Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

How would you guys play this game as wolves Kolido and Clara and QB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Pter wrote: »

Exact same way Im playing it now pter :)

Kolido wrote:
    Exact same way Im playing it now pter

Wait.... What

Pter wrote:
    People let things slip when chatting.
    Kolido wrote:
    Exact same way Im playing it now pter

Hmmmmmmmm

Wait.... What

Like a villager.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Hmmmmmmmm

He's being playing anti-village, but i think his playstyle is just anti-village when he is villa alligned. maybe he will shift gears later on.
    I've even moved him from having wolf equity back to nullish, as its just his playstlye. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110140059&postcount=961

Kolido wrote:
    Like a villager.

So you are playing like a villager, not as a villager?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

As I usually do. That there are no villager roles, or indeed wolf roles wouldn’t change how I play. I feel I play the same regardless of role (when non-anon at least). Others probably disagree. When anon, I do try to hide who I am a bit more. Do less spreadsheets for example. Not that I can do them any more. I used to be able to copy and paste from Excel and wrap in ‘table’ tags but that doesn’t seem to work for me any more. I don’t know if it’s new laptop causing it, or a change in Boards. Probably the former.

I think saying, as you have P, that there’d be one loud, one quiet and one middle player gives the wolves too much credit. It really depends on who draws wolf. I mean could you imagine that working out if Necro, Keith and Bounty were playing (for example). Each will stick to their own style that suits themselves instead of deciding to dole out styles as you suggest.

So you are playing like a villager, not as a villager?

Im playing as a villager like a villager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I think I'd play as a chatty wolf. Rather than the stressed panic, must read, must vote must be a good villager.

I like the idea now of weeding out low posting players. People who are contributing are worth keeping around

• Advertisement

I've seen Necro.... No I can't even say it. Yeah Necro would be the loud one.

I've seen Keith do a wolf support role before. He would be the middle.

BH could play quiet. I think he did in Sherlock.

I'd be in the Necro school though. Wouldn't be able to shut up. So I take your point some people will be loud regardless.

I'd be amazed if there isn't a quiet wolf in this game tho.

I've seen Necro.... No I can't even say it. Yeah Necro would be the loud one.

I've seen Keith do a wolf support role before. He would be the middle.

BH could play quiet. I think he did in Sherlock.

Yeah, but I’ve never read a wolf backroom where a strategy like that was discussed and decided on. Wolves tend to just do their own thing.

Clarabel wrote: »
    I think I'd play as a chatty wolf. Rather than the stressed panic, must read, must vote must be a good villager.

I like the idea now of weeding out low posting players. People who are contributing are worth keeping around

The wolves are going to take out the loud suspects anyhow, so I like this approach for a day or two as well.

It does mean we will lose good people though as we lynch the dregs away, the wolves will take out the good solvers. But we might strike it lucky and get a wolf down there.

quickbeam wrote:
    Yeah, but I’ve never read a wolf backroom where a strategy like that was discussed and decided on. Wolves tend to just do their own thing.

So how would we tell you were a wolf if you were one QB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

What do wolves tend to discuss?

Clarabel wrote:
    What do wolves tend to discuss?

Reacting to stuff.

So how would we tell you were a wolf if you were one QB.

If people thought I did a task when I actually didn’t but was still a wolf. That got me good and proper.

quickbeam wrote:
    If people thought I did a task when I actually didn’t but was still a wolf. That got me good and proper.

In this type of game thought with no tasks or roles.

In this type of game thought with no tasks or roles.

I think I’ve answered that. I aim to play the same regardless of role. Others may disagree though.

This game I’m playing the villager role because I’m a villager.

Previously I’ve played the villager role when I was a wolf.

Cleverer people than me spot the difference that I don’t even intend.

I don't think I'm happy with that answer but I'm too tired to press further tonight.

Night QB and night everyone!

• Advertisement

Press tomorrow when you’ve slept on it. I’ve nothing to hide. Not sure what’s not to like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

quickbeam wrote: »
    As I usually do. That there are no villager roles, or indeed wolf roles wouldn’t change how I play. I feel I play the same regardless of role (when non-anon at least). Others probably disagree. When anon, I do try to hide who I am a bit more. Do less spreadsheets for example. Not that I can do them any more. I used to be able to copy and paste from Excel and wrap in ‘table’ tags but that doesn’t seem to work for me any more. I don’t know if it’s new laptop causing it, or a change in Boards. Probably the former.

I think saying, as you have P, that there’d be one loud, one quiet and one middle player gives the wolves too much credit. It really depends on who draws wolf. I mean could you imagine that working out if Necro, Keith and Bounty were playing (for example). Each will stick to their own style that suits themselves instead of deciding to dole out styles as you suggest.

Any anon game now where someone uses/mentions using a spreadsheet most people think that person is you.

If you were a wolf do you think you'd have been more antagonistic in this game?

Barney92 wrote: »
    Any anon game now where someone uses/mentions using a spreadsheet most people think that person is you.

If you were a wolf do you think you'd have been more antagonistic in this game?

Was gonna give an antagonistic answer to that for the lols then remembered I’m a mod now so best be on good behaviour :P

In answer, no, I don’t think I would.

Player Name | No. of Votes | Voters
    kitten_k | 3 | tritium, Ectoplasm, sKeith
    Dublinandy2 | 3| Pter, Green&Red, duffman13
    sKeith |2| kitten_k, TheSkunk
    TheSkunk |2| quickbeam, tusk
    Kolido |2| crosstownk, Strawberry Milkshake
    Barney92 |1| Digital Solitude
    fixxxer |1 | Barney92
    Green&Red |1| fixxxer
    Pter |1| Dublinandy2
    duffman13 |1| Triceratops Ballet
    Loughc |1| Kolido
    crosstownk |1| Clarabel
    Strawberry Milkshake |1| Bounty Hunter
    Did Not Vote: Succubus_, Loughc

kitten_k lynched by virtue of last vote cast.

Here's Day1 lynch from my pov at the monent. Yes, a wolf could have sneaked into my leaning village, but stong village and lock village are near dead cert for me.

I was always saving my village lean over my wolf lean (check my long posts and you will see that dandy was village lean and kittenk was wolf lean), sorry kittenk, but if I win you win and your lynch did solve ecto for me.

Pter is orange, cause he is in my nulls, but I am warming to him being villa. not there yet, but nearly.
    Strawberry is orange because gun to head, i say village, but the switcharoo has me being cautious here.

Its only day 2 but i feel i still need to trust more people to figure this out.

Would love a wolf flip.

I believe the spew would be a treasure trove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

sKeith wrote: »
    Its only day 2 but i feel i still need to trust more people to figure this out.

Would love a wolf flip.

I believe the spew would be a treasure trove.

Unless it’s someone who hasn’t said anything

Unless it’s someone who hasn’t said anything
    haha, like "First" :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Guys my head is fried. Got back really late and have been catching up on my phone, feel like my head wasn't in it though and didn't gain much from most of the day.

Just got on the laptop though so I can look back over a few posts from everyone to get a better read. Feel like there's too many people being talked about that I don't have anything on and don't see why people are questioning them. Not looking to band wagon but more so for myself.

Will post up my thoughts on everyone I guess, good or bad just to get them out and for future reference I guess. Can't think of anything else to add, sorry.

SK your post about my last game made me laugh out loud. If you remember I also got my partner killed, became a paranoid wreck checking the game in my work toilet, tunnelled Drumpot to the ends of the earth and completely missed Necro hiding in plain sight. Still haven't gotten over that one btw Necro :(

I'm not making any reference of that to how I'm playing now, I just thought it was funny.

Morning fellow trainees, nice waking up knowing there is no munch.

Having slept on it, Im sorta warming to Keithy, he gets me. Wouldn't put him town just yet but also wouldn't lynch him.

Unless something changes, I will probably vote Strawbs for the late switcharoo last time.

• Advertisement

Do you not think the way the lynch vote went kinda does make him town? Where are your doubts about him, K?

Advertisement