Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

FWIW, I think your intentions are good even if I don’t agree with them. Modkilled or lynched we get the result so I don’t see it you being so vocal and drawing so much attention if you were a wolf.

I guess that's true. We do get some info anyway. I'll go with the consensus on this one, much as I want to keep backing myself.

Wait so can we kill the low posters not due to be Mod killed?

God I hate low posting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

FWIW, I think your intentions are good even if I don’t agree with them. Modkilled or lynched we get the result so I don’t see it you being so vocal and drawing so much attention if you were a wolf.

The silence from others on this discussion is interesting.

I agree with this. I think he’s wrong. But I can’t see a scenario where a wolf would make this suggestion.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Pter wrote: »

God I hate low posting.

I have no problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I think I'm getting to grips with the ins and outs of this more.

I'm veering on the side of QB and SM. This doesn't mean I think Pter is a wolf, however, I think his reasoning is similar to mine was, so feeling villagery to me.

After reading through all the back and forths, I think the best bet is to actually leave the low posters for now and focus our discussion on people we have communication from.

• Advertisement

I echo the suspicion of people who haven't been interested in chiming in on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

No.
    The village control the lynch 17:3
    The wolves control the munch.
    If we give up control of the lynch for two days lynching our would be modkills, we are giving full control of the game over to the wolves for those two days.

God I hate low posting.

Yes, that's perfectly acceptable proposal.

Does anyone have an updated post count chart?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Catching up so posting while 5 pages behind.

Lynch the posters who voted but didnt post, leave the other 2 to be modkilled if needed.

Best plan surely?

• Advertisement

who|posts|percentage
    sKeith|230|18.10%
    Pter|167|13.14%
    Strawberry Milkshake|100|7.87%
    Green&Red|74|5.82%
    Dublinandy2|71|5.59%
    quickbeam|68|5.35%
    Kolido|64|5.04%
    Barney92|57|4.48%
    tusk|57|4.48%
    Ectoplasm|52|4.09%
    Clarabel|49|3.86%
    Bounty Hunter|48|3.78%
    TheSkunk|46|3.62%
    fixxxer|44|3.46%
    kitten_k|32|2.52%
    Necro|29|2.28%
    Triceratops Ballet|26|2.05%
    tritium|21|1.65%
    duffman13|10|0.79%
    Whiplashy|8|0.63%
    sullivlo|6|0.47%
    Succubus_|4|0.31%
    Digital Solitude|4|0.31%
    Loughc|2|0.16%
    crosstownk|2|0.16%

fixxxer wrote: »
    Catching up so posting while 5 pages behind.

Lynch the posters who voted but didnt post, leave the other 2 to be modkilled if needed.

Best plan surely?

Why is this better than focusing on people who've been posting who we can actually have ideas about though?

Sorry for my constant flip-flopping on this, but the more I think about it, the more my mind changes :confused:

sKeith wrote: »
    who|posts|percentage
    sKeith|230|18.10%
    Pter|167|13.14%
    Strawberry Milkshake|100|7.87%
    Green&Red|74|5.82%
    Dublinandy2|71|5.59%
    quickbeam|68|5.35%
    Kolido|64|5.04%
    Barney92|57|4.48%
    tusk|57|4.48%
    Ectoplasm|52|4.09%
    Clarabel|49|3.86%
    Bounty Hunter|48|3.78%
    TheSkunk|46|3.62%
    fixxxer|44|3.46%
    kitten_k|32|2.52%
    Necro|29|2.28%
    Triceratops Ballet|26|2.05%
    tritium|21|1.65%
    duffman13|10|0.79%
    Whiplashy|8|0.63%
    sullivlo|6|0.47%
    Succubus_|4|0.31%
    Digital Solitude|4|0.31%
    Loughc|2|0.16%
    crosstownk|2|0.16%

Are you keeping track of this, or are you using some tool or something?

tusk wrote: »
    Are you keeping track of this, or are you using some tool or something?

Go back to WW forum, look for this thread, find the number of posts in thread column and click it. That shows you that list - mius the percentages stuff, thats just done with a spreadsheet.

If you want to iso people, from that post count screen, click the players post count, and it show all their posts, and you can sort newest first or oldest first.

sKeith wrote: »
    Go back to WW forum, look for this thread, find the number of posts in thread column and click it. That shows you that list - mius the percentages stuff, thats just done with a spreadsheet.

If you want to iso people, from that post count screen, click the players post count, and it show all their posts, and you can sort newest first or oldest first.

Oh My GAWD. That makes life so much easier. I thought you were all going back through the whole thread looking for peoples posts :/

Normally low posters would have a decent chance of being roled villagers, like a seer for example who need to stay under the radar but stay involved so they can gather information for the village.

In this game the only roles are wolves so a player voting but not posting has a strong bang of trying to avoid being modkilled for some reason i.e. they have a role

Players who don't post and don't vote are not likely to get involved so are probably going to be modkilled anyway. No need to waste a lynch on them.

None of its 100% but based on probabilities.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I mean look at how much info we got out of lynch 1 and munch 1. For me it helped clear Dandy and, to a degree, sKeith.

Why would we not want as many days (lynch & munch) as possible to gather info! Most of us are going to die anyway, we might as well give info to those villagers who survive.

This is where I have gotten to.

I think I read this mentioned more than once (might have to check if it was multiple people though)... He changed his vote and as a result was the direct cause (last vote did it) for a Villager (who herself called her out on it beforehand) to die in the form of Kitten. How did that partially clear him?!

Friday is by far my busiest day at work so I hope to catch up soon now that im heading home after dinner.

I'm not a fan of lynching the low posters yet... would be interesting in having a re-read and seeing who suggested it at the very least as I think a wolf might do so if they knew wolves were not there as it'd distract the village very well

I think I read this mentioned more than once (might have to check if it was multiple people though)... He changed his vote and as a result was the direct cause (last vote did it) for a Villager (who herself called her out on it beforehand) to die in the form of Kitten. How did that partially clear him?!

Friday is by far my busiest day at work so I hope to catch up soon now that im heading home after dinner.

I'm not a fan of lynching the low posters yet... would be interesting in having a re-read and seeing who suggested it at the very least as I think a wolf might do so if they knew wolves were not there as it'd distract the village very well

Start here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Hey all, so just returning to the land of the living. Have to catch up on the whole of yesterday so this will take a while but will post my notes shortly.

This was my summary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think Strawbs is a wolf, I've had that feeling since the start and I can't shake it. Her list of reads of players below feels insincere, like she had to come up with something for everyone and this is the best she could do. I'm not buying it.

I’m gonna fire up my reads list now even though it’s missing bounty and succubus because what Keith has said about skunk aligns with my thoughts.
    Barney92 - thinking the same way I am and has sometimes put those thoughts onto the thread before I have. Leaning good.
    Bounty Hunter - null reading up until they suggested keeping FFA
    Clarabel - null read here. Their posts a bit all over the shop so one minute I’m thinking they seem good then the next I’m wondering if it’s all an act so I can’t class them as anything but null read. One to watch.
    crosstownk - nothing to say but got a vote in. Have to settle for null right now.
    Digital Solitude - haven’t a read on them at all
    Dublinandy2 - based off Day1 lynch I can’t see how Andy could be a wolf
    duffman13 - hmmm leaning towards wolf right now. I could see a setup where they accuse whiplashy and also munch whiplashy trying the double bluff. The only thing that bugs me with this play is if it was setup in the back room, would one of the other wolfs have spotted that Andy also had a similar OP? 2 theories on that are 1) it was overlooked by all 2) duffman is the experienced player in the team and the other wolfs just went with his direction.
    Ectoplasm - keeping her reads list updated. I have a niggle here but the fact that tritium was munched leaving just her and Keith as only kitten voters left would leave her as a wolf very exposed. If Trit hadn’t been munched I would be more wary of ecto but he was munched so I’m left wondering if wolves wanted us distracted by concentrating on her or Keith. Leaning good.
    fixxxer - quite reserved in his posting style is our fixer and I don’t know why. Yeah, he has his messed up gifs and funny posts but the other posts leave me wondering. Like his retirement post. That’s relating to him never getting past day 3 I think. Is he just throwing it out there for us to think he must be village and will be munched? He’s not going gung ho on players looking for wolves. For that I have him leaning wolf. If fixer wolf look into succubus more as they were a flimsy 3rd on his FFA1
    Green&Red - arguing against the possibility of Andy being good and as weird as it may sound as I think that green may be good too. A villager should pick holes in everything, it’s their job. A wolf could just go with consensus to fit in.
    Kolido - ignoring Whiplashy jest post about them being a wolf is suspicious. If we had good roles in this game I could understand it but we only have wolfs. Wolf lean.
    Loughc - no read on him at all
    Pter - had an ongoing spat with Keith and was holding their own and not bothered how much attention it drew on them from others. Like Keith, put them in the spotlight for possible lynching so I’m leaning that they are probably good.
    quickbeam - null to slight wolf lean. Jumped on board the Andy being good theory after it was thrashed out. Trying to fit in?
    sKeith - brought themselves too much into the firing line with their aggressive approach to questioning people leaving themselves open to be voted for by disgruntled peeps. Add in jumping onto kitten bandwagon and there’s too much bringing attention upon themselves if they were a wolf so I’m leaning they are probably good.
    Strawberry Milkshake - good as good can be.
    Succubus_
    TheSkunk - I’m impressed with their style of play. Not afraid to get stuck in which is villager style but they’re posts read smart player and it wouldn’t shock me if they returned as wolf. Are we being hoodwinked or not? I can’t decide so has to be null.
    Triceratops Ballet - no fully involved in thread yet so has to be null read.
    tusk - I like tusk. They are reading the entire thread and asking questions about everything. Leaning good here.

Looking back through her other posts, theres the argument with Petr over the modkills, which as I said already are win-win for wolves and village IMO. As a wolf she could equally be happy enough with the two extra kills cause she knows they are village. I think its an easy fight to make for a wolf. If I knew for definite they were both village then I think it might appeal to me to get them out in case they reappear at a later date. Like I say its an easy argument for a wolf to make and look villagery. I wouldn't give village kudos for anyone on either side of the argument.

She starts by talking about how shes glad theres no RVs, well as a wolf she would be wouldn't she? She never actually advocated putting up our votes, subtle difference. Also not pushed on FFAs
    On a different note - we have one hour of posting between final voting and results of lynch announcement. In that hour we won’t know who’s going. Should we all be keeping track of our final vote time and declare in that hour? See if everything tallies then with the order of votes the mods give us?
    I agree on free voting. I’m not too pushed about FFAs either. We can change our votes as much as we want, right? I might play like they do on MU if we do. Fire a vote on someone and then declare on thread that I’m voting for them at that present moment in time.
    As I said a few days ago, I plan on firing a vote on somebody as soon as lynch form opens then declaring it on thread. Let that person argue their case and see if they can sway my opinion off them and onto someone else.

Also, I think we should all declare who we voted for after the lynch deadline but before the thread closes. Keep a note of your last vote time too. If I’m dead at 10, please try this out in my honour?
    The last bit here I really despise, its similar IMO to the "Oh I forgot the game was going ahead" - its wolfy as f**k for me and first raised my suspicions

Then first voter for Kitten, not too suspicious even if Kitten turned out Village
    Voted: Kitten K
    let’s see what the kitty has to say for herself.
    Then hums and haws with nobody but herself until she changes. Her inner-monolgue on site raises my suspicions. Then switches to Kolido
    Placeholder vote now placed on Kolido

She has a lot of "helpful" posts, basically collating information, it appears villagery without being anything ground breaking. Again very wolfy.
    She then comes up with her nonsense first 11 posters theory, which I have shown elsewhere to be statistically inaccurate. Couples this with a full list of Whiplashy interactions, again looks Villagery but basically just collating information. Sticks with Kolido as wolf
    Right, Im going off the theory that there is at least a wolf in the first half of players to post (11). Pter was no12 so hes in the middle and whiplashy was the beginning of the second half of posters. So, the lucky 11 are -

Kolido
    QB
    Fixxxer
    Loughc
    Green&Red
    DublinAndy
    Strawberry
    Kitten k
    Tritium
    Triceratops
    Barney

Whiplashy & Kolido - whips 1st post she calls Kolido a wolf for being first to post on thread. It reads like its in jest (has smiley face) but Kolido doesnt acknowledge it in any way. Later, Kolido asks whip has she caught up on thread. She thanks his post and responds that she has. End of interactions.

Whiplashy & QB - no interactions.

Whiplashy & fixxxer - no interactions

Whiplashy & Loughc - no interactions

Whiplashy & Green - no direct interactions. TB asks whether the new/newish players are male or female. Green answers on behalf of clarabel and whippy saying he thinks they are ladies.

Whiplashy & DubAndy - no direct interaction. Tritium makes a post re skunk which Andy disagrees with but whiplashy agrees with.

Whiplashy & Strawbs - whiplashy asks who left to post and strawbs provides the info. Post thanks by whiplashy.

Whiplashy & Kitten k - no interactions.

Whiplashy & Tritium - Trit says a post by skunk is odd and whiplashy responds saying she agrees with Trit and it has spiked her interest. Trit thanks this post.

Whiplashy & Triceratops - asks the newish players incl whip if they are male or female. No reply from whiplashy but her gender given by green.

Whiplashy & Barney - Barney quotes her post saying that she and green are saying similar things.

Now the rest

Whiplashy & Pter - Pter replies to her regarding settings for posts per page.

Whiplashy & Clarabel - whips 2nd post of game re volume if posts is thanked Clarabel. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & Succubus - whip is told succubus is one of the two left to post. She says she will be voting for one of these two. Whiplashy thanks succubus 1st post in game. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & Tusk - one of the two left to post which whiplashy says she will be voting for. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & SKeith - Keith notes that duffman has left Andy off his odd opening post comment even though both Andy and whiplashy said similar things. Skeith states in a different post that he has null read on whiplashy. Keith tells whiplashy that duffman has accused her due to her OP. Keith baffled by one of their sentences and whiplashy responds. She also believes Keith is village.

Whiplashy & Duffman - duffman finds her OP odd. Later rephrases to say it makes him think roled or wolf. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & Skunk - skunks posts asking about info gained from munch. Whiplashy replies that it will depend on who they munch and what that player may have posted. Agrees with Trit later that one of skunks posts is odd and has spiked her interest.

No other interactions with the rest of players.
    I think whiplashy may have been the first to be munched as shes pretty good at spotting things. Her track record of calling out wolves isnt bad at all so they wanted rid of her ASAP. This leads me to believe that the wolf team is not full of brand new players but probably a mix at least.
    FFA

Kolido will be in there anyway. He completely ignored her jest post about wolf being 1st to post. Ignoring it would be something a roled player would do but seeing as there are no good roles.....

The other 2 I have decided on yet.

Then comes up with the ludicrous idea that she'd take a bullet for a newbie. I don't know where to start on that, an empty promise that would never be taken up and if she is a villager would be terrible for the village. This is another massive red flag.

Vote back on Kitten
    Kitten, I’m putting my vote back on you. You’ve an hour and fifteen to convince me to switch off you again.

This is fun!!!!
    Then back to Kolido
    Necro and sully are gonna hate me. I’m not sure on kitten. I always vote for her every game without fail. I’ve put my vote back on Kolido

Threatens to move to Fixxer but doesnt actually. I wouldn't be surprised if there is wolf-on-wolf action here with either Fixxer or Keith
    Where is everyone? I’m looking forward to a Chinese fire drill (someone else explain what that is). Don’t move yet, Keith as I could be swayed and fixxxer is dodgy.

A lot of fluff follows but we get to what I would describe as the only meaningful post Strawbs has put up. If she turns wolf this could tell us a huge amount
    Trying to clear up any loose ends re Andy and Keith so I’m just saying what’s in my head.

If Andy was bad wolfs would try and get more votes onto another player to save.
    A wolf Keith saving a wolf Andy with a last minute vote and then munching one of the only other 2 voters on kitten would be madness as would be drawing way too much attention onto themselves.
    For instance - if Keith was lynched next and came back a wolf there would be a direct link to suspect Andy next. I can’t see a wolf Keith jumping on that wagon. If Andy were a wolf, I think at that stage he’d have to be sacrificed and distance made between them.

I’ve always though Keith is villager. Pter too as their interactions were too full on and I think if either of them were wolf they’d take a step back from the arguing. Now I have Andy as village giving me 3 probable clears.

Since then shes been mainly involved in the modkill debate.

What I'm seeing is a lot of stuff that could be taken as village friendly until you look closer and realise that its stuff that would be done anyway, FFA compilation etc.
    Her reads scream of someone saying stuff for the sake of it

Basically I'm convinced shes a wolf

Green&Red wrote: »

Basically I'm convinced shes a wolf

I appreciate this as the first full-on callout of a potential wolf. Essentially putting yourself in direct fireline if they flip villager.

Interested to see more experienced players than myself weigh in on this...

Its village friendly cos I is village!

On the self sacrifice thing - I can’t control who others vote for so what if everyone decided to vote for me first lynch? How could I come back and try to get them not to vote for me then? It was a sincere gesture and my death will confirm it.

Its village friendly cos I is village!

On the self sacrifice thing - I can’t control who others vote for so what if everyone decided to vote for me first lynch? How could I come back and try to get them not to vote for me then? It was a sincere gesture and my death will confirm it.

A sincere /empty/ gesture as I said to you before. Who is going to go that way when there are wolves to hunt. All it does is try and put you in the good books of new players.

Bring it on guys

And off they scurry to discuss what to say next or maybe they are waiting for a villager to keep the conversation alive and hope they can hide in numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

The only thing I can disagree with is the calculation and disagreement with Pter. All have realised that her calculations with qb was correct.

I've not really thought about her as a wolf so I don't think she is. Fixxer, Pter is now heading towards wolf for me. I know that's against popular opinion but meh, it's my opinion and g and r agreeing with Pter. I'd put those two in cahoots now with fixxer as a potential third wolf. But digi could be one too.

For those I've mentioned the question is why, the answer is apart from the above just because I think so.

I've not really thought about her as a wolf so I don't think she is. Fixxer, Pter is now heading towards wolf for me. I know that's against popular opinion but meh, it's my opinion and g and r agreeing with Pter. I'd put those two in cahoots now with fixxer as a potential third wolf. But digi could be one too.

I'm not and you will look silly or wolfy if or when I flip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I'm not and you will look silly or wolfy if or when I flip.

So be it

• Advertisement

tusk wrote: »
    My current thoughts, having not read back.

Next game I will definitely keep notes from the get go.

#FFA2
    Placeholder vote for Skunk
    Kolido
    Ecto

Dublinandy2 - Smack bam in the middle. Villagery I thought, but his unfounded defence of Skunk, who I have a heavy suspicion of makes me feel wolf vibes.

Ectoplasm - Dodgy vibes from Ecto at some point which I don't feel have been resolve from their posts. Wolf suspicion. Need to redback to be certain.

Kolido - had an initial suspicion of kolido, can't remember why, but he has not done anything yet to allay my fears. wolf suspicion.

TheSkunk - Dodgy feeling at the start, so put in placeholder vote. called out by trit which I and whippy agreed with. Whippy goes byebye. This hightens my suspicion. Defends self quite well, reduces my suspicion to a point where I'm happy to move my vote, but it's too late so my vote sticks. Trit gets the munch, which reawakens my suspicion. Suspicion is still high. Has me down as villager lean (potential pocket attempt knowing I'm probably their biggest challenger?) Placeholder vote currently on Skunk

So, you're thinking dandy skunk wolf team? If skunk flips wolf, will your suspicions of dandy evaporate?
    You know that a wolf:dandy, can defend a village:skunk.

Have you read any of my logic on why ecto is clear in my mind. You have me down as village lean, so you are already trusting me. Read over it and tell me why I'm wrong. #961

Advertisement