Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1159015937028296705

Stone giving it the big one on United's behalf.

Reads to me as they may be finished now for this window? Risky not to get cover for Rashford of Lukaku goes and still no RW.

• Palace get a loan deal for Victor Camarasa

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1159022712959971328

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1159015937028296705

Stone giving it the big one on United's behalf.

Reads to me as they may be finished now for this window? Risky not to get cover for Rashford of Lukaku goes and still no RW.

Also risky to offload 2 senior central midfielders, gamble that Pogba will either work out or leave and have unproven youngsters take their spots... Woodward’s motto when it comes to getting the squad the players it needs

085260da739d5f8723a626ab23a0da4623be9458998bfc91b38c57cdffec16d4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Going for both Camarassa and McCarthy seems strange...they havent replaced AWB either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

pjohnson wrote: »
    Going for both Camarassa and McCarthy seems strange...they havent replaced AWB either.
    McCarthy will play central seems to be the plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

pjohnson wrote: »

Presume Joel Ward will take up his old position at RB.

Presume Joel Ward will take up his old position at RB.

No one under him tho. Guess Martin Kelly could slide across as an option since they've Cahill/Kouyate as CB options.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Everton bid 30m for Iwobi - Arsenal should snap their hand off at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Everton are gonna try make a real play for top 6 this season I think.

Talks of bids for Zaha, Iwobi, Sibide and then Smalling on loan, for what I presume would be cover for Mina & Keane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I admire their ambition, but i think the end result is going to be an ungelled team that will be a bit of a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

FitzShane wrote: »
    Everton are gonna try make a real play for top 6 this season I think.

Talks of bids for Zaha, Iwobi, Sibide and then Smalling on loan, for what I presume would be cover for Mina & Keane.

Utd have turned down Everton's loan request. Not sure why. He's awful imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I think their defence is weak - Keane, Mina and Holgate the only Cbs on the books at the moment and little chance of resigning Zouma by the looks of it.

Plenty of creative players, even without Zaha or Iwobi, so I think they should be able to score plenty of goals, just a question of whether they can see out games. Losing Gueye is an issue too.

I wonder what the addition of Sibide means for Coleman. Seems an odd signing if he's just coming in as back-up but Coleman is the vice-captain (and captain when Baines isn't there) so they're hardly about to cut him entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Probably want to sell him.

I wonder what the addition of Sibide means for Coleman. Seems an odd signing if he's just coming in as back-up but Coleman is the vice-captain (and captain when Baines isn't there) so they're hardly about to cut him entirely.

I think Everton needs to upgrade on Coleman personally. That injury has really curtailed him. There is another Irish wingback that would be a nice signing to have as a starter, but I don't think he would make the move.

Lots of teams have a club captain that doesn't play every game anyways.

FitzShane wrote: »
    I think Everton needs to upgrade on Coleman personally. That injury has really curtailed him. There is another Irish wingback that would be a nice signing to have as a starter, but I don't think he would make the move.

Lots of teams have a club captain that doesn't play every game anyways.

I won't disagree there - I think he's overrated by many Irish football fans because he's a cut above many of his international teammates, but I don't think it would be too difficult for them to improve on him.

If that is the case and Sidibe is the new starter, that's bad news for us internationally as you'd imagine Coleman would get the nod anyway as he's captain.

Doherty was much better last season. Slight bit of misfortune to have two of our better players playing the exact same role!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Bid for Rojo/Jones now please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klinsmann joined Spurs 25 years ago this window if they could sign Dybala in the next 24 hours that would be the biggest signing for them since then for me and as important to the club.

Everton must be crazy. Iwobi just isn't that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Saw a headline on the Beeb which read "Man U believe Eriksen wants Spain move". A very bizarre story imo. Guts of it is thay they are in talks with him but reckon he'd prefer to goto Spain.

Coupled with the very obvious Dybala pursuit (who could now be off to Spurs), this feels like a PR job from the Man U board, trying to make it look like they are after players but the players aren't interested.

• Advertisement

Sky now claiming that Spurs offering €60m for Giovanni Lo Celso. That was heavily rumoured at the start of the summer so definitely a possibility... But him, Coutinho AND Dybala? I don't see that happening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its mind boggling how dross like himself ,Jones and Young are still at the club,the only thing I can think of is that they have some serious dirt on Woodward .
    They should have been offloaded years ago ,barely championship standard .

Sky now claiming that Spurs offering €60m for Giovanni Lo Celso. That was heavily rumoured at the start of the summer so definitely a possibility... But him, Coutinho AND Dybala? I don't see that happening!

Levy was meant to have backed out of the Le Celso deal last week because Betis wouldn't budge from their asking price and he was only willing to pay 50m. Maybe he's decided to pay the asking price now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Koscielny refuses to travel on Arsenal's tour.
    Luiz refusing to train with Chelsea so that he can move to Arsenal.
    Lukaku refusing to train so that he can move to Inter/Juventus.
    Zaha handing in a transfer request so he can move to Everton, even though Arsenal want him.
    Eriksen wants to leave Spurs, but won't join United.
    Spurs waiting until last minute to get their midfielder in to replace Eriksen.
    Juventus trying to force Dybala out but he won't join United either.

Liverpool won't sign anyone, but thinking about the above scenarios that the other clubs are in, at least the players they have all want to stay.

City are laughing so hard I can hear them over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Didn't hear that about Luiz, Chelsea rightly screwed if he hits the road...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

This is it wrote: »
    Didn't hear that about Luiz, Chelsea rightly screwed if he hits the road...

I wouldn't say screwed, on merit he's a starter alongside Rudiger, but Zouma and Christensen aren't a severe downgrade at all

Azpilicueta can play CB as well if Zappacosta stays or Reece James emerges at RB

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Surprised about the Luiz story but it seems to be true. At least Chelsea have a few decent young CBs (Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma) as they obviously can't buy any atm. Might have to promote some CB from the youths if there are any injuries if he can push the move through.

I wouldn't say screwed, on merit he's a starter alongside Rudiger, but Zouma and Christensen aren't a severe downgrade at all

Azpilicueta can play CB as well if Zappacosta stays or Reece James emerges at RB

Yeah, Rudiger was one of their better players last year. I know Azpilicuata can play all across the back but RB and LB would be his better positions in my opinion. I had forgotten about Zouma, him and Christensen will be expected to do a job this year if Luiz does go.

Chelsea will find it tough enough without Hazard, they won't want to weaken their defense, even if it is just slightly.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Luiz to Arsenal must happen so him and Guendouzi can be hair brothers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He must be missing Ethan Ampadu too

Latest on Arsenal via Twitter https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/1159126069737402368

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lo celso to spurs back on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sidibie to Everton on loan, praet to Leicester and sanson now could be heading to Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cancelo to City done.

2 players who'd start in a top 4 team for every single position now I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sky saying Spurs have got Lo Celso & Arsenal are getting Tierney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

SlickRic wrote: »
    Cancelo to City done.

2 players who'd start in a top 4 team for every single position now I reckon.

Except centre half. Short one there for the perfect squad for me! Which was same last year. We finally got the dmf but lost a centre half. Im not sure we are any stronger than last year esp with it looking like Sane’s injury is worse than expected. I guess he can replace kdb on the injury table. Not complaining great squad but i still want a centre half cos im greedy and its not my money!

• Advertisement

Apparently 5 of Luiz 6 moves during his career have been completed in the last 24 hours of a window.

Is David Luz the answer to a leaky defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

All very quiet on Bruno Fernandes, any news on him?

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

6 wrote: »
    Is David Luz the answer to a leaky defence?

It will be wonderful entertainment and I for one would love to see him, mustafi and xhaka in a team together.

Sidibe joining Everton could be great for Doherty. If Coleman looses his starting berth Doherty gets a chance to get into the Ireland team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Rooney wearing no.32 at Derby who just happened to be sponsored by 32Red. Gamblings seeping into every facet of football is horrible to see. But as long as they have funny ads right?

• Advertisement

Arsenal looking a little better if they get Luiz and Tierney in. Still a little weak defensively but with Pepe adding to the attack you'd think there'll be goals galore

Edit, at both ends!

Where do we draw the line gambling companies sponsoring team, oil rich genocidal states owning football clubs.

Football has moved on from the local rich businessman owning the cub.

According to Sky, Real rumoured to be in talks about Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Jason puncheon has left palace to join Paphos in Cyprus, where he joins one time FM wonderkid Lulinha.

Brighton bought Neal Maupay from brentford for 20m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Sky will come up with so many fake rumours to try and make a day of it but in reality the main transfer of the day will be something like Drinkwater going to Burnley

• Advertisement
Advertisement