Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Congrats folks btw...

giphy.gif

Probably will be the final bail in my coffin. QB, but I went full Vernon - again!

My day 4 vote was meant to be Kolido but I selected fixxxer by mistake. It meant that a villager was lynched because of me as if I hadn’t fooked up. Fixxer would have 4 votes and Kolido would have 5!

I’m having a mare this game. Lynch me now :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I’m still tentatively on the Strawbs-Villager train. If it’s any consolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

quickbeam wrote:
    Care to share them? I'm 50/50 at the moment so a little persuasion, maybe?

Come on now Pter. Any reasons you may have need to be out on the thread!

sharing is caring comrade!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

quickbeam wrote: »
    Which leads to some questions / observations.

Why did Bounty vote Strawbs for two votes and then stop voting for her?
    Kolido's first two votes were for players who eventually got modkilled
    Strawbs started on Kolido then REALLY wanted to off Fixxxer!
    Triceratops's first two votes were for players who eventually got modkilled then didn't vote at all!
    If we bring far so were mine

• Advertisement

Clarabel wrote: »
    If we bring far so were mine

Oh true. I missed that. Yours was one player two votes. Kolido and Triceratops were two players.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I’m still tentatively on the Strawbs-Villager train. If it’s any consolation.

Thank you

Pter wrote: »

You’re acting weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

So mystery

I voted Kolido earlier and just in case I cocked it up, I just voted him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Final thoughts on G&R

Over the first few days Green suspected Andy, Fixxxer, Ectoplasm, Duffman and SK all of whom have turned out to be village. Which makes me think his reads are just way off.

I have to agree with Strawbs on how day2 went. This was when I started getting the heebie jeebies off Green. When the discussion started on going after the low posters and/or two potential modkills, Green posted saying he was definitely against going for the two modkills. Doesn’t say anything about the other two then starts going in on Strawbs hard. Possible case of tunnelling but the timing of it makes me question it. Spends the rest of the day asking people what they think of his ISO and will they vote for her. Is p!ssed when he comes back and sees what way the vote has gone. Then starts on SK for defending Strawbs.

Day3 Ecto questions him on pulling back on SK and he says he didn’t and repeats what he said the night before about SK. I’ve noticed this before where he has rowed back on Andy and when called out on it he says he didn’t and repeats what he had previously said. He came up with the idea of the Digi5, to me it felt like he was trying to pocket the five of us. It was too good of a post. Votes for SK following Digi5. I really dislike this idea of Digi5 as it’s so easy for a wolf to jump on our votes and lynch a villager, like SK.

Day4 Says he doesn’t trust Pter then in another post states he thinks all Digi4 are clear. Posts more on lynching outside Digi4, still feels like pocketing to me. Calls me out for tunnelling him for having suspicions of him. Notice he gets pretty defensive when his name comes up. Votes for Strawbs, think at this point nearly all Digi4 apart from me had said who they voted for on thread but he went against this and then voted Kolido for self preservation.

Day5 Posted a couple of times about the panic over Strawbs potential lynch, Green what panic was this? SK was defending her but he’s flipped village and me and Tusk put in votes fairly late for reasoning that had nothing to do with Strawbs. Suggests idea to post three person FFA and not post who we are voting for until twilight. I’d just like to point out I had suggested this the night before off the back of QBs idea of not posting who we voted for. Also quoted Andy on talking about low level posters causing chaos by posting and suggests Andy was talking about TB. I can confirm he was talking about Digi at the time as many people had initially let him off after he posted. Just wanted to point that out as I’m unsure of TB at the minute but didn’t want words put in Andys mouth when he can’t correct it. Talks more on clearing the Digi4. Has been pointed out by Quickbeam and I that we’re not all cleared.

I didn’t include everything just what stood out to me reading back. I’m honestly leaning wolf on Green and find it suspicious that everyone who was munched had him on their FFA at least once.

Would also like to point out I'm still leaning village on Strawbs so his absolute tunnelling of her doesn't help my decision.

I want to look back over Ectos posts, seeing a few bits last night they seemed to be on the ball and thinking their were munched strategically because they were on to something.

Also agree with Quickbeam, Pter is being really weird. Thinking he said he wouldn't be around due to RL, fair enough but could be that he wanted to lay low for awhile. Drops in with FFA but doesn't give any reasoning. Also find it odd that I couldn't find his previous FFAs like he hasn't been tagging them, as a more experienced player that stood out to me, did he do it on purpose to make it more difficult for us to find?

All Pters post that say FFA. Oldest to newest (I hope)
    I'll contribute an ffa but I'll be voting within that and not the overall result.
    #FFA1

DublinAndy - as said before i think he off the cuff posts are anything but and he is getting help from wolf buddies.
    Green&Red - Flip flopping all over the place, could be stirring the pot to get reactions and divert attention, could be rattling cages. Didnt respond to my counter of him accusing me of pocketing, then excludes me from a pseudo summary of yesterday. Its enough to get him here on this list.
    Bounty Hunter - i could be wrong and i hope i am, but im fairly certain he was trying to pocket me yesterday. Be great if he was legit, but i cant be sure.

Honorable mention to Fixxxer as well who is suspect to me on a gut feeling. Will try to work backwards on a reason why but something triggered my suspicion reading his posts yesterday.

I think there is at least 1 wolf in the above, but i still stand over the fact there is probably a quiet wolf. Im not going to waste an FFA vote on people for whom there is no evidence due to lack of posts however. We will just have to sort the quiet people out later in the game.
    Also you dont change the number of the FFA hashtag each time you do an updated FFA. You change it each day. So if you do another FFA today, it will still be FFA1, and when we enter the next day phase, THEN it will be FFA2.
    I wouldn't take it personally. 2/3 of my FFA are longer term players.
    Strawbs plucking at the auld emotional heartstrings has me feeling bad for dandy, but I stand by my reasoning so I'm staying there.

Happy enough with the reads ive made and my FFA.

Dandy if you are mad at me I'm sorry if I pushed your buttons. If ou arent and it's a wolf move then fair enough.

I'm trying to keep emotion out of the decision, but I can understand a new player coming under consistent scrutiny and feeling like they are being picked on.

All I can say is my posts were made in good humour and no offence was intended.

I still think you may be a wolf though, so I'll stick with my vote on you. But I hope whatever you flip as, and whatever thst happens, we can have a laugh about it after the game.
    I was referring to the fact you highlighted me being busy today as a reason to ffa someone.
    That's fine. I'm being consistent with having you on my ffa. I don't mind you having me there on principal, I just don't agree and am arguing my case.
    Who is leaving things. I brought this up yesterday consistently, i brought it up today again as soon as i could. I never left it. If i was dropping things in to ferment, i wouldnt put it in my FFA, which is going to be looked at by everyone. Aggressive from you this game.

i guess that makes sense......ill take some time to reconsider my vote tonight.

Consider me as much as you want. I know the train of thought leading to you assuming me a wolf is incorrect, but then you cant be sure im a villager, which i can.

I am a villager. When i flip good GnR will have trouble because he is so dug in against me. You too, to a lesser degree BH. This actually makes me inclined to leave you both be for now.

I dont know if sKeith is hanging back on me because id waste his posts or because its a wolf tactic or because he agrees im prob village. I need time to consider him more.

I need more time in general. Ive a deadline this evening hence the rushed and unresearched posts. Im posting and doing my job half and half and not really doing either justice. Hence....Im happy to move my vote to fixxxer for now.
    Then why am I on your ffa. An ffa is an opportunity to get people to look at those you suspect, not the other way around.
    I'm sorry Barney i may have missed it but could you throw up an ffa or reads list for me based on this, so?
    Morning guys. What a result.

Apologies to the mods for my lapse in memory regarding not posting after 10.

The i told you so was with regards to there being a wolf in the low posters. There was and im delighted with that. There was movement and wobbles from me in terms of who to vote for, and our prekill the modkill thing is now redundant, but i was first to vote him and make him genie, and I stuck on him from 4pm yesterday. Doesn't clear me by any means and I can see at least one person bussing digi in the 5 that voted for him, but in happy with my part in getting him lynched and stand by it.

Was good vote in terms of analysis as well, so will try to get that done today. Probably later tonight.

Pre analysis ffa based off gut

Fixxxer
    Strawbs
    Bounty

This could change depending on analysis though. Posting as reference point for questions later.
    I didn't mean to belittle your contribution. Well done for the lynch vote (if we are assuming you are village of course).

I just disagree that you have an improving opinion on me again today and yet I'm still on your ffa. It doesn't add up.
    I'd be happy to kill him. I put him in d2 ffa and gave him d1 honorable ffa mention.
    Or at least an ffa or race to base the lynch on.
    Folks im flagging this now: my week looks like this:

Tomorrow, 7am, drive to Cork. Full event setup all day, leave Cork at 7pm and drive home.
    Tuesday, 9am, go to work. Fit in weeks worth of work into 1/2 day. Go to airport at lunchtime. Fly to Barcelona.
    Rest of week, 3 day conference where they confiscate mobile phones and laptops to stop people using them during the conference, oh and ive to give 2 presentations during the conference too.

Ill do my best to post outside these events, but its not going to be as frequently or coherently as i have been. If you kill me, you kill me. Take a look over my posts, FFA noms and especially my sorting list (and compiled sorting list rankings) after i go!

I like the sorting lists but i dont know if anyone else has gotten much from them (apart from sk).

This might be kinda meta, but you will notice me not being around, so might as well try to explain why.
    Would anyone be interested in listing out why you placed each of your votes thus far? I think its useful info.

I voted for Dandy because i was very suspect of his stories being too polished (derp). It was d1 so there wasnt much to go on and i wanted to see if he would shake and let anything slip / see if anyone would help him out.

I voted for digi because he was a low posting non-modkill candidate. He did start posting, but it was fluff, and he genied twice, which was suspect since he was obviously following the thread to some degree. Ill be honest, this was a bit of a punt.

I voted for sKeith because i thought he was playing a different style of game this game (double derp). Major cock up on that one. I also thought we might get some info from his death but not sure we did (admittedly i havent been able to go back and analyse the vote as much as i would have last week).

Im voting for kolido because i think he is sitting back and reacting to everything, changing tact depending on what is happening on thread. Thats all i have on him tbf. I made the same accusation of Fixxxer so he isnt off my radar either. And i cant shake my gut suspicion of BH. I dont know why. Those three would be todays FFA for me, fwiw.
    I had those 3 as my ffa and put Fixxxer at 4th in the same post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I like the format of this actually, If I can put one together in a simillar format today I will. I'm still busy in work but with player numbers much lower now I've kind of a better read on people or at least I've been able to actually keep up with the thread and actually read the posts everyone is posting!!

Only bit I don't like is the bolded bit, why are you more important to keep around than another villager, someone said at the start that's the nice thing about a mountainous game, we're all equally important/unimportant. A mislynch is a mislynch and with no power roles I see no reason that if you were a villager that you'd need to be left alive rather than another villager. Every villager doesn't have to make it to the end to win, if the village wins we all win alive or dead

Sorry you misinterpreted this, maybe my fault the way I wrote it. I didnt mean Im more important than any other villager. I mean if you dont lynch me, the result will be either the same or better, ie another vil or a wolf.

All Pters post that say FFA. Oldest to newest (I hope)

Am I wrong in my line of thinking then? There's FFA1 then a gut feeling FFA but should there not be more than that? He talks about his FFAs later down the line but I can't see any others.

I really feel like it's crunch time tonight, like we need to be all over it tonight and get a wolf. I'm not an experienced player but what are things we can look into the get more information? SK mentioned interaction data before he was lynched? Can someone(s) ISO me, Pter and Quickbeam as we haven't been done yet. I haven't got the heart to do another one just yet after last night. The more information we have going into this tonight the better!

TheSkunk wrote:
    Am I wrong in my line of thinking then? There's FFA1 then a gut feeling FFA but should there not be more than that? He talks about his FFAs later down the line but I can't see any others.

I've done more I just forgot to tag them.

TheSkunk wrote:
    Also agree with Quickbeam, Pter is being really weird. Thinking he said he wouldn't be around due to RL, fair enough but could be that he wanted to lay low for awhile. Drops in with FFA but doesn't give any reasoning. Also find it odd that I couldn't find his previous FFAs like he hasn't been tagging them, as a more experienced player that stood out to me, did he do it on purpose to make it more difficult for us to find?

Really weird. Weird, maybe, but really weird? Interesting. Bit of hyperbole on that wagon.

I've done more I just forgot to tag them.

I done a search without adding the hashtag. I just put “FFA”

• Advertisement

So mystery

Why shouldn't we kill you TB. Obvs you will claim you are a villager as will we all, but why should you live beyond that claim.

Who understands wagonomics?

I done a search without adding the hashtag. I just put “FFAâ€

My one this morning was three names posted in response to gnrs ffa. Yesterday's was similar as well. Think I did a summary post and three names.

I'm sorry to make things awkward. I'm sneaking posts in under the table during a workshop.

Really weird. Weird, maybe, but really weird? Interesting. Bit of hyperbole on that wagon.

Hardly a wagon Pter, I questioned what I was seeing. Not the first time you've come up on my radar either so you acting strange is going to make me rethink you. I said what I saw, asked you about it and never said I was putting a vote on you but your reaction is interesting.

TheSkunk wrote:
    Hardly a wagon Pter, I questioned what I was seeing. Not the first time you've come up on my radar either so you acting strange is going to make me rethink you. I said what I saw, asked you about it and never said I was putting a vote on you but your reaction is interesting.

When was that skunk

When was that skunk

I went back on it after rereading and was happy enough to put you as null but after this morning I'm having doubts again.
    TheSkunk wrote: »
    My god that felt so good!!!! I got far too into it though and was punching the air with excitement :o

Went back to yesterday morning and took notes as I couldn’t read properly at the time. So Pter actually came up with idea to kill low level posters. Votes Digi but moved his vote a few other times before coming back. Argued he wanted to take out the ones at risk of modkill. Was he trying to save Digi then? SK pointed out it gave wolves control of game for two days to take out potential modkills. Pter says I ****ing told you! When Digi flipped but he was actually against voting that way and never gave a case as to why vote Digi.

Andy actually called Pter out as being wolfy for this and linked him with G&R and possibly Digi(good spot Andy!!)

G&R started bandwagon on Strawbs, fought with tooth and nail and thought was a sure fire thing when he left. Went mad when he came back and started accusing SK of saving Strawbs by swaying the vote but I voted because I agreed with and trusted Andy and QBs judgement who had both been open about it.

Don’t know what to think, there were a strange few posts from the three of them yesterday when you look back.

RIP Barney!!!
    Hi all, sorry I went MIA there. I hadn’t the head for it last night at all so chilled out and watched Netflix. One thing led to another and I ended up binging until 6 this morning. Needless to say I woke rather late today :o

Going to do a gun to head read list. I’m glad someone else said their mind was changing loads on people, that’s how I am too at the minute so am basing this off gut feeling and will read back over and do a more detailed FFA.

Lynch able
    Green&Red

Bad feeling about
    Duffman
    Pter
    SKeith

Null
    Triceratops
    Kolido
    Clarabel
    Fixxxer

Good feeling about
    Bounty Hunter
    Ectoplasm
    Strawbs

Villager
    Andy
    Quickbeam
    Tusk
    Just seen this now, thought he was going after SK today. Back on Strawbs so at least he's consistent. Also noted how he said if Strawbs flips green that will more than likely clear SK. From yesterday for me it was the Village5 post and ones that followed. The day of lynch when I was doing notes I had him down for bussing Pter and then Digis post on G&R when reading back after lynch results had my alarm bells going off.

Need to look back over Pters posts, I know you responded to me yesterday and I did read your response as genuine. Also nobody else had same suspicions so am a bit fearful of going down a rabbit hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Why shouldn't we kill you TB. Obvs you will claim you are a villager as will we all, but why should you live beyond that claim.

I think this is a very fair question.

what have you contributed TB?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Skunk, I’ll get around to refuting some of your points when I get back to a PC

TheSkunk wrote:
    I went back on it after rereading and was happy enough to put you as null but after this morning I'm having doubts again.

You don't have me as null there anywhere.

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Skunk, I’ll get around to refuting some of your points when I get back to a PC come up with something in the BR

Fixed your post ;)

Advertisement