Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceling Eir

Options
  • 03-05-2019 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi i am trying to cancel my eir phone and broadband package my contract is up .But when i ring the 1901 number it cuts me off after around 10 mins.Could anyone tell me the best way to cancel by the looks of things it wont be easy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Hi i am trying to cancel my eir phone and broadband package my contract is up .But when i ring the 1901 number it cuts me off after around 10 mins.Could anyone tell me the best way to cancel by the looks of things it wont be easy.

The best of luck with that.

I tried cancelling a €15 per month contract with Eir. Rang three times spending 41 mins, 27 mins and 19 mins on the phone before being cut off each time without getting to speak with anyone. This was three days in a row. Eventually I decided to cancel my direct debit with the bank and let them contact me instead. They did by email saying I owed them x amount so I had to ring them again and after hanging on for another 15 minutes before getting through. I got it cancelled and now they are attempting to siphon more money from me.

They will not be getting any more money. They are impossible to get through to. My advice to anyone who gets anything from Eir - do not do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Whamjam

Contact ComReg. If we all keep doing this maybe something will be done about Eir. Social Media is full of complaints about the problems with Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dympnab

I feel your pain! I also had my landline and broadband with them - was trying to get a new deal from them/speak to them when my yearly contract was up - phnoed several times and was left on hold for over an hour each time -finally got through and then they cut me off by mistake ! ended up having to pay an extra month due to all of this when I cancelled my contract by writing to them - this is the only way to do it really but you need to give them a months notice or they will charge you as they did me!

Best of luck - hope you get sorted..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Curiouscase

I want to cancel my Eir subscription in writing. I would prefer to do it my email but Eir requires that I to sign up to webmail in order to email them. I dont want to sign up to anything with a company that I want to leave!

Does anybody know if there is a specific Dept that I need to send it to at the following address? eircom Limited, 2022 Bianconi Avenue, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24 D24 HX03, Ireland.

TIA.

Advertisement