Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Tusk. Voted last, potentially a sinking ship.

QB - strawbs voted here, but didn't think she was a pair with TB. It's a perfect bus to state TB and go after her to ensure a wolf win. As in if they decided early if QB busses TB then there's no ways they'll suspect QB.....

For me it's a toss up between these two.
    I'm asking you to look here when I go green please.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Clarabel wrote: »
    Do you not want to talk about the choices and what happens when I flip green?

Yeah of course.

tusk wrote: »
    Clara you say it was a very fast sinking ship , but previously you've said it wasn't clear that tb was going down.

You my friend are the wolf
    I've never said that. In fact I've said the complete opposite. Why do you keep misquoting me?

Vote me. I'm resolved to the fact that I'm gonna be mislynched today. I want to discuss next vote.

Tusk. Voted last, potentially a sinking ship.

QB - strawbs voted here, but didn't think she was a pair with TB. It's a perfect bus to state TB and go after her to ensure a wolf win. As in if they decided early if QB busses TB then there's no ways they'll suspect QB.....

For me it's a toss up between these two.
    I'm asking you to look here when I go green please.

Noted.

Could be right about Tusk (I don’t think you are, but you could be).

You’re definitely not right about me. If I bussed Triceratops as her teammate I’d been doing it for three days (Werewolf days, longer in terms of calendar days). I didn’t leap onto suspicions about her. I started the suspicions on her!!

Look, if you do flip green, we’ll know your opinion was honestly given at least. It doesn’t mean it’d be right.

I think you’ve played really well. The standard of newbs recently has been great. But I do think you’re a wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

When I was looking at the votes last night I too was thinking I'm not sure I'd immediately clear someone who voted TB. From yizzers perspective I guess that means me. I was also very clear that I thought others were voting TB, I thought her a wolf too and changed my vote. I don't think it was clear that TB was going down. I thought strawberrybaby might still go and that's why I wanted more support on TB.

Both tusk and QB have raised this as a viable wolf tactic. I agree. But it's also a viable village move too, ensure there enough votes on a person who you think is wolf.

^^

• Advertisement

^^

Whhhhat

As in if they decided early if QB busses TB then there's no ways they'll suspect QB.....

Who's they? If you're a villager you would have said we!!!

quickbeam wrote: »
    Noted.

Could be right about Tusk (I don’t think you are, but you could be).

You’re definitely not right about me. If I bussed Triceratops as her teammate I’d been doing it for three days (Werewolf days, longer in terms of calendar days). I didn’t leap onto suspicions about her. I started the suspicions on her!!

Look, if you do flip green, we’ll know your opinion was honestly given at least. It doesn’t mean it’d be right.

I think you’ve played really well. The standard of newbs recently has been great. But I do think you’re a wolf.
    Agreed might not be right!
    And yes you starting the TB bus fits my theory.

Thank you. I don't feel I've played well at all. I've made stupid mistakes and also absolutely wasn't able to concentrate, give nor follow logic.

Both of Digi 5, there was a late vote on what I believe was a very fast sinking TB ship.
    Clara you say it was a very fast sinking ship , but previously you've said it wasn't clear that tb was going down.

You my friend are the wolf

I've never said that. In fact I've said the complete opposite. Why do you keep misquoting me?
    When I was looking at the votes last night I too was thinking I'm not sure I'd immediately clear someone who voted TB. From yizzers perspective I guess that means me. I was also very clear that I thought others were voting TB, I thought her a wolf too and changed my vote. I don't think it was clear that TB was going down. I thought strawberrybaby might still go and that's why I wanted more support on TB.

Both tusk and QB have raised this as a viable wolf tactic. I agree. But it's also a viable village move too, ensure there enough votes on a person who you think is wolf.

Am I missing where you didn't say that before?

Who's they? If you're a villager you would have said we!!!

I'm writing as a wolf...they being the villagers

• Advertisement

Am I missing where you didn't say that before?

I'm going ton find the post where I said it

As in if they decided early if QB busses TB then there's no ways they'll suspect QB.....

Doesn't add up. Looks like a slip to me.

I'm going ton find the post where I said it

I literally quoted the post of you saying the thing you just said I misqoted you with. That you apparently didn't say....

Here

But nobody has declared?
    I've changed my vote so that potentially it's not an outlier vote
    Here

Here, but there's more to it. I'll be back. Work

But you aren't answering the question.

I've shown the post where you said it wasn't clear if TB was going to be lynched, then the post where you said it was a very fast sinking ship...

You've two conflicting opinions there, and are getting super defensive when I brought it up, rather than trying to explain it...

Everyone else, am I being to harsh here? Am I reading into something that's nothing or is this a legitimate concern?

Everyone else, am I being to harsh here? Am I reading into something that's nothing or is this a legitimate concern?

I'm aware I'm severely tunnelling here, so open to being taken down a peg if necessary.

Not too harsh. It was a good catch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If I hadn't just started watching GOTs i'd probably have got involved in the conversation too as her response when called out on it was odd (as I suppose it itself is). Similar happened to me when I called her out on something. Anyway will be away for a while now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think ur being a little harsh, if you are speaking from the wolf POV it can be confusing

But I think she got away with murder on her “Digi” post which was never given a satisfactory explanation IMO

Green&Red wrote: »
    I think ur being a little harsh, if you are speaking from the wolf POV it can be confusing

Fair enough on the They bit, but what about the two conflicting opinions, and incorrectly proven accusation of misquoting?

Oh, I misunderstood. If you’re talking about her use of pronoun that is a bit harsh. I could see where she’s coming from as she was speaking as a wolf.

If you’re talking about her contradiction on Triceratops being a sinking ship then that’s fair and not harsh.

I've shown the post where you said it wasn't clear if TB was going to be lynched, then the post where you said it was a very fast sinking ship...

You've two conflicting opinions there, and are getting super defensive when I brought it up, rather than trying to explain it...
    I know. I'm literally walking down corridors, while working, trying to search for posts and digging myself into more holes.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Oh, I misunderstood. If you’re talking about her use of pronoun that is a bit harsh. I could see where she’s coming from as she was speaking as a wolf.

If you’re talking about her contradiction on Triceratops being a sinking ship then that’s fair and not harsh.

What she says

Ok thanks. I'm happy to leave the they business then.

I was super riled thinking I'd made up the quote and looking for any slip up.

Its an excellent catch on the sinking ship v not sure who'd be lynched, it certainly seems to be contradicting herself

Its catching her out on what shes saying versus what we think she was thinking i.e. of f**k my buddy is screwed

It was never known. I felt at the time it was obvious that TB was going down....as my posts at the time show. A fast sinking ship is in hindsight an over reach. However I definitely felt at the time it was likely TB was going to be taken. Herself and TB were my top two at the time. I felt it better to get the votes up on someone rather than have another outlier vote. I felt that would help the village more.

I was incorrectly pulled up about that approach at the time and if I'm honest I still don't understand why. Since both QB and TB were my aims that day.

So back to point. It was not known, it was likely based on people's comments. A fast sinking ship is overstep. But I felt it obvious and I guess you did too since you changed your vote at the last minute. Why did you do that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I know. I'm literally walking down corridors, while working, trying to search for posts and digging myself into more holes.

I'm not sure what posts your searching for though as Tusk quoted the two posts where you posted opposing thoughts on the not so / quickly sinking ship. Do you think you posted something explaining this transition in thinking or something?

Also to clairfy if you flip green you believe QB is the wolf due to Strawbs voting for QB ? That may be simplifying things but should that happen and I'm still alive i'll bring it up even though right now I don't suspect qb as much as I do yourself or G&R

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what posts your searching for though as Tusk quoted the two posts where you posted opposing thoughts on the not so / quickly sinking ship. Do you think you posted something explaining this transition in thinking or something?

Also to clairfy if you flip green you believe QB is the wolf due to Strawbs voting for QB ? That may be simplifying things but should that happen and I'm still alive i'll bring it up even though right now I don't suspect qb as much as I do yourself or G&R

When I flip green I think all three should be looked at..

Tusk got the late vote in (on my overstated sinking ship. It was not known at the time but fairly likely that TB was going down).

QB potentially bussed TB for 3 days for a guaranteed win.

I think shunk should probably be looked at but I don't think it's there.

I just don't think focus should immediately be on yourself and GNR when I'm gone. Forget what Yee know. There's a lot of incorrect tunneling and confirmation bias

Advertisement