Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Clarabel wrote: »
    I'm on page 33
    I've voted duffman for obvious reasons....I forgot it was starting.

My FFA right now is
    Strawbs
    Trit
    Barney

Will update after I've read ALL of the pages. Won't be posting under the sea. Missed my train to London, makes me sad.
    This is a very good point!
    FFA.
    Strawbs - Always a wolf
    Lady skunk

So many pages to go. I should probably get a pencil instead of using my posts ton track notes
    I saw a request for FFA and wanted to post something to deliberately show progression at point of starting to read and then once I was caught up.

So I've not read anything since last night. Am now caught up. You're off my list.

I'm leaning good on BH, Barney and not much else.

So I've gone from on your list of potential wolves to one of two you are leaning good on. What did you read in the 15 minutes between those post that changed your mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Trit, it’s hard on the phone to multi quote but I’ll answer your issues with me from yesterday in the order you brought them up

I’ve been through my post about a bandwagon on Dandy, it didn’t develop because I got no support, SK shot it down and nobody else got involved, so now a genuine attempt to move the game on is being used as a stick to beat me

What you describe as a nothing post is just my read on other players. Again, I’m not sure what I’m meant to do. It’s an early read

I’m trying to explain my reasons for what I’ve done, they’re in the interest of village

Fair enough on the plausible deniability, I’ll follow that up with if I’m lynched it doesn’t automatically make the people I’ve suspected wolves. My point was I’m tying myself to the Dandy wagon.

Of course I’m going to be defensive when someone accuses me. Ur right I asked for Petr’s opinion but I’m allowed challenge it FFS

I’ve been consistent in my posting to date, I’ve been up front about helping the village and my methods about doing that. I’m looking for information. Lynching me basically sends out the message don’t put urself out there cause you’re painting a target on ur back. Drift in and out, keep a low profile and you’ll make it to the business end of the decisions. Bullish!t basically

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

sKeith wrote: »
    see here

Are you the spokesperson for everyone else now?
    When i ask you a question, I only wish to here about how you feel, not your perception of how others, feel free to make other posts about how you think they feel etc. Do you know who the wolves are? Are you absoletly sure kk is not a wolf?

This is the only part I’m going to dignify with a response because if you haven’t understood what is written right in front of you this far, no matter how many times I try to explain it you never will.

I’m not speaking for other people, they said it themselves. It’s there on the thread, multiple times. It’s very clear I brought it up to reinforce what I was saying.

Have to laugh at the link you’ve made between me and Kitten K being a wolf team too, that’s some reach because I called you out on being rude to her. Something which is completely irrelevant to the game may I add and regardless of what role you’re playing there’s no need for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Green&Red wrote: »
    Trit, it’s hard on the phone to multi quote but I’ll answer your issues with me from yesterday in the order you brought them up

I’ve been through my post about a bandwagon on Dandy, it didn’t develop because I got no support, SK shot it down and nobody else got involved, so now a genuine attempt to move the game on is being used as a stick to beat me

What you describe as a nothing post is just my read on other players. Again, I’m not sure what I’m meant to do. It’s an early read

I’m trying to explain my reasons for what I’ve done, they’re in the interest of village

Fair enough on the plausible deniability, I’ll follow that up with if I’m lynched it doesn’t automatically make the people I’ve suspected wolves. My point was I’m tying myself to the Dandy wagon.

Of course I’m going to be defensive when someone accuses me. Ur right I asked for Petr’s opinion but I’m allowed challenge it FFS

I’ve been consistent in my posting to date, I’ve been up front about helping the village and my methods about doing that. I’m looking for information. Lynching me basically sends out the message don’t put urself out there cause you’re painting a target on ur back. Drift in and out, keep a low profile and you’ll make it to the business end of the decisions. Bullish!t basically

You have erased me from your narrative about me from yesterday G&R. sure i get a cursory mention at the end of this post, but you were pretty sure i was negging / pocketing you yesterday, and now i dont get a mention? Why are you trying to hurt my feelings bbz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

I've voted crosstown

I won't be back now til tomorrow evening.

I don;t want to vote any of the people actually disucssing and keeping the game going, I don't think low post people are nessesarily wolves either....

Caravel, when you get back can you give your reasoning here? What sticks out with cross for you? I think he has 2 posts, is there something that sticks out in there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Morning all and happy birthday Dandy and Sulli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Note to self: keep up with the thread and don't wait until you have pages to read! Ok, so we're voting tonight before 9. Feck, I'm absolutely suspicious of everyone and I obviously need to post more so people can get a handle on me.

Ok, so an FFA is where we put up 3 people we suspect the most?

1. sKeith - sorry but I just think you're a bit too eager to hunt wolves, seems like a cover.
    2. Loughc - this is going on others' suspicions as I haven't played before and it seems odd for a mod to be keeping such a low profile.
    3. Pter - sorry Pter but I'm just getting a whiff of wolf off you, can't put my finger on it :p

This list could change and I haven't voted yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Oh and happy birthday to Dandy and Sulli! Sorry to see Whippy gone, a life taken too soon :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I'm changing my vote, this is enough to convince me, I'm hing towards pter now

Pter wrote: »

You have erased me from your narrative about me from yesterday G&R. sure i get a cursory mention at the end of this post, but you were pretty sure i was negging / pocketing you yesterday, and now i dont get a mention? Why are you trying to hurt my feelings bbz?

Sorry Petr, you did vote for Dandy, I don’t remember you going into too much detail on why though? But I’d need to check that back

I called you out on pocketing, say what you see!

• Advertisement

Trit

Edit to my above post

I’m NOT tying myself to the Dandy wagon. He was my first suspect but I couldn’t be sure on anyone.

I’ll do a full FFA later

I'm changing my vote, this is enough to convince me, I'm hing towards pter now

Enough to convince you G&R is good and Pter bad? Why?

#FFA1

DublinAndy - as said before i think he off the cuff posts are anything but and he is getting help from wolf buddies.
    Green&Red - Flip flopping all over the place, could be stirring the pot to get reactions and divert attention, could be rattling cages. Didnt respond to my counter of him accusing me of pocketing, then excludes me from a pseudo summary of yesterday. Its enough to get him here on this list.
    Bounty Hunter - i could be wrong and i hope i am, but im fairly certain he was trying to pocket me yesterday. Be great if he was legit, but i cant be sure.

Honorable mention to Fixxxer as well who is suspect to me on a gut feeling. Will try to work backwards on a reason why but something triggered my suspicion reading his posts yesterday.

I think there is at least 1 wolf in the above, but i still stand over the fact there is probably a quiet wolf. Im not going to waste an FFA vote on people for whom there is no evidence due to lack of posts however. We will just have to sort the quiet people out later in the game.

Right, Im going off the theory that there is at least a wolf in the first half of players to post (11). Pter was no12 so hes in the middle and whiplashy was the beginning of the second half of posters. So, the lucky 11 are -

Kolido
    QB
    Fixxxer
    Loughc
    Green&Red
    DublinAndy
    Strawberry
    Kitten k
    Tritium
    Triceratops
    Barney

Whiplashy & Kolido - whips 1st post she calls Kolido a wolf for being first to post on thread. It reads like its in jest (has smiley face) but Kolido doesnt acknowledge it in any way. Later, Kolido asks whip has she caught up on thread. She thanks his post and responds that she has. End of interactions.

Whiplashy & QB - no interactions.

Whiplashy & fixxxer - no interactions

Whiplashy & Loughc - no interactions

Whiplashy & Green - no direct interactions. TB asks whether the new/newish players are male or female. Green answers on behalf of clarabel and whippy saying he thinks they are ladies.

Whiplashy & DubAndy - no direct interaction. Tritium makes a post re skunk which Andy disagrees with but whiplashy agrees with.

Whiplashy & Strawbs - whiplashy asks who left to post and strawbs provides the info. Post thanks by whiplashy.

Whiplashy & Kitten k - no interactions.

Whiplashy & Tritium - Trit says a post by skunk is odd and whiplashy responds saying she agrees with Trit and it has spiked her interest. Trit thanks this post.

Whiplashy & Triceratops - asks the newish players incl whip if they are male or female. No reply from whiplashy but her gender given by green.

Whiplashy & Barney - Barney quotes her post saying that she and green are saying similar things.

Now the rest

Whiplashy & Pter - Pter replies to her regarding settings for posts per page.

Whiplashy & Clarabel - whips 2nd post of game re volume if posts is thanked Clarabel. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & Succubus - whip is told succubus is one of the two left to post. She says she will be voting for one of these two. Whiplashy thanks succubus 1st post in game. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & Tusk - one of the two left to post which whiplashy says she will be voting for. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & SKeith - Keith notes that duffman has left Andy off his odd opening post comment even though both Andy and whiplashy said similar things. Skeith states in a different post that he has null read on whiplashy. Keith tells whiplashy that duffman has accused her due to her OP. Keith baffled by one of their sentences and whiplashy responds. She also believes Keith is village.

Whiplashy & Duffman - duffman finds her OP odd. Later rephrases to say it makes him think roled or wolf. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & Skunk - skunks posts asking about info gained from munch. Whiplashy replies that it will depend on who they munch and what that player may have posted. Agrees with Trit later that one of skunks posts is odd and has spiked her interest.

No other interactions with the rest of players.

I think whiplashy may have been the first to be munched as shes pretty good at spotting things. Her track record of calling out wolves isnt bad at all so they wanted rid of her ASAP. This leads me to believe that the wolf team is not full of brand new players but probably a mix at least.

FFA

Kolido will be in there anyway. He completely ignored her jest post about wolf being 1st to post. Ignoring it would be something a roled player would do but seeing as there are no good roles.....

The other 2 I have decided on yet.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Note to self: keep up with the thread and don't wait until you have pages to read! Ok, so we're voting tonight before 9. Feck, I'm absolutely suspicious of everyone and I obviously need to post more so people can get a handle on me.

Ok, so an FFA is where we put up 3 people we suspect the most?

1. sKeith - sorry but I just think you're a bit too eager to hunt wolves, seems like a cover.
    2. Loughc - this is going on others' suspicions as I haven't played before and it seems odd for a mod to be keeping such a low profile.
    3. Pter - sorry Pter but I'm just getting a whiff of wolf off you, can't put my finger on it :p

This list could change and I haven't voted yet.

This isn't the first time this has been said - why would a mod having so little post be any different from the others who have the same amount of posts?

Placeholder vote now placed on Kolido

kitten_k wrote: »
    Enough to convince you G&R is good and Pter bad? Why?

I thought Pter was bad anyway. G Andrew has been pretty consistent and while I don’t agree with him about me being a wolf if you substitute my name with another you’d be foolish to say he doesn’t make sense.

Pter however is the opposite, always quite weak with explanations and seems to be an opportunistic voter. He’s only picking me because he thinks others will it seems, I just get a strange feeling of him too. I always did but let my pride take control by focusing on g and r.

I thought Pter was bad anyway. G Andrew has been pretty consistent and while I don’t agree with him about me being a wolf if you substitute my name with another you’d be foolish to say he doesn’t make sense.

Pter however is the opposite, always quite weak with explanations and seems to be an opportunistic voter. He’s only picking me because he thinks others will it seems, I just get a strange feeling of him too. I always did but let my pride take control by focusing on g and r.

Would you care to highlight where my explanations were weak?

#FFA1

DublinAndy - as said before i think he off the cuff posts are anything but and he is getting help from wolf buddies.
    Green&Red - Flip flopping all over the place, could be stirring the pot to get reactions and divert attention, could be rattling cages. Didnt respond to my counter of him accusing me of pocketing, then excludes me from a pseudo summary of yesterday. Its enough to get him here on this list.
    Bounty Hunter - i could be wrong and i hope i am, but im fairly certain he was trying to pocket me yesterday. Be great if he was legit, but i cant be sure.

Honorable mention to Fixxxer as well who is suspect to me on a gut feeling. Will try to work backwards on a reason why but something triggered my suspicion reading his posts yesterday.

I think there is at least 1 wolf in the above, but i still stand over the fact there is probably a quiet wolf. Im not going to waste an FFA vote on people for whom there is no evidence due to lack of posts however. We will just have to sort the quiet people out later in the game.

But I did respond to you, as soon as you mentioned it I replied!

You didn’t have a counter to my accusation of you pocketing me, you said no one can ever comment on me cause I’ll accuse them of pocketing whether good or bad. Patently not the case.

People can make up their own mind on whether you were pocketing me or not. The evidence is there

Would you care to highlight where my explanations were weak?

Not really, I’m on an iPad and it’s too much hassle and more importantly it’s my opinion, not fact, so whatever I say you’ll disagree with. If I think you’re a wolf why would I give you the chance to fool others more.

Whomever gets voted out today, be it me, you or anyone is important or no. I would rather make sure people make their own choice for the first one than blindly following me

• Advertisement

But I did respond to you, as soon as you mentioned it I replied!

You didn’t have a counter to my accusation of you pocketing me, you said no one can ever comment on me cause I’ll accuse them of pocketing whether good or bad. Patently not the case.

People can make up their own mind on whether you were pocketing me or not. The evidence is there

You did indeed but that's a prompted response. Wolves respond when challenge (tick for you), but focus on whatever narrative they want to push, so excluding my alleged pocketing from your post today tells me that you have a plan or agenda you are trying to get people to focus on (another tick).

2 ticks on wolfy behaviour G&R.

Not really, I’m on an iPad and it’s too much hassle and more importantly it’s my opinion, not fact, so whatever I say you’ll disagree with. If I think you’re a wolf why would I give you the chance to fool others more.

Whomever gets voted out today, be it me, you or anyone is important or no. I would rather make sure people make their own choice for the first one than blindly following me

Wolves dont put in the work. They throw out accusations and dont corroberate. The idea behind that is that the more a wolf explains their baseless accusation, the weaker it becomes. So they throw things out to try deflect attention. I think this is what you have done here.

Now it could just be a new player panicking as a villager and attacking the person they feel under threat from, but im not convinced. You flipped off G&R and onto me fairly handy.

Handy Dandy. This amuses me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I have voted for TheSkunk. I don’t have very good reasons for it.

I’ve had some upsetting news. Not life or death but something I need time to come to terms with. So I’m stepping away for a bit and hopefully I’ll make a more informed decision at next lynch if I’m around.

You did indeed but that's a prompted response. Wolves respond when challenge (tick for you), but focus on whatever narrative they want to push, so excluding my alleged pocketing from your post today tells me that you have a plan or agenda you are trying to get people to focus on (another tick).

2 ticks on wolfy behaviour G&R.

Its a prompoted response because as I've said the evidence is there for anyone to read, I didn't feel it needed a response. Its not excluding it, I said it, I felt that was enough

Hope all is ok QB!

Sending you my love xxx

Wolves dont put in the work. They throw out accusations and dont corroberate. The idea behind that is that the more a wolf explains their baseless accusation, the weaker it becomes. So they throw things out to try deflect attention. I think this is what you have done here.

Now it could just be a new player panicking as a villager and attacking the person they feel under threat from, but im not convinced. You flipped off G&R and onto me fairly handy.

I’m not panicking, I’m enjoy this, sat on the sofa with an over sized cup of tea reading these posts.

Question for you, you seem so convinced my posts are planned by other wolves, am I not intelligent enough to write them myself?

Another question, if I am a wolf and so is Green and Red, why is he voting for me and why did I spend so much time saying he was one. If you look at others posts I seem to have done a good job as others are leaning towards him now. Granted I now think I’m wrong, but if we’re both wolves we seem to be crappy wolves focusing on each other when the supposedly third wolve is quiet?

People are asking questions, the right questions a villager would ask trying to determine. You too busy throwing accusations and the only questions you ask are loaded ones which will give you the chance to go on the attack again.

None of the above is my strongest thinking for you being a wolf but alone it’s pretty damming.

I'm glad you've made up a checklist though for catching wolves, that'll be handy for newer players

Handy for you that I'm ticking the boxes

I’m not panicking, I’m enjoy this, sat on the sofa with an over sized cup of tea reading these posts.

Question for you, you seem so convinced my posts are planned by other wolves, am I not intelligent enough to write them myself?

Another question, if I am a wolf and so is Green and Red, why is he voting for me and why did I spend so much time saying he was one. If you look at others posts I seem to have done a good job as others are leaning towards him now. Granted I now think I’m wrong, but if we’re both wolves we seem to be crappy wolves focusing on each other when the supposedly third wolve is quiet?

People are asking questions, the right questions a villager would ask trying to determine. You too busy throwing accusations and the only questions you ask are loaded ones which will give you the chance to go on the attack again.

None of the above is my strongest thinking for you being a wolf but alone it’s pretty damming.

Oh happy birthday BTW! And to Sully as well!!

Im sure you would be intelligent enough. Please dont take me incorrectly. But they are far too polished for a new player. Maybe im wrong. Its happened before. But i dont think so.

G&R seems to have moved off you fairly quickly. In fact he has said he only brought you up to elicit a reaction. A temporary bus on a teammate is a wolfy thing to do. If both of you survive and one of you turns out to be a wolf later, the other can point back and go 'ah sure he was after me earlier, so i cant be on his wolf team'.

I asked you to point out what your accusation of me was based on and you refused. So if the questions i want to ask dont appeal to you, perhaps you would furnish me with an approved list of questions i can ask you? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Due to my time difference I’m usually not the best candidate but if anyone can compile the FFAs (I was pushing for them to be done so some may assume I’m compiling them). I have voted off my FFA (probably around the time I posted it) but could easily change my vote as it’ll be a full day later when I’m making that decision.

Advertisement