Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Tusk, you've been on Kolido since day 1. Can you go back and figure out why?

Literally just did that. And to be perfectly honest, I can't see why from his post list. Maybe it was from a specific interaction with someone.

Based on going back through the posts, I'm taking Kolido off my list.

Thanks to whoever told me about that iso trick. I'll be doing that for all players tonight and updating my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Whomever collects all the votes together in one post gains lynch immunity from me for tonight.

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’m probably partly to blame for the Strawbs v Kolido. When it was suggested I said I’d be delighted if it was a two horse race.
    I actually don’t think it should be

Having said that - catch a wolf, kill a wolf, I believe I’ve caught a wolf

If strawberry is a wolf, thats kolido spewed good ;)

If by blame you mean, all the hard work you done, then heck yeah you're to blame.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I’m now officially on the beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

quickbeam wrote: »

Enjoy...I'm officially off it today. Still feeling the effects of yesterday :(

Which votes you talking sKeith? Declared since yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

sKeith wrote: »
    If strawberry is a wolf, thats kolido spewed good ;)

If by blame you mean, all the hard work you done, then heck yeah you're to blame.

I’m not at all interested in Kolido, there’s some players I haven’t gotten round to considering, he is one of them

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Enjoy...I'm officially off it today. Still feeling the effects of yesterday :(

Which votes you talking sKeith? Declared since yesterday?

all vots since voting opened, or if anybody has been tracking all along and can produce where the decalred votes are at right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

all vots since voting opened, or if anybody has been tracking all along and can produce where the decalred votes are at right now.

I haven't but seeing as I was planning to do this anyway for myself, I'll post my results when I've got them. If anyone else has, that'd be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

tusk wrote: »

Thanks to whoever told me about that iso trick. I'll be doing that for all players tonight and updating my list.

Scratch this. May be tomorrow before I get to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote:

I wasn't online for a good while this afternoon so I didn't see your ISO but it's excellent, if not a little confirmation biasy on some points.

However it's pretty damning of strawbs on a few points. The kitten switch after humming and hawwing with herself. The helpful unhelpful villagery whippy analysis.

Its a good piece of analysis, but if it does come down to a race I'd like to see you so the same for someone else.

Actually do it on me if you would. I know I'm good and if you finger me as bad it will tell me how much salt to take strawbs analysis with.

Pter wrote: »
    I wasn't online for a good while this afternoon so I didn't see your ISO but it's excellent, if not a little confirmation biasy on some points.

However it's pretty damning of strawbs on a few points. The kitten switch after humming and hawwing with herself. The helpful unhelpful villagery whippy analysis.

Its a good piece of analysis, but if it does come down to a race I'd like to see you so the same for someone else.

Actually do it on me if you would. I know I'm good and if you finger me as bad it will tell me how much salt to take strawbs analysis with.

ooh-matron-gif-5.gif

Hey whomever wants to finger me is welcome to try.

It's getting to the stage where me dying will prob unearth more info than me living. And I haven't been able to keep up and do analysis in this game as much as I normally like to.

You know that feeling when you read something and you are just not sure if they actually just said it and your senses are playing tricks on you..
    i want to say eeewwww!! but maybe i am reading it wrong.

Just so you do know that feeling of your senses playing tricks on you,
    here's an example that you can try.

If I don't use the phrase 'finger me' in a game at least twice, you know I'm a wolf.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Reading back it really seems like Strawbs was the main one beating a Kolido drum, still not sure why but I was the same when the Kitten votes started to mount up and wasn't it strawbs who also started that one. Think I might look bad if she flips good with 2 votes on her but im more confident of her flipping bad than I would be of anyone else right now so will probably stick there unless something changes in the next few hours (time difference means I won't be voting late).

So votes, from what I can see (since last nite)

Skeith - Fixxer
    Petr - Digi
    Bounty Hunter - Strawbs
    Fixxer - Strawbs
    QB - Digi
    Tusk - Skunk
    G&R - Strawbs
    Strawbs - Kolido

That’s pretty amazing. It’s like Yanni / Laurel and Brainstorm / Green Needle. I love stuff like that. Like the dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

anyone wanna catch a girl up? I won't get a read through done before voting time maybe a little TL:DR

• Advertisement

anyone wanna catch a girl up? I won't get a read through done before voting time maybe a little TL:DR

I think Strawbs is a wolf, outlined here[/URL

I'd like people to vote out the wolf

Some are hoping to find a wolf in the low posters.
    Said low poster Digi did a genie act.
    Argument over whether best to lynch players likely to be modkilled.

Some are suspecting Strawbs.
    Keith asked Strawbs if she could run against anyone who it would be, she said Kolido.
    Now everyone thinks it's a Strawbs v Kolido race, though it's not.
    20 players of which 3 are wolves. Feck knows who they are?
    I'm already a little drunk.

I think Strawbs is a wolf, outlined here

I'd like people to vote out the wolf

Reading back it really seems like Strawbs was the main one beating a Kolido drum, still not sure why but I was the same when the Kitten votes started to mount up and wasn't it strawbs who also started that one. Think I might look bad if she flips good with 2 votes on her but im more confident of her flipping bad than I would be of anyone else right now so will probably stick there unless something changes in the next few hours (time difference means I won't be voting late).

Not really. by memory anyway, early, i think 1st decalred vote was strawberry for kitten. but later changed this to kolido. trit then started the kitten wagon, ecto joined straw joined, then she esconded back to kolido and i joined the kitten wagon. As far as i can recal, thats how it played out.

be happy if you cant get the actual posts to prove my menory wrong though.

I’ve started work on the vote list and got as far as here and I have a question for skunk

TheSkunk wrote: »

I think it would be a good idea if someone could look back and see who was the first person to vote for Kitten, was it Trit? Then Ecto and then SK?

This little snippet above which was in the middle of a long post is screaming out at me. Why would you need someone to go back and look at who voted kitten first. There was a voting list on the thread. It was updated and posted again before the lynch too. Guess who voted for her first? Me!!! I knew it, the other players knew it but you didn’t?

To me this looks like the start of trying to throw doubt onto me without actually saying my name. Nicely done but when I get lynched or munched you need to be looked into more.

I’m getting back to vote list now. Will be as quick as I can.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Not really. by memory anyway, early, i think 1st decalred vote was strawberry for kitten. but later changed this to kolido. trit then started the kitten wagon, ecto joined straw joined, then she esconded back to kolido and i joined the kitten wagon. As far as i can recal, thats how it played out.

be happy if you cant get the actual posts to prove my menory wrong though.

Thats what I mean by her starting that. She may have left later but she started the conversation on the later mislynched Kitten and in doing so put her under a spotlight and suspicion that others latched onto.

Can somebody remind me why we're declaring our votes on thread? Is this not something the wolves can manipulate for their own gain if they know where votes are going?

By all means, declare after vote closes and before the results are revealed, but why before? Sorry if I've missed something. It only just dawned on me. Probably too late for this lynch and I don't necessarily want a debate this close to lynch, but maybe we shouldn't do it from next lynch on?

quickbeam wrote:
    Can somebody remind me why we're declaring our votes on thread? Is this not something the wolves can manipulate for their own gain if they know where votes are going?

For wagonomics i thought. Someone moves we can figure out why due to the declaration.

By all means, declare after vote closes and before the results are revealed, but why before? Sorry if I've missed something. It only just dawned on me. Probably too late for this lynch and I don't necessarily want a debate this close to lynch, but maybe we shouldn't do it from next lynch on?

Idea thrown out by Straws (!!!) so the person being voted against could defend themselves.

• Advertisement

For wagonomics i thought. Someone moves we can figure out why due to the declaration.
    fixxxer wrote: »
    Idea thrown out by Straws (!!!) so the person being voted against could defend themselves.

Wagonomics comes after the lynch though by analysing votes.

Possibly worth knowing of somebody moves or not, but does that outweigh the advantage it would give to the wolves?

Why would someone need to defend themselves? All Villagers are equal so we either lose a Villager or a Wolf. We've no rolled villagers at risk?

Okay, above are rhetorical for now. As I said, I don't want to derail the thread. I'll bring up again next phase though, and think we should decide if it really is a good idea or not.

Advertisement