Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Comments

I’m gonna fire up my reads list now even though it’s missing bounty and succubus because what Keith has said about skunk aligns with my thoughts.

Barney92 - thinking the same way I am and has sometimes put those thoughts onto the thread before I have. Leaning good.

Bounty Hunter - null reading up until they suggested keeping FFA

Clarabel - null read here. Their posts a bit all over the shop so one minute I’m thinking they seem good then the next I’m wondering if it’s all an act so I can’t class them as anything but null read. One to watch.

crosstownk - nothing to say but got a vote in. Have to settle for null right now.

Digital Solitude - haven’t a read on them at all

Dublinandy2 - based off Day1 lynch I can’t see how Andy could be a wolf

duffman13 - hmmm leaning towards wolf right now. I could see a setup where they accuse whiplashy and also munch whiplashy trying the double bluff. The only thing that bugs me with this play is if it was setup in the back room, would one of the other wolfs have spotted that Andy also had a similar OP? 2 theories on that are 1) it was overlooked by all 2) duffman is the experienced player in the team and the other wolfs just went with his direction.

Ectoplasm - keeping her reads list updated. I have a niggle here but the fact that tritium was munched leaving just her and Keith as only kitten voters left would leave her as a wolf very exposed. If Trit hadn’t been munched I would be more wary of ecto but he was munched so I’m left wondering if wolves wanted us distracted by concentrating on her or Keith. Leaning good.

fixxxer - quite reserved in his posting style is our fixer and I don’t know why. Yeah, he has his messed up gifs and funny posts but the other posts leave me wondering. Like his retirement post. That’s relating to him never getting past day 3 I think. Is he just throwing it out there for us to think he must be village and will be munched? He’s not going gung ho on players looking for wolves. For that I have him leaning wolf. If fixer wolf look into succubus more as they were a flimsy 3rd on his FFA1

Green&Red - arguing against the possibility of Andy being good and as weird as it may sound as I think that green may be good too. A villager should pick holes in everything, it’s their job. A wolf could just go with consensus to fit in.

Kolido - ignoring Whiplashy jest post about them being a wolf is suspicious. If we had good roles in this game I could understand it but we only have wolfs. Wolf lean.

Loughc - no read on him at all

Pter - had an ongoing spat with Keith and was holding their own and not bothered how much attention it drew on them from others. Like Keith, put them in the spotlight for possible lynching so I’m leaning that they are probably good.

quickbeam - null to slight wolf lean. Jumped on board the Andy being good theory after it was thrashed out. Trying to fit in?

sKeith - brought themselves too much into the firing line with their aggressive approach to questioning people leaving themselves open to be voted for by disgruntled peeps. Add in jumping onto kitten bandwagon and there’s too much bringing attention upon themselves if they were a wolf so I’m leaning they are probably good.

Strawberry Milkshake - good as good can be.

Succubus_

TheSkunk - I’m impressed with their style of play. Not afraid to get stuck in which is villager style but they’re posts read smart player and it wouldn’t shock me if they returned as wolf. Are we being hoodwinked or not? I can’t decide so has to be null.

Triceratops Ballet - no fully involved in thread yet so has to be null read.

tusk - I like tusk. They are reading the entire thread and asking questions about everything. Leaning good here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

For the love of god will you give over about the Whippy no response.

Sorry, I lolled :D

Who do you think I should be looking at then?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ah, Strawbs, I just thought it was a good point (which I hadn’t thought of myself) about Dandy. No ‘fitting in’ about it. In my own reads list this morning I looked at the permutations of who voted for Kitten and who for Dandy (eg, mentioned you definitely good if Dandy bad). Kinda annoyed with myself for not spotting the most obvious permutation : Dandy's own vote. So when it was mentioned and made sense, I was happy to go with it.

Oh, if I was a wolf (and Dandy wasn’t), wouldn’t I want to keep suspicion on him and maybe hope for a mislynch on him down the line, instead of getting on the Dandy Villager train, leaving less room for me to hide?

• Advertisement

(I like the name Dandy. I hope he doesn’t mind us using it. Kudos to whoever came up with it. Even better if he and Andy125 ever play a non-anon game together)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

quickbeam wrote:
    (I like the name Dandy. I hope he doesn’t mind us using it. Kudos to whoever came up with it. Even better if he and Andy125 ever play a non-anon game together)

You are a mod now. You ban people who don't like what you like.

Heads fried guys. Just home from a 12 hour day. If I'm feeling better later I'll read the thread. Otherwise it's tomorrow.

Sorry, I lolled :D

Who do you think I should be looking at then?

The mirror, Keithy, and those who voted last night but havent been playing.

I will just point out also, I called gnr and you wolves and there was no reply from either of you, at least non that I recall. Its been rather high profile also as Keithy has consistantly called me shading you both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Two Days Till Retirement Meme

An action movie cliche in which a character in an action film mentions wanting to do something peaceful after a mission/encounter only to die in the film.

Did that guy in the movie say he wants to marry his girlfriend after the war? Yep, he's got two days till retirement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Kolido wrote: »

I will just point out also, I called gnr and you wolves and there was no reply from either of you, at least non that I recall. Its been rather high profile also as Keithy has consistantly called me shading you both.

I missed that, I thought I was on top of people who did that. I’ll look it up tomorrow when I’m back on a PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Necro wrote: »
    Player Name No. of Votes Voters
    kitten_k 3 tritium, Ectoplasm, sKeith
    Dublinandy2 3 Pter, Green&Red, duffman13
    sKeith 2 kitten_k, TheSkunk
    TheSkunk 2 quickbeam, tusk
    Kolido 2 crosstownk, Strawberry Milkshake
    Barney92 1 Digital Solitude
    fixxxer 1 Barney92
    Green&Red 1 fixxxer
    Pter 1 Dublinandy2
    duffman13 1 Triceratops Ballet
    Loughc 1 Kolido
    crosstownk 1 Clarabel
    Strawberry Milkshake 1 Bounty Hunter

Did Not Vote: Succubus_, Loughc

kitten_k lynched by virtue of last vote cast.

My thoughts last night and again this morning from my waganomics....I have no read anything further than this so will likely flip flop again quickly.

Would a wolf vote for a wolf to hide? I think yes. Would two wolves vote for a wolf .. possibly.

Is there a wolf or two or three here? I think yes

TheSkunk 2 quickbeam, tusk
    Kolido 2 crosstownk, Strawberry Milkshake

Kolieo and cross especially have my attention.

Kolido wrote: »

Ah that’s a cop out if ever I’ve seen one. You want me to investigate me, Keith who I have clear and a n other?

Can you not think of anyone else to direct me to?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ah that’s a cop out if ever I’ve seen one. You want me to investigate me, Keith who I have clear and a n other?

Can you not think of anyone else to direct me to?

Thats my read list from this morning, it hasnt been updated since. You can investigate everyone if ye have time but Im of to put the kettle on and watch some Netflix

You alright there necro?

You alright there necro?

Arsenal are playing.

All good just watching the footie :)

fixxxer wrote: »
    The dodgiest thing I noticed with Strawbs was offering to be offed in place of one of the new players so they could continue the game longer. Nice gesture and all but getting killed is part of the game. Feels like an attempt to seem to nice to be wolfy maybe.
    I'm a cynic, but that was my thought too. I'm was about to offer myself up though but I've had tea and chocolate so I'm okay again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Clarabel wrote: »
    I'm a cynic, but that was my thought too. I'm was about to offer myself up though but I've had tea and chocolate so I'm okay again.

Tea cures so many ailments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I'm drunk. Did I miss stuff?

I wish I was drunk.

I am all done. Free. Finito.

And probably h7ngiver tomorrow

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Not her exact words but they meant the same thing, I was remembering it from reading it. I quoted my own words from the previous post to explain why I included it. Get what you’re saying though so my mistake.

Also can’t see post numbers as I’m on mobile.

Both of you are wrong. I meant....I was trying to understand why people were sure skunk was a clear village when she hadn't posted again. Not that I was bothered about her not posting

TheSkunk wrote: »
    #FFA2

1. SKeith - Same reasons from before and new information gained from the lynch.
    2. Green&Red - Same again and claiming they thought Kitten was good late last night. Could be that he knew she was going because of one of the other two voting for her and wanted to use that to clear himself of people suspicions yesterday.
    3. TBD. Was leaning Clara but not sure if that’s just my pride talking over her comment so don’t think it’s a fair reason or my spidey senses are tingling from reading something else so will have to read back on my lunch and decide then.

Taking Tusk out, last few posts read like a villager and seems genuine. Will accept him suspecting me for now as I’ve nothing to hide and hopefully he’ll come around. Can’t say anything other than I have already so will leave that for now until questioned further.

Off to make some money. Will catch up later, actually enjoy when I have a chunk to go over and reading the carnage I’ve missed :P
    Again I wasn't shading you. I was curious why you were deemed clear when you hadn't been around. I still don't know why you were deemed clear.

However I'm getting village lean off you

Ectoplasm wrote:
    And probably h7ngiver tomorrow

Congrats Ecto

Whatcha drinking.

Tea cures so many ailments
    I know and it's really hard to get tea here. I had to go buy a mug today. Have Barry's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Clarabel wrote: »
    I know and it's really hard to get tea here. I had to go buy a mug today. Have Barry's

Where are you? I lived in se Asia for a while and the milk there is not fresh and full of sugar plus the tea is bad so I literally paid a small fortune to Starbucks every day to get my several cups.

I don’t mind Barry’s but more of a twinings person myself, nice asam or English breakfast or lady grey occasionally

tenor.gif?itemid=12746717

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    Congrats Ecto

Whatcha drinking.

All the drinks! Some champagne to celebrate was followed by cider and now gins. Been a lllloooong day :)

Ectoplasm wrote:
    All the drinks! Some champagne to celebrate was followed by cider and now gins. Been a lllloooong day

Your wolf teammates holding the fort for you earlier, yeah?

Your wolf teammates holding the fort for you earlier, yeah?

Cheeky. I'm 100% village.

That was a test. You passed. This time. There will be more tests.

Where are you? I lived in se Asia for a while and the milk there is not fresh and full of sugar plus the tea is bad so I literally paid a small fortune to Starbucks every day to get my several cups.

I don’t mind Barry’s but more of a twinings person myself, nice asam or English breakfast or lady grey occasionally
    There's no tay in twinings. You can leave it brew for 5 years and still no flavour. Assam is lovely though.

Paris, I can actually get milk. No where to store it and no hot water in office. Can I repeat, there is no hot water in the office!!

That was a test. You passed. This time. There will be more tests.

I've had all the tests today. :)

• Advertisement

If you were a wolf how would you approach this game Ecto.

My hearts not in it tonight. I read it all.

Everyone is a wolf.

I'm putting a vote on for cross, I really don't like that he voted without posting. It's not villiagy. I'm wrecked, whiny and moody and I'm still making an effort to help the village.

That said I'm not helping the village with the heavy lifting so I'm sorry about that.

Duff hasn't defended himself?

I like this question. Can you answer it too pls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I think he would have made some mad role claim by now.

Only been a wolf once and was in a strong team so not really an expert. Probably lie low and do just enough not to get noticed. I'd be crap as chatty wolf but am assuming there's at least one out there.

• Advertisement

Clarabel wrote:
    I like this question. Can you answer it too pls

Me? I've answered it already. One quiet, one loud, one in the middle. I'd accept one of us might get caught if loud, but the others wouldn't. And the village would tear itself apart by killing off active posters as they are more visible.

Vote as if a villager to avoid wagonomics as well I suppose.

I've never done a game like this with no good roles before, but the odds seem in the wolves favour.

I'm thinking hunting in the low posters is a good idea for lynch. Usually we don't do it to avoid outing a Roled villager, but there aren't any, so we will either find a quiet wolf, eliminate a useless villager and/or encourage other quiet people to speak up.

sKeith wrote:
    I think he would have made some mad role claim by now.

Haha when have I done that? :) I only claim when I have a role.

Haha when have I done that? :) I only claim when I have a role.

eastender game, n need to claim, but wadda heck, balls out. ;p

sKeith wrote:
    eastender game, n need to claim, but wadda heck, balls out. ;p

Oh yeah actually you are right. That claim would have worked if you hadn't beaten me to the punch in claiming that character.

I'd forgotten about being a wolf in that game. That was the last time I was a wolf. Been ages.

i was converted in celeb

sKeith wrote:
    i was converted in celeb

Only 3 months ago. Must be glad they made you a wolf again in this game.

I've never been a wolf.

tenor.gif

the rand gods werent that kind. are u seriously still wol reading me. you think as a wolf i would get caught on a 3 way lynch and narrowit to 2 ??

Dot Cotton knew you for the lying wolf you were too!!!

You really not been a wolf since?

• Advertisement
Advertisement