Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question concerning clays. And cartridges.

Options
  • 02-05-2019 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Alright chaps, hope all is well.

I know this has been asked before, so forgive the thematic repetition.

Has anyone come across 'properly' biodegradable clays? I know that standard clays will degrade over time but I'd like to shoot something that'd f**k off into nothingness within a few weeks.

Also, can you feck spent cartridges into the recycling? Figured the plastic and brass would be recyclable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

https://www.wheetarget.com for bio degradeble clays

Been a long time since actual brass has been used in the clay shells.The base is mostly mild steel now with some paint to make it look like brass.So the baase will rust away in a few years,just leaving the plastic cartridge case and wad lying about.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭JohnFitz2332

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    https://www.wheetarget.com for bio degradeble clays

Been a long time since actual brass has been used in the clay shells.The base is mostly mild steel now with some paint to make it look like brass.So the baase will rust away in a few years,just leaving the plastic cartridge case and wad lying about.

Thanks for that pal. I actually emailed those fellas several times with no response. They must not want the cash money

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

local clay club gathers all cartridges, and when they have 4 or 5 of those builders "1 ton" bags, the local car dismantling /scrap steel place take them and issues a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

Saga are part of the same group that manufacture GB,Danarms cartridges and own Eley. Saga trap cartridges are available with a fiber wad if anyone is interested in being a bit friendly to the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 I right I

I know this has been asked before, so forgive the thematic repetition.

Nicely put.

+1

• Advertisement
Advertisement