Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Tomw86 wrote: »
    Really, that's absolutely madness.

Hazard to Real to be announced after the Europa League, can see Chelsea investing that money in two wingers.

Transfer ban until summer 2020, money will be resting in the account, unless Chelsea appeal to CAS.

Even if we got 200m, we wouldnt be able to replace him as it is and I wouldnt trust the board to do it either.

I'd be hoping that we dont buy 2 wingers anyway, Odoi is a seriously talented player and buying 2 more players to block his path would be a disaster for Chelsea, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Transfer ban will be appealed. I am not confident in it being successful.

Chelsea will invest the money, just the players won't move until Summer 2020 if the ban is not frozen for 1 window.

I think they will buy 2 wingers with a view to one being back-up to replace both Willian and Pedro.

Obviously a CF is the highest priority but I am not sure where that is going to come from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Bayern confirm that James Rodriguez is leaving the club.

Can't see anyone paying the wages James wold be looking for he has kind of of priced himself out of being a footballer, No decent side will take a chance on him ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

"Hamez" must be the biggest busted flush in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

China next destination I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

Dont fully agree, he is more like a very low flush with multible players in pot with higher .
    Reasonably talanted player that hit purple spot at world cub and looked a total world beater.
    Think he would actually do well in italy where game is slower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

China next destination I suppose.

He feels really like a West Hamez type signing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I dunno Bale has told Madrid he's happy to see out the next 3 years even when knowing he's not in their plans right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Andy Carroll,Nasri and Adrian released by West Ham.

Carroll only played around 130 or so games in 7 seasons. A part time footballer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I though Nasri done well enough in his short spell with the Hammers

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I though Nasri done well enough in his short spell with the Hammers

He didn't really, started off ok and contributed nothing then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

ERG89 wrote: »
    I dunno Bale has told Madrid he's happy to see out the next 3 years even when knowing he's not in their plans right now.

In fairness he was a key component of a team that won 4 Champions Leagues, a La Liga and a Copa Del Rey. I don't think he can be called a Busted Flush.

If I'd achieved everything he achieved I'd be happy enough playing golf on an astronomical wage in Madrid.

What's his incentive to move when he's won so much?

Wales getting to the semi final of the Euros is probably as far as the national team will ever get so he probably feels he has nothing left to prove.

He'll be 30 in the summer so his motivation is probably dwindling somewhat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Andy Carroll,Nasri and Adrian released by West Ham.

Could see Andy Carroll going to Rangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Andy Carroll v Scott Brown. Quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I see him at Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn’t be surprised if no one signed Big Andy before the season starts and the window closes and as a free agent he can sign after the window closes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

"Sky sources" reporting that Jack Grealish is to reject any advances from Spurs to stay at Villa next season. He obviously has a much higher profile in Ireland than most players coming out of the Championship but I am interested to see how he has developed since he last played in the top flight. Highly rated for sure and appears to have matured a lot on and off the pitch, according to many UK pundits, so will be interesting to see how he does next season.

Also interested to see how Spurs go in the market this summer. Will they lose players? Will they splash cash? Do they have much to spend? Lo Celso highly linked but Grealish wouldn't have come cheap so were both actually on the cards or were Sky just adding in the Spurs link as it had been there previously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Grealish is probably better of staying at Villa. Will be a guaranteed starter there next season, and club captain too, as they are back in the PL. He can try his hand to see if he is good enough at that level again.

Villa fans would crucify him if he left this summer, just after promotion. It would not be a good look for 'Mr. Aston Villa'. If they get relegated at the end of next season and he wants to leave, it will be a different story and probably be allowed leave as at least he stayed with them through the initial tough times and got them promoted again.

After a meeting with Perez, Ramos is staying at Madrid and "will retire there".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Norwegian Erling Haaland, son of Keane's nemesis Alf-Inge Haaland, today scored a record 9 goals in one game against Honduras at the U-20 World Cup.

He's on Salzburg's books atm; was born in Leeds and apparently he's a Leeds fan. He worked with Solskjaer at Molde as well. Wonder if any clubs will take an interest after the tournament? He only just joined Salzburg in January so they're unlikely to be keen on selling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Norwegian Erling Haaland, son of Keane's nemesis Alf-Inge Haaland, today scored a record 9 goals in one game against Honduras at the U-20 World Cup.

He's on Salzburg's books atm; was born in Leeds and apparently he's a Leeds fan. He worked with Solskjaer at Molde as well. Wonder if any clubs will take an interest after the tournament? He only just joined Salzburg in January so they're unlikely to be keen on selling.

If he is with Salzburg it is to play and gain experience before heading to Leipzig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Back to Newcastle maybe? Could be a decent understudy option to Rondon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Back to Newcastle maybe? Could be a decent understudy option to Rondon.
    Newcastle will be looking at far more expensive options if they have new ownership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

After a meeting with Perez, Ramos is staying at Madrid and "will retire there".

€€€€€€€€€

Madrid dont really treat long serving players all that well, just look at Raul and Casillas, they even got rid shot of one of the greatest ever players as soon as there was a bit of interest.

Ramos will have done very well if he manages to retire in Madrid before they get rid of him.

Sid Lowe (I think) had a great article last year about Ronaldo but it equally applies to any mega star on insane money, that at some stage the clubs have to look at the player and think are they getting enough for their investment of 400/500k a week, it especially applies to the older players, pushing to their mid 30's.

I reckon the same applies here for Ramos, hes on borrowed time and at some stage Real will just bin him and bring in another 20 something year old.

I dont think theres a fairy tale ending in for Ramos like he thinks there is, unless he takes a massive reduction in his wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

eagle eye wrote: »
    Newcastle will be looking at far more expensive options if they have new ownership.

If that all goes through I'm sure they'll be bringing in a lot more expensive first teamers. But they still need depth anyway, and right now have very little in the way of line-leading center forwards once you go beyond Rondon. Could do with 2 more, and with a lot more positions to fill, Carroll might be a good, cheap, fan-pleasing move for a new owner to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ERG89 wrote: »

They don't really want him, and you see the problem they had paying off Conte. This way he goes and they don't have to pay him loads to do so

Bruno Fernandes who hasn't been linked with Liverpool at all said in an interview in Portugal yesterday that he would prefer to play with Liverpool over City who he is linked with.

I'm struck by the Serie A turnover. They love to buy and sell players to each other (must be money laundering ;))

20 years of transfer turnover stats

Screen-Shot-2019-05-03-at-19-05-13.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Luka Jovic to Madrid confirmed. No fee reported but believed to be €60-70m.

If he lives up to the hype, that will be an absolute steal in a few years time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Luka Jovic to Madrid confirmed. No fee reported but believed to be €60-70m.

If he lives up to the hype, that will be an absolute steal in a few years time!

Looks like he is a proper footballer ,

Reports this morning that Mbappe has handed in a transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Reports this morning that Mbappe has handed in a transfer request.

Madrid ? Would love him at City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Barca maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Madrid have already spent 200m euros or so if reports are to be believed, surely they cant afford him due to FFP etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Madrid have already spent 200m euros or so if reports are to be believed, surely they cant afford him due to FFP etc.

Really,wow who of note did they get with that?

Madrid are the team being linked.

I'm struck by the Serie A turnover. They love to buy and sell players to each other (must be money laundering ;))

20 years of transfer turnover stats

Screen-Shot-2019-05-03-at-19-05-13.png

If this is accurate, Juve brought in 36 players a year?

Doesn't seem right.

Three signed so far...

Jovic for €60m

Rodrygo for €45m

Militao for €50m

And they are linked with Lyon left back Mendy for another €50m.

All this before Hazard.

NIMAN wrote: »
    If this is accurate, Juve brought in 36 players a year?

Doesn't seem right.

Maybe when they got relegated and were down a division there was a big turn over of players?

• Advertisement

I think they have only bought one player officially as of now. Jovic for €50m.

The 200mill is likely including Mendy from Lyon and Hazard, but those deals aren't done yet.

If Mbappe became available, perhaps the Hazard deal might be forgotten about;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think they have only bought one player officially as of now. Jovic for €50m.

The 200mill is likely including Mendy from Lyon and Hazard, but those deals aren't done yet.

If Mbappe became available, perhaps the Hazard deal might be forgotten about;)

Militao and Rodrygo are done deals as well

Mbappe cost 180m a few years ago. He's improved since & won a world cup so that fee is probably 280 or more now. Is that really viable for anyone??

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Militao and Rodrygo are done deals as well

I'd heard them mentioned but couldn't see them listed on any of the transfer websites, or RealMadrid.com even

Edit: I see Militao is on their website. How much did he cost them?

Liverpool will make 250m from the tv money. Sell Mig and Lallana and it's done! :)

Barca can sell Coutinho to Man Utd or Chelsea for 100m that would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'd heard them mentioned but couldn't see them listed on any of the transfer websites, or RealMadrid.com even

https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2019/03/militao-new-real-madrid-player

https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2018/06/official-announcement-rodrygo-goes

Liverpool will make 250m from the tv money. Sell Mig and Lallana and it's done! :)

Barca can sell Coutinho to Man Utd or Chelsea for 100m that would help.

Coutinho to Spurs is the latest now because of his previous relationship with Poch.

Eriksen to Spain then.

Thanks, found the Militao one.

Not even a photo of Rodrygo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I would think Barca will be in for Mbappe or else City

Dembele, Coutinho and cash might get it done

Barca have to free up wages as much as anything - 66% of turnover which is very high for such a big club

• Advertisement
Advertisement