Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Offer and Compatibility

Options
  • 02-05-2019 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, I'm a new customer and I've just signed up for your offer that includes Nest installation. I'm just not 100% sure if my old Firebird boiler is compatible with Nest. If it turns out that it's not, am I still liable for the 12 month contract? Or can I even just move into a cheaper plan?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Ukelele!,

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland. 

Our colleagues will ring to arrange an appointment for the Nest if they haven't done so already. We recommend mentioning this to them. 

If it turns out that the Nest is incompatible with the set-up, our colleagues in the Sales department on 1850 305 090 can review the account and see if they can offer you anything else instead of the Nest.

Alternatively, you will have an option to leave the contract if the Nest is not compatible as this is part of the terms and conditions of the offer. 

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ukelele!

Hi Ukelele!,

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland. 

Our colleagues will ring to arrange an appointment for the Nest if they haven't done so already. We recommend mentioning this to them. 

If it turns out that the Nest is incompatible with the set-up, our colleagues in the Sales department on 1850 305 090 can review the account and see if they can offer you anything else instead of the Nest.

Alternatively, you will have an option to leave the contract if the Nest is not compatible as this is part of the terms and conditions of the offer. 

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

They rang me about 2 days ago and I've been scheduled in for the end of May. I never even thought of mentioning to them that it may not be compatible. Is there a number i can ring or someone i can email to ask about compatibility? An email might be better cos i could attach an image of the current thermostat and they might know from that! Cos i haven't a clue to be honest

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Ukelele!,

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Our colleagues in the Home Services department are available on 1850 372 333 from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. Their email address is homeservices@electricireland.ie. 

In any case, the installer will have to check the suitability of your set-up on the day of the appointment.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, 
    Aoife 

Advertisement