Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Turkey

Options
  • 03-05-2019 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I am planning a dinner party and have a turkey in the freezer that i want to use. I'm not a huge fan of the traditional roast turkey.
    Any recipes for something a little bit different??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What food/flavours do you like?

What about putting together an Indian spice mix (eg, cumin, coriander, chilli, turmeric, cloves, garam masala, etc) & using that as a rub for skin of the bird? You could also mix with ghee or butter & rub under the skin on the breasts to keep it moist.

You could serve with pilaf rice, homemade naans, raita & chutney.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

MiliMe wrote: »
    I am planning a dinner party and have a turkey in the freezer that i want to use. I'm not a huge fan of the traditional roast turkey.
    Any recipes for something a little bit different??

Wondering if it has to be cooked whole? At Christmas I take off the breasts and make a kind of sandwich with stuffing, cranberry, apple etc, foil wrap it and roast it, taking foil off near the end. Delicious and different .... and you could cook the legs etc separately rather than the whole bird . With whatever flavourings you choose..

Advertisement