Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Few reads that were on my mind

Tusk - could be a great actor but I buy new player not on a team who can advise, so village lean

Pter - was a little suspicious but his reads weren't too far off my own at first, then after lynch, after he had gone so hard on DAndy whose vote on Pter makes him village imo as if he was a wolf he would have saved himself from a tie with Kitten I suspected him. When he tries to push a lynch on a modkill candidate that grew further.

Strawbs - G&R kind of summed up above why I voted for her last time but he had more time to digest. I'm still not sure why Kitten was suspected so much and she started the ball rolling on her.

sKeith - I flip a lot on him. I don't think his reads have been great and honestly think the wolves munched one of the others on Kitten of which he was one cos he could be a mislynch. He was in my ffa with the 2 above (not Tusk) but despite there being valid reasons to suspect him I don't think I'd be putting a vote in on him.

Then we have the low voters. I find it hard to choose between people I have nothing on but if that keeps being the case I will consider them more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Explanation of me and Skunk. In our last game he/she was the one I could trust only and it turned out in the end I was right. With everyone around my lying or just incorrect (that was a person in a role who was incorrect but adamant a wolf was a village) skunk was the only one to listen to all arguments, weigh up the evidence and form a correct opinion. So is they turn out to be wolf, so be it, grat game played by them. But out of everyone in this game I trust them the most having read their posts and with them being exactly like the posts in the last game (of which they spent half it it with people thinking they were a wolf too).

So you vote for her and if she's clear we've lost a good village, if not then I'm damned. Vote for me and if I'm clear she should be safe hopefully (wolf or not) and if I'm not she's screwed.

But for everyone telling me they're not wolf, she's the only one I believe 100% I say she, I don't know so I may flip to he occasionally. I am a loyal beast (hound rather than wolf) so I'm sticking by her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I was initially getting on board with Pter's idea but thinking more about it I don't agree with it. It's essentially going no lynch, which I can see his reasoning that it buys us more time, I think it works best in a multiwolf team game, not a game with one wolf team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

sKeith wrote: »
    So, you're thinking dandy skunk wolf team? If skunk flips wolf, will your suspicions of dandy evaporate?
    You know that a wolf:dandy, can defend a village:skunk.

Have you read any of my logic on why ecto is clear in my mind. You have me down as village lean, so you are already trusting me. Read over it and tell me why I'm wrong. #961

My problem with dandy's defence is that I didn't see a reason why he'd be so adamantly leaning village (with no real backup as to why). As a new player, I didn't notice anyone else having such strong early feelings towards someone absolutely being village. Except you on yourself of course!

Your logic on ecto is valid. It's more of a gut feeling for me. At the moment, I'm very open to being swayed if enough evidence is produced against someone outside my FFA.

Well this is the village kitty explaining my vote on her and my response.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Well this actually doesn't surprise me since you think I am a wolf every game :P
    This is true :D I gotta be right sometime, right?

• Advertisement

Explanation of me and Skunk. In our last game he/she was the one I could trust only and it turned out in the end I was right. With everyone around my lying or just incorrect (that was a person in a role who was incorrect but adamant a wolf was a village) skunk was the only one to listen to all arguments, weigh up the evidence and form a correct opinion. So is they turn out to be wolf, so be it, grat game played by them. But out of everyone in this game I trust them the most having read their posts and with them being exactly like the posts in the last game (of which they spent half it it with people thinking they were a wolf too).

So you vote for her and if she's clear we've lost a good village, if not then I'm damned. Vote for me and if I'm clear she should be safe hopefully (wolf or not) and if I'm not she's screwed.

But for everyone telling me they're not wolf, she's the only one I believe 100% I say she, I don't know so I may flip to he occasionally. I am a loyal beast (hound rather than wolf) so I'm sticking by her.

Is it really wise to base your early calls on previous games? Honest question, not sarcasm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Hey guys, just on my lunch. Wrote notes out while I was reading over the last few pages which I hadn’t done before. Makes such a difference! Was speed reading before then having to go back to find things again, took forever.

Tusk - I actually don’t view you as my biggest challenger or a challenger at all really. My reasoning for having you on my initial FFA don’t stand anymore and from reading you’re posts I don’t think you’re coming across as a wolf. You’ve been on me from the start and I can’t seem to give you any reason to change your mind, I don’t think that alone makes you a wolf though.

Just on the idea you guys are talking about. Im thinking there’s one or at the most two wolves among us talkers. I don’t think more than one would be in those four. I like the idea by QB and Strawbs about leaving two to be mod killed.

Im not sure if you mean use the next two lynches on the two non voters but as someone said that gives wolves a chance to relax a bit for too long, while we get munched and possibly start tearing each other to threads if we mislynch villagers.

Could we lynch a talking poster today, gather more data, see if we get a mod kill then go for a non poster? Then next lynch go for a talker again and then low level? Just so we’re still gathering information from the lynches and doing FFAs and that.

Thoughts on this? Definitely should be majority decision though in the end :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'd be inclined to buy this because it's very unnecessary imo. Unless I've missed some big Skunk bandwagon. Doesn't mean much apart from That DAndy trusts Skunk though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'd like to hear what Petr, SKeith and Kolido have to say on my Strawbs argument?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Voted Digi. For now. If nothing else it might get him chatting again.

• Advertisement

TheSkunk wrote: »

This would be my preference too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Hey guys, just on my lunch. Wrote notes out while I was reading over the last few pages which I hadn’t done before. Makes such a difference! Was speed reading before then having to go back to find things again, took forever.

Tusk - I actually don’t view you as my biggest challenger or a challenger at all really. My reasoning for having you on my initial FFA don’t stand anymore and from reading you’re posts I don’t think you’re coming across as a wolf. You’ve been on me from the start and I can’t seem to give you any reason to change your mind, I don’t think that alone makes you a wolf though.

Just on the idea you guys are talking about. Im thinking there’s one or at the most two wolves among us talkers. I don’t think more than one would be in those four. I like the idea by QB and Strawbs about leaving two to be mod killed.

Im not sure if you mean use the next two lynches on the two non voters but as someone said that gives wolves a chance to relax a bit for too long, while we get munched and possibly start tearing each other to threads if we mislynch villagers.

Could we lynch a talking poster today, gather more data, see if we get a mod kill then go for a non poster? Then next lynch go for a talker again and then low level? Just so we’re still gathering information from the lynches and doing FFAs and that.

The main idea is that if it comes down to two villagers and one wolf, imagine the game being settled by cross, digi and a wolf. There is the added benifit, that cross or digi could be a wolf.

Green&Red wrote: »
    I'd like to hear what Petr, SKeith and Kolido have to say on my Strawbs argument?

1) I see your push, and don't think it is coming from a bad place.
    2) I agree with a lot. Strawbs has been backing me up a lot, and seems to be backing up my read, but my reads, like on skunt could be flawed, and strawbs just add to conf bias. I do feel village, but i could be pocketed a bit.
    3) I don't like her move off kitten onto kolido, after telling me to hold off moving onto kitten as she would join me on fixxxer. Not one bit.

4) afterwards, she says that I could have convinced / swayed her still to join fixxxer.
    5) getting off kitten put my village lean in trouble, as well as myself, so I did what i should of done in that situation, I voted for my wolf read.

Can you get a strawbs ffa from before that lynch, I want to read her FFA and what she said about kitten/kolido/fixxer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

tusk wrote: »
    Is it really wise to base your early calls on previous games? Honest question, not sarcasm...

I'm basing it on experience and that's my only experience, so yes. If it turns out I'm wrong then I'll learn from this too.

1) I see your push, and don't think it is coming from a bad place.
    2) I agree with a lot. Strawbs has been backing me up a lot, and seems to be backing up my read, but my reads, like on skunt could be flawed, and strawbs just add to conf bias. I do feel village, but i could be pocketed a bit.
    3) I don't like her move off kitten onto kolido, after telling me to hold off moving onto kitten as she would join me on fixxxer. Not one bit.

4) afterwards, she says that I could have convinced / swayed her still to join fixxxer.
    5) getting off kitten put my village lean in trouble, as well as myself, so I did what i should of done in that situation, I voted for my wolf read.

Can you get a strawbs ffa from before that lynch, I want to read her FFA and what she said about kitten/kolido/fixxer

No FFA, this is as close as she got
    FFA

Kolido will be in there anyway. He completely ignored her jest post about wolf being 1st to post. Ignoring it would be something a roled player would do but seeing as there are no good roles.....

The other 2 I have decided on yet.

Yet she spent the day collating who voted for who.

I am telling ye, she is as dodgy as f**k

Right, Im going off the theory that there is at least a wolf in the first half of players to post (11). Pter was no12 so hes in the middle and whiplashy was the beginning of the second half of posters. So, the lucky 11 are -

Kolido
    QB
    Fixxxer
    Loughc
    Green&Red
    DublinAndy
    Strawberry
    Kitten k
    Tritium
    Triceratops
    Barney

Whiplashy & Kolido - whips 1st post she calls Kolido a wolf for being first to post on thread. It reads like its in jest (has smiley face) but Kolido doesnt acknowledge it in any way. Later, Kolido asks whip has she caught up on thread. She thanks his post and responds that she has. End of interactions.

Whiplashy & QB - no interactions.

Whiplashy & fixxxer - no interactions

Whiplashy & Loughc - no interactions

Whiplashy & Green - no direct interactions. TB asks whether the new/newish players are male or female. Green answers on behalf of clarabel and whippy saying he thinks they are ladies.

Whiplashy & DubAndy - no direct interaction. Tritium makes a post re skunk which Andy disagrees with but whiplashy agrees with.

Whiplashy & Strawbs - whiplashy asks who left to post and strawbs provides the info. Post thanks by whiplashy.

Whiplashy & Kitten k - no interactions.

Whiplashy & Tritium - Trit says a post by skunk is odd and whiplashy responds saying she agrees with Trit and it has spiked her interest. Trit thanks this post.

Whiplashy & Triceratops - asks the newish players incl whip if they are male or female. No reply from whiplashy but her gender given by green.

Whiplashy & Barney - Barney quotes her post saying that she and green are saying similar things.

Now the rest

Whiplashy & Pter - Pter replies to her regarding settings for posts per page.

Whiplashy & Clarabel - whips 2nd post of game re volume if posts is thanked Clarabel. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & Succubus - whip is told succubus is one of the two left to post. She says she will be voting for one of these two. Whiplashy thanks succubus 1st post in game. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & Tusk - one of the two left to post which whiplashy says she will be voting for. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & SKeith - Keith notes that duffman has left Andy off his odd opening post comment even though both Andy and whiplashy said similar things. Skeith states in a different post that he has null read on whiplashy. Keith tells whiplashy that duffman has accused her due to her OP. Keith baffled by one of their sentences and whiplashy responds. She also believes Keith is village.

Whiplashy & Duffman - duffman finds her OP odd. Later rephrases to say it makes him think roled or wolf. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & Skunk - skunks posts asking about info gained from munch. Whiplashy replies that it will depend on who they munch and what that player may have posted. Agrees with Trit later that one of skunks posts is odd and has spiked her interest.

No other interactions with the rest of players.

I think whiplashy may have been the first to be munched as shes pretty good at spotting things. Her track record of calling out wolves isnt bad at all so they wanted rid of her ASAP. This leads me to believe that the wolf team is not full of brand new players but probably a mix at least.

FFA

Kolido will be in there anyway. He completely ignored her jest post about wolf being 1st to post. Ignoring it would be something a roled player would do but seeing as there are no good roles.....

The other 2 I have decided on yet.

Its like a running commentary, no own thoughts, no reason for people to be angry at her for misreading people. #615

No FFA, this is as close as she got

Yet she spent the day collating who voted for who.

I am telling ye, she is as dodgy as f**k

If we jumped on your bandwagon, and she turns out villager, you're basically the only option for the following lynch. You're willing to stand by this?

If we jumped on your bandwagon, and she turns out villager, you're basically the only option for the following lynch. You're willing to stand by this?

If you don't agree with him, start a competing bandwagon on who you would prefer, skunk wasn't it, then the village have to choose between them.

They also have to compete against the digi wagon which is leading at the moment.

FYI, bandwagon starters are less likely to be wolves than the joiners.

Fair warning. I partook in this offer. I expect to be drunk very, very soon!!

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Fair warning. I partook in this offer. I expect to be drunk very, very soon!!

The Brewdog I hope?
    Great offer

Who the f**k gets to go boozing at 3 on a Friday?
    Teachers??

If you don't agree with him, start a competing bandwagon on who you would prefer, skunk wasn't it, then the village have to choose between them.

They also have to compete against the digi wagon which is leading at the moment.

Not saying I don't agree. The logic seems legitimate, and I like the passion.

I mentioned I'm open to being swayed from Skunk, so wherever I feel the best evidence points, I may jump.

At the moment, this is the most logical to me, however I'd like some more people to weigh in with experience.

Skunk also has the same view as me on leaving the low posters for the time being, so I'm currently up in the air tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

hey guys, just checking in to say I'm swamped!! I've been doing interviews all day and I'm min 3 pages behind where the thread currently is. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

2 of her arguements stand out to me as wolfish.

A wolf in the first 11 posters, thats fairly obvious due to law of average.

Her flimsy reason on me which she hasnt given up.

A wolf will cling to something and run with it as long as they can.

Add to that the switcharooing and I believe you got a wolf.

The Brewdog I hope?
    Great offer

Who the f**k gets to go boozing at 3 on a Friday?
    Teachers??

Not 3pm. The hey have to chill first. But, in answer (fūckit!!), people who got fired from their jobs.

It doesn’t necessarily mean that but yes I’m happy to offer myself for lynching if Strawbs turns good

Like I said, I’m convinced she’s a wolf. She’ll be in the backroom currently coming up with a plan to counteract, her text below is literally exactly what she was thinking/doing

And off they scurry to discuss what to say next or maybe they are waiting for a villager to keep the conversation alive and hope they can hide in numbers.

@QB lash your vote on her before you get steaming!

Get ****faced QB!

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Are those two things not in conflict?

Unless you're saying they ran with it as long as they could and then switched.
    Kolido wrote: »
    2 of her arguements stand out to me as wolfish.

A wolf in the first 11 posters, thats fairly obvious due to law of average.

Her flimsy reason on me which she hasnt given up.

A wolf will cling to something and run with it as long as they can.

Add to that the switcharooing and I believe you got a wolf.

@QB lash your vote on her before you get steaming!

Have done.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Not 3pm. The hey have to chill first. But, in answer (fūckit!!), people who got fired from their jobs.

Sad story

Been there, it’s no fun!

Advertisement