Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispute Resolution Threads

Options
  • 03-05-2019 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was wondering, there seems to be a lot of time wasted in the DRP around the querying if users have engaged with mods about any sanctions/bans they've received.

Would it be possible to make a process in opening a thread in DRP that is a form with compulsory fields?

Name:
    Sanction Received:
    Banning Mod (this does not have to be in there):
    Contacted Moderator who issued the sanction:
    Comments:

What are your thoughts?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It’s a good idea. There is a process flow diagram and instructions at the top of the forum, but it’s not visible on all the site versions. And to be honest, I think that even if people see it, they might not always pay attention to it.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks this is a good idea and I've had an idea about how it could potentially be implemented. I'll need to talk to one of the guys here next week to see how workable it is (he's off today).

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

dudara wrote: »
    It’s a good idea. There is a process flow diagram and instructions at the top of the forum, but it’s not visible on all the site versions. And to be honest, I think that even if people see it, they might not always pay attention to it.

Yeah I know the diagram and stuff I just think it'll save you guys so much time if there was a compulsory form with mandatory fields that would then generate a thread with that info.

At least that way if it's something that has to populated it removes the "have you engaged with the mod prior to this" aspect to it all as it's definitely time consuming for you all.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I would just highlight that a lot of appeals never need to go to the DRP as they are resolved directly with the mod. I agree though, something more to encourage users to engage up front would be helpful, particularly as the flowchart at the head of the DRP is not visible on the Touch site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Beasty wrote: »
    I would just highlight that a lot of appeals never need to go to the DRP as they are resolved directly with the mod. I agree though, something more to encourage users to engage up front would be helpful, particularly as the flowchart at the head of the DRP is not visible on the Touch site

Okay I didn’t realize the last part of your post Beasty. Do you think that maybe the PM that is sent could maybe contain this flowchart or a variation of it for the time being?

Or if Niamh comes back, do you think the mandatory form would be better to have?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Okay I didn’t realize the last part of your post Beasty. Do you think that maybe the PM that is sent could maybe contain this flowchart or a variation of it for the time being?

Or if Niamh comes back, do you think the mandatory form would be better to have?
    That flowchart is going to look cumbersome on a mobile. We are discussing your initial suggestion though. It's not forgotten.

Advertisement