Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Also what do you think about shooting into our absentee posters for the lynch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Kolido wrote: »
    Morning fellow trainees, nice waking up knowing there is no munch.

Having slept on it, Im sorta warming to Keithy, he gets me. Wouldn't put him town just yet but also wouldn't lynch him.

Unless something changes, I will probably vote Strawbs for the late switcharoo last time.

Why? Are you not feeling hungry this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Good morning!

Spent far too long last night trawling posts, had to go asleep but will post my notes when I’ve had some coffee. I’m so tired :o

Kolido can I just ask on the switcheroo, as everyone is saying a wolf wouldn’t hide in the other two who voted Kitten. If Strawbs was a wolf, would she jump ship not knowing SK would still vote for Kitten? Surely she’d be questioned anahway for changing votes so many times?

Looking at my notes I don’t get a wolf vibe off of her. I know she said about being killed to save a newbie, I think she said after that she was doing it to see would anyone jump onto her. Also noted it was her idea to declare votes on thread. Why come up with that when it it’s after coming back to bite her now?

I suspect I may be busy today but so here is my ffa but this will most likely change this evening when I've read a days worth of posts.

#FFA2

1) fixxer - seemed to jump on g and r because i was disputing with him and others did too at the time, no real thought. However this is quite flimsy

2) pter - still think he's playing a good game however he talks like mary and if I'm right he is then he's not a wolf

3) The dude that said first, did nothing else but still voted, I forget his name.

All of these are quite flimsy so don't imagine these are set in stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Digi

• Advertisement

2) pter - still think he's playing a good game however he talks like mary and if I'm right he is then he's not a wolf

What?

Pter wrote: »
    Also what do you think about shooting into our absentee posters for the lynch?

You can't win can you.

I support this, but if you're a wolf and you know the low posters are all village then this makes this approach very appealing for a wolf to kill off a few villagers

Any chance someone can check if the low posters have been posting else where on boards this week?

#stalker

Let’s see if this shifts them.

Unvote: Fixxer
    Vote: Crosstownk - 2 posts so far but got a vote in

#FFFA2

Succubus - 4 posts so far this game
    Loughc - 2 posts so far this game
    Digital - 1 post so far this game but got a vote in

It’s now Friday and we started last Friday. With respect to the players I have wolf leans on they are at least involved in the game. These lot above are a cloud hanging over us. Will the wolves leave them there so we always have doubt? If it turned out that all 4 above are villagers and we lynched them one by one, what would that do to are numbers and mislynch opportunities later?

Clarabel wrote: »
    Any chance someone can check if the low posters have been posting else where on boards this week?

#stalker

That would be meta gaming and against the rules.

• Advertisement

That would be meta gaming and against the rules.

I was wondering that alright. Thanks for clearing that up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I don't think there is much point in lynching lough or succubus this lynch anyway. If either doesn't vote they'll be modkilled. I think they're also more likely to be disinterested villagers, or villagers where something has come up for them. I'd also maybe throw digi into this disinterested one because his vote for me seemed to me like it was done because I was first on the lynch list. Cross may have put more thought into their vote but still may be somewhat disinterested as a villager. I don't think we should be lynching any of them.
    Let’s see if this shifts them.

Unvote: Fixxer
    Vote: Crosstownk - 2 posts so far but got a vote in

#FFFA2

Succubus - 4 posts so far this game
    Loughc - 2 posts so far this game
    Digital - 1 post so far this game but got a vote in

It’s now Friday and we started last Friday. With respect to the players I have wolf leans on they are at least involved in the game. These lot above are a cloud hanging over us. Will the wolves leave them there so we always have doubt? If it turned out that all 4 above are villagers and we lynched them one by one, what would that do to are numbers and mislynch opportunities later?

Barney92 wrote: »
    I don't think there is much point in lynching lough or succubus this lynch anyway. If either doesn't vote they'll be modkilled. I think they're also more likely to be disinterested villagers, or villagers where something has come up for them. I'd also maybe throw digi into this disinterested one because his vote for me seemed to me like it was done because I was first on the lynch list. Cross may have put more thought into their vote but still may be somewhat disinterested as a villager. I don't think we should be lynching any of them.

I like this statement because if any turn out to be wolf so is Barney so I'm happy to follow it if needed.

@pter Mary may be the wrong name but i know who i mean in my head and I think it makes you quite safe, probably.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

If it turned out that all 4 above are villagers and we lynched them one by one, what would that do to are numbers and mislynch opportunities later?

Oooh, Maths!!

Currently 20 players: 17 villagers 3 wolves.
    First mislynch tonight: 16V / 3W
    Munch: 15V / 3W
    Second mislynch: 14V / 3W
    Munch: 13V / 3W
    Third mislynch: 12V / 3W
    Munch: 11V / 3W
    Fourth mislynch: 10V / 3W
    Munch: 9V / 3W

So it certainly wouldn't be end-game. But a 9 v 3 situation wouldn't really be a comfortable spot for the villagers to be in On the other hand, there'd be far less room for the wolves to hid if there were three in twelve?

Maybe it's worth trying it once or twice and reassessing? A lot will depend on who is munched in between too. Of course if wolves known we're going down the "lynch low posters" route they'll munch in high posters and not do our job for us.

We’re currently at 20 players 17 villagers vs 3 wolfs.

If those 4 returned as villagers via lynches plus 4 munches that would leave it at 9 vs 3

If 2 were mod killed it would reduce the munch ratio making 11 vs 3

That would be a large leap Andy, if you ask me. If two of them turn out to be wolves then yeah I'd not appear to be in a great spot I grant you.

Also when you say follow it what do you mean? I'm saying we shouldn't lynch them, if we don't then how would they turn out to be a wolf?
    I like this statement because if any turn out to be wolf so is Barney so I'm happy to follow it if needed.

@pter Mary may be the wrong name but i know who i mean in my head and I think it makes you quite safe, probably.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Though the past 23 hours have given me a lot of food for though, I'm not feeling all that different on those on the bottom of my reads list. Skunk I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt to, so that leaves my...

#FFA2:

Kolido
    Fixxxer
    Crosstown

Of those I don't really have a clear idea of which I'll vote for though.

That would be a large leap Andy, if you ask me. If two of them turn out to be wolves then yeah I'd not appear to be in a great spot I grant you.

Also when you say follow it what do you mean? I'm saying we shouldn't lynch them, if we don't then how would they turn out to be a wolf?

By follow I mean I'm happy to not vote for one of them this time around. IF the inactives then get mod killed but the others are still voting then it'd be more of a target.

We have to accept casualties early in the game so why not go for one that's been involved. Not at random but let people vote with instinct and see who comes out at the end.

Then why am I on your ffa. An ffa is an opportunity to get people to look at those you suspect, not the other way around.

Clarabel wrote: »
    You can't win can you.

I support this, but if you're a wolf and you know the low posters are all village then this makes this approach very appealing for a wolf to kill off a few villagers

1) Im not a wolf
    2) This strategy MIGHT get us a wolf, but we could kill a villager (negative point)
    3) That villager isnt contributing anyway, so its not as big a loss as losing a contributing villager to a lynch (positive point)
    4) If we kill one low poster that is a villager, it may give the others a kick up the bum to start posting. (positive point)
    5) There are no roled villagers, so at worst, we lose a ****e NRV (with all due respect to those non posting NRVs down there (positive point)

3v1 for the positives for this plan, imo.

• Advertisement

Vote put in on digi, as our lowest poster.

1) Im not a wolf
    2) This strategy MIGHT get us a wolf, but we could kill a villager (negative point)
    3) That villager isnt contributing anyway, so its not as big a loss as losing a contributing villager to a lynch (positive point)
    4) If we kill one low poster that is a villager, it may give the others a kick up the bum to start posting. (positive point)
    5) There are no roled villagers, so at worst, we lose a ****e NRV (with all due respect to those non posting NRVs down there (positive point)

3v1 for the positives for this plan, imo.

I think we're more likely to find a wolf in the rest of the group to be honest. I think there's a slim chance of a wolf being in those four.

By focusing on those four for the lynch then the remaining wolves don't have to worry too much about getting lynched, so there'll be less to gain from voting patterns I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Do you not think the way the lynch vote went kinda does make him town? Where are your doubts about him, K?

Did he not late switch to kitten who was town or do you mean the votes on him. If Strawbs flips wolf, Keith is town. They cant be both wolf imo, they wouldnt talk anout switching on tread.

Regarding the ghost voters, if they vote again tonight and no show, I would go for them. Its not a vil move to vote and not play, if you cant play, leave the game and dont have us waste lynches on you.
    Why? Are you not feeling hungry this morning?

Had a nice breakfast, ta.

You shading or shaking trees?
    TheSkunk wrote: »
    Good morning!

Spent far too long last night trawling posts, had to go asleep but will post my notes when I’ve had some coffee. I’m so tired :o

Kolido can I just ask on the switcheroo, as everyone is saying a wolf wouldn’t hide in the other two who voted Kitten. If Strawbs was a wolf, would she jump ship not knowing SK would still vote for Kitten? Surely she’d be questioned anahway for changing votes so many times?

Looking at my notes I don’t get a wolf vibe off of her. I know she said about being killed to save a newbie, I think she said after that she was doing it to see would anyone jump onto her. Also noted it was her idea to declare votes on thread. Why come up with that when it it’s after coming back to bite her now?

Would make sense if both strawbs and keith were wolf, however I dont think that is the case, please see reply to pter above.

I like your thinking though.

I suppose we should wait and see if any are mod killed tonight and come back to it in next phase?

Unvote: Crosstownk
    Vote: Kolido

Come at me, bro!

Then why am I on your ffa. An ffa is an opportunity to get people to look at those you suspect, not the other way around.

Because you're not totally safe and you're still in my 3. I did state it was quite flimsy so it's not like I'm trying to start a bandwagon on you. Just saying what's in my head right now.

Because you're not totally safe and you're still in my 3. I did state it was quite flimsy so it's not like I'm trying to start a bandwagon on you. Just saying what's in my head right now.

Fair enough i guess. Id prefer you find someone you are leaning wolf on rather than someone you think is good but not quite.

I think we're more likely to find a wolf in the rest of the group to be honest. I think there's a slim chance of a wolf being in those four.

By focusing on those four for the lynch then the remaining wolves don't have to worry too much about getting lynched, so there'll be less to gain from voting patterns I reckon.

So you think all three wolves are active?

Kolido wrote: »
    Did he not late switch to kitten who was town or do you mean the votes on him. If Strawbs flips wolf, Keith is town. They cant be both wolf imo, they wouldnt talk anout switching on tread.

I mean if he was a wolf and went on kitten, he was 1 of three people on that vote. However, Trit was also on that vote and was munched. Would a wolf go onto that wagon and then kill half of the other suspects, highlighting themself as 1 of 2 that could be wolfy?

So you think all three wolves are active?

More active than those four anyway.

• Advertisement

Barney92 wrote:
    More active than those four anyway.

I'm sorry Barney i may have missed it but could you throw up an ffa or reads list for me based on this, so?

Advertisement