Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I voted cross at random because he was low poster. I wanted info from the talkers so didn't think voting one of them was of value. He was on my FFA and then I voted for him.

I voted cross again because he voted without posting. I voted him and gave this as the reason before Petr suggested going into the vote but no post group.

I voted strawberry as I thought wolf.

My vote is currently on GnR. Though I'm really confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Clarabel wrote: »

I've done it again. Given a back trackable reason.

I don't want to change til I'm sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

In terms of how I voted, I went for kitten on day one because I felt she was doing just enough to skate by but had nothing of substance going for her.

I went for Strawbs on day 2 coz GnRs reading of her seemed to confirm my suspicions and I was super wary of a Strawbs / sKeith team at the time. I gave too much credit to Digis 'I was doing exams and I'm busy' post probably because I've been that soldier and wanted to give him a chance to get into the game.

I went fixxxer yesterday because, despite my own reservations about him, I didn't think sKeith was a wolf, especially with his work on ranking the sort lists. Also I really don't like how fixxer went from being in pole position to be lynched with a few votes declared on him to fading into the background.

Currently fixxxer/Kolido are my suspected wolves. BH is a distant third.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Green&Red wrote: »
    BH, it wasn’t you that put me onto Strawbs, it was one of her posts.

@Petr - the bad feeling doesn’t come from you shaking trees, it’s more you just seem to be controlling the direction things go in.
    I’ll actually go back and review the couple of hours leading up to the Digi Lynch, I wasn’t around but I feel there’s a lot to be learned from what happened that nite

I don't think I claimed to have put you onto Strawbs. I was on her for the first 2 lynches though so it's not like I just jumped on her after your more detailed post on her.

I get how someone being on you even if a few lynches ago can stick with someone if you feel the reasons were flimsy hell thats why I am pointing out just how flimsy Ecto having me in a trio now is for "steering" without any examples other than having an opinion on a poster and sticking to it.

Also I'm on phone at the moment but when I get home I'll grab the posts that show the examples for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I've put my vote in for today on G&R it might be a bit OMGUS but I don't like how when he did an ISO on me, he misrepresents my posts, saying I announced my vote on duffers before I submitted player notes which he thinks is weird. It's weird G&R cos it didn't happen, I called him out on it and he ignored it, which seems like he's avoiding getting into it with me.

I voted for duffers day one cos I thought it was odd that he was all chat all the bank holiday weekend and then disappeared once the game began (as opposed to me being MIA the whole time!!)

I said yesterday I voted for CTK in literally an eeney meaney miney moe between him and digi, cos I didn't get online til 8.30 and I don't believe in wagons (i believe they exist, I just don't subscribe to them being beneficial)

I missed the vote on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Given Im likely to be raced tonight, I will present my defence, or in this case maybe my incouragement to lynch me.

Ok so, lets look at the outcome of this. When I flip green, what will you have learned?

1: Are we looking at a fixxxer / Pter double act. I dont want to believe this as I was adament Pter was town, but here is the evidence.

- Pter busses digi, brings up the possibility of digi getting bussed as he couldnt play on, can fall back on this if questioned later in the game.
    - Pter brings up the idea of the wolves munching the digi5, I dismiss it as a stupid move, dandy is munched. (Granted I dont look good here either)
    - Keithy goes hot on fixxxer, Pter jumps on keithy, strawbs and I say he is almost certain town, yep he is town.
    - Now he sees some heat on me so he jumps in, as Im hot on fixxxer.

2. Fixxxer, Im carrying on the work left behind from Keithy, truth be told, I didnt see much wrong with Fixxxer but others seemed to.

3. Gnr, I mentioned this a few days ago, his aggressive game style (not in a bad way) is reminiscent of how I saw wolves play before. I didnt just pluck him out of thin air.

4. Strawbs for the tunneling all game, she must be in China by now!

5. Cross, likely to be modkilled.

Conclusion, probably be none the wiser on these 4 when I flip green. Pter could be interesting though for jumping on me now.

lets look at the outcome of this. If I flip red (not going to happen but for balance lets consider it) what will you have learned?

Well, you could probably clear Pter, Strawbs, gnr, not a bad result

Consider who has been killed already, trit, digi (bus job?), barney, kitten, keithy, dandy. Quite a lot of experience there which makes me believe there is at least one veteran on the wolf team. No offence to the newish players. If one of the newish players flipped red, it would almost clear the others.

You need to consider now if my flip is more beneficial than keeping me alive, not knowing if Im town or wolf, there will always be doubt. At this point, I would probably go lynching me given the option.

But know this, I always seem to play this style when Im town, its unfortunate but the veterans should be aware of it by now

If Im lynched tonight, please flag this post tomorrow and go through it again. I cant promise its gospel (apart from my green flip) but hopefully it can steer you in the right direction.

Fwiw, my town lean now is Strawbs, tusk, pter (I really hope, but consider the evidence above), bh.

With regards my votes

Lynch 1 Strawbs

I wrote this at the time:
    Strawberry - Claimed max 100 posts per cycle would be difficult but has only just about hit 30 so far. reacted more than most to Whiplash death but then immediately voted Kitten without much of an explanation. Not pushed on FFAs apparently and then went to do homework on our departed Whiplash and return but didn't mention whiplash again after that,

Lynch 2 Strawbs

This time I was no longer the lone vote on Strawbs who saw more attention from others in particular G&R who summed up my feelings pretty well on Strawbs with his big post on her. Felt somewhat pocketed but still thought Strawbs our best bet.

Lynch 3 SK

I kept flipping on SK but honestly he just did one too many things from getting the decisive vote on Kitten to jumping around L2 but not onto the person I was on or that flipped Lector for me to put him out of my mind. I was 50/50 on him or Strawbs who imo started to take a bit of a backseat somewhat while SK was being a distraction to the village.

Lynch 4

I'm torn at the moment. Probably going Kolido but still considering Strawbs despite not thinking that will get much support. Fixxer, then Ecto and Clara aren't that far off to round out my top 5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I've put my vote in for today on G&R it might be a bit OMGUS but I don't like how when he did an ISO on me, he misrepresents my posts, saying I announced my vote on duffers before I submitted player notes which he thinks is weird. It's weird G&R cos it didn't happen, I called him out on it and he ignored it, which seems like he's avoiding getting into it with me.

I voted for duffers day one cos I thought it was odd that he was all chat all the bank holiday weekend and then disappeared once the game began (as opposed to me being MIA the whole time!!)

I said yesterday I voted for CTK in literally an eeney meaney miney moe between him and digi, cos I didn't get online til 8.30 and I don't believe in wagons (i believe they exist, I just don't subscribe to them being beneficial)

I missed the vote on Sunday

I didn't mean to ignore that point, I actually thought I addressed it yesterday, very simple explanation, it sorted by best matched instead of new first, best matched is almost newest first but not quiet (have a look). When I looked at it those two must have been switched, it was only something I noticed when doing a later ISO, default is best matched

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Am really not liking the way Triceratops just pops in like that. Very little to her posts either.

• Advertisement

Clarabel wrote: »

I don't really understand this, your posts for the last day seem to suggest you think I'm village but then your vote is still on me?

Maybe not fully village but definitely not reading that I'm the one you're most suspect of

Votes so far Mon 13th - Tues 14th (I have no idea what day phase we’re on.

Monday
    10:10 tusk puts placeholder on fixxxer
    11:46 Clarabel says she is putting vote on green
    13:54 QB votes fixxxer as placeholder
    17:27 Clarabel says she’ll happily move vote to Kolido if it helps

Tuesday
    08:07 Pter has vote in on Kolido
    08:40 Clarabel says her vote on green stands
    08:48 QB puts placyon Kolido
    13:16 Triceratops says she has vote on green

Still haven’t found my friend, motivation and I really need their help with interactions and ISOs

:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Game Mod:

For clarity, this phase is Day 4. Yes.... just day 4.

With regards my votes

Lynch 1 Strawbs

I wrote this at the time:

Lynch 2 Strawbs

This time I was no longer the lone vote on Strawbs who saw more attention from others in particular G&R who summed up my feelings pretty well on Strawbs with his big post on her. Felt somewhat pocketed but still thought Strawbs our best bet.

Lynch 3 SK

I kept flipping on SK but honestly he just did one too many things from getting the decisive vote on Kitten to jumping around L2 but not onto the person I was on or that flipped Lector for me to put him out of my mind. I was 50/50 on him or Strawbs who imo started to take a bit of a backseat somewhat while SK was being a distraction to the village.

Lynch 4

I'm torn at the moment. Probably going Kolido but still considering Strawbs despite not thinking that will get much support. Fixxer, then Ecto and Clara aren't that far off to round out my top 5

Have you anything on me other than the fact that I'm suspicious of you? Anything at all?

Thanks for volunteering Kolido and yes, whatever colour comes up when you flip will give us loads of leads.

Vote: Kolido

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Have you anything on me other than the fact that I'm suspicious of you? Anything at all?

You highlighted I was only no.3 on your list, right now your at most 3 maybe 4 or 5 more likely on mine. Have been null on you apart from that you are the only person who voted Kitten that is still alive but I was similar on Clara and both of you raised suspicions with me due to your posting today. It's the fact that I would lean more village on others than yourselves that sees you in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Kolido wrote:
    1: Are we looking at a fixxxer / Pter double act. I dont want to believe this as I was adament Pter was town, but here is the evidence.

I've been pushing fixxxer since d1. You really think I'd buss two teammates when I know I'm not going to be around this week.

Thanks for volunteering Kolido and yes, whatever colour comes up when you flip will give us loads of leads.

Vote: Kolido

Wouldn't really say Im volunteering but my job is to help the village, so yeah go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Thanks for that write up Kolido. Can experienced players please review, and potentially do a similar 'what we'll learn if green/red flip' for the other top runners - Fixxxer, Kolido (expand on his personal writeup), Strawbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

tusk wrote: »
    Thanks for that write up Kolido. Can experienced players please review, and potentially do a similar 'what we'll learn if green/red flip' for the other top runners - Fixxxer, Kolido (expand on his personal writeup), Strawbs.

I feel like we didn't really delve into this type of analysis pre-sk lynch, which could potentially have kept him slightly safer?

Pter wrote: »
    I've been pushing fixxxer since d1. You really think I'd buss two teammates when I know I'm not going to be around this week.

But strangley you havent voted him once.

As I said, I could be barking up the wrong tree completely, but I've been hoodwinked too many times in this game to know nothing is impossible.

Personally I'm more in favour of a fixxxer lynch than Kolido but I'm happy with either tbh. The reasons for fixxxer is that Barney (dead) sKeith (dead) and DAndy (dead) were all on him at one point or another. Now they could all have been wrong but it's something to consider.
    The other thing is when it looked like he and Strawbs were in trouble, he defended himself. Yesterday (or two days ago possibly I'm confused) when he was being touted as a suspect he didn't defend himself the same way and things subtly swung towards sKeith. There was quite a bit of panic and vote swapping when Digi was lynched and I did think it could be because 2 wolves were up for the noose...fixxxer ended up in 3rd place (with CTK & Strawbs in joint second, the latter with fixxxers vote on her). With kitten and sKeith, not so much.

I think if fixxer flips wolf we get a bit more info than Kolido, but as I think they may be a double act, I'm good either way.

You highlighted I was only no.3 on your list, right now your at most 3 maybe 4 or 5 more likely on mine. Have been null on you apart from that you are the only person who voted Kitten that is still alive but I was similar on Clara and both of you raised suspicions with me due to your posting today. It's the fact that I would lean more village on others than yourselves that sees you in that position.

Fair enough...I may be getting a tad worked up. All I'll say is look at the amount of work I've put in, and honestly, look at just how paranoid-ly wrong I've been. A wolf doesn't need to do that kind of work.

tusk wrote: »

Hmmm what I’m reading from kolidos list is who is he bluffing or double bluffing about. Could be a hindrance not a help to us.

Still haven’t found my friend, motivation and I really need their help with interactions and ISOs

:(

Who's ISO do you want? I'm unexpectedly free for a couple of hours so I can do some if needed

Personally I'm more in favour of a fixxxer lynch than Kolido but I'm happy with either tbh. The reasons for fixxxer is that Barney (dead) sKeith (dead) and DAndy (dead) were all on him at one point or another. Now they could all have been wrong but it's something to consider.
    The other thing is when it looked like he and Strawbs were in trouble, he defended himself. Yesterday (or two days ago possibly I'm confused) when he was being touted as a suspect he didn't defend himself the same way and things subtly swung towards sKeith. There was quite a bit of panic and vote swapping when Digi was lynched and I did think it could be because 2 wolves were up for the noose...fixxxer ended up in 3rd place (with CTK & Strawbs in joint second, the latter with fixxxers vote on her). With kitten and sKeith, not so much.

I think if fixxer flips wolf we get a bit more info than Kolido, but as I think they may be a double act, I'm good either way.

So you think Fixxer and 1 of CTW or Strawbs are a team?

CTW could be modkilled.

So you think Fixxer and 1 of CTW or Strawbs are a team?

CTW could be modkilled.

Nah, I think it's fixxxer and Kolido. I think fixxxer and Digi were the 2 wolves in the firing line.

• Advertisement

Who's ISO do you want? I'm unexpectedly free for a couple of hours so I can do some if needed

I said I would do who had and hadn’t interacted with each other. Moreso with regards to game posts not fluff posts.

Advertisement