Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Clarabel

Clara, Digi and TB were all outlier votes 1st lynch.

Clara 1st vote on Cross, TB jumped on wagon to try save Digi. Could it be Digi didn’t also jump on wagon as it would draw too much attention to three wolves on a village flip? Says she tried to change to Digi at 21.01 as she thinks he’s a wolf, says it was a panic vote but she’s happy with voting Cross. Also thinks Strawbs is a wolf. This stands out as she was called out at the time for not voting for who she thought was a wolf in the first place. Also possibly panicked as she knew Digi would flip red. This is pretty big looking back! Barney tried to start a wagon with Strawbs and thought Clara was wolfie and then he got munched the next day. Says she thought Strawbs and SK were wolves the night before. That doesn’t add up does it? Says she didn’t like the panic of trying to move votes away from Digi. So what if he was a low poster? Wants to know what info TB flip would give? Ecto questions the “Digi” post, Ecto is munched the next day. Asks who Ecto was targetting that got him killed?

Clara outlier vote on Strawbs, TB doesn’t vote. Wolves laying low after the last vote?

Clara and TB both vote G&R the night we stopped declaring votes. Would two wolves put two votes on a potential village flip? Said she voted for Kolido. Possibly because she didn’t want to be connected to TB.

Clara first vote on Strawbs, TB last and deciding vote on Kolidos faith.

Clara votes TB, would a wolf vote another wolf when it could be close? Said she changed vote so her first one wasn’t an outlier vote. What does this mean? Smoke screen perhaps?
    Fairly active today, comes on and shades Tusk and QB straight away. She had said she was warming to Strawbs, did she munch her to throw shade on QB after her interaction last night with Strawbs? Especially after Strawbs voted QB. Things that Clara came on to point out today.

I copied bits from my read list I done on her which stood out to me when reading back over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'd like to hear where QB, Tusk and the Skunk are today?

Screw it, take my unpolished notes. Gives people more time to respond anyway.

Green&Red

I had been on him for awhile but was happy to move off him. He voted Andy in 1st lynch after trying to start a bandwagon. Digi and TB were both outlier votes so did he try to created bandwagon so he could hide in votes? Pter called him out on rowing back on Andy and he reiterated what he said he didn’t(1st time this happened)

Votes Strawbs in 2nd lynch. G&R wasn’t around when myself and Tusk went with Digi and wasn’t happy when he saw what happened, our votes were the ones that got Digi to the finishing line over the Strawbs and Crosstown wagons that Green and TB were on. Did Green start Strawbs wagon? Two wolves wouldn’t vote the same person to lynch a villager as it would be too suspicious. Comes up with Digi5. Says he’ll vote with them(easy wagoning)

Votes SK in 3rd lynch. Last vote in, voted with Digi5, another wagon? Had started throwing shade on SK after Digi lynch. Rowed back and and when Ecto called him out he reiterated what he said the night before(2nd time this happened) These posts were what flipped SK back for me as G&R said a lot of things I had thought about SK before I leaned village on him. ISOs TB, says enough to make her suspicious. Also puts her on his bad feeling about list.

Votes Kolido in 4th lynch. One of two wagons to choose from, either K or Fixxxer. TB votes for G&R.

Votes Strawbs in 5th lynch. TB votes Kolido killing him with last vote. They both got last votes in so could be they were happy to get either villager.

Votes Clarabel in 6th lynch. Said he voted TB, made a mistake. TB votes G&R.

Overall there are things that raise alarm bells. Could it be that G&R were bussing each other? Green questioned TB a couple of times and her voting him raises suspicions. Especially the night before Strawbs was munched and he had been tunneling her nearly the whole game. Was it a case of munch Strawbs as she was never going to be mislynched and throw shade on BH and QB by doing so? But then there’s also posts I read of G&Rs that don’t add up with the above information. Is it enough to lynch?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Green&Red wrote: »
    I'd like to hear where QB, Tusk and the Skunk are today?

Dithering.
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Having slept on it, I’m tentatively back leaning on Clara. No vote cast yet though.

Quickbeam

QB first vote on TB, TB votes G&R. Did she know at this point others would vote for TB this time? Did she vote TB those three times as she knew nobody else was looking closely into her? Look at the amount of villagers we mislynched, they didn’t even have to lift a finger. Then they had their little spat yesterday before TB was lynched which I said at the time could be a potential bus. QB of the Digi5 even more cleared now after TBs lynch. Nobody will question her now and she’s right on the way to winning.

I feel like she’s gotten in a couple of shadey posts on me which were inaccurate and immediately set my alarm bells off. Like when she quoted SK wolf reading me but didn’t provide the post where he placed me as a villager. Then today with the TB posts, made me really paranoid both times so unsure whether that’s clouding my judgement but just have this little sick feeling when I think of her. I have another thing at the back of my head but don’t think I can post it as it might considered meta gaming.

I’ve never played a game with QB though and also think it’s a mix of the above and fear of the unkown.

As for Tusk and BH.

Tusk to me I’ve had as villager for awhile now. I just feel like we’ve had a lot of the same thoughts and his posts read as really genuine. After I initially had suspicions of him he hasn’t given me any reason to doubt him and each move he’s made makes me more confident in him being village.

Bounty Hunter as said I always quite liked his posts when he did post. They had a very villagery vibe and even when him and Strawbs were after each other I said the two of them were village and still believe that even after Strawbs was munched. I feel like that was such a tactical move in more ways than one.

To be honest if either of them two turn out to be the remaining wolf I think I’ll be a little heartbroken :(

• Advertisement

@Skunk you’re post there reminded me of the strategy I had of voting with the Digi5

Knowing what you now know does it not look like a better strategy at this stage? For me you three are clear, we’re down to BH, Clarabel and myself.

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Quickbeam

QB first vote on TB, TB votes G&R. Did she know at this point others would vote for TB this time? Did she vote TB those three times as she knew nobody else was looking closely into her? Look at the amount of villagers we mislynched, they didn’t even have to lift a finger. Then they had their little spat yesterday before TB was lynched which I said at the time could be a potential bus. QB of the Digi5 even more cleared now after TBs lynch. Nobody will question her now and she’s right on the way to winning.

I don’t have my spreadsheet in front of me, so not really sure which day it was, but it was the day of my first voting for Triceratops. I initially needled her because she wasn’t contributing. I wanted to get her talking and it worked. I think I had a placeholder in at that stage on someone else, Kolido maybe? going off memory here. I do know (because I saw it when ISOing Clara yesterday, so it’s fresh in my head) that with about 40 minutes to lynch I switched to Triceratops. I hadn’t been happy with her responses during the day. I gave plenty of time for others to join me. This wasn’t a half-assed two-minutes-to-lynch token-vote. I can’t say I was sure then she was a wolf but she was my best guess and wanted others to join me. Clara even said she could get on board with it. But never did. Interestingly.

Also, @Skunk, if you’re unsure mods will advise you if something is meta.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

My list remains the same.

I'm happy completely clearing the Digi 5 voters based on my posts yesterday. Clara was on the way too, but recent posts have halted that move. I need to review and reassess. I'll pop a placeholder in once I get to work.

On the bus now and I get travel sick, so I need to be careful lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Clarabel

Clara, Digi and TB were all outlier votes 1st lynch.

Clara 1st vote on Cross, TB jumped on wagon to try save Digi. Could it be Digi didn’t also jump on wagon as it would draw too much attention to three wolves on a village flip? Says she tried to change to Digi at 21.01 as she thinks he’s a wolf, says it was a panic vote but she’s happy with voting Cross. Also thinks Strawbs is a wolf. This stands out as she was called out at the time for not voting for who she thought was a wolf in the first place. Also possibly panicked as she knew Digi would flip red. This is pretty big looking back! Barney tried to start a wagon with Strawbs and thought Clara was wolfie and then he got munched the next day. Says she thought Strawbs and SK were wolves the night before. That doesn’t add up does it? Says she didn’t like the panic of trying to move votes away from Digi. So what if he was a low poster? Wants to know what info TB flip would give? Ecto questions the “Digi” post, Ecto is munched the next day. Asks who Ecto was targetting that got him killed?

Clara outlier vote on Strawbs, TB doesn’t vote. Wolves laying low after the last vote?

Clara and TB both vote G&R the night we stopped declaring votes. Would two wolves put two votes on a potential village flip? Said she voted for Kolido. Possibly because she didn’t want to be connected to TB.

Clara first vote on Strawbs, TB last and deciding vote on Kolidos faith.

Clara votes TB, would a wolf vote another wolf when it could be close? Said she changed vote so her first one wasn’t an outlier vote. What does this mean? Smoke screen perhaps?
    Fairly active today, comes on and shades Tusk and QB straight away. She had said she was warming to Strawbs, did she munch her to throw shade on QB after her interaction last night with Strawbs? Especially after Strawbs voted QB. Things that Clara came on to point out today.

I copied bits from my read list I done on her which stood out to me when reading back over.

Look at it this why. If I was a wolf team why would I vote twice with another wolf. There were so many players and other outliers that it wasn't wouldn't be necessary to vote together like that. If anything I'd want to distance myself from TB.

The vote on strawbs , at the time many people suspected her. As did I. So I voted her.

But the important bit is....I don't see why wolves would vote together when there so many other players to hide in.

tusk wrote: »
    On the bus now and I get travel sick, so I need to be careful lol
    Euw. Me too. I use the travel bands

I've decided I'm not going to entertain the possibility of a digi 5 wolf. As far as I'm concerned, they (including me) have all done enough to get a lock clear from me. If one of them is wolf, then it's been the greatest con since Trump, and while I'll be very impressed, I will hate everyone and myself more than I've hated anything in my life :P and the wolves have won, because there's no way the village votes out the three of us before the game ends...

So the only potential groups are as follows:
    • Clarabel & Triceratops & Digi
    • Green&Red & Triceratops & Digi
    • Bounty Hunter & Triceratops & Digi

Honestly, even with my posts yesterday about bussing, I can't shake that it's got to be Clara. Hopefully I'll have some time throughout the day to nip in and out, but for now, my vote is cast. I'm hoping there's some conversation through the day that can help clear things up, but if not. God Speed fellow FBIers

I don’t have my spreadsheet in front of me, so not really sure which day it was, but it was the day of my first voting for Triceratops. I initially needled her because she wasn’t contributing. I wanted to get her talking and it worked. I think I had a placeholder in at that stage on someone else, Kolido maybe? going off memory here. I do know (because I saw it when ISOing Clara yesterday, so it’s fresh in my head) that with about 40 minutes to lynch I switched to Triceratops. I hadn’t been happy with her responses during the day. I gave plenty of time for others to join me. This wasn’t a half-assed two-minutes-to-lynch token-vote. I can’t say I was sure then she was a wolf but she was my best guess and wanted others to join me. Clara even said she could get on board with it. But never did. Interestingly.

Okay, just checked back.  It was last Tuesday, 14th May that I started to needle Triceratops.

And, the reason I changed my vote to her at 20:21 was because the thread was too quiet. There had been four posts between 9pm and my announcement of my vote change, three of which were mine and one was Ecto's. It's not always, but it's often a sure sign that a villager is up for the chop and wolves just sit back and let it unfold (in this case Fixxxer and Kolido). So I stirred things up.

Posts in the immediate aftermath (say, first ten minutes) of my announcement:
    Ecto (villager)
    Clara (unknown)
    Kolido (villager)

Interestingly, Triceratops herself didn't post to defend herself.

Slow day in here today

I've my vote placed, sober this time!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The bit that has me most confused is the Strawbs munch as logically (and I think G&R will actually agree but with our names reversed) G&R is by far the most logical choice as all the others were involved in a wolfs death and I know I’m good but...

The wolf needs us to mislynch twice to win and Killing Strawbs would make it him or me most likely for first lynch if people believe nobody had bussed anyone. If people do believe that then surely killing Strawbs would be a very poor move by wolf G&R as even if I was killed next he would be a clear favorite to then be killed.

Okay, just checked back.  It was last Tuesday, 14th May that I started to needle Triceratops.

And, the reason I changed my vote to her at 20:21 was because the thread was too quiet. There had been four posts between 9pm and my announcement of my vote change, three of which were mine and one was Ecto's. It's not always, but it's often a sure sign that a villager is up for the chop and wolves just sit back and let it unfold (in this case Fixxxer and Kolido). So I stirred things up.

Bah! 8pm of course I meant!

Just to compare, the previous night, when sKeith got lynched there were 14 posts between 8pm and 8.21pm (no wolves up in that lynch, votes only on sKeith, Strawbs and fixxxer, all now confirmed as wolves).

17 posts between 8pm and 8.21pm the night Digi got lynched.

The bit that has me most confused is the Strawbs munch as logically (and I think G&R will actually agree but with our names reversed) G&R is by far the most logical choice as all the others were involved in a wolfs death and I know I’m good but...

The wolf needs us to mislynch twice to win and Killing Strawbs would make it him or me most likely for first lynch if people believe nobody had bussed anyone. If people do believe that then surely killing Strawbs would be a very poor move by wolf G&R as even if I was killed next he would be a clear favorite to then be killed.

For this reason although logic has me still slightly on the G&R side of the fence I am getting increasingly worried about wolf Clara playing a great game and bussing one teammate (doubt someone would bus two and TB suggesting there was a wolf in the Digi5 makes me think there wasn’t

This is a point I made earlier, I don't see a world where Wolf G&R would kill of Strawbs, I had gone too hard at her and I think I could have persuaded a few more to come with me.
    But that logic also fits for BH, reading back we're nearly identical in our game play. So maybe I am being pocketed and if Clara does turn green then I'll be all over him tomorrow and vica versa I'd imagine. It'll really come down to a coin toss

Green&Red wrote: »
    This is a point I made earlier, I don't see a world where Wolf G&R would kill of Strawbs, I had gone too hard at her and I think I could have persuaded a few more to come with me.
    But that logic also fits for BH, reading back we're nearly identical in our game play. So maybe I am being pocketed and if Clara does turn green then I'll be all over him tomorrow and vica versa I'd imagine. It'll really come down to a coin toss

I get you focusing on me, after all I admitted im still leaning towards you but be it myself or yourself would a wolf really make this play.

Hope they can get the village to turn on someone who just voted out a wolf so that they could be left with a 50/50 (im not sure what the village would use to differentiate between us) chance of surviving.

When they could have left Strawbs live, had at least 2 equally uncleared villagers instead of 1 to go against and they could still try to turn people against the likes of Clara.

• Advertisement

Okay while I'm here.

When I turn green.....
    Then by your logic it's between GnR and BH BUT both using the same logic.

Maybe your logic is wrong. Look back at strawberrybaby lists. I am convinced she was munched because her list contains the truth. Please please go back and consider this if you lynch me.

I get you focusing on me, after all I admitted im still leaning towards you but be it myself or yourself would a wolf really make this play.

Hope they can get the village to turn on someone who just voted out a wolf so that they could be left with a 50/50 (im not sure what the village would use to differentiate between us) chance of surviving.

When they could have left Strawbs live, had at least 2 equally uncleared villagers instead of 1 to go against and they could still try to turn people against the likes of Clara.

I'm back to thinking it's neither of you and I know it's not me. So.... Digi 5

But that TB post is odd, why direct us that way

Clarabel wrote: »
    I'm back to thinking it's neither of you and I know it's not me. So.... Digi 5

But that TB post is odd, why direct us that way

Can you expand on whats making you think that?

From strawberry

Although I can't be 100% I don't think these are a pair unless there's been long term bussing.

Bounty & Triceratops - Bounty has had TB on his FFAs continuously and always mentioning team with me. Had her bad leaning.

Green & Triceratops - On his FFAs and wolf reads continuosly

Quickbeam & Triceratops - QB calling her out and votes last couple of phases could have led to a bandwagon on TB

I've removed the pairs not possible but that's straight from strawbs

Her likely pairs were
    TB and skunk
    TB and tusk

Both of Digi 5, there was a late vote on what I believe was a very fast sinking TB ship.

I don't think clearing the digi5 tri4/3 is valid at all

Now I get she'd ruled me out and I understand why you think it's me. But I'd like to play next stage now. If you gonna vote me off I'd like to help now.

I've removed the pairs not possible but that's straight from strawbs

Her likely pairs were
    TB and skunk
    TB and tusk

Both of Digi 5, there was a late vote on what I believe was a very fast sinking TB ship.

I don't think clearing the digi5 tri4/3 is valid at all

Now I get she'd ruled me out and I understand why you think it's me. But I'd like to play next stage now. If you gonna vote me off I'd like to help now.

Thats great. Same as myself tbh as I have just kind gone the opposite way and perhaps to my own detriment cleared the Digi3 more so by highlighting TB trying to push the notion of a wolf being among the original 5 and how she probably wouldn't do so if her teamate was there. I'm still team village but it puts more focus on myself, you and G&R but it's out there and imo needed focus drawn to it. As a result at least you seem to understand me suspecting you a bit more. If I could find similar to clear myself (or anyone else I suppose) i'd love to.

Think we need those Digi3 to chime in though as I am split between the only two options I see a reason for in G&R or Clara. NOt really wanting to vote either with G&R probably the more obvious choice but Clara making a bit more sense with the Strawbs death that would want people pushed on to me or G&R as she got a bit more confirmed after TBs flip.

Think we need those Digi3 to chime in though as I am split between the only two options I see a reason for in G&R or Clara. NOt really wanting to vote either with G&R probably the more obvious choice but Clara making a bit more sense with the Strawbs death that would want people pushed on to me or G&R as she got a bit more confirmed after TBs flip.

I voted Clara. My post above about who responded when I said I’d vote Triceratops the first time is what decided me. It’s not the best logic but it’s all I have.

I voted Clara. My post above about who responded when I said I’d vote Triceratops the first time is what decided me. It’s not the best logic but it’s all I have.

I actually haven't voted but given the time difference I will have done so soon and well before any jumping about in the votes can occur that I again will not be participating in.

Do you not want to talk about the choices and what happens when I flip green?

• Advertisement

Clara you say it was a very fast sinking ship , but previously you've said it wasn't clear that tb was going down.

You my friend are the wolf

Advertisement