Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson campaigning for election to EU parliament - Mod warning in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Hurrache wrote: »
    He is an extremist. But you know all these are being tackled already don't you? What can he do better, in the EU?

Have you actually spent the time to listen to him speak recently. His address to the Oxford union is a good starting point. No way is he an extremist. And no, Europe is absolutely not addressing these issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Any chance you got provide a link to this lengthy criminal record you claim he has.

Convictions for
    • violence
    • financial fraud
    • immigration fraud
    • drug possession
    • public order offences (plural)
    • contempt of court
    • threatening and abusive behaviour for football violence at Luton

Custodial sentences for
    • assault of a Police Officer. Hardman Yaxley-Lennon was attacking a woman when the police intervened.
    • assault of a man at a different occasion.
    • using false travel documentation
    • mortgage fraud

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Hurrache wrote: »
    Convictions for
    • violence
    • financial fraud
    • immigration fraud
    • drug possession
    • public order offences (plural)
    • contempt of court
    • threatening and abusive behaviour for football violence at Luton

Custodial sentences for
    • custodial sentence for assault
    • custodial sentence for using false travel documentation
    • custodial sentence for mortgage fraud

Sources please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sources please?

Google.com

It's fairly handy to find and is the general football hooligan rap-sheet, but with added mortgage and identify fraud.

https://www.the-round.co.uk/charges-on-tommy-robinson-rap-sheet/

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

EDIT: Some recent posts that don't adhere to the charter have been removed. We'll start issuing sanctions if people persist

One person banned, two carded. Several more posts deleted. There's only so many warnings we can give.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

It is pretty lengthy for anyone, let alone a person who is running for office.
    Can't imagine there's too many MEPs banned from entering the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Sources please?

It's all public information. The stuff that happens in courts in terms of trials and sentencing is all available to the public.

So 5 convictions in total is that correct?

That's 5 more than decent people who manage to go their entire lives without once getting arrested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No there's more, particularly for contempt of court, I just got bored doing your research for you.

No there's more, particularly for contempt of court, I just got bored doing your research for you.

Why should I research claims made by other people that's not how this site works you should know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

4 convictions for assault, one of which on a police officer; 3 fraud; 1 attempting to enter USA using false documentation; 1 possession of a controlled substance; 2 (and sort of a half as he remedied the contempt) contempt of court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

You also need to bear in mind that a lot of the trouble he gets into is a direct result of his political campaigning and activism and could be argued is evidence of a politically motivated police force and criminal justice system.

His last prison stretch he was moved to a prison with a large muslim population and then put into solitary confinement on the ground floor "for his own safety".

Due to the amount of excrement that was posted through his window it got boarded up. So now it's solitary confinement with no natural light.

This was all done on purpose to break him.

4 convictions for assault, one of which on a police officer; 3 fraud; 1 attempting to enter USA using false documentation; 1 possession of a controlled substance

Petty stuff. Who cares anyway. He's going to Europe whether any of yous like it or not.

Petty stuff. Who cares anyway. He's going to Europe whether any of yous like it or not.
    They were almost all indictable offences for which he spent time in jail. So, not "petty" in the slightest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Banned. Any more trolling will be met with the same. We've issued no end of warnings.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

You also need to bear in mind that a lot of the trouble he gets into is a direct result of his political campaigning and activism and could be argued is evidence of a politically motivated police force and criminal justice system.

His last prison stretch he was moved to a prison with a large muslim population and then put into solitary confinement on the ground floor "for his own safety".

Due to the amount of excrement that was posted through his window it got boarded up. So now it's solitary confinement with no natural light.

This was all done on purpose to break him.
    Even if I accepted (which I do not) that the assault convictions were a result of so-called "political campaigning and activism", how does that at all apply to the remainder of the convictions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Even if I accepted (which I do not) that the assault convictions were a result of so-called "political campaigning and activism", how does that at all apply to the remainder of the convictions?

There are very few clean politicians are can see from our own country but its just so happens he is going against government which is why its highlighted to a higher degree.

declan2693 wrote: »
    There are very few clean politicians are can see from our own country but its just so happens he is going against government which is why its highlighted to a higher degree.
    I can't think of any other politician that has been convicted of similar offences and jailed; can you please let us know to whom you're referring?
    I also re-iterate, how is possession of a controlled substances, attempting to travel under fake documents and mortgage fraud "going against government" - other than in a "rage against the machine" type fashion?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭gaelwave

I can't think of any other politician that has been convicted of similar offences and jailed; can you please let us know to whom you're referring?
    I also re-iterate, how is possession of a controlled substances, attempting to travel under fake documents and mortgage fraud "going against government" - other than in a "rage against the machine" type fashion?

A bag of coke mate would you get a grip. The assault fair enough that's a bad one. Mortgage fraud? Meh sounds like a proper politician. I've travelled on false documents myself but it was a matter of life and death so no comment on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

possession of a controlled substances, so he did some drugs in this time. you understand people do this all the time.
    Travelling to America to do interviews and gain support.
    You says Fraud seriously, there is fraud everywhere in politics, literally everywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

It's disappointing to see the lack of condemnation of the attacks against Robinson. Have they forgotten about Jo Cox already?

possession of a controlled substances, so he did some drugs in this time. you understand people do this all the time.
    You says Fraud seriously, there is fraud everywhere in politics, literally everywhere.

Cocaine is rife up in Dail Eireann I wouldn't hold that against anyone.

gaelwave wrote: »
    Mortgage fraud? Meh sounds like a proper politician.
    Can you name one other person running for election that has been convicted of similar offences?
    Yes, myself included. However, I've never been arrested for it and I'm not running for election.
    Trying to illegally enter a country using false identification sounds a lot like the kind of thing that he's moaning about happening in the UK to me...
    Name one other person running for election that has been convicted of a similar offence.

This is getting comical.

I thought that people with a right-wing disposition were pro law and order.

I'm starting to think that there might be something a bit more black and white behind this love for the common criminal.

This is getting comical.

I thought that people with a right-wing disposition were pro law and order.

I'm starting to think that there might be something a bit more black and white behind this love for the common criminal.

Unfortunately we don't all live a sheltered existence. It's dog eat dog out in the real world pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭IAmTheReign

gaelwave wrote: »
    I know little and care less about his actual policies.
    He will be a dissenting voice in Brussels and more people like that are needed over there.

Hang on, you don't know or care what his policies are? Yet you care enough to start a thread on here saying you hope he'll get elected because there's "Too many yes man in Brussels"?

Can you tell me how many of the 750 MEPs do you think are yes men? And what exactly are they saying yes to that you would prefer they said no to?

I'm still waiting on anyone to post what policies that Tommy Robinson has that they agree with.

• Advertisement

Hang on, you don't know or care what his policies are? Yet you care enough to start a thread on here saying you hope he'll get elected because there's "Too many yes man in Brussels"?

Can you tell me how many of the 750 MEPs do you think are yes men? And what exactly are they saying yes to that you would prefer they said no to?

It's a big circle jerk over in that kip bar a few exceptions. I just want to see him head over there and ruffle a few feathers. I think it would be hilarious altogether.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement