Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Guys, if we get it wrong on the Lynch, will the game just end there? or do we have to wait until morning munch to be set free?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

tusk wrote: »
    Guys, if we get it wrong on the Lynch, will the game just end there? or do we have to wait until morning munch to be set free?

It'll end with the lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Is there any love for ending this today?
    I don't want to rush anyone that feels they need more time but I know for me I've decided who I'm voting for.
    I'm exhausted after the weekend and exhausted reading through these posts trying to find something

I'm relistening to Dan Carlin's hardcore history, Blue print for Armageddon, on World War I, I'm currently at The Great Retreat and hes describing how some of the French are so tired they just lie down and let the Germans catch up to them.
    Thats how I feel about this

Great series for anyone who hasn't listened to it BTW, really interesting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If there is an appetite for a 'speed day' then thank this post and I'll bring forward the lynch deadline by 11 hrs to 10am tomorrow morning. Best I can do with work.

Cheers Necro

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A speed day as suggested would suit me. Was a little worried I may be inactive tomorrow anyway as it's the wifes birthday. Still not sure how I can convince anyone I am good even though I am but sure at least we will all know whats going on sooner now. Been doing every monthly game but tbh I'm in no great rush to sign up to the next one after 3wks of this one.

A speed day as suggested would suit me. Was a little worried I may be inactive tomorrow anyway as it's the wifes birthday. Still not sure how I can convince anyone I am good even though I am but sure at least we will all know whats going on sooner now. Been doing every monthly game but tbh I'm in no great rush to sign up to the next one after 3wks of this one.

Incase it came across as it that is 100% not a slight on the game, very enjoyable. Just almost all WW'd out... got another day left in me though.

Green&Red wrote: »
    The Friday Digi was killed Barney suggested a switch to Clarabel

Tusk engaged but didn't jump ship

QB talked about moving to Fixxer at 20:44

Another easily explainable move.

SKeith gave them both the excuse FFS, laid it up on a plate for either of them to switch

The easiest thing here is to say "you know what SK you're right, he has been decent" they could pin the swing on SK later

Just to follow up on this post. There is a world where Digi has decided he’s too busy for this game and let’s his wolfie buddies get on the Digi train but it doesn’t add up then that TBallet wouldn’t be there also.

Another explanation is that the wolves didn’t expect the run on Digi, he was down for two votes immediately after the lynch. It still doesn’t make sense, the two of ye were right there, Digi too I think, yer watching like hawks.

Incase it came across as it that is 100% not a slight on the game, very enjoyable. Just almost all WW'd out... got another day left in me though.

I know how you feel. Loving the game, but it's taken over my life and I'm completely drained hahah

Another explanation is that the wolves didn’t expect the run on Digi, he was down for two votes immediately after the lynch. It still doesn’t make sense, the two of ye were right there, Digi too I think, yer watching like hawks.

Can you explain this a bit? I don't follow you

• Advertisement

So this post

Has the count as
    Strawbs -5
    CTK at 3 and Digi at 2

There follows a conversation about who voted for who and trying to get the correct count

So this post

Has the count as
    Strawbs -5
    CTK at 3 and Digi at 2

There follows a conversation about who voted for who and trying to get the correct count

I remember having to defend why I cleared the Digi group before and although I stated I had not cleared anyone (but did suspect them much less) I def remember saying (and not just then but multiple times) That strawbs was the clear front runner at the time and Wolves did not need to jump on Digi. TB pushing the notion they did and then the same posters lynching her just doubles that up in my mind.

Unfortunately though that clears (as much as anyone seemingly can be atm) everyone but you and me :pac@

I have placed a vote. I’m not at all sure.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I have placed a vote. I’m not at all sure.

You would have to assume that vote and Tusks decides things. Can't see anything but Me and G&R voting for each other.

You would have to assume that vote and Tusks decides things. Can't see anything but Me and G&R voting for each other.

oh god. leave it up to the newb :eek:

Will probably change it a dozen times between now and morning. Sorry in advance Necro!

Do you want to tell us QB?

Do you want to tell us QB?

I reckon not. I think we should keep our votes secret or wolf may vote strategically. Wolf really doesn’t care who’s lynched so long as it’s not them. We can only lynch one person or we lose (literally LYLO). I think it better to not reveal. Unless someone has a counter argument that shows we gain more by revealing I say we don’t.

I'm with QB. Let's continue the conversations and investigations, but vote secrecy seems like the best way to go at this stage.

Makes sense in one way although I suspect it’ll be academic

• Advertisement

Anything anyone wants to question me over before it gets later here? (still have a few hours yet probably though)

Vote placed. Will try to be on a bit more later.

Anything anyone wants to question me over before it gets later here? (still have a few hours yet probably though)

Why did you kill of Strawbs?

Why did you kill of Strawbs?

I didn't and although you are still really my only option I don't really see why either of us would. Not a move that helps the wolf imo

You acting exactly the way I'm acting is not helping

Tusk, QB, looking at it from your own perspective, can you see a scenario where the other person has shipped their wolf buddies?

Can I propose an activity?

Let's all put on our wolf hats and go back over each munch. Give your most valid and most likely reason why YOU (if you were a wolf) would munch that one specific person at that particular time. Perhaps we can gather some additional info or possibilities that we've not discovered yet.
    1. Whippy
    2. Trit
    3. Barney
    4. Dandy
    5. Ecto
    6. Pter
    7. Strawbs
    8. Skunk

Tusk, QB, looking at it from your own perspective, can you see a scenario where the other person has shipped their wolf buddies?

Honestly I can't. Unless QB has been playing the longest con ever conceived, I don't get any logic from ANY bussing.

If that was the case, it would likely have been a personal goal for her, which I assume the other wolves wouldn't have been too keen on.

Honestly I can't. Unless QB has been playing the longest con ever conceived, I don't get any logic from ANY bussing.

If that was the case, it would likely have been a personal goal for her, which I assume the other wolves wouldn't have been too keen on.

I say this because I can't see it being a legitimate starting strategy for a full team of 3 wolves. Even if digi did say he wasn't gonna be around and a bus would be beneficial, the TB bus doesn't make sense, she was on TB for 3 days.

Hope this is making sense. my brain feels like a brillo pad

ok im going to do this soon
    giphy.gif

but first:

Tusk: I have you as the most confirmed villager, only slightly but still. In the Digi/TB lynchers and TB even trying to suggest it was a given there was a wolf in the Digi votes aligned with how the others from that group were munched.

QB: If anything it is a compliment that I have you slightly less village. Why? because I had suspected a more seasoned player to be leading the wolf team given how absent Digi/TB were and you would fit the bill here and if that were the case fair play, blider played. Clara voted R&G but her if I flip green posts were about you and before she got munched Strawbs had just voted for you. Someone other than R&G or myself would fit a Strawbs muncher too as it just left all the focus on us two.

Apart from all that though you are a Digi/TB wolf catcher just like Tusk and I wouldn't imagine Tusk or G&R (or myself I guess) are going to vote for one of those

G&R: I don't get your play killing Strawbs, but this seems to be literally one of those I know it's not me so it must be you moments as a result of that wolf action as I don't see anything

Even looking back to see what was different about you from my notes:
    Wanting to start a bandwagon to see who follows
    Says thinks kitten is village after such an opinion could no longer help her but before he looks good when found right
    Claimed to have voted TB (Wolf), actually voted Clara (village)

Votes:
    I was wrong on Strawz, Clara and SK, Kolido
    You were wrong on DAndy, Strawbz, SK, Clara and Kolido

only difference is DAndy who you voted for on the 1st lynch. After you higlighted it I checked why SKunk suspected you and it went back to this thinking as TB /Digi had outlier votes you might have tried to get a bandwagon going on a villager here.

Don't usually try to big myself up but if I try to think of things I was doing on thread that I don't think are wolfy acts a post of mine QB posted only a page or so stands out to me
    I suggest we do FFAs. There are no roles / actions / etc to work off so at least if people do FFAs we will have more to work off later when players flip no matter what way they go.

say im casting shade if you wish as I understand we don't have much to go on atm but it might at least stoke a reaction from some. Going to try to do one now and probably throw up a few reads too soon

Why would a wolf post that? Actually one of the reasons I was anti strawbs at first was she was the only other person to mention FFAs that early and wasn't bothered about doing them.

• Advertisement

I say this because I can't see it being a legitimate starting strategy for a full team of 3 wolves. Even if digi did say he wasn't gonna be around and a bus would be beneficial, the TB bus doesn't make sense, she was on TB for 3 days.

Hope this is making sense. my brain feels like a brillo pad

The weird thing here is all 4 of us seem to actually agree that you and QB are logically not the wolf. Guess the wolf is happy with a 50/50 shot but I still keep going back to Strawbs munch as that wolf ploy does not make sense for me.

Advertisement