Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make copy of MRI on a CD

Options
  • 03-05-2019 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an MRI, on a CDR, I need to make a copy.

I have tried with imgburn, i've made an iso but trying to burn it back is failing because of error "next writable address is invalid".

What can I use or why am I getting the error?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

What format is the MRI? Is it just image files on the CD? If so then you can just copy them to a folder on your PC and just burn as normal to a blank CD. Or copy to USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

mordeith wrote: »
    What format is the MRI? Is it just image files on the CD? If so then you can just copy them to a folder on your PC and just burn as normal to a blank CD. Or copy to USB.

Not at computer now but the software to view the images is on it aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try mounting the ISO as a virtual drive?

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Try mounting the ISO as a virtual drive?

what will that do? What app to do it?

Is their any other recommended non virus ridden app like imgburn that will just copy it. It should have worked...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

vargoo wrote: »
    what will that do? What app to do it?

Is their any other recommended non virus ridden app like imgburn that will just copy it. It should have worked...

It shows it in Win Explorer as a pretend CD drive. I think PowerISO will do it, but it has liimitations on size for creating ISOs if you use the free version. I think it will mount anything though. UltraISO might be another.
    http://www.poweriso.com/download.php
    https://www.ultraiso.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

First determine how the disc is made ...... are they just files on an optical drive that can be copied or not?

EDIT: Try Etcher to burn the ISO? Not sure if it will do optical but it does SD and USB sticks.

https://www.balena.io/etcher/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I've made copies of MRI and CT Scan CDs using the standard Disk Utility on my Mac. Essentially, you should be able to clone the CD with appropriate software. AFAIK, it has software and data, nothing fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

JoyPad wrote: »
    I've made copies of MRI and CT Scan CDs using the standard Disk Utility on my Mac. Essentially, you should be able to clone the CD with appropriate software. AFAIK, it has software and data, nothing fancy.

Same here. MRI scan are just image files with a small piece of executable software on the disc to compile them into what appears to be one bigger image.

We copied ours using a built in windows utility to copy disc to hard drive and then burn out to another disc.

Burn it as a data disc not an iso.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Same here. MRI scan are just image files with a small piece of executable software on the disc to compile them into what appears to be one bigger image.

We copied ours using a built in windows utility to copy disc to hard drive and then burn out to another disc.

Burn it as a data disc not an iso.

Success!

Copy/paste to HDD burn back to disc.

I've tried doing that in the past with things and it never worked:confused:

Anywho!

Thanks everyone!

Hmm, it's 27mb bigger on the new disc? What would that be?

• Advertisement
Advertisement