Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Apart from yourself (which is to be expected tbh) is there anything you would change from my read list above and the order it’s in?
    I'm warming to strawberry is what I was trying to say. QB I'm cooling to. Otherwise I'm similar to you.

Okay I'm gone again. No more sneaky reading the thread for a while.

Just one more thing, bounty. If you are so adamant I am a wolf and I’m assuming that you’ll be voting for me later, why are you not moving forward with your wolf hunting.

You say you’re a villager, right? So a villager doesn’t know for sure who’s good and considering it’s blatantly obvious that I couldn’t be paired with you or green, why wouldn’t you be checking the possibility of me being paired with , QB, skunk or tusk? Even your pairing me with TB or Clarabel is built from nothing.

Clarabel wrote: »
    Who has not contributed to it? As in who hasn't offered evidence or suggestions on it? Even to try rule themselves out

Have a peruse since I suggested around lunchtime yesterday. There’s not actually many posts but some like skunks are just long reads. You should be able to spot who has or hasn’t easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

After going through Bounty Hunters posts last night I will say I’m leaning village on him. Throughout I’ve kind of found him to be a voice of reason and reading back over i would agree with that statement. I like how he questioned why people were looking at Fixxxer and Kolido and wanted people to back up their claims. Can’t see a wolf doing that initially to be honest. He could have just left everyone to their own devices and not drawn that attention to himself.

His post this morning too about people speaking out this morning stood out to me and I feel well and truly pocketed but in a good way! :o

While I believe both BH and Strawbs to be village I think the two of you should set aside your differences for today. There’s another wolf out there and if we can find them together today it will make finding the last one so much easier.

It’s clear you both have different opinions on how to get information but the end result you’re both after appears to be the same and that’s why I like the both of you.

BH reading your posts I noticed you said G&R has had a lot of the same feeling as you have about Strawbs. I felt the same around the time of the SK lynch. Like he had started saying things I thought before about him which kind of validated the feelings I had about him that someone else felt that way. Could it be that’s what’s happened with Strawbs? That G&R feeling the same had validated your believing she’s a wolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Strawberry, tusk and Skunk have put in a huge amount of effort.

I take zero credit for any of the heavy lifting. If anything I've been super lazy.

Bounty, your list reads pretty fine for me. I need to figure out where you sit. But at the moment my #ffa is strawbs, tb, and Clara.

Also skunk, and qb, I still have a little niggle about you guys, so if you turn out wolfy, I'd like to congratulate you on a game well played.

From what I remember, strawbs only started heavily contributing with the in depth reads and isos after she was spared the chopping block?

• Advertisement

tusk wrote: »
    I take zero credit for any of the heavy lifting. If anything I've been super lazy.

Bounty, your list reads pretty fine for me. I need to figure out where you sit. But at the moment my #ffa is strawbs, tb, and Clara.

Also skunk, and qb, I still have a little niggle about you guys, so if you turn out wolfy, I'd like to congratulate you on a game well played.

From what I remember, strawbs only started heavily contributing with the in depth reads and isos after she was spared the chopping block?

Tusk can you go back and look into that Strawbs claim? I’m in work today so won’t have time to go back over her or QB.

Are we voting blind today btw? I feel we should be voting as a group but can also understand how two wolves could manipulate it. I’m a bit torn on what we should do today. Thoughts anyone?

When the threads busy with lots of players I glaze over reading post after post after post. There’s too much noise. Probably the reason i tunneled poor Kolido. Sorry :(

I’m more comfortable with less people around as I can scroll through the pages looking for those players or mentions of those players. It’s just how I do things.

I’m keeping my vote to myself tonight. I’ll let you know who it is after 9.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Can I pipe up?

Your reads list is full of “I thinks”. Where is your evidence to back up your thoughts?

Is a read list not your opinion of each person and in this case one put in a specific order from least to most Wolfy? Sounds to me like somewhere people would would write what they think in each case.

If anyone has evidence someone is a wolf of course they should say so. If I could prove you are one I’d do so instead of saying I think. Definitives are dangerous in a game like this however for instance even your asking me before if I cleared the Digi 5 before R&G or after is both a dangerous definitive and wrong. Nobody should be nor were cleared by me- I stated at the time that I thought they are less likely to be bad based off that action fact that Digi was not the front runner for the lynch and wolves would therefore have been less likely to have jumped onto and unnecessarily lynched one of their own at the time.

Not saying it’s not possible but yes saying it made those who caught the only wolf the village has caught less wolfy to me. Suggesting people have cleared players when they haven’t or when there isn’t evidence to (use your word above ) to clear people could paint someone in a bad light.

Friday is my busiest work day, was at a movie festival after and again today (Breaking Habits was the movie - not as good as it seemed it’d be but not bad) plus had someone install a new A/C unit and I’m now out bra shopping etc (ugh) and on my phone with the missus so sorry if I wasn’t wolf hunting as much as you’d like the past day since you got on hunting team mates.

I really think the two of you are on the same side and barking up the wrong tree, it’s like watching your parents fight :( Just think, the two of you are tearing each other to shreds and everyone else is staying quiet. Does that not say something? Granted it’s only 12 on a Saturday but I’d be keeping an eye on anyone who doesn’t engage today and leaves you both to your own devices.

I’ve just put in a placeholder vote for transparency. To be decided if I’ll change or post who on thread during my lunch.

• Advertisement

TheSkunk wrote: »
    After going through Bounty Hunters posts last night I will say I’m leaning village on him. Throughout I’ve kind of found him to be a voice of reason and reading back over i would agree with that statement. I like how he questioned why people were looking at Fixxxer and Kolido and wanted people to back up their claims. Can’t see a wolf doing that initially to be honest. He could have just left everyone to their own devices and not drawn that attention to himself.

His post this morning too about people speaking out this morning stood out to me and I feel well and truly pocketed but in a good way! :o

While I believe both BH and Strawbs to be village I think the two of you should set aside your differences for today. There’s another wolf out there and if we can find them together today it will make finding the last one so much easier.

It’s clear you both have different opinions on how to get information but the end result you’re both after appears to be the same and that’s why I like the both of you.

BH reading your posts I noticed you said G&R has had a lot of the same feeling as you have about Strawbs. I felt the same around the time of the SK lynch. Like he had started saying things I thought before about him which kind of validated the feelings I had about him that someone else felt that way. Could it be that’s what’s happened with Strawbs? That G&R feeling the same had validated your believing she’s a wolf?

If someone spots something to suggest someone else in the village is a wolf I’m not going to rubbish it just because it’s not Strawbs they are on. Even if it’s Strawbs herself making the case as long as it’s valid then I’ll not have issue.

I voted for her before R&G made his post about suspecting her and did say at the time that it echoed many of the reasons I voted for her even suggesting I almost felt pocketed. I would not say that his opinion of her validated my own as I don’t know if he’s good or bad but I do think she’s bad and if she flipped bad I’d def have him way more villagers than most based off it. As is though he is bang smack in the middle of my reads list

I really think the two of you are on the same side and barking up the wrong tree, it’s like watching your parents fight :( Just think, the two of you are tearing each other to shreds and everyone else is staying quiet. Does that not say something? Granted it’s only 12 on a Saturday but I’d be keeping an eye on anyone who doesn’t engage today and leaves you both to your own devices.

I’ve just put in a placeholder vote for transparency. To be decided if I’ll change or post who on thread during my lunch.

Appreciate being in your village group but I’m more interested in who you’re leaning wolf. Even if it’s not Strawbs as like you have said there is another wolf and I’d like to get them talking

Be on later, the other half is out of the fitting room and I am back to totally being interested in buying some driftwood for an ornament or a doormat she didn’t think we needed when at ikea last week :pac:

Appreciate being in your village group but I’m more interested in who you’re leaning wolf. Even if it’s not Strawbs as like you have said there is another wolf and I’d like to get them talking

Basing this off voting after doing my reads list last night.

TB said she flipped between Digi and Crosstown(Cross was potential modkill as far as I remember) and placed last vote on Cross which I think was trying to save Digi from the lynch after myself and Tusk said we’d voted for him.

She voted for G&R on 3rd lynch, we done FFAs and I know Green was on my radar that night and could have been lynched if enough people went with him so was she trying to join a wagon to take out a potential villager?

She got the last vote in on Kolido which I think was done on purpose, also didn’t declare at the time.

Based on the above and her posts yesterday at QB I think she’s a wolf. Your move TB.

100% agree with this. In the early game it was less distracting as it was causing conversation. But now it's getting out of hand and even if he is village I think he's causing more harm than good.

Will stick a vote on him once I'm off my phone.

Interested to see what will his reaction be to me doing this?

Bounty/Tusk - I have this as your first ever interaction on the thread. You've done reads on each other and that. I don't want to misrepresent you both so if you think you have spoken before this, will you let me know?

Ta :) x

ps: am I two thirds of the way through yet?

Bounty/Tusk - I have this as your first ever interaction on the thread. You've done reads on each other and that. I don't want to misrepresent you both so if you think you have spoken before this, will you let me know?

This was brought up before by Skeith. Afaik we've not really had any interactions, so that could be all.

sKeith wrote: »
    Just his posts, have you two done any 1 on 1?
    Just his posts. That's basically the whole game. I have agreed with a good proportion of his posts. I like how he calls out specific things and actions and how he has backed up his thoughts with evidence.

I don't think we've interacted directly. but I could be wrong.

Is ok. Asked and answered ;)

I’m keeping my vote to myself tonight. I’ll let you know who it is after 9.

I'm assuming it's me anyway.
    Basing this off voting after doing my reads list last night.

TB said she flipped between Digi and Crosstown(Cross was potential modkill as far as I remember) and placed last vote on Cross which I think was trying to save Digi from the lynch after myself and Tusk said we’d voted for him.

She voted for G&R on 3rd lynch, we done FFAs and I know Green was on my radar that night and could have been lynched if enough people went with him so was she trying to join a wagon to take out a potential villager?

She got the last vote in on Kolido which I think was done on purpose, also didn’t declare at the time.

Based on the above and her posts yesterday at QB I think she’s a wolf. Your move TB.

I had TB down as no.2 on my list so the above makes sense. I had also noted her last vote on Kolido that seemingly sealed his fate (and saved Strawbs).

In relation to not interacting much with Tusk, I've not had much to call Tusk out on as Tusk themselves I think said they were allowing others to do the ground work before and following their lead / commenting on their opinions. As the game went on I think she/he (can't remember) got more into the swing of things though. Not standing out and then being one of the Digi5 lead to me not really suspecting Tusk but nobody is clear

Vote placed just now.

Vote placed just now.

For Clarity sake I voted around the time of my first few posts this morning.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Maybe the wolves are taking the game title seriously and staying "Silent"???

:)

I'll caveat that I'm super new to this and don't know the intricacies of different game rules and transparency etc.

But.... Is it possible that wolves could have been given a post count limit per day different to villagers in order to play on the title of the game, or am I just outside my damn mind?

It would be a stroke of genius by game creators and an interesting experiment.

I'll caveat that I'm super new to this and don't know the intricacies of different game rules and transparency etc.

But.... Is it possible that wolves could have been given a post count limit per day different to villagers in order to play on the title of the game, or am I just outside my damn mind?

It would be a stroke of genius by game creators and an interesting experiment.

It could be and I did wonder the same as QB back when we had so many silent players but I don't expect that to be the case.

Player Name | No. of Posts | Percentage
    TB | 82 |4.80%
    clara | 157 |9.19%
    BH | 173 |10.13%
    Skunk | 175 |10.25%
    GnR | 215 | 12.59%
    Tusk | 282 |16.51%
    strawbs | 308 | 18.03%
    QB | 316 |18.50%

Look at me! I learned tables!!!

Currently at 2400 posts and I’m taking a break.

FWIW, I also can’t see green and skunk as a pairing as skunk has had him as dodge before Keith was lynched and was still finding him dodgy the next morning. I won’t knock off list unless there’s some agreement to do so.

Player Name | No. of Posts | Percentage
    TB | 82 |4.80%
    clara | 157 |9.19%
    BH | 173 |10.13%
    Skunk | 175 |10.25%
    GnR | 215 | 12.59%
    Tusk | 282 |16.51%
    strawbs | 308 | 18.03%
    QB | 316 |18.50%

Look at me! I learned tables!!!

You learn something new everyday. I think I have passed Skunk since then but not being around due to time difference in the build up to lynch and instead being around at like 5am tend to mean I miss heavy times of posting so she should pass me out again today.

I've changed my vote so that potentially it's not an outlier vote

I've changed my vote so that potentially it's not an outlier vote

But nobody has declared?

But nobody has declared?

I'm following others really. I'm happy to declare if that's the group consensus

Vote who you think is a wolf not who others do. If your a villager remember the people you are following in the village may be wolves, have your own opinion not potentially theirs. It does make you easier to analyze after votes too but if your good that should not be an issue.

• Advertisement

It's posts like this that had you no.3 in my FFA. I don't have a vote in on you but have an opinion cos a wolf would be happy to just go along with consensus on thread and not stand out.

Advertisement