Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

fixxxer or strawberry, fixxxer or strawberry.

I believe it's fixxxer but if it's not strawberry we'd get so much more information and go back to fixxxer, and if it is then g and r is solid gold in my book so win win.

I may change my mind but for simple tactical reasons I'm going to vote for you strawberry because even if you're good I think it identifies at least two wolves and if you're bad well win win.

My votes on strawberry.

I never thought voting a strawberry to be lynched would be my last work action of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

quickbeam wrote: »
    Can somebody remind me why we're declaring our votes on thread? Is this not something the wolves can manipulate for their own gain if they know where votes are going?

By all means, declare after vote closes and before the results are revealed, but why before? Sorry if I've missed something. It only just dawned on me. Probably too late for this lynch and I don't necessarily want a debate this close to lynch, but maybe we shouldn't do it from next lynch on?

For building pressure on someone. In my opinion, so far it is working better than FFAs.

I don't think it is helping wolves, especially if we can all agree not to be by ourselves at end of day. that is, agree to no outliers, as a rule.

It greatly assists wagonomics, and is pro village, especially with 17:3 village:wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I think strawbs will flip good in the end but I agree it will give us lots of info.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I go away for a bit and I get back to reading Im a subject for racing.

Well I declared earlier I would be voting Strawbs unless things change. Was looking at Pters strategy until I came to terms that it wasnt a good idea. Voting strawbs now 18:18

Time difference K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I believe it's fixxxer but if it's not strawberry we'd get so much more information and go back to fixxxer, and if it is then g and r is solid gold in my book so win win.

I may change my mind but for simple tactical reasons I'm going to vote for you strawberry because even if you're good I think it identifies at least two wolves and if you're bad well win win.

My votes on strawberry.

I never thought voting a strawberry to be lynched would be my last work action of the week.

Strange, I have a post prepared for after the vote deadline, that if Strawbs is bad then Player A should be investigated.
    I was going to add a second post for Player B and you were Player B. So if you hold your vote on Strawbs I can delete that post!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

sKeith wrote: »
    For building pressure on someone. In my opinion, so far it is working better than FFAs.

I don't think it is helping wolves, especially if we can all agree not to be by ourselves at end of day. that is, agree to no outliers, as a rule.

It greatly assists wagonomics, and is pro village, especially with 17:3 village:wolves.

What does the last bit mean? As we get closer to parity we should stop? Would you have thoughts on where that line is?

Pter wrote: »
    Time difference K

Voted Strawbs @17:18

Green&Red wrote: »
    Strange, I have a post prepared for after the vote deadline, that if Strawbs is bad then Player A should be investigated.
    I was going to add a second post for Player B and you were Player B. So if you hold your vote on Strawbs I can delete that post!

I can hold, I don't fully understand, can you explain more for when I'm on the luas?

My votes on strawberry.

I think strawbs will flip good in the end but I agree it will give us lots of info.

If you think strawberry will flip green, then lets not flip here.

Dandy, what two would a green flip on strawberry find?

info flips are a thing, but i want the info available to all, like spell it out clearly, who a green flip on strawbs which two as wolves?

If you are munched, and we have no idea who you are talking about, then its a wasted green flip.

• Advertisement

I can hold, I don't fully understand, can you explain more for when I'm on the luas?

No dont hold.

I didnt explain that well

I have a pre-prepared post about a player, I'll post it after 9pm. It outlines why I think they are a teammate of Strawbs. That way if Strawbs flips bad and I'm munched my thoughts are there for all to see. I'm fingering them from the grave if you will

I had a second one made up which pointed at you. I can delete that if you hold your vote on Strawbs, otherwise talk is cheap

Right, I'm AFK for the next while. Please keep the pressure on Strawbs, I really hope she flips bad!

Can you convince me Pter please, I have you as town. If you think Strawbs is town, I dont want us to lynch a villager.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

sKeith wrote: »

This would be a great shout. If we all agree to no outliers it will make the analysis more streamlined I think.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Right, I'm AFK for the next while. Please keep the pressure on Strawbs, I really hope she flips bad!

I'm underwhelmed by this post.

Its a lifeline for strawbs, that you didn't need to give.

It shows weakness in your resolve that was so strong and assured until here.

sKeith wrote:
    If you think strawberry will flip green, then lets not flip here.

Well I'm not voting for her.

But if she dies I think it clears if kitten was a wagon or not 100%.

I think it gives us an idea on gnr being bad.

I think it gives us some info on QB who was backing her up today. Whether that implicates or helps QB is open to interpretation. I'd think it will help her.

Also strawbs has been very active on thread so would give us a lot of interaction info.

If we're saying no outliers, I think I'm an outlier at the moment (Pter moved off Digi, I think?) How many have to be on a vote to make it not an outlier? 20 players currently so if two each voted for 10 players would that be no outliers because there were no singletons? Or do we need to decide a number? When we use FFAs properly in previous games, we run the top three in a race, so is three our number and we vote among those? If so, which three? I'm confused.

Updated vote to Strawbs. Based on the logic several people have shared, and the view that a villa flip will actually be a positive still.

I'm not sure if I'll be on much tonight, but as I said, I think outliers will be a bad idea, so I don't want to be stuck as the only one on Skunk if I was unable to get online later to change.

Kolido wrote:
    Can you convince me Pter please, I have you as town. If you think Strawbs is town, I dont want us to lynch a villager.

Well what is the evidence against her? The kitten wagon? It's not definitive. The read lists? Mine and a lot of others have been as bad.

I'm not here to defend her. She should be doing that. I just don't think it's a slam dunk. And that's coupled with the thought that I don't see her playing the active wolf in games much.

quickbeam wrote:
    If we're saying no outliers, I think I'm an outlier at the moment (Pter moved off Digi, I think?) How many have to be on a vote to make it not an outlier? 20 players currently so if two each voted for 10 players would that be no outliers because there were no singletons? Or do we need to decide a number? When we use FFAs properly in previous games, we run the top three in a race, so is three our number and we vote among those? If so, which three? I'm confused.

I'm still on digi

• Advertisement

Okay, but my question still stands. Should all votes be on one of three? Or is it just if you're not a singleton that you're not an outlier?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Game Mod:

About to drive home from work now, aim to be back prior to 7pm but if not, you know the drill; Posting count limit lifted from 7pm until 10pm.

Thanks.

quickbeam wrote:
    Okay, but my question still stands. Should all votes be on one of three? Or is it just if you're not a singleton that you're not an outlier?

Is organising the vote like this helpful or harmful to vote analysis. Like is it better than single votes.

Pter summed it up perfectly. I'm not convinced strawberry is a wolf but even if dhe isn't, it gived us a sure fire wolf for the next lynch, green and red and lots of other info. It's better than a nobody and gaining little info again.

So apologies strawberry but unless something changes, I'm voting for you

Are we wasting valuable time talking about which way to vote, rather than calling people out and questioning/investigating more? Today feels way more lax than before, like most people have kicked off the FBI issue shoes already...

tusk wrote:
    Are we wasting valuable time talking about which way to vote, rather than calling people out and questioning/investigating more? Today feels way more lax than before, like most people have kicked off the FBI issue shoes already...

Fair point

Is organising the vote like this helpful or harmful to vote analysis. Like is it better than single votes.

I don't understand this answer. If we're putting in a 'no outlier' rule, then I'd like the rule clearly defined. Again, maybe something to discuss for next lynch instead. ATM as Digi has made only his cursory contribution today I'm not in any hurry to move off him.

quickbeam wrote:
    I don't understand this answer. If we're putting in a 'no outlier' rule, then I'd like the rule clearly defined. Again, maybe something to discuss for next lynch instead. ATM as Digi has made only his cursory contribution today I'm not in any hurry to move off him.

Yeah but what takes precedence. Me following what I think is right or the no outliers rule. For me it's me following what I believe. Because I know my motivations are village.

quickbeam wrote: »
    who was voted| by who| current count
    kittenk|trit,ecto,sKeith|3
    skeith|kittenk,skunk|2
    dandy|pter, green|2
    skunk| qb, tusk|2
    green| fixxxer|1
    cross| calrabel|1
    loughc| kolido|1
    pter| dandy|1
    duff|tb|1
    straw|BH|1
    kolido|straw|1

Didn't think this was difficult to understand.
    All the 1 votes are the outliers here. two votes are fine.

Sitting on a 1 vote all day is perfectly fine, but be prepared to vote your 2nd most likely wolf if nobody has agreed with you by 20:30.

• Advertisement

single votes are useless.

Advertisement