Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation during Kinsale 7s rugby festival (for *next* year!)

Options
  • 03-05-2019 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

o the May bank holiday has crept up once again, and with it comes floods of photos and snaps of folks getting ready to head down to Kinsale for the 7s festival. I don't play, so I've never gone to it - but friends who do have said it's worth heading over just for the craic surrounding it, even if not actually playing.

With this in mind, I've decided to commit in advance to going to it next year, May 2020 - the only issue being that even now, a year in advance, every hostel or B&B seems to be already fully booked out for that weekend - either that, or some of them close on that weekend to avoid hosting the hordes of revellers 😂😂😂

With all this in mind, how does one secure a room to stay in before this event? Are there any hidden places which don't have an easy-to-find online presence? Or is even one year in advance too late to get on the bandwagon? 😂

I suspect going down as one person probably puts me at a disadvantage given how much more lucrative it is to rent to large groups and team bookings, but even so I'm going to find a way, dammit 😎

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Have you contacted the hotels/b&bs direct or just looked them up online?
    I'd highly doubt there's nowhere left to stay over a year in advance. Some places will have block bookings each year with the same teams, but not all of them.

Advertisement