Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mondello park in a motorcycle computer game.

Options
  • 03-05-2019 7:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, im looking to do a few track days in Mondello this summer. Are there any motorcycle computer games that you can learn off mondello race track on?
    Im not looking for youtube videos. I want to try out a game to see if it works.
    Thanks
    Shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

I've no idea if this is what you're looking for but have a look at virtual race academy.

https://vra.ie

Your best option is to do the training day in mondello and learn the track for real

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I've done a handful of laps at mondello in a car. There's not a lot to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shanedoc83

Thank for the replys lads. Ill check thise out. I did a track day in mondello five or six years ago and took a tumble in the gravel so im planning on being better prepared next time.

Give either myself or one of the lads in garage 1 a shout and we'll bring you around. What corner did you fall?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Well to be fair a computer game isn't going to teach you where the sneaky bumps are or what the camber is like.

• Advertisement

Jaysus i will thanks. Turn three. Didnt learn the track before i went up. A rookie mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

watch onboards and learn that way, enter the novice group, take your time and just enjoy the day,
    Mondello is great, just a pity they overload the groups so much
    Bishopscourt is a cracking track too, ernie coates is running a day in June, depending on where you live its definitely worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

zubair wrote: »
    Well to be fair a computer game isn't going to teach you where the sneaky bumps are or what the camber is like.

Remember Jeremy Clarkson trying to do the cork screw on the play station then in a real car,. Couldn't get anywhere near what he could do in the game on real life and that was with 4 wheels not 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Isn't it on Need for speed game......:confused:

If yet making Tarzan1 and 2 just one bend yet not trying hard enough...:D

I got some bad advice that day . I was nice and steady in the first two sessions. After the second session one of the marshalls told me to throw the bike into the bends and it would fly around them. It worked perfect on two of the bends. It is a brilliant day. The lads in one of the garages gave me a few bits to get the bike back drivable and i great fun.

• Advertisement

Turn 3 can catch you out if you tip in early, I use the 50mtr mark on the track as a turn point, tip in to the kerb and let the bike drift out to the left of the track at the change of tarmac for the turn point for the second part of the dogleg. If you turn in early the track closes on you, if you turn in late it opens.

Yeah, throwing the bike in to the corner probably wasn't the best advice I've heard, trust the bike alright but you need to pick reference points that you can use for braking, turn points, apex, exit etc.

Advertisement