Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

I suggested that there could be 1 but not 2 wolves in the digi voters. We can’t rule out one being there but I fail to see how 2 wolves would vote for the only other wolf when myself and crosstownk were in the running to be lynched.

We’re down to the wire really. I have a feeling that I will probably be lynched next so I want to at least get a post up showing pairings. I’m currently working on it and it will show different types of interactions, if they accused each other, if they voted each other, if they unvoted each and if they were in each other’s FFAs. I’ll be including post numbers in the table.

I’ve embarrassed myself going so hard on kolido so I’m going to put factual info only (no opinion) all into one post so at least the village can revert to it before making their most important lynch vote of the game.

I can do exactly the same thing for digi5 pairings in you like but that will be in a separate post.

tusk wrote: »
    Bounty & Green&Red - Very similar votes that have not resulted in lynches. could have saved digi on the first vote.
    Bounty & Strawberry - Can't remember why this one was
    Clarabel & Green Digi post
    Clarabel & Strawberry voted twice
    Green & Strawberry - has been a clear tunnel from greeen on strawbs
    Quickbeam & TheSkunk - 2 digi 5, very unlikely there's 2 bussers
    Quickbeam & Tusk - 2 digi 5, very unlikely there's 2 bussers
    TheSkunk & Tusk - 2 digi 5, very unlikely there's 2 bussers

Bounty has voted for me in most lynches. He voted me last night when I tied votes with Kolido. Kolido only lynched due to last vote.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Bounty has voted for me in most lynches. He voted me last night when I tied votes with Kolido. Kolido only lynched due to last vote.

Yeah pity TB voted late to save you :pac:
    giphy.gif

If we could be a team anyone could be!

looks like a busy Friday for most, only home now myself.

Yeah pity TB voted late to save you :pac:
    giphy.gif

If we could be a team anyone could be!

looks like a busy Friday for most, only home now myself.

;)

Are you happy enough with having a pairings list to work off? Have you any reservations with any we have struck through already and do you have any others that you don’t believe could be paired?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If this is the list
    Bounty & Green&Red - Very similar votes that have not resulted in lynches. could have saved digi on the first vote.
    Bounty & Strawberry - Can't remember why this one was
    Clarabel & Green Digi post
    Clarabel & Strawberry voted twice
    Green & Strawberry - has been a clear tunnel from greeen on strawbs
    Quickbeam & TheSkunk - 2 digi 5, very unlikely there's 2 bussers
    Quickbeam & Tusk - 2 digi 5, very unlikely there's 2 bussers
    TheSkunk & Tusk - 2 digi 5, very unlikely there's 2 bussers

Then I would agree with it in general. Not ruling out any of those as teams but they would be less likely.

I am maybe moreso thinking about finding one wolf first than a team in one go but if we get one then suddenly that list will be very helpful. For example if you flipped bad I would be looking at Tric as a partner out of those available, not that i'd rule out the others.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Here's a list of all of Clara's posts where "Triceratops" or "TB" are mentioned. Conclusion: it certainly isn't indicative of a team working together. Some of the posts are non-committal on her alignment, later, she does accuse of being a wolf. Nothing very strong though and nothing is indicative of ruling them out of being a team either, with some possible fingering (oooh!!) going on for show.

Clarabel wrote: »

Bad feeling about
    Triceratops
    Bad feeling about
    Triceratops
    Triceratops - no opinion
    To see if panic follows. But I'm okay with TB as an option
    TB I think is suspect and would happily vote here

This is her strongest statement against Triceratops:

Gut feel.
    TB I was wrong,, very wrong. Not new. More wolf, way more wolf now
    There's a lot of moving about here. Stawb, fixxxer, now tb.

What info does tb flipping good or bad give us.

As an aside, this is another good reason why use of nicknames is a bad idea - a quick search like this becomes impossible. I already had to use two search criteria. If sKeith's "dino" had also caught on we'd never be able to search for answers.

Gonna do vice versa now and see where Triceratops mentions Clara. That'll probably be my last post of the evening before beers (invite still open!) and will have parkrun (volunteering) in the morning so it'll be closer to midday tomorrow before I'm back on.

Wow, scary few posts coming up for Triceratops mentioning Clara. Firstly her infamous incomplete ISO list:

Next Level (players who've posted up to and around my level so far....spoiler alert this is as far as I've gotten)
    Clarabel - also "forgot about the game" asks a lot of questions, has submitted 2 different FFA's and voted twice both times for people not on her FFA

Any conversation didn't include Triceratops including Clara's name in the question as the search function didn't pick it up. Might be worth looking back to see what this was about:

we had a conversation about this 2 days ago Clara!! I asked you why you did it and you gave an explanation of it at the time!

Then this morning, an attack by Triceratops on Clara. But was it an attack or an "attack"??

Interesting, Clara did you not say you voted Kolido?
    You told Clara to some and ask you in the morning after munch, tbh I initially thought that was an indication she might be dead, but I guess you couldn't kill her after that slip up! Poor Pter knifed in the belly cos of a slip of the keys!!

Again, nothing definitive. But I could see a potential wolf team there.

I’ve read up to 800 in the posts of the game and noted all interactions and what not. I’m taking a break!

If this is the list

Then I would agree with it in general. Not ruling out any of those as teams but they would be less likely.

I am maybe moreso thinking about finding one wolf first than a team in one go but if we get one then suddenly that list will be very helpful. For example if you flipped bad I would be looking at Tric as a partner out of those available, not that i'd rule out the others.

I get that you’re voting me so look at it this way...,

I know that I’ll return villager but you don’t so either you can strike me of the list completely or, I am the list. Add in a villager will also be munched and the pairings will reduce considerably.

I don’t think the wolves like this plan of mine atall atall.

Finished Broadchurch btw. I was better at spotting the baddie there than here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Just back from town, I'm going to look at the lynch results and back through everyones posts that's left(not ISO, just read through and take notes of what stands out). I'm going to write a summary of what I think of each person. It's make or break time now and I feel I need to know who I can trust more so than others to help me make a decision tomorrow.

Second Friday night spent living it up playing WW, can't believe how long this game is going. The paranoia is real, it's starting to seep into my personal life to the point when people are saying things to me I'm questioning their intentions. God help me you big shower of b******s :pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

TheSkunk wrote: »

The paranoia is real, it's starting to seep into my personal life to the point when people are saying things to me I'm questioning their intentions. God help me you big shower of b******s :pac:

I haven't slept in days :eek:

I’ve just got to 1200 posts and skunks head was fried then.

I’m following Clarabel as she travels here, there and everywhere getting hardly any sleep and I know as I read on her week is getting busier.
    I just want to mother her by tucking her up on the sofa in a fleece blanket from Penney’s. I’ll light the stove, put a Disney movie on (Up would be a good one) and give her a mug of hot chocolate with mini marshmallows.

Nope. We want pitchforks! Keep your wits about you Strawbert!!!!!

Sssshhhh I’m lulling her into a false sense of security ;)

Clarabel

She wasn’t around for the first while, had to catch up on a lot. Questions SKs aggression, not convinced wolf or village. Says she votes for Duffman. FFAs Strawbs, Trit and Barney in same post. Then FFAs me and Strawbs. Votes Crosstown 1st and 2nd lynch then goes for Strawbs. Doesn’t think low posters are neccessarily wolves(potential protection of Digi?). Thinks higher posters will slip up. Doesn’t see SK as wolf. Has said thinks BH is good twice now.
    Necro wrote: »
    Player Name No. of Votes Voters
    kitten_k 3 tritium, Ectoplasm, sKeith
    Dublinandy2 3 Pter, Green&Red, duffman13
    sKeith 2 kitten_k, TheSkunk
    TheSkunk 2 quickbeam, tusk
    Kolido 2 crosstownk, Strawberry Milkshake
    Barney92 1 Digital Solitude
    fixxxer 1 Barney92
    Green&Red 1 fixxxer
    Pter 1 Dublinandy2
    duffman13 1 Triceratops Ballet
    Loughc 1 Kolido
    crosstownk 1 Clarabel
    Strawberry Milkshake 1 Bounty Hunter

Did Not Vote: Succubus_, Loughc

kitten_k lynched by virtue of last vote cast.

Is suspicious of Kolido and Cross after lynch. Agrees with Kolido on Strawbs offering herself up being strange. Unsure why I was cleared but leans village. Votes Cross, suspicious of everyone. Apologises for not being more helpful. Clears SK and Pter. Likes the idea of going after low level posters, better to keep talkers around. Says she tried to change to Digi at 21.01 as she thinks he’s a wolf, says it was a panic vote but she’s happy with voting Cross. Also thinks Strawbs is a wolf. This stands out as she was called out at the time for not voting for who she thought was a wolf in the first place. Also possibly panicked as she knew Digi would flip red. This is pretty big looking back! Barney tried to start a wagon with Strawbs and thought Clara was wolfie and then he got munched the next day.

Digital Solitude 5 quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk
    crosstownk 4 Clarabel, sKeith, Kolido, Triceratops Ballet
    Strawberry Milkshake 4 Green&Red, fixxxer, Bounty Hunter,Ectoplasm
    fixxxer 3 Strawberry Milkshake, duffman13, Barney92
    Bounty Hunter 1 Digital Solitude
    Kolido 1 crosstownk
    Did Not Vote 2 Loughc, Succubus_

Says she thought Strawbs and SK were wolves the night before. That doesn’t add up does it? Says she didn’t like the panic of trying to move votes away from Digi. So what if he was a low poster? Village leans BH, G&R, Pter. Places vote on Strawbs. Read list #1990. Doesn’t want to vote Fixxxer. Wants to know what info TB flip would give? Questions where the panic of lynching a wolf is. Wants to start G&R or Cross wagon. Puts vote on G&R and questions his following Digi5. Happy to move vote to Kolido. Ecto questions the “Digi” post, Ecto is munched the next day. Asks can we consider Strawbs(due to panic caused) or QB. She’s okay with TB being an option.
    sKeith wrote: »
    Player Name | No. of Votes | Voters
    sKeith|8|Bounty Hunter, fixxxer, quickbeam, pter, tusk, theskunk, dunlinandy, green&red
    fixxxer|4|ectoplasm, sKeith, Strawberry Milkshake, kolido
    Strawberry Milkshake | 1 | Clarabel

Did not vote|3|crosstownk, duffman13, tricerotops ballet

Questions QB thanking village death. FFAs me, Strawbs and Kolido. Asks why QB is clear? Asks who Ecto was targetting that got him killed? Stuck between Kolido, Strawbs and highly suspicious of QB. Offers herself up, wants to talk about herself.
    fixxxer 5 tusk, Strawberry Milkshake, Ectoplasm, Kolido, TheSkunk
    Kolido 4 Pter, Bounty Hunter, fixxxer, Green&Red
    Green&Red 2 Clarabel, Triceratops Ballet
    Triceratops Ballet 1 quickbeam
    Did Not Vote 2 crosstownk, duffman13

Says she voted for Kolido. Convinced she voted Kolido but happy with vote on Strawbs as she still thinks she’s a wolf. Still suspicious of QB.
    Kolido 3 tusk, Strawberry Milkshake, Triceratops Ballet
    Strawberry Milkshake 3 Clarabel, Bounty Hunter, Green&Red
    Triceratops Ballet 2 quickbeam, Pter
    Pter 1 TheSkunk
    Green&Red 1 Kolido

Kolido lynched on the basis of LAST VOTE CAST

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So the lack of interaction makes me feel like the wolves may be backrooming - are we on a good track here that's frightening them?

Just to reiterate guys I’m not backrooming, I’m on my stag, absolutely steam boats, having a great time

You get a pass. Have a goodun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I’ve just got to 1200 posts and skunks head was fried then.

I’m following Clarabel as she travels here, there and everywhere getting hardly any sleep and I know as I read on her week is getting busier.
    I just want to mother her by tucking her up on the sofa in a fleece blanket from Penney’s. I’ll light the stove, put a Disney movie on (Up would be a good one) and give her a mug of hot chocolate with mini marshmallows.

I'm still in the office and I've to go pack and get to BXL for 8am.

Thank you. I don't even feel pocketed.

• Advertisement

Sssshhhh I’m lulling her into a false sense of security ;)

What.....I can't even deal.
    I know I've messed up cause I'm not concentrating here.

Lol I jest, Clarabel, I jest :D

Clarabel

She wasn’t around for the first while, had to catch up on a lot. Questions SKs aggression, not convinced wolf or village. Says she votes for Duffman. FFAs Strawbs, Trit and Barney in same post. Then FFAs me and Strawbs. Votes Crosstown 1st and 2nd lynch then goes for Strawbs. Doesn’t think low posters are neccessarily wolves(potential protection of Digi?). Thinks higher posters will slip up. Doesn’t see SK as wolf. Has said thinks BH is good twice now.

Is suspicious of Kolido and Cross after lynch. Agrees with Kolido on Strawbs offering herself up being strange. Unsure why I was cleared but leans village. Votes Cross, suspicious of everyone. Apologises for not being more helpful. Clears SK and Pter. Likes the idea of going after low level posters, better to keep talkers around. Says she tried to change to Digi at 21.01 as she thinks he’s a wolf, says it was a panic vote but she’s happy with voting Cross. Also thinks Strawbs is a wolf. This stands out as she was called out at the time for not voting for who she thought was a wolf in the first place. Also possibly panicked as she knew Digi would flip red. This is pretty big looking back! Barney tried to start a wagon with Strawbs and thought Clara was wolfie and then he got munched the next day.

Says she thought Strawbs and SK were wolves the night before. That doesn’t add up does it? Says she didn’t like the panic of trying to move votes away from Digi. So what if he was a low poster? Village leans BH, G&R, Pter. Places vote on Strawbs. Read list #1990. Doesn’t want to vote Fixxxer. Wants to know what info TB flip would give? Questions where the panic of lynching a wolf is. Wants to start G&R or Cross wagon. Puts vote on G&R and questions his following Digi5. Happy to move vote to Kolido. Ecto questions the “Digi” post, Ecto is munched the next day. Asks can we consider Strawbs(due to panic caused) or QB. She’s okay with TB being an option.

Questions QB thanking village death. FFAs me, Strawbs and Kolido. Asks why QB is clear? Asks who Ecto was targetting that got him killed? Stuck between Kolido, Strawbs and highly suspicious of QB. Offers herself up, wants to talk about herself.

Says she voted for Kolido. Convinced she voted Kolido but happy with vote on Strawbs as she still thinks she’s a wolf. Still suspicious of QB.
    That's mental reading that. I'll try reply on the train in the morning but I'm also gonna try sleep

Triceratops Balltet

Wasn’t around much or posting game related until day1 as she stated. First game post she suspects Clara and Duffman. Places vote on Duff. Questions Clara on FFAs not matching votes.
    kitten_k 3 tritium, Ectoplasm, sKeith
    Dublinandy2 3 Pter, Green&Red, duffman13
    sKeith 2 kitten_k, TheSkunk
    TheSkunk 2 quickbeam, tusk
    Kolido 2 crosstownk, Strawberry Milkshake
    Barney92 1 Digital Solitude
    fixxxer 1 Barney92
    Green&Red 1 fixxxer
    Pter 1 Dublinandy2
    duffman13 1 Triceratops Ballet
    Loughc 1 Kolido
    crosstownk 1 Clarabel
    Strawberry Milkshake 1 Bounty Hunter

Did Not Vote: Succubus_, Loughc

kitten_k lynched by virtue of last vote cast.

RIP Trit. Responds to SK about BH not telling her what to do. Says BH was needling her over low posting. Doesn’t want to wagon due to not having enough information. Says she’d rather not vote but will as it’d be sh!tty to mods but will be ill informed choice. Asks why Strawbs, Digi and Fixxxer being thrown around? Understands Digi as he hasn’t been around. Questions QB on lynching Fixxxer, is it enough to make him a wolf? Doesn’t know enough to lynch Fixxxer so will flip between Digi and Crosstown. Votes Cross instead of Digi. Feels better than lynching a posting villager(Think Cross was potential modkill no?)
    Digital Solitude 5 quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk
    crosstownk 4 Clarabel, sKeith, Kolido, Triceratops Ballet
    Strawberry Milkshake 4 Green&Red, fixxxer, Bounty Hunter,Ectoplasm
    fixxxer 3 Strawberry Milkshake, duffman13, Barney92
    Bounty Hunter 1 Digital Solitude
    Kolido 1 crosstownk
    Did Not Vote 2 Loughc, Succubus_

Wasn’t around due to family stuff.
    sKeith wrote: »
    Player Name | No. of Votes | Voters
    sKeith|8|Bounty Hunter, fixxxer, quickbeam, pter, tusk, theskunk, dunlinandy, green&red
    fixxxer|4|ectoplasm, sKeith, Strawberry Milkshake, kolido
    Strawberry Milkshake | 1 | Clarabel

Did not vote|3|crosstownk, duffman13, tricerotops ballet

Responds to BH questioning those who went against Digi5 vote. Says she didn’t go against them. She did eenie meenie minie moe to choose between Cross and Digi. Puts vote in for G&R due to not liking his misinterpretation of her posts. Admits she hasn’t done anything spectacular for the village. Says if she was a wolf it would have been easy to jump on Digi wagon. Questions overlap between Digi lynch and SK lynch. Did anyone push for him and not vote? Thinks wolves would have wanted SK dead. Believes FFAs give wolves wagon information. Suggests doing around lunchtime to lessen window for wolf wagon. Thinks she’s a scapegoat as she’s a low poster.
    fixxxer 5 tusk, Strawberry Milkshake, Ectoplasm, Kolido, TheSkunk
    Kolido 4 Pter, Bounty Hunter, fixxxer, Green&Red
    Green&Red 2 Clarabel, Triceratops Ballet
    Triceratops Ballet 1 quickbeam
    Did Not Vote 2 crosstownk, duffman13

Questions Clara voting for Kolido? Suspects QB of being the wolf. Says she has told G&R wolves bus each other. Questions why QB is still alive due to her being a good player? Questions Clara again about Kolido vote?
    Kolido 3 tusk, Strawberry Milkshake, Triceratops Ballet
    Strawberry Milkshake 3 Clarabel, Bounty Hunter, Green&Red
    Triceratops Ballet 2 quickbeam, Pter
    Pter 1 TheSkunk
    Green&Red 1 Kolido

Kolido lynched on the basis of LAST VOTE CAST

I’m drunk!!!

Is that hard to follow?

You tell the truth when you’re drunk so spill!

quickbeam wrote: »
    I’m drunk!!!

Niceeeee, tell us your alignment while you're loosey goosey ;)

Is that hard to follow?

Nope I can follow.

• Advertisement

nice work Skunk. Don't know if it's enough to point a rigid finger though :(

Advertisement