Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Get ****faced QB!

xxx

I love the way you’re clearly reading but can’t come up with a defence

You lot do realise that I’ll be declared as FBI trainee - an NRV

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Barney92 wrote: »
    Are those two things not in conflict?

Unless you're saying they ran with it as long as they could and then switched.

She is running with the 'I didnt reply to whippy' as long as she can. No one else seems to be talking about it now.

Green&Red wrote: »
    I love the way you’re clearly reading but can’t come up with a defence

The wagonomics will be my defence. Tusk has a point. When I return NRV you could be in the firing line. If you are villager I’d be keeping a close eye right now on who’s moving what way. You may need it as your own defence later.

I said I suspect Kolido and fixer perhaps you’ll look into them when I’m gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Strawbs could have bailed out due to being 1 of 3 on a village flipped wagon.
    The exact reason I was under suspicion for being on 1 in 3 wagon, that's where the suspicion wil always fall, so getting out of dodge was wolfie. yes.
    Then the wolves munched into that 1 in 3, i have to think this wagons never came into the wolves minds when choosing their lynch, as they ate one and cleared two, that's bad job wolves.

That's also a reason i'm having hard time seeing strawbs on a wolf team that'd do that, i thought shed cop that before munching trit.

So, i'm fence sitting this one for now. Hopefully will have made a decision by 18:30 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Kolido wrote: »
    She is running with the 'I didnt reply to whippy' as long as she can. No one else seems to be talking about it now.

I understand that. It's still part of my reasoning for having doubts about you, not major ones that must be said.

But if she's still banging that drum, how come she didn't keep banging the drum before rather than pull a switcheroo as you put it? You're having a go at her for both staying the course on someone and simultaneously for switching her mind elsewhere.

Kitten then Kolido then kitten then Kolido. I’ve been completely open when I jump. Thought it would be fun having last minute votes. It’s only a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The wagonomics will be my defence. Tusk has a point. When I return NRV you could be in the firing line. If you are villager I’d be keeping a close eye right now on who’s moving what way. You may need it as your own defence later.

I said I suspect Kolido and fixxxer perhaps you’ll look into them when I’m gone?

FYP, I earned those X's :pac:

Why has your play style gone and all changed itself since I have mentioned your play style?

Who you talking to chief?

• Advertisement

oh, kolido, didn't you notice it too?

I did say i wished it would change soon, but i'm not in charge of any genies.

And that's not a bad read on you, btw, just an observation of a change in play style. I think I ca work better with this new play style, keep it up.

I said I suspect Kolido and fixer perhaps you’ll look into them when I’m gone?

More than happy to be in the firing line, if I'm wrong I deserve to be.
    In fact if you flip bad then I'm 100% going to be munched cause I've caught a wolf. So be it, I'll go with a smile on my face knowing I've nailed (Oh behave) a wolf

Strawberry, who would you most like to race against? Who do you think would give you the best chance of survival if everyone was only allowed to vote between you and this other person?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

This is is where I'm at for now. Going to do some ISOs but my head is melted.

Barney92 Village lean. Doing homework, checking votes. Doesn’t want to lynch low posters - coz of a teammate there? Raises good point about trying to find active wolves through votes etc.
    Bounty Hunter Interesting reasoning on votes on Dandy. Did Sk or strawbs suspect Dandy at all? Don't agree with reads but slightly village.
    Clarabel Need to iso here. Not getting much. Neutral for now.
    crosstownk No posts but did vote. Suspicious.
    Digital Solitude Posts about exams. Posts brief reads list. Neutral for now.
    Dublinandy2 Appears clear based on votes. V strange FFA. Read back.
    Duffman13 Neutral as neutral can be. No read which makes me suspicious
    Ectoplasm Village
    fixxxer Calling out Strawbs volunteering to die. Bit defensive with tusk. Still a bit shifty.
    Green&Red Seems more game solvey now. Doing homework. Double check this work.
    kitten_k RIP Kitten. Sorry but you looked dodgy to me.
    Kolido Reading less wolfy today. Soft move to neutral.
    Loughc Didn't vote, possible mod kill.
    Pter Interactions all read village to me. Can't see anything wolfy here. Could be comfy in his pocket?
    quickbeam Posts about how they'd play as wolf seemed a bit wolfy to me. Stays neutral.
    sKeith Scares me a little this one. Moved onto kitten when Strawbs moves off and effectively ensures a kitten lynch BUT then Trit is munched. First thoughts are that he must be good. Tunnel alert here!Second thought has me conjuring a plot wherein by effectively 'clearing' me, he becomes cleared. Closer look needed when other reads are done. Strawbs effectively clears him for this - does she also clear me for same? Yes but with reservations. Skeith = Village for now. Finding a wolf would help me a lot.
    Strawberry Milkshake Moving up my list. If wolf, changes off kitten (notably onto a non-wagon) so not to be challenged on lynching an NRV. Then munching one of those who did vote kitten to throw suspicion on the others who did maybe? Fixating on first people to post is odd but not necessarily lynch-worthy. Not sure but not comfortable with her as village at the moment.
    Succubus_ Didn't vote, possible mod kill.
    TheSkunk Soft defense of Strawbs raises flags but overall seems to be working hard so stays village lean for now.
    Triceratops Ballet Defensive. Busy in work - RL happens but can also be an excuse.
    tritium Died via munch, NRV.
    tusk Suspects me. Is wrong. Asking questions though. Reads list in post 1216 strikes a dodgy note. Figure out why. Reads Digi as village after what, 3 posts???
    Whiplashy
    Notes: Look back at FFAs, declared votes and actual votes. ISO Clara, Duff, Strawbs, Tusk (and maybe sKeith you paranoid lunatic.)

Definitely Kolido. He’s kept himself to himself quite a bit even though he’s been posting. That make sense?

I’m taking my dog to the vet. Back when I can

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    This is is where I'm at for now. Going to do some ISOs but my head is melted.

Barney92 Village lean. Doing homework, checking votes. Doesn’t want to lynch low posters - coz of a teammate there? Raises good point about trying to find active wolves through votes etc.
    Bounty Hunter Interesting reasoning on votes on Dandy. Did Sk or strawbs suspect Dandy at all? Don't agree with reads but slightly village.
    Clarabel Need to iso here. Not getting much. Neutral for now.
    crosstownk No posts but did vote. Suspicious.
    Digital Solitude Posts about exams. Posts brief reads list. Neutral for now.
    Dublinandy2 Appears clear based on votes. V strange FFA. Read back.
    Duffman13 Neutral as neutral can be. No read which makes me suspicious
    Ectoplasm Village
    fixxxer Calling out Strawbs volunteering to die. Bit defensive with tusk. Still a bit shifty.
    Green&Red Seems more game solvey now. Doing homework. Double check this work.
    kitten_k RIP Kitten. Sorry but you looked dodgy to me.
    Kolido Reading less wolfy today. Soft move to neutral.
    Loughc Didn't vote, possible mod kill.
    Pter Interactions all read village to me. Can't see anything wolfy here. Could be comfy in his pocket?
    quickbeam Posts about how they'd play as wolf seemed a bit wolfy to me. Stays neutral.
    sKeith Scares me a little this one. Moved onto kitten when Strawbs moves off and effectively ensures a kitten lynch BUT then Trit is munched. First thoughts are that he must be good. Tunnel alert here!Second thought has me conjuring a plot wherein by effectively 'clearing' me, he becomes cleared. Closer look needed when other reads are done. Strawbs effectively clears him for this - does she also clear me for same? Yes but with reservations. Skeith = Village for now. Finding a wolf would help me a lot.
    Strawberry Milkshake Moving up my list. If wolf, changes off kitten (notably onto a non-wagon) so not to be challenged on lynching an NRV. Then munching one of those who did vote kitten to throw suspicion on the others who did maybe? Fixating on first people to post is odd but not necessarily lynch-worthy. Not sure but not comfortable with her as village at the moment.
    Succubus_ Didn't vote, possible mod kill.
    TheSkunk Soft defense of Strawbs raises flags but overall seems to be working hard so stays village lean for now.
    Triceratops Ballet Defensive. Busy in work - RL happens but can also be an excuse.
    tritium Died via munch, NRV.
    tusk Suspects me. Is wrong. Asking questions though. Reads list in post 1216 strikes a dodgy note. Figure out why. Reads Digi as village after what, 3 posts???
    Whiplashy
    Notes: Look back at FFAs, declared votes and actual votes. ISO Clara, Duff, Strawbs, Tusk (and maybe sKeith you paranoid lunatic.)

What specifically is striking you as dodgy with my reads? I kind of expected questions on that, which I'm happy to answer.

On the digi thing, my main point was that his reads were similar to mine. Basing my read only on that, and the fact I didn't actually remember seeing any other posts from him, I gave him a slight village lean, which I then called out as potential pocketing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

If it’s Strawbs v Kolido I’m voting Kolido.

Definitely Kolido. He’s kept himself to himself quite a bit even though he’s been posting. That make sense?

I’m taking my dog to the vet. Back when I can

I'd be delighted if we can decide to run these two off against each other today.

Like I said I'm convinced Strawbs is a wolf so it could help clear Kolido to a certain extent if she turns wolf

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    If it’s Strawbs v Kolido I’m voting Kolido.

Can you elaborate on why that is before you get sloshed?

tusk wrote: »
    What specifically is striking you as dodgy with my reads? I kind of expected questions on that, which I'm happy to answer.

On the digi thing, my main point was that his reads were similar to mine. Basing my read only on that, and the fact I didn't actually remember seeing any other posts from him, I gave him a slight village lean, which I then called out as potential pocketing.

It's a gut feeling at the moment which is why I noted to go back and have a look. Sometimes something strikes me and on closer reading it resolves but sometimes closer reading makes me nail down what made me suspicious. I'll be happy to fill you in when I've iso'd your posts, which I'm reading back now.

tusk wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on why that is before you get sloshed?

Kolido isn’t who I’ve voted for. And I’m not necessarily saying I agree with a race. But, if it was between the two, Kolido is the more wolfy. I had him in my FFA this morning based on yesterday’s reads.

Kolido isn’t who I’ve voted for. And I’m not necessarily saying I agree with a race. But, if it was between the two, Kolido is the more wolfy. I had him in my FFA this morning based on yesterday’s reads.

You weren't convinced by my ISO of Strawbs?

Fair enough. Thanks for the exp.

Also QB, sorry about the crappy news work-wise. Hopefully bigger and far, far better things are coming your way.

Green&Red wrote: »
    You weren't convinced by my ISO of Strawbs?

No. I’m leaning villager on you and think your accusations are in good faith. But I also think you’re on the wrong track. I could well be wrong and end up with egg on my face.

But Strawbs flip-flopping and being open about it doesn’t seem wolfy.

And our thinking the same way about lynching possible modkills, well, if she turns out wolf you can call me well and truly pocketed there.

Vote in for strawbs if it comes to that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

For clarity sake, I voted for Strawbs around the time I last posted reads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Sorry to hear about the job qb. Things will turn around on that front and we are all here for support in the meantime, game aside.

Advertisement