Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

duffman13 wrote: »
    Just for clarity I'm nowhere near caught up so voted DublinAndy earlier when I was online

Sorry, this was the text I was referring to, which actually was after the lynch deadline last nite, I had thought it was earlier

So I’ll go back to my original thesis which is there was no way for the wolves to know Dandy was in bother voting wise. He had two of the earliest confirmed votes so would have been safe provided someone else finished with two votes.

So the theory that he would have moved to save himself is null

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Green&Red wrote:
    So I’ll go back to my original thesis which is there was no way for the wolves to know Dandy was in bother voting wise. He had two of the earliest confirmed votes so would have been safe provided someone else finished with two votes.

That's not true. We did a leader board of declared votes and he was up there with 4 undeclared votes left to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

fixxxer wrote: »
    It seems odd that you want to be suspicious of the Trainee FBI agent who wanted to time to get notes together to back claims and not ya know, the guy who wont explain himself.

The reason I said gun to head, is that I did not want you to read from notes. I wanted whats in your head now calls. off the cuff.

sKeith wrote: »
    undeclared voters
    barney
    cross
    digi
    duff
    loughc
    succubus

There were 6 undeclared when voting closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Pter wrote:
    i guess that makes sense......ill take some time to reconsider my vote tonight.

Pter wrote:
    I need more time in general. Ive a deadline this evening hence the rushed and unresearched posts. Im posting and doing my job half and half and not really doing either justice. Hence....Im happy to move my vote to fixxxer for now.

Jesus I have to focus on work. I'm contradicting myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

fixxxer wrote: »
    It seems odd that you want to be suspicious of the Trainee FBI agent who wanted to time to get notes together to back claims and not ya know, the guy who wont explain himself.

Without the context of the original ask, this would be a fair suspicion.

I'd like to hear from the rest of the village as to whether they expected a quick WvV or an in depth analysis... And if they agree with you that my suspicion is unwarranted.

I'm suspicious of everyone, not just you. Your actions simply jumped out at me, so I called it out.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Sorry, this was the text I was referring to, which actually was after the lynch deadline last nite, I had thought it was earlier

So the theory that he would have moved to save himself is null

So, you have ruled out wolf:duffman?

Gun to the head mean gimme your answer

NOW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

tenor.gif

Crosstownk

Why so quiet?

If you are only going to get 1 post in, over the next 30 or so hours, can you please declare who you are voting for in that vote.

• Advertisement

Maybe I should expand on this,

So, there was 3 votes on kitten, and 2 declared votes on dandy.

wolf:duffman has a third vote on dandy and is attempting to get last vote before 9.

Player Name|No. of Votes|Voters
    kitten_k|3|tritium, Ectoplasm, sKeith
    Dublinandy2|3|Pter, Green&Red, duffman13

My last vote was 20:42, so he didn't try very hard for last vote.
    I did try to re-vote closer to 8:59 but ended up voting after 9:00

He voted sometime after gnr and before 20:42

10:07 Pter votes Andy
    10:18 green votes Andy

Duffman said he voted when he was last online around 12:30. With 5 other undeclared voters it could be hard to lie about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Recap: SK had just called out to under pressure team mates Barney, Pter, Milkshake and yet unnamed colleague after they came under fire in their car when they had left to try to find the brick thrower and wolf.

The team followed the sound of SK’s voice but then he colleague DublinAndy2 had trouble focusing on held his hand up and made a fist, the age old symbol for stop. ‘What’s going on?’ DublinAndy2 said, Let’s get to SK and why can’t I see your face. ‘Face scrambler, we can’t go in there, it’s not safe.’… ‘But what about SK, it must be if he’s calling us’ ‘I said NO’ started the scrambled face man’ Just because you’re a gimp doesn’t mean you know it all, this has all been a trick, we need to get back to the house ,back to safety, follow me’ DublinAndy2, Pter and Barney dutifully followed, leaving SK all alone.

Once they got back to the house they could see the sobbing, hear the wailing. They got him, tritium and managed to fool us, we killed Kitten thinking she was a wolf. Scrambled face man at this point screamed a noise no human should be able to scream and ripped his face mask off, it was Bounty Hunter.

You, he said pointing at DublinAndy2 with his finger straight but quivering, you caused this. Making us think Pter was a wolf, mental retardation doesn’t always mean they’re a wolf! And then taking us on a wild goose chase, two of our colleagues are dead now’ As he said this a single tear came down his face, and it was quite a sight to see the weather beaten face of this lawman who had been a texas ranger before signing up to the FBI shed a tear, what emotion.

‘Ha, Ha’ said Pter as he came into DublinAndy2’s field of vision. Smirking away while munching on chicken mcnuggets the size of a house brick. ‘So who is a wolf?’ DublinAndy2 said, more to himself than anyone else, fully confused at this point.

Crosstownk, Digital Solitude, Duffman, Fixxer, SK, Loughc, SK or tusk. Came into DublinAndy2’s head, maybe it’s one of these but could he trust bounty hunter declaring Pter safe but leaving SK to die as if she’s been caught polishing her two fangs in her mouth.

DublinAndy2 wasn’t sure about anything other than one thing, wolves can’t sing, so he sat down and a plan started to hatch…

I somehow disappeared between paragraph one and paragraph two!

Whoops, trying to write while looking like I'm doing real work. I'll slot you back in on the next one, some secret mission no doubt or victim of SK

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Think I need a copy of the cliff notes cheat book. I think I'm this guy
    theflash_HRfacechange.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Being spirited away like

giphy.gif

:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Note to self: Improve flavour to beat Dublinandy's

Pter wrote: »
    Who is leaving things. I brought this up yesterday consistently, i brought it up today again as soon as i could. I never left it. If i was dropping things in to ferment, i wouldnt put it in my FFA, which is going to be looked at by everyone. Aggressive from you this game.

You didn't bring it up previously. What I called you out on here was specifically saying if Dandy is not a wolf then I must be. Thats just not the case

Pter wrote: »
    I am a villager. When i flip good GnR will have trouble because he is so dug in against me. You too, to a lesser degree BH. This actually makes me inclined to leave you both be for now.

This is more of the same, a complete jump. I've said a few times I suspect you cause you're acting dodgy as f**k but you didnt even make my FFA. Thats some persecution complex you've got going and all cause I called you out on pocketing, do you always hold grudges this long? :pac:

Not at all, he voted when both Petr and I were two of the only confirmed votes. If he knew he was going to be away for the day it was a safe vote for a wolf

• Advertisement

Not at all, he voted when both Petr and I were two of the only confirmed votes. If he knew he was going to be away for the day it was a safe vote for a wolf

If you reread #1028, you will see that there is more context than this reply suggests. (look at the bolded text in the quote)

Your original thesis was that there was no way for the wolves to know Dandy was in bother voting wise. But, if duffman:wolf, then all the wolves would have know that dandy was on 3 votes ever since around 12:30 that afternoon. (ty sm).

So, you are now going back to your original thesis which is flawed because you are ignoring the possibility of wolf:duffman.

sKeith - is this the basis for your idea that duffman was the potential victim of a framing attempt with whiplashy's munch?
    Hey all,

I always find posts like this odd, basically saying I forgot the game was on etc, always stinks wolf to me

Anyway, 100 posts per phase max :) I'll do well to do 50. At least it appears to be slow moving anyway

I'm sorry but this logic is flawed. If Dandy is a wolf there was no way for him to know he was on three votes with Kitten, only Petr and I had him down for a vote, Cartman's was an undeclared vote AFAIK. He was not in any danger as both Petr and I had put in our orders very early and hadn't moved.

I don't want another case where we clear someone based on erroneous information.

I'd like to reiterate this, while Dandy was on two votes all day yesterday it was two of the earliest confirmed votes. He didnt look to be in any bother, especially with Kitten being bandwagonned.

Duffmans vote was unknown until after 9pm.

I don't think it should be used as an excuse to clear him but I would say its very unlikely that both Duffman and Dandy are wolves

If you reread #1028, you will see that there is more context than this reply suggests. (look at the bolded text in the quote)

Your original thesis was that there was no way for the wolves to know Dandy was in bother voting wise. But, if duffman:wolf, then all the wolves would have know that dandy was on 3 votes ever since around 12:30 that afternoon. (ty sm).

So, you are now going back to your original thesis which is flawed because you are ignoring the possibility of wolf:duffman.

Posted before I read this but Duffman and Dandy are not both wolves

Hey all,

I always find posts like this odd, basically saying I forgot the game was on etc, always stinks wolf to me

Anyway, 100 posts per phase max :) I'll do well to do 50. At least it appears to be slow moving anyway
    Can you explain why whiplashys post stinks of wolf but dubandys did not get a mention from you.
    If this is how you wolf hunt, then why didnt you flag the other occurance?

The way you explain it, for some reason you have latched onto whiplashy, but have decided to let the other go.

Can you explain the inconsistencies in your method of wolfhunting better so I can figure out why one is to be considered wolf and the other is not, from your point of view.
    Fair point Keith, I missed dublinandys post or glazed over it. More the terminology, in a different life I was wolf and that was my first post, "oh forgot all about this" Someone else said the same so I munched them, the other person turned out to be the seer so since then I've always been intrigued by those posts.
    > in a different life I was wolf

This some silly code for in another game? what game? I'd like to see if it played out like you are describing.

Items I'll be looking at are your opening post and the seers opening post;

If it all pans out as you say here, then I'll accept your wolfhunting method and will be surprised if you are not pushing hard for andy and whip lynches.

If you are villager, you have no reason to lie, so it will all pan out as you say, if it don't, then i know u are telling porkies.
    Live Game, one night in Saipan, have fun! Pretty sure it was that one, I'm not as good as some of you at remembering games but give it a bash
    Actually maybe it wasn't that gsme, I'll check tomorrow cause I'm up at 5am but I'll find it. We've a little time to figure it out
    Saipan? i was a wolf, loughc was the seer.

loughc opening post =

duff opening post =

are you sure this is the game?
    Yep, we have time on our side.
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057835069/1

Just to clarify it was a different live game, live game 4. Guffy seer, me lone wolf!
    Werewolf XXIII - Live Game Version 4
    duff lone wolf

guffy was seer.

Story lines up.

Thanks for that.

How hard will you push andy and whip over their entries?
    It's a situation of, if nothing else twigs my suspicion id be voting for one or the other. I'll keep a closer on eye on their posts as a result but just an observation from a previous earlier game.

I've never really been able to see if it bore fruit till now cause both a good roled and bad player said it but cause there is no good roled players I mentioned it. It's something of a filler ala "Oh, I'm not important, just remembered there was a game" kind of post
    Barney92 wrote: »
    sKeith - is this the basis for your idea that duffman was the potential victim of a framing attempt with whiplashy's munch?
    Thats only the start, here, i've grabbed relevant conversation here.

I don't really know why whippy, and trit as one of the people on the flipped winning wagon is another strange one.

I'd like to reiterate this, while Dandy was on two votes all day yesterday it was two of the earliest confirmed votes. He didnt look to be in any bother, especially with Kitten being bandwagonned.

Duffmans vote was unknown until after 9pm.

I don't think it should be used as an excuse to clear him but I would say its very unlikely that both Duffman and Dandy are wolves

So with 16 votes accounted for, dandy was in joint second. There were six people yet to vote at this stage, or at least yet to confirm who they voted for (including myself). Duffman had indicated he'd be voting for dandy which would put dandy joint first with kitten. I had said I was most suspicious of fixxxer and kolido so was unlikely to break the tie. Then we had four unaccounted for votes - which legitimately could have gone anywhere. So to say he didn't look in any bother seems a bit disingenuous.
    who was voted| by who| current count

kittenk|trit,ecto,sKeith|3
    skeith|kittenk,skunk|2
    dandy|pter, green|2
    skunk| qb, tusk|2
    green| fixxxer|1
    cross| calrabel|1
    loughc| kolido|1
    pter| dandy|1
    duff|tb|1
    straw|BH|1

kolido|straw|1

skunks vote added.
    undeclared voters
    barney - I hadn't suspected either kitten or dandy so likely to keep it at 3-3 tie
    cross - wild card / could have voted for anyone - did anything they would vote for kolido?
    digi - wild card / could have voted for anyone - did anything suspect he would vote for me?
    duff - had indicated they'd be on dandy
    loughc - wild card / could have voted for anyone - did not vote
    succubus - wild card / could have voted for anyone - did not vote

I certainly didn’t think it was clear Duff was voting for Dandy

I didn't either if I'm being fully honest. His name only came into my head when he posted after the deadline he voted for me. Duffman that is. So if it wasn't clear for me it wouldn't be for others.

I think it's better to have a proper discussion on me than everyone suddenly assume I'm clear because all that will happen is at some point someone will realise I'm clear on opinion rather than fact and then it'll be too hard to escape the lynch. I'd rather the detailed analysis now so I can be cleared and not have suspicion further down the line.

I certainly didn’t think it was clear Duff was voting for Dandy

Probably should have said that dublinandy was one of the few he'd posted about once it was brought to his attention that he'd done the same thing as whiplashy. So even moving him from the voting for dandy pile would leave Dublinandy one vote behind kitten, with five people who could potentially vote for either of them. I'm not including myself here because I hadn't indicated I'd vote for either of them. Dublinandy would have to be quite confident that none of those five would vote for him for him not to vote to save himself. Duffman did vote for him to bring it to 3-3. He says he wasn't aware that duffman might vote for him, which further strengthens this case. If he wasn't aware that someone who actually did vote for him was planning on doing so that doesn't say much about his being able to plan that four others would not vote for him.

• Advertisement

SKeiths move to Kitten is TWTBAW (I've wanted to use that since my first game) - Is he on the up and up and just wanted a wagon or

is he a wolf with Dandy or Kolido and got spooked that we might be voting out one of his buddies?

Definite huge red flag

Okay, So we have shown how dandy could have been a possible buddy in threat and I moved to save him. fine. I'll accept that.

Now, please explain how you thought kolido was under threat with 1 vote from straw and one undeclared voter cross on him.

What make kolido stand out among this crowd.
    green| fixxxer|1
    cross| calrabel|1
    loughc| kolido|1
    pter| dandy|1
    duff|tb|1
    straw|BH|1
    kolido|straw|1

TheSkunk wrote: »
    just that I’m a bit of a tick
    You're really not though. I had a behind the scenes view of your first game and tick is not what I seen.
    TheSkunk wrote: »
    -snip-
    SK you made a link between me and Kitten being a team yesterday and then asked for my read on her. Why was it that you had her in your head then? At the time I said nothing of hers stood out and it still doesn’t so am interested to see why you thought that as I don’t have time to search for the posts.

I don't recall making a team link between you, I was thinking you had TMI about kitten being good. I wanted your read on her, due to you saying that I was annoying her. To me, you were deflecting my questions and saying that i was rude to kitten. My kitten reads and my skunk reads were independent reads.
    I think it would be a good idea if someone could look back and see who was the first person to vote for Kitten, was it Trit? Then Ecto and then SK?
    -sinp-

So, last night, we has a kitten lynch and she flipped village. There were 3 suspects for the village, 3 potential mislynches.
    If there was a wolf on kitten, don't you think they would be in hiding, a 1 in 3 chance of being caught.

but no.

the wolves munch trit leaving only 2 people left on kitten. So, they reduced their odds of hiding from 66% to 50%.

Do you think wolf:me or wolf:ecto would reduce or odds of being lynched?

How does that make sense to you?

I think this is where the current declared voting is at now.
    who| count| who by
    fixxxer | 2| Strawbs, pter
    digi |1| sKeith

Advertisement