Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ms access

Options
  • 02-05-2019 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

I have a bit of a weird one here. I have a database which is working fine and all my forms are opening maximised no problem. However when I open a report maximised (docmd.Maximise) the report opens maximised but no data is shown. I accidentally clicked on the open report and where I clicked data appeared. Tried it again in a different area and same thing happened. Any one any ideas. Probably something simple but it has me baffled.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If you close access completely and reopen and then manually reopen the report is it ok?
    What code are you using to oepn your report? Are you using Docmd.OpenReport...
    Is the report set to open in preview mode rather than print mode?
    Is the report filtered within your application?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

If you close access completely and reopen and then manually reopen the report is it ok?
    What code are you using to oepn your report? Are you using Docmd.OpenReport...
    Is the report set to open in preview mode rather than print mode?
    Is the report filtered within your application?

I used a command button and used the wizard to select open report from a form that requires a date. The report works fine if I don't try and maximised it.
    When I open the report manually in print view it works but not in report view.

Try it on a different PC and see if the issue repeats itself.
    Sometimes weird things like this resolve themselves by recreating the report (even via a Save As)

Try it on a different PC and see if the issue repeats itself.
    Sometimes weird things like this resolve themselves by recreating the report (even via a Save As)

Thanks for help. I created a new button and ran code instead of using wizard and it's working fine now.

Cool.
    I presume that you've compiled your code also!

• Advertisement

Cool.
    I presume that you've compiled your code also!

Yeah working fine. I'm sure I'll run into more problems so keep an eye on this threadðŸ˜ðŸ˜. Thanks again for your help

Advertisement