Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Great work Skunky.

I will get a read up later today on everyone. I will also try do a likely/unlikely double act list.

10 players left 8 village 2 wolf

Bounty Hunter
    Clarabel
    Green&Red
    Kolido
    Pter
    quickbeam
    Strawberry Milkshake
    TheSkunk
    Triceratops Ballet
    tusk

Mislynch 8v2
    Munch 7v2
    Mislynch 6v2
    Munch 5v2
    Mislynch 4v2
    Munch 3v2
    Lynch correct 3v1
    Munch 2v1
    Lynch correct - village win

We really don’t want to be going the above route. Lynching correct tonight allows us to see who interacted or didn’t with the lynched wolf.

Can someone fire up all official lynch results in one post? We haven’t analysed them since Keith left.

All lynch results to date
    Necro wrote: »
    Player Name No. of Votes Voters
    kitten_k 3 tritium, Ectoplasm, sKeith
    Dublinandy2 3 Pter, Green&Red, duffman13
    sKeith 2 kitten_k, TheSkunk
    TheSkunk 2 quickbeam, tusk
    Kolido 2 crosstownk, Strawberry Milkshake
    Barney92 1 Digital Solitude
    fixxxer 1 Barney92
    Green&Red 1 fixxxer
    Pter 1 Dublinandy2
    duffman13 1 Triceratops Ballet
    Loughc 1 Kolido
    crosstownk 1 Clarabel
    Strawberry Milkshake 1 Bounty Hunter

Did Not Vote: Succubus_, Loughc

kitten_k lynched by virtue of last vote cast.
    Digital Solitude 5 quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk
    crosstownk 4 Clarabel, sKeith, Kolido, Triceratops Ballet
    Strawberry Milkshake 4 Green&Red, fixxxer, Bounty Hunter,Ectoplasm
    fixxxer 3 Strawberry Milkshake, duffman13, Barney92
    Bounty Hunter 1 Digital Solitude
    Kolido 1 crosstownk
    Did Not Vote 2 Loughc, Succubus_

NO POSTING UNTIL AFTER MUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT AT 10AM.

THANK YOU

Edit: Table fixed. I can do it, you can't. :p
    sKeith wrote: »
    Player Name | No. of Votes | Voters
    sKeith|8|Bounty Hunter, fixxxer, quickbeam, pter, tusk, theskunk, dunlinandy, green&red
    fixxxer|4|ectoplasm, sKeith, Strawberry Milkshake, kolido
    Strawberry Milkshake | 1 | Clarabel

Did not vote|3|crosstownk, duffman13, tricerotops ballet NO POSTING UNTIL AFTER MUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT AT 10AM.

THANK YOU
    fixxxer 5 tusk, Strawberry Milkshake, Ectoplasm, Kolido, TheSkunk
    Kolido 4 Pter, Bounty Hunter, fixxxer, Green&Red
    Green&Red 2 Clarabel, Triceratops Ballet
    Triceratops Ballet 1 quickbeam
    Did Not Vote 2 crosstownk, duffman13

The numbers above are wrong so amended below
    10 players left 8 village 2 wolf

Bounty Hunter
    Clarabel
    Green&Red
    Kolido
    Pter
    quickbeam
    Strawberry Milkshake
    TheSkunk
    Triceratops Ballet
    tusk

Mislynch 7v2
    Munch 6v2
    Mislynch 5v2
    Munch 4v2
    Lynch correct 3v1
    Munch 2v1
    Lynch correct village win

We really don’t want to be going the above route. Lynching correct tonight allows us to see who interacted or didn’t with the lynched wolf.

Can someone fire up all official lynch results in one post? We haven’t analysed them since Keith left.

We haven’t got 3 mislynch we have 2 max. Wolves will win if we mislynch for a third time.

I need more coffee but lynch results need dissecting, definitely.

• Advertisement

As promised, my reads. I will be a mislynch, but up to you if its worth it. Dont lynch me and we have a chance of lynching a wolf or another town. We should probably get something like this from everyone in case of mislynches.

Wolf lean
    TB – Low poster, maybe RL or maybe lying low.
    Clarabel – A tricky one here, she could be wolf with anyone really. If a newish player is a wolf, I’d hedge my bets on Clara.
    Green – Looking less wolfy to me than he did, but I still wouldnt be surprised.
    QB – Kinda escaped me throughout the game. Maybe she has been kept because her reads have been way off but Im still surprised she hasn’t been munched.

Neutral
    Pter – Been thinking a lot of why certain players are still here, could be a wolf but still not completely convinced, again, wouldnt surprise me.
    BH – Pretty much the same as Pter.

Town lean
    Strawbs – Putting in so much work to get me, if she was wolf she would know Im town, she wouldnt be doing this.
    Skunk – Would have been neutral but her efforts recently scream town to me.
    Tusk – If I’ve got this right, she is town. She posted something earlier in the game which I cant talk about here. Really hope I read tusk correct.

Possible double act
    Clara/anyone from wolf lean or neutral.
    Green/QB. Green was first to clear the digi5 and there has been little conversation between these two afaik.
    QB/Pter. This would be an extraordinary coup, both bussing digi.
    BH/TB, Clara, or QB. Don’t think there has been much interaction here.

Unlikely double act.
    Green/Strawbs or BH. Unless a bluff, they have been at each other too much.
    Clara/Skunk/Tusk. I think there is at least one veteran wolf.
    Strawbs/QB – Early in the game they had too many opinions in common.
    QB/Tusk – Too much love here.

Please flag this when I flip green, see what you can make from it.

Kolido wrote: »
    As promised, my reads. I will be a mislynch, but up to you if its worth it. Dont lynch me and we have a chance of lynching a wolf or another town. We should probably get something like this from everyone in case of mislynches.

Errrrm, the bit I’ve bolded. “We have a chance of lynching a wolf or another town”?

What are you really trying to say here, Kolido? As far as I can tell, IF, you were a mislynch we would glean more info than mislynch on someone who hasn’t been suspected much.

I don’t like that line you’ve written.

Errrrm, the bit I’ve bolded. “We have a chance of lynching a wolf or another town”?

What are you really trying to say here, Kolido? As far as I can tell, IF, you were a mislynch we would glean more info than mislynch on someone who hasn’t been suspected much.

I don’t like that line you’ve written.

Why didnt you bold the last sentence to show the full context. Everyone should do a read in case of mislynch. I cant say my read will be better than any other town player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Kolido wrote: »

Wolf lean
    TB – Low poster, maybe RL or maybe lying low.
    Clarabel – A tricky one here, she could be wolf with anyone really. If a newish player is a wolf, I’d hedge my bets on Clara.
    Green – Looking less wolfy to me than he did, but I still wouldnt be surprised.
    QB – Kinda escaped me throughout the game. Maybe she has been kept because her reads have been way off but Im still surprised she hasn’t been munched.

Neutral
    Pter – Been thinking a lot of why certain players are still here, could be a wolf but still not completely convinced, again, wouldnt surprise me.
    BH – Pretty much the same as Pter.

Town lean
    Strawbs – Putting in so much work to get me, if she was wolf she would know Im town, she wouldnt be doing this.
    Skunk – Would have been neutral but her efforts recently scream town to me.
    Tusk – If I’ve got this right, she is town. She posted something earlier in the game which I cant talk about here. Really hope I read tusk correct.

Possible double act
    Clara/anyone from wolf lean or neutral.
    Green/QB. Green was first to clear the digi5 and there has been little conversation between these two afaik.
    QB/Pter. This would be an extraordinary coup, both bussing digi.
    BH/TB, Clara, or QB. Don’t think there has been much interaction here.

Unlikely double act.
    Green/Strawbs or BH. Unless a bluff, they have been at each other too much.
    Clara/Skunk/Tusk. I think there is at least one veteran wolf.
    Strawbs/QB – Early in the game they had too many opinions in common.
    QB/Tusk – Too much love here.

Please flag this when I flip green, see what you can make from it.

I like the format of this actually, If I can put one together in a simillar format today I will. I'm still busy in work but with player numbers much lower now I've kind of a better read on people or at least I've been able to actually keep up with the thread and actually read the posts everyone is posting!!

Only bit I don't like is the bolded bit, why are you more important to keep around than another villager, someone said at the start that's the nice thing about a mountainous game, we're all equally important/unimportant. A mislynch is a mislynch and with no power roles I see no reason that if you were a villager that you'd need to be left alive rather than another villager. Every villager doesn't have to make it to the end to win, if the village wins we all win alive or dead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

This is a nice defence Strawbs, I'm surprised it took the two of you so long to concoct it but now that you have lets look at it for holes

So first off I made no comment either way about low posters, I did comment at 11:10 on Friday to say I didn't think we should go after the potential modkills
    I also gave notice at that point that I had a new favourite for lynching and I would ISO them
    Spoiler:
    It was you strawbs

Notice at this point the argument is between Strawbs and Petr on whether the modkills should be targeted, so its just not right to say I was steering the conversation away from low posters, I was very clear in steering it away from Modkills, I made no comment on low posters, good or bad.
    Well from an initial conversation about the non voters and very low posters and we wasn’t really moving on to new suspects. Then green rights a very long and very well written post about me being a definite wolf.

Now reading back I’m doubting my first defense of green as it now looks to me less of someone starting a bandwagon but of someone steering the conversation away from the very low posters that included digi the wolf.

But I bring Kolido into the mix then after Keith asks me who I’d run against. Cue digi, Kolido and green all taking a time slot to post. Things get very confusing after and it’s difficult to see who might be voted for against me.

This is just a LIE, I said I was going to be AFK in #1423 and I was until after the lynch. I also had my vote in first for you, that didn't change. If I was worried about a wolf buddy being lynched I would have been sure to be online.
    Do you see a pattern here, I'm hugely consistent here, I've been pointing that out since the start. Thats why your comment about people flip flopping doesn't apply to me, I didn't, I stated early where my vote was going, put it in and stuck to it. Just like in later votes I promised to vote with the Digi5 and I did. CONSISTENCY, its easy to have it when you're telling the truth

Then a few start saying they’d rather vote digi than me and Kolido (who is adamant I’m wolf) flip flops his vote around off of me.

Too many have doubts about digi. Even if I were lynched and declared NRV. People would be suspicious of him still so some distancing had to be done for the future days.

This makes no sense to me but I do think you're trying to create a link between myself and Kolido, you tried it earlier in the game when he promised to ISO me and didn't. An excuse almost as flimsy as your post here.
    Look back at my ISOs of Fixxer and Kolido, they are both very close together, I say in one I wouldn't lynch Fixxer but say I would lynch Kolido.
    Again, facts to back up what I'm saying

• Advertisement

TheSkunk wrote: »
    I f**cking hate myself, going to go find a rock to crawl under. That took five hours. FIVE HOURS. Why did I just give that five hours of my life? Aghh :(

What were your take aways from my ISO?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I'm in on TB for my vote.

Are we FFAing for 3pm?

#FFA5
    TBallet
    Strawbs
    Clarabel

Tb
    Strawbs
    Kolido

@green I’m just saying how things appear to me when I reread day 2. If I’m lynched, I’m putting my thoughts out there and I have urged everyone to reread day 2 knowing now who are villagers and who was the wolf. I could be totally off on this read but I’m still adamant that Kolido is a wolf. I’m just trying to see connections with the events of that day.

I am going to be declared an FBI Trainee so if you are a villager, it’s probably in your best interest to see what went on that day too.

Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    fixxxer 5 tusk, Strawberry Milkshake, Ectoplasm, Kolido, TheSkunk
    Kolido 4 Pter, Bounty Hunter, fixxxer, Green&Red
    Green&Red 2 Clarabel, Triceratops Ballet
    Triceratops Ballet 1 quickbeam
    Did Not Vote 2 crosstownk, duffman13

Is there a wolf in the fixxxer voters? Tusk, strawberry, Kolido or skunk?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Pter wrote: »
    I'm in on TB for my vote.

Nobody jumped on her with me last lynch. Why didn't you join me? You voted Kolido then and he's still alive. What changed?

I could definitely get on board a Triceratops lynch. She'd be in my FFA with Kolido.

quickbeam wrote:
    Nobody jumped on her with me last lynch. Why didn't you join me? You voted Kolido then and he's still alive. What changed?

I wasn't around most of the last day phase. I had a feeling about Kolido. I've reconsidered it and prefer tb. I have my reasons.

Some scenarios just for my own understanding.

Wolves win and both survive - 3 mislynches:
    8V / 2W
    Mislynch - 7V / 2W
    Munch - 6V / 2W
    Mislynch - 5V / 2W
    Munch - 4V / 2W
    Mislynch - 3V / 2W

Wolves win and one survives - still 3 mislynches, but four lynches altogether
    8V / 2W
    Wolf lynch - 8V / 1W
    Munch - 7V / 1W
    Mislynch - 6V / 1W
    Munch - 5V / 1W
    Mislynch - 4V / 1W
    Munch - 3V / 1W
    Mislynch - 2V / 1W

Village wins by the skin of our teeth - two mislynches, two good lynches
    8V / 2W
    Mislynch - 7V / 2W
    Munch - 6V / 2W
    Mislynch - 5V / 2W
    Munch - 4V / 2W
    Wolf lynch - 4V / 1W
    Munch - 3V / 1W
    Wolf lynch - 3V / 0W

I wasn't around most of the last day phase. I had a feeling about Kolido. I've reconsidered it and prefer tb. I have my reasons.

Care to share them? I'm 50/50 at the moment so a little persuasion, maybe?

• Advertisement

Come on now Pter. Any reasons you may have need to be out on the thread!

sharing is caring comrade!! :P

@green I’m just saying how things appear to me when I reread day 2. If I’m lynched, I’m putting my thoughts out there and I have urged everyone to reread day 2 knowing now who are villagers and who was the wolf. I could be totally off on this read but I’m still adamant that Kolido is a wolf. I’m just trying to see connections with the events of that day.

I am going to be declared an FBI Trainee so if you are a villager, it’s probably in your best interest to see what went on that day too.

But that’s not what ur doing. You’re inaccurately reporting what went on. If I don’t go back and read that day and just go on your post I’ll think Digi, Kolido and myself are on a team.

It also completely ignores that for the last lynch I voted Kolido, when the fat was in the fire I put him down rather than going for Fixxer

So in my book that trumps all the whataboutary that you’re putting out there.

sharing is caring comrade!! :P

but seriously, like it's a little unfair to not give a reason.

"like oh I'm gonna vote Pter.... cos reasons tra la la la la!"

quickbeam wrote: »
    Care to share them? I'm 50/50 at the moment so a little persuasion, maybe?

My big reason would be her showing up late doors for the lynch of Strawbs, humming and hawwing over Digi and CTK and eventually going for CTK.
    It stinks and makes me think they could both be wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Green&Red wrote: »
    What were your take aways from my ISO?

Will respond to this after I've had coffee. I had feelings while doing it out but lost the will to live by the end of it :pac:
    Tb
    Strawbs
    Kolido

Pter what are your reasons for TB and Strawbs? Also can you link me to your FFAs? I just tried searching as I wasn't sure if you'd named Strawbs before but could only find one post.

Green&Red wrote: »
    My big reason would be her showing up late doors for the lynch of Strawbs, humming and hawwing over Digi and CTK and eventually going for CTK.
    It stinks and makes me think they could both be wolves

But again, you didn't jump with me last lynch and voted Kolido who's still here?

"They" being Strawbs and Triceratops? Just to be clear?

Maybe just a different way to look at the lynch votes of those who are left.

|Lynch 1|Lynch 2|Lynch 3|Lynch 4
    Bounty Hunter|Strawberry Milkshake|Strawberry Milkshake|sKeith|Kolido
    Clarabel|crosstownk|crosstownk|Strawberry Milkshake|Green&Red
    Green&Red|Dublinandy2|Strawberry Milkshake|sKeith|Kolido
    Kolido|Loughc|crosstownk|fixxxer|fixxxer
    Pter|Dublinandy2|Digital Solitude|sKeith|Kolido
    quickbeam|TheSkunk|Digital Solitude|sKeith|Triceratops Ballet
    Strawberry Milkshake|Kolido|fixxxer|fixxxer|fixxxer
    TheSkunk|sKeith|Digital Solitude|sKeith|fixxxer
    Triceratops Ballet|Duffman13|crosstownk|DID NOT VOTE|Green&Red
    tusk|TheSkunk|Digital Solitude|sKeith|fixxxer

(Dunno why I can't just copy and paste from Excel any more. There's a whole rigmarole to go through to get them in above format!!)

Which leads to some questions / observations.

Why did Bounty vote Strawbs for two votes and then stop voting for her?
    Kolido's first two votes were for players who eventually got modkilled
    Strawbs started on Kolido then REALLY wanted to off Fixxxer!
    Triceratops's first two votes were for players who eventually got modkilled then didn't vote at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

BH and Clara, the only two who voted the same in the first two lynches...

No comment to make, just thought it was interesting.

Advertisement