably just wanted that to play for utd,spurs the bigger draw these days may pay less wages,who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

duffman13 wrote: »

Maybe he was looking for Champions League football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

That too

Bound to be a factor. He used to dining at the top table. Didn't appear to want Utd. Spurs seems a better option all around.

It says fee agreed for Dybala but isn't that as far as United got when they realized he doesn't want to leave Juve.
    Still though they can offer 3 things United can't London, cl football and an Argentinian manager.
    Wether they would be willing to meet his wage demands is another story.

rob316 wrote: »
    It says fee agreed for Dybala but isn't that as far as United got when they realized he doesn't want to leave Juve.
    Still though they can offer 3 things United can't London, cl football and an Argentinian manager.
    Wether they would be willing to meet his wage demands is another story.

Does Dybala actually want to move from Juventus or is he being pushed out?

6 wrote: »
    Does Dybala actually want to move from Juventus or is he being pushed out?

He's been pushed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

There could be a merry-go-round yet

Dybala/Coutinho to Spurs, Eriksen to United and Pogba to Madrid?

Hard to see how united could fit both into the same team, Pogba is useless playing further back in the team, and he doesn’t defend.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Don't understand why Spurs would sell Eriksen to United. Surely they won't.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Only reason to sell him is if he won't sign a new contract, and United are the only bidders. Crazy imo, but i doubt Levy would be happy seeing him leave on a free next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Arsenal have agreed personal terms with Rugani and just need to agree a fee with Juventus.

Decent player and potentially a very good deal.

Juve making some weird decisions this market.

Need to pay the huge wages of Ronnie and those free agent signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

McCarthy done to Palace for 8m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Arsenal have agreed personal terms with Rugani and just need to agree a fee with Juventus.

The Rugani isn't one. They have De Ligt, Romero, Demiral, Bonucci & Chiellini already. Rugani did well at Empoli but that was around 4 years ago when Sarri was there, he never laid down a marker to be a starter there.

How bloated is Juventus squad? Everyone seems to be going to them for players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

A two year loan with an obligation to buy afterwards is the rumour right now.

There could be a merry-go-round yet

Dybala/Coutinho to Spurs, Eriksen to United and Pogba to Madrid?

Hard to see how united could fit both into the same team, Pogba is useless playing further back in the team, and he doesn’t defend.

Would suit everyone, but I'm not sure Madrid will be able to afford Pogba if they can't get rid of Bale though. Unless Utd give them a good deal for something under what they bought him for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Eriksen to United is pretty pointless unless they are going to add pace, guys with the ability to make good runs into the box and finishing ability too... it will be last season all over again, get parallel or in and around the box and STOP pass it backwards again, slowwwww, hopeful cross....lose possession and start again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Strumms wrote: »
    Eriksen to United is pretty pointless unless they are going to add pace, guys with the ability to make good runs into the box and finishing ability too... it will be last season all over again, get parallel or in and around the box and STOP pass it backwards again, slowwwww, hopeful cross....lose possession and start again.

Rashford not fast enough for you, does Martial not have bit of pace to him aswell. The new young signing James is ment to be lightning fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I wonder why Rooney chose that shirt number? I'd say there was a few quid extra in it for him...

16969498-0-image-m-13_1565130072514.jpg

Rashford not fast enough for you, does Martial not have bit of pace to him aswell. The new young signing James is ment to be lightning fast.

Pogba is no slouch and the 2 fbs are rapid also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Rooney to derby in Jan?? Surprised he's leaving the states already.

He could still destroy teams in the championship, or be a complete flop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

retalivity wrote: »
    Rooney to derby in Jan?? Surprised he's leaving the states already.

He could still destroy teams in the championship, or be a complete flop
    He seem to be having his struggles and the family quote suggests they want to come home. As for his effect, it'll take him a while to get up to the level of the game anyway. I don't know about destroying teams, he's just one player and a weak shadow of his former self and some of the people he'd be playing against would be targets for PL teams and others. The Championship is probably one of the most competitive leagues around, average quality notwithstanding. Anyone can beat anyone else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement