Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Okay, feck it. I'm gonna stick the kettle on and grab myself a sandwich and start Fixxxer's. It's only half the posts of Strawbs, so should only take me half the time right?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

quickbeam wrote:
    Okay, feck it. I'm gonna stick the kettle on and grab myself a sandwich and start Fixxxer's. It's only half the posts of Strawbs, so should only take me half the time right?

I think fixxxer and duffers isos need to be a priority for the village.

Pter wrote: »
    I think fixxxer and duffers isos need to be a priority for the village.

You mean Duffers' full 12 posts?? :P Knock yourself you! :)

At family dinner with my parents. They think I have a dodgy stomach I'm going in and out of the loo so much to post.

I mean I will do it later, but if anyone wants at it in the meantime, go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

So, who is the prime suspect now?

480070.jpg

This. This is it. **** sake duffer that's shocking. There is nothing here. You have been 100% coasting by.

I don't think there is anything here to hang him, so the absence of NY substance will have to do. I don't want to kill him today because we won't get any info out of it if he flips good. But duffer, tb, crosstown are all in the same boat imo.

So, who is the prime suspect now?

Need skunks list.

*absence of any substance

They have kind of dried up. Now that I am leaning him village I am more open to a good yarn from him, what ever happened to that face changing agent? Where there any more bricks thrown? Will we ever find out?

like me and my gifs drying up I suppose, the having a laugh element can some time go by the wayside but i'd like it be known im just having a good time and no offense is meant to any other players if I think your a hairy wolf. '
    giphy.gif

I’ll do one now if you like :) but yesterday was the first day without one because I was doing sk (not literally)

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Right, got the lawn mowed, headphones on and doing some thinking about the game. I know its Sunday but the weather is good and forcast for the week isnt great. Just had my lunch and a coffee, looking forward to the footy later.

Not sure what all the lists are about but here is where I stand.

Wolf lean:
    Cross: Ghost voter
    TB: possible middle of the road wolf is there is one

Less wolf lean:
    Strawbs: cant shake the feeling she is wolf but some of her reactiobs lately have lowered my suspicions
    Duffers: being unusually quiet, a wolf lying low in a long game
    Gnr: not holding back but that could be his game plan
    Ecto: flying under the radar possibly
    Dandy: a wolf trying to charm us with his short stories.

Null:
    Fixxxer: I cant get any read on him but he us gaining heat with others. Will look further
    Lady skunk: unsure at this time
    QB: if there is a wolf or 2 in the digi5, I would be looking here. First vote on digi.
    Clarebel: no read yet

Vil lean:
    BH
    SK
    Pter
    Tusk

Kolido and one of his village for the two remaining wolves?

Maybe the wolves are taking the game title seriously and staying "Silent"???

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

quickbeam wrote: »

:)

Honestly it is my concern and why I brought it up earlier. Like they're just sitting back and watching all us villagers tear each other apart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Can you not assign a number to each category, eg: everyone in the "lynchable" gets 5, everyone in the "bad feeling" gets 4, etc, then tot up who's highest?

Can you sort from null to wolf, above null no sort in groupings is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Pter wrote: »
    Is everyone in order within the groups

Wait, they need to be in order? I will have to redo mine. I also seem to have the wrong group formats. Can someone post the group list please.

Kolido wrote: »
    Wait, they need to be in order? I will have to redo mine. I also seem to have the wrong group formats. Can someone post the group list please.

Be more useful if you copy and paste what’s in the wolves den if you don
    T mind?

Kolido wrote:

Do. I'm only totting up the digi5 but more info is better than less so sorting the list is useful.

quickbeam wrote:

Imagine they had a lower number of posts they were allowed make. Classic Necro and sully move.

Lynchable

Pter
    Fixxxer
    Duffman

Bad feeling about

Tusk
    Tb
    Kolido

Kolido and one of his village for the two remaining wolves?

Kolidos viallage leans.

Vil lean:
    BH
    SK
    Pter
    Tusk

You tell us.

so not BH, not me, pter is in your lynchable.
    and kolido and tush are in your feels bad.

want to revise your sorts list?

sKeith wrote: »
    Kolidos viallage leans.

Vil lean:
    BH
    SK
    Pter
    Tusk

You tell us.

so not BH, not me, pter is in your lynchable.
    and kolido and tush are in your feels bad.

want to revise your sorts list?

Not at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Lynch able
    Cross
    TB

Bad feeling about
    Strawbs
    Grn
    Duffer
    Ecto
    Dandy

Null
    Clarebel
    Fixxxer

Seems ok
    Skunk
    QB

Villager
    Pter
    Sk
    Bh
    Tusk

Lock
    Me
    Skunk

dubandy,

how will you game evolve if you are proven wrong?

so far

480079.PNG

God I love diagonal text in excel.

Okay, here's Fixxxer:

Up to first lynch
    5 – OP, fluff followed by three more fluff
    438 – Nothing then over the long weekend until Tuesday
    439 – Query re Auto-Priest
    440 – Answers own question
    462 – (12.58) First proper contribution, says surprised at sKeith not being munched and a newcomer was
    463 – Shade on numerous players: Trit and Barney (now both confirmed by munch as villagers) mostly but also Skunk and sKeith - frame job?
    465 – Again shade on Trit; checks in with GnR
    475 – Queries who the wolf characters are. This is actually a big red flag to me. I remembering thinking so at the time, but then it slipped to the bank of my mind (Tuesday wasn't a good day for me!) and then I forgot who posted it
    476 – Backtracks on Barney
    487 – Responds to Tusk's "what type of villager I am" post
    507 – Queries why sKeith is calling Lough a shader after only two posts
    512 – More between him and sKeith re Lough
    543 – FFA: sKeith, GnR, possibly Succy
    595 – Interested to know if Lough will get modkilled (a lot of posts devoted to Lough this early?)
    677 – Stressing his suspicions on GnR, said he "rolled back" on calling for a bandwagon; but also considering moving to sKeith
    (688 – In response to #463 and #677, sKeith calls Fixxxer out as wolf and said he wasn't munched as he (Fixxxer) was hoping for a mislynch but wasn't saying it outright that he (sKeitih) was a wolf so he (Fixxxer) would have plausible deniability)
    690 – In response to sKeith's 688, Fixxxer said no plausible deniability required, he's outright calling him a wolf
    875 – Calls Strawbs a wolf (for her #871 where she said she might jump from Kolido to Fixxxer) and calls her out on a failed CFD

Up to second lynch
    922 – First post after munch, says he'll review Trit's posts
    929 – Says Strawbs' martyr post was dodgy
    953 – Sus of sKeith surviving another munch; says he'll look again at GnR
    966 – Calls out Strawbs for switching from kitten to him the previous lynch, wants explanation
    968 – Explains why wolves would munch someone who voted for kitten in the lynch
    970 – Calls out sKeith for continuing to have him as wolf for nothing more than failed gifs
    972 – Queries with Strawbs why he's on her suspect list (her response - because he's one of her 11)
    976 – Calls out her logic in using a list of 11 for finding a wolf
    (987 – sKeith asks for "gun to your head" opinion on Pter, GnR and Dandy
    994 – Asks sKeith for his "gun to your head" opinion on Strawbs, GnR and Tusk first
    999 – In response to sKeith's answer, he asks for reasons why (VVV)
    1003 – Gives his answer to sKeith (VWV)
    1271 – Then, nothing for nearly a day but chimes in on the vote off low posters / voters / non voters argument, interesting that it was after Strawbs' #1258 (which is fresh in my head from her ISO) where she said anyone not chiming in would be suspicious
    1277 – More on the low posters argument (agrees with me and Strawbs, fwiw)
    1285 – More on Strawbs' martyr offer
    1349 – (15.48) votes Strawbs
    1410 – Answers me on why we're declaring our votes on thread, says it was Strawbs' suggestion
    1561 – Agrees with GnR's post (#1282) against Strawbs
    1564 – Asks sKeith again for reasons why he (sKeith) is voting for him - this is fair, Ecto asked sKeith why and his answer was "he's my wolfiest read", some actual facts would from sKeith would be nice sometimes!
    1568 – Says he was warming to sKeith as villager, but changing his mind due to sKeith pushing Fixxxer with lack of good reasons
    (1572 – sKeith responds that he'll do an ISO on Fixxxer tomorrow (yesterday!). No sign of it yet. But why is he, sKeith so sure Fixxxer is a wolf without doing an ISO??)
    1584 – Replies to me: reiterating Strawbs as wolf
    1588 – Replies to me: saying it's always a shambles when a wolf is being lynched (second response to me - pocketing?)
    1618 – Calls Clarabel out for voting Digi when she thinks Strawbs is a wolf

Up to present (8 hours before 3rd lynch)
    1992 – First post since the last
    1998 – Thinks Strawbs is a wolf; thinks we should lynch sKeith - is this not just the exact same thing he called Clarabel (#1618) out on before??
    Nothing since

I would say still a strong (but not definite) possibility of wolf off this read. Two things I noticed, in #953 he said he'd look in to GnR again. If he did, he didn't post about it. And in #966 he calls out Strawbs for switching to him in the kitten lynch, and asks for explanation but doesn't follow up on it. He follows up plenty chasing sKeith on explanations but not these two things? Just a lazy villager, or a not-bothered wolf?

One thing's for sure, he's not on the same team as sKeith or Strawbs (or if they are, then super-well played guys!!). I think for info purposes it'd be worth lynching any of these three to see how they flip and then reassess the other two. As I now think Strawbs is more likely to be Villager, I'd say not her, but I'm kinda easy as to whether it's Fixxxer or sKeith that goes.

Though it was Fixxxer's ISO, I found it quite telling about sKeith too. Fixxxer's post #1564 (as well as Ecto's question previously) were fair, and I did not like sKeith's answer, especially his promise to do an ISO on Fixxxer that never came about.

I’m on phone and out and about today but could someone take a look at the possibility of a fixxxer / triceratops double act? Fixxxer was well pissed off that votes were going off me. Triceratops was defending Fixxxer last night too.

Do I have to do all the work around here?????

(:))

When doing Fixxxer's ISO, this is the only bit where Triceratops came in. Inconclusive, I think. It started with me about to switch from Digi to Fixxxer on sKeith's advice:

Reread my read on Fixxxer. There’s no new wolfiness from when I wrote it straight after last munch, but nothing swaying me away from him either. He made my FFA. I don’t think Strawbs is a wolf so I could get on the Fixxxer train alright.
    You got a post number for that?
    Is this it? If he hasn't done anything wolfy since then what basis are we proposing hanging him on?
    Yeah that’s it. That was wolfy enough and he didn’t sway me back since. He’s not my first choice but I’m more comfortable voting him than Strawbs.
    I don't know if it's enough on fixer to hang him on and I have a feeling the analysis on strawbs is gonna be too long to review, and I have 8 mins to vote so I'll have flip between digi or ctk I think. Unless anyone has any quivk alt suggestions
    fixxxer wrote: »
    Vote strawbs, get a wolf.

so lynchable
    skeith x6
    fixxxer x6
    strawbs x5

I will flip villa, what does that prove, straw could still be wolf.
    If straw flips villa, whats that prove, i could still be wolf and what does it prove about fixxxer.
    if fixxxer flips wolf, then me and straw can't both be wol and most likely both me and straw are just villa.

fixxxer is the info lynch here.

sKeith wrote: »
    so lynchable
    skeith x6
    fixxxer x6
    strawbs x5

I will flip villa, what does that prove, straw could still be wolf.
    If straw flips villa, whats that prove, i could still be wolf and what does it prove about fixxxer.
    if fixxxer flips wolf, then me and straw can't both be wol and most likely both me and straw are just villa.

fixxxer is the info lynch here.

This is so-oooo leading!!

"I will flip villa...
    If straw flips villa...
    if fixxxer flips wolf..."

Fair enough you're not gonna say "I will flip wolf" whether you are one or you're not.

But what about the possibility of Strawbs flipping wolf, or Fixxxer flipping Villager?

Shouldn't you consider all possibilities?

I think Fixxxer is probably a wolf
    I think sKeith is probably a wolf

I also think I’m probably wrong about one of the above two statements but I think they’re probably not on the same team.

• Advertisement

This is so-oooo leading!!

"I will flip villa...
    If straw flips villa...
    if fixxxer flips wolf..."

Fair enough you're not gonna say "I will flip wolf" whether you are one or you're not.

But what about the possibility of Strawbs flipping wolf, or Fixxxer flipping Villager?

Shouldn't you consider all possibilities?

We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

You ask why i am still alive.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110102222&postcount=184

either i got my wolves right, or i village leaned a wolf,

lets look at that.

leaning village

quickbeam - very slight vaiilage lean (was i wrong here, you know the answer to that.)

Strawberry Milkshake - Like answers given when i asked about why she like the fact there was no village alligned power roles. (was i wrong here, strawberry knows the answer to that.)

tritium - nice acknolegement of mountainous (for newbies, the nice picture of the mountains was a ref to the type of game we are currently playing, mountainous, no power roles, and only vanilla wolves) shade / not shade on me and pter, or just trying to game solve. Dont lynch here first. Reevaluate the here on day 2. There posts so far are pro village. (was i wrong here, No.)

Barney92 - some shade but is honest about it, game solvey? depends how pter flips, not w/w with pter. (was i wrong here, No.)

Green&Red - decent read of me, advancing player or TMI? (for newbies 'too much information') ah feck, barney can keep an eye on him, consider me slightly pocketed here. (was i wrong here, GnR knows the answer to that.)

very slight inkling of wolf equity

Kolido - shader

Loughc - shader (I was wrong here)

Triceratops Ballet - she says she has to watch what she says, nothing further

The skunk pre lynch, she new i was wolf reading her.

Hmm,

skunk and tb maybe.

I dont know.

I forgot how I wolf leaned her night 0.

when did i get my fixxxer wolf lean and why did i stop hounding tb?

Advertisement