Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

If we get a list of unordered ffas, would that help with the plan discussed yesterday of not declaring votes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

tusk wrote: »
    If we get a list of unordered ffas, would that help with the plan discussed yesterday of not declaring votes?

Here's my problem with FFA's even if we don't declare who we vote for off them we still end up compiling a list with everyone who's being considered for a vote, some names will appear with greater frequency and unless we all post at the same time any FFA's posted early will influence later posted ones. They will still provide the wolves with some bandwagon info.

On the other hand they do give us a method and some info and the cost of that (giving the wolves info) might be one worth paying. If we're going to FFA this I'd propose we do it from like lunch time tomorrow. shorten the possible bandwagon window?

very reasonable points imo.

How would people feel about a fully blind vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

We have to mine the info from those kills. Was Ecto a stop her talking kill or an easy target kill. Who was she pointing the finger at earlier in the game. Who had she eased up on.

Why were the digi5 targeted. Was dandy killed to alay suspicion, and now they have stopped on us to not narrow the numbers for a wolf traitor in our number?

Sorry to see Ecto go. Fixxxer i was suss of so sorry about that Fixy.

I still am not able to keep up with the thread so Kolido is my default position until such time as I can catch up. Possibly this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

tusk wrote:

The wolves have perfect info. We have imperfect info. Taking away more info from us is generally bad. It's essentially leaving it to luck. That's my take anyway.

• Advertisement

tusk wrote: »
    very reasonable points imo.

Typically I prefer a blind vote once or twice a game in the earlier stages. I think it's good to see how wolves vote "naturally" with no wagon and I think it gives info when they flip. This late in the game I dunno, we might need the info more now. but if we can structure it and agree a time that everyone can commit to do theirs (like a 2-3 hour window tomorrow?) then we can limit their time to influence/build wagons? Obvs I may be shooting myself in the foot if I can't make it in the allocated time:rolleyes:

I'm going to look back over the last phase of Ecto stuff. Don't think I'll be able to do the multi quote thing, but I will try pull out the main points and interactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Typically I prefer a blind vote once or twice a game in the earlier stages. I think it's good to see how wolves vote "naturally" with no wagon and I think it gives info when they flip. This late in the game I dunno, we might need the info more now. but if we can structure it and agree a time that everyone can commit to do theirs (like a 2-3 hour window tomorrow?) then we can limit their time to influence/build wagons? Obvs I may be shooting myself in the foot if I can't make it in the allocated time:rolleyes:

I think even if we did it at 7’it would leave them with enough time to coordinate.

Either we do it blind or we don’t. I think we learn more about who is doing what if we at least put up FFAs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Similarly to when Strawbs did it way back at the start I’m not currently a fan of people suggesting no FFAs/ a blind vote. The wolves already have more information than us. You may have your own logic as to why it’s a good move but I don’t think it helps.

30m more, cycle, cook and then back to here hopefully for me

Wall of txt post incoming... Please excuse the mess.

• Advertisement

Thoughts on GnRs suggestion of a digi5 voting block agreement:
    If they can all agree yeah.

In terms of holes, well if both wolves did bus Digi then we run into issues pretty quickly unless we find a wolf in next 2 lynches and having (most likely) created a singular wagon we won't have vote history to learn from. If we also did FFAs that might give us some info to work from.

If we do find a wolf in next couple of lynches then we'd be in a great position.

Agrees with others on TBs absence being dodgy.

Clara misses ecto on her full list, ecto calls out and says she can put him down as lock clear.

Keeping alive the posibility of at least 1 wolf on digi5.

I'm also considering thr possibility that Digi might have been the most experienced wolf on the wolf team. If this was the case and Digi really wasn't around much, then Trit and Barney's munches make more sense to me.

FFA3 - Fixxxer, SK, Strawbs
    For me a fixxer lynch would clear up sKeith and Strawbs. Both have targeted him and voted for him. If he flipped bad then I'd say my suspicions of them are probably wrong.

Worries the wolves are taking the title ofthe game seriously and staying ‘silent’ so village tears itself apart.

Placeholder on fixxxer thinking it will give the most info but open to changing.

Applauds QBs work ethic

Didn’t vote SK as thought a green flip woulnd’t give much info

Thinks it’s highly unlikely tusk and qb are wolf team based on voting skunk day 1.

Kolido accuses him of flying under the radar. Responds to people saying he’s awol, ‘ christ people i’m still here’

Questioned ‘Digi’ post by clara

Talking about the Digi5:

My order of suspicion would be QB, Tusk, Pter, Skunk. They could well all be clear but I will be looking closer at them tomorrow when I can. I wouldn't be going for any of them next lynch myself but I will be keeping a close watch.

Began to suspect kolido more than fixxxer. Thinks if Kolido is a wolf, his likely partners are BH, Fixxxer, or GNR

Tells QB that it could be Kolido or Clara and still be Fixxxer.

Wants clara to be outright with who she thinks is wolf, rather than being worried it will hurt the village.

Suspects BH due to him voting SK, and leading people away from Fixxxer

Has BH down as potential wolf after fixxxer and Kolido. Contingent on one of those being a wolf first.

Chat with BH about being on each others lists potential wolf lists. (was BHs top 5)

A Lot of work on spreadsheeting out phased FFAs and Votes (thinks there could there be something to find in here)

Heavy back and forth with Clara about her voting cross outside of FFA

Thought on the silence of the group and what that means:

I think so. The relative silence on thread has me a bit concerned. Either we've nailed the wolves in Kolido and Fixxxer or we have 2 more villagers up for the noose

Not sure what we learn from a Kolido lynch:

With Kolido I'm not so sure what we learn either way and nobody has taken me up on/been able to answer this question.

On Fixxxer lynch:

If he is good I think we learn a bit less than if he is bad but I think we learn quite a bit from who was putting him forward repeatedly. If he's good it will look crap for me but I can live with that.

IMO he has been a serious candidate for lynch twice and people have been nudged off him. If he flips wolf I think we have clues to his partner.

I'd like it to be noted that my ISO of Fixxer #2433 stated that we shouldn't lynch him (just yet at least). His thinking on a lot of things was very similar to my own.

Prior to that I had a "bad vibe" off him but after that he disappeared from my FFAs. As I've pointed out to Skunk and Tusk previously I've been very consistent all game
    Green&Red wrote: »

So to recap, like myself has been all over Strawbs. I'm probably not the best person to be doing this because a lot of what he has said would be in line with my own thinking. However I will say he has done very little original work. Although he has stuck to Strawbs, not sure if thats wolfy or not.

Theres also plus and minus points for Strawbs in there. The chaos on Friday could indicate we were about to lynch a wolf but I've accused SKeith previously of causing that chaos
    I'm not sure I'd lynch Fixxer just yet

I think even if we did it at 7’it would leave them with enough time to coordinate.

Either we do it blind or we don’t. I think we learn more about who is doing what if we at least put up FFAs

I never advocated not doing it, and i think you're wrong, if we did it at 7 and they wanted to build or influence a wagon they would have a really small window and no guarantee that everyone would be around to influence. there's only two of them like they need time to build a majority they can't be it themselves. The less time they have to steer the vote the better imo

Tusk just to clarify is that a list of Ecto interactions?

Tusk just to clarify is that a list of Ecto interactions?

Yes, sorry, should have put a title on it :o:o:o

So what are we saying? FFAs, no FFAs, saying who we're voting for?

My vote would be for transparency, I think the more info we have the better.

Now I'm off to read Friday's timeline again

This could be a WILD suggestion but isn't the idea of an FFA that we get three runners and we vote in that group. We could do that and secret vote within the group?

Any of the games I've played to date haven't used FFAs effectively and we've been slated in the deadroom for it afterwards.

So how about that we each put in a three person FFA by 3pm tomorrow (#FFA5 please) and vote within the top three from that

I would be nice to see an FFA utilised properly. I’ll submit one tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I would be nice to see an FFA utilised properly. I’ll submit one tomorrow

You can only put me on it once remember :)

I would advocate going back to doing a full read list from everyone, something to work from when we get a green flip.

Doesnt need to be elaborate but at least a lean on everyone.

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    I would advocate going back to doing a full read list from everyone, something to work from when we get a green flip.

Doesnt need to be elaborate but at least a lean on everyone.

Yeah i feel like the lack of these has reduced the info available. If most are on board I will post one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

10m break now, wrote this hours ago (still have a few hours before I’m free) and just added the Ecto relevant bit

——-

So first off, those who were saying we’d learn more by lynching Fixxxer, what exactly did we learn?

Was already most suspicious of Strawbs and Kolido and both were on Fixxxer who flipped good so I’m not going to be any less suspicious as a result

I’m happy the mod kills happened even if they happened without a wolf reveal- only TB left from the super quiet bunch to be suspicious of now.

The wolves chose to munch Ecto . I had expected a member of the digi5 (now4) but he was not likely to be lynched next time round. Anything that can be learned from he had been after / voting for or weren’t after?

Him being on Fixxxer has me even more so on Strawbs/Kolido as they are now the only non digi5 voters left that voted for the now confirmed good Fixxxer and I’d have expected at least one wolf on the biggest wagon.

Isn’t moving until we have panic just going to create the illusion of panic due to all the moving.

So you didn’t go for Kolido because you suggested he was going to be a mislynch and went Green & Red instead. No way of proving who is a wolf atm but that is avoiding a potential wolf wagon (in my eyes) for a vote you probably knew would not be enough to lynch someone (given how others were voting).

My order of suspicion currently

Kolido
    Strawbs

Clarabel/TB

Well given my list of suspects is the same as yours except for moi obviously...does that not stand ground that we're probably on the same team?

People suggesting blind votes / non defined FFAs

meanwhile I am advocating shouting your opinion from the rooftops
    ABMegaphone200px.gif

The more FFAs, read lists etc the more info we will have to work off, the more opportunities for wolves to mess up and say something they didn't mean to, the more stuff said that can stand out when people flip either way.

People suggesting blind votes / non defined FFAs

meanwhile I am advocating shouting your opinion from the rooftops
    ABMegaphone200px.gif

The more FFAs, read lists etc the more info we will have to work off, the more opportunities for wolves to mess up and say something they didn't mean to, the more stuff said that can stand out when people flip either way.

Makes sense to me.

Clarabel wrote: »
    Well given my list of suspects is the same as yours except for moi obviously...does that not stand ground that we're probably on the same team?

If your on the level it could but if you were a wolf you could be playing with more info than I am and happily push Kolido & Strawbs knowing they aren't your team mates.

That said at some point you have to wonder as a villager why am I still alive. I mean I was not a favorite to be lynched yet (don't think you have either) and I wasn't part of the Digi5 (don't think you were either) so is it that if they killed me my opinions on thread might implicate them. Don't know if you have been as vocal with regards who you thought were Wolves though.

Clarabel wrote: »

That was the same reasoning i gave for putting digi village, but we all know how that turned out...

ISO OF KOLIDO DAY ZERO

First poster and acknowledged by fixxxer (villager) Later mentioned by whiplashy (villager) see further on.
    First...woohoo....

Surely I wont be munched on my birthday!
    fixxxer wrote: »
    And I'm only three days until retirement!

Kolido replies to greens OP but green never acknowledges it.
    Hi guys, I’ll be staying away until Monday I think, it would be great if ye could have it narrowed down by that stage!

Go FBI!
    The Feds don't take the weekend off, got a live one here folks.

I will be expecting a promotion next week.

Kolido never acknowledges whiplashy (villager) wolf call out
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Forgot that the game was starting. Kolido is clearly a wolf due to getting the first post, so only 2 left to find :D

I’ll be MIA for most of today and tomorrow so really glad it’s a slow burner. I trust you’ll all have worked out who the other 2 furballs are by then.

Digital Solitude (wolf) also makes post saying first
    First

Non alignment indicative discussion about the lambs in silence of the lambs
    A quick Google search will explain the title, something to do with a lamb slaughterhouse?

Kolido makes a jokey wolf callout to green who never responds to it
    I hate to break it to you buddy but there’s a good reason the lambs are silent #sadstory

TFMG&R got me a nice bag of craft beers, I’m enjoying my Friday nite with them while she’s on nites.
    Just dropping in to clear myself, my earlier post was just a place holder, I’ve a busy weekend lined up, doesn’t mean I’m a wolf.

Putting myself in wolf clothing I’d say lay low, a few interactions here and there.
    There’s only three of them so they’ll be hard to catch, they’ll be wide to wagonomics, there’ll be no voting pattern. So for the first day or so we’ll need to get lucky with a bandwagon

Keith picks up on it and discusses with green but Kolido doesn’t he involved.
    sKeith wrote: »
    I didn't think your first post meant you were a wolf tbh. More sus of k-man for shading you over it than your opening post.

Like, why would a villager shade you over that opening post? I'm still willing to believe at this early stage that k-man was just having a laugh, and that it was very early, and he didnt consider that shding another player is a wolfy trait. I'll be watching hime (k-man) more closely over that than you.
    What games have you been a wolf in SK? I must read them back sometime. You’re playing this like the last time I saw you as NRV

I liked it then and I like it now

Replies to an ongoing convo about Keith and Pter. Second paragraph about wagonomics which Pter responds to.
    So if Keithy is munched Tuesday, we can lynch Pter, assuming he wasnt framed.

Wagonomics (where do they get these names) could be important in this game with no other tools to work with.
    Pter wrote: »
    Wagonomics is gonna be key. And I think free voting is key to that, no?

Non alignment indicative post about nicknames.
    Can we just refer to every player by a nickname for the player aphabetically above them, that should solve everything.

Non alignment indicative
    If we are going to be quoating old games its going to be pointless playing non anon games here anymore.

Also not very welcoming for newbies.

Footie convo
    Origi is an absolute hero
    8 minutes, I cant take this.
    All over, now just need Leicester to do us a massive favour

Keith has Kolido in wolf section of his reads. Kolido defends about the footie but not initial shade
    So far, i have a null reading on Clarabel, Succubus_ and tusk.

as for the rest...

Null

crosstownk - almost as null as above 3.

Digital Solitude - almost as null as above 3.

nullish

Dublinandy2 - not all wolves are furry

Whiplashy - jokes that k-man is a wolf.

Duffman13 - claims to have found two wolves in the OPs of the two directly above.

Bounty Hunter - forty coats with his fifty pockets.

Ectoplasm - 6 posts of nothing.

fixxxer - having troubleing giffing.

kitten_k - nothing much in 4 posts

Pter - seems to try hard to read my posts but ignores mention of TB being guarded about what she posts. Asks for expalations to stuff already in thread. Seems to be trying to act villlagery. Recieved some backup from sm, but i'm village leaning on sm, so gonna discard that for a while.

TheSkunk - Lke there OP more than most, but zero followup ...

leaning village

quickbeam - very slight vaiilage lean

Strawberry Milkshake - Like answers given when i asked about why she like the fact there was no village alligned power roles.

tritium - nice acknolegement of mountainous (for newbies, the nice picture of the mountains was a ref to the type of game we are currently playing, mountainous, no power roles, and only vanilla wolves) shade / not shade on me and pter, or just trying to game solve. Dont lynch here first. Reevaluate the here on day 2. There posts so far are pro village.

Barney92 - some shade but is honest about it, game solvey? depends how pter flips, not w/w with pter.

Green&Red - decent read of me, advancing player or TMI? (for newbies 'too much information') ah feck, barney can keep an eye on him, consider me slightly pocketed here.

Lock clear villager

sKeith - Lock CLEAR

very slight inkling of wolf equity

Kolido - shader

Loughc - shader

Triceratops Ballet - she says she has to watch what she says, nothing further

giphy.gif
    If you dont know what we were talking about keithy, how can you say it was ungame related?

In any case, I know you're smart enough to realise it was football. Not the only ungame related things in this tread yesterday.

Responding to nobody in particular. Saying something for the sake of it?
    About a 33% chance of a village win if we were just munching and lynching, it doesn't account for the pages of chat and investigating we will be doing.

I believe the actual odds would be much higher.

I know he is talking to Keith directly regarding lock clear but bounty also said it jokingly. The use of “your” rather than “our” as in the collective village bothers me. Convo doesn’t continue after these 3 comments.
    I'm torn. Firstly, why would a villager try to clear themselve so early, we have 20 villagers, if we mislynch, its not a huge deal. Your priority should be trying to find wolves, not clear yourself this early. Lynch a wolf this early and it would affect them more.
    Anyone saying they are lock clear look dusty in my book.

On the other hand, why would 2 such experienced players draw so much attention to themselves this early if they were wolves
    If the 2nd of the 2 is me, I was just taking the p!sh by saying im the same as Skeith.

I mean I am good but like him (at least based on what has been offered so far) have nothing solid to prove that to everyone else.

Despite that BH being good is
    source.gif

Eventually Skeith will have to explain himself but he has by a massive margin the most posts right now and although he could be dodgy i'd imagine most of the focus is on him for that reason.
    I don't care, I have no luck.

I don't miss it all that much.

There's just so many things that I can't touch.

1st acknowledgement of whiplashy in game
    Have you caught up yet Whippy, seems everyone paused for you :D
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    Yup I’m all caught up. You guys are too kind :D

Short answers to Keith’s questions and a bit of cockiness with the only one way to find out what I am line.
    K-man,
    post something that will make you feel villagery for me... please...

whens your birthday?

lining up a pter kill after me getting lynched doesnt instill good vibes for me.

form now on i'll refer to you as the Joker. is that okay? (J is aphabetically above K)

diskrediting my metagaming, while it was legal.

Trying to build a repore back up with me, as if you think its important what the heck i think or rant about, nobody else does.

odds be odds, dont fight the odds!

shading me and duffman, if k-man is wolf, me and duffman most likely not.
    oops, on that last quote,

shading me and bounty hunter, if k-man is wolf, me and bounty hunter most likely not.

fixed.
    so, my n0.1 team most likely not good,

curently softing k-man and bounty hunter not on same wolf team. k-mans shade on me and bountyhunter on n0.1.5 seems a little to far from comfort for a team to do.
    Tomorrow

Sounds ok with me

You have the most posts here, odds are I will repsond to you more than others, dont fight the odds.

If you dont

And if you or bounty flip bad, Im unlikely bad. Only one way to find out.
    Happy birthday

And also I think it was pretty obvious (and I later stated it) that I was taking the p!sh out of SK and the I’m lock clear thing - nobody has been cleared outside of to themselves. SK was most likely trying to get people to react (do not know that for fact and I’m not defending SK) considering how many times it was brought up without an explanation as to how.

Hopefully more people will speak up now as we head towards day 1 proper now
    Cheers.

Yeah I realised your lock was a joke, shouldnt have referenced you above, sorry.

I guess you have installed in me subconsciously that you have cleared yourself even though you were joking. Maybe that was your plan all along?
    My plan was two fold 1)make fun of SK and re-highlight SK being a “lock villager” without explanation

2) use a gif in my post.

Nothing more tbh so not much of a plan really... boo no gifs when using my phone
    By tomorrow you mean Tuesday?
    Yeah Tuesday 7th
    Yeah I gathered that but BH earlying it got me confused, especially when you cheers it.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Jest post but succubus a villlager now dead and tusk unknown still alive. Time will tell line is true.
    Succubus & Tusk left to post
    I'm convinced they were wolves and have already died of starvation!

Or they are villagers who were on the lash all weekend.

Time will tell.
    Ah I was just trying a bit of humor. I might be a joker but Im clearly no comedian.

Not directed at anyone
    We will hopefully get our first lead tomorrow. We will know at least one villager.

Non alignment indicative
    Whats all this about location? I thought we were all in the same town.
    Here we go.

thriller.gif
    TheSkunk wrote: »
    That made me laugh out loud :pac:

Pter responding to Keith and Kolido blasé about wolf read on him. Kolido never responds to the final quote from Keith below
    Pter wrote: »
    Your reads are fine for what they are(early reads from a non verified player). Obvs I know I am lock clear, but whatever.
    Impossible to read this early in a slow game, I'd take it with a pince of salt.

He's got me wrong for starters.
    What is that if not shade?
    And you're shading me now.
    setting up a mislynch?
    I am not shading, I am bring up your past posts.
    You wrote them.
    How was i wrong? Where you not casting shade?
    My reply to guns n roses was clearly a joke.
    Well, I'll be watching your progression on people.

Clearly, very slight inkling of wolf equity is the very lightest of sorts,

Your joke and the mislynch setup got you there.

You may disagree with my reads, but they are not wrong.

Instead of trying to discredit my reads, why not give some of your own.

Munch day. Talk about lots being active. Covering himself? Why would he say it could be most telling munch?
    Well today’s the big day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOLIDO!
    This deserves a double quotation!
    A lot of folk active this morning although that could be just because ye are back at work.

This could be the most telling munch of the whole game imo.

Joke posts before munch
    TheSkunk wrote: »
    Or should I say Skunk is a lady skunk :P
    Have you ever been drunk?
    drunk-skunk.jpeg

Whiplashy the villager is munched.

Moving on to day one next. Jeez it takes forever! Why do people always ring when my mate motivation is here! Don’t they know about werewolf?

Moving on to day one next. Jeez it takes forever! Why do people always ring when my mate motivation is here! Don’t they know about werewolf?

I'll save ya the hassle strawbs, cos I'm sound like that!

Lynch me tomorrow and use my town status the best ye can. I will give full read list tomorrow.

Of course continue with the iso if it helps finds wolves.

• Advertisement

I have stated that Strawbs and Kol are my suspects at the moment but their recent play isn't suggesting team mates. 1 of those plus 1 other would be my guess.

Another reason why I don't like the blind vote etc suggestions is it could stop people discussing things a bit too as they won't be saying who they are on while others are forced to defend themselves if people are accusing them in advance.

Advertisement