Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motors forum ban

Options
  • 03-05-2019 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've been banned for one day from motors - Here is the PM I received this am; I have contacted the sender by PM and I'm awaiting a response but to be honest I think the whole thing is so petty, I wondered could it be resolved as quickly as it was handed out?

You have been banned
    Dear Pretzill,

You have been banned from Motors for one day for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

LIGHTNING

Moderator Note

No chat in the thread. See rules of first post.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pretzill View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sligojoek View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Love Ballymote for parking.
    I call them Ballymotors - I keep meaning to take some photos and post them. I see bad parking every time I visit.

I followed this up with this PM:

I had no idea - this was a banning offence. My reputation for posting on boards has been exceptionally good, I have never been infracted. I was merely acknowledging someone else's post. I didn't read the first post, as I only came in on the last page. To be honest this sort of "Banning" has put me off posting there at all. Really, really uncalled for.

To play semantics, I hadn't ignored a mods request, I hadn't read the first post in the thread which stated no quoting of posts or chat - (it doesn't say or you'll be banned by the way)

I just wanted to bring this up her in DR because I feel I have been hard done by - I have never had an infraction in all the years I've been posting here and some motor (picture or video/cam threads) allow chat so I assumed wrongly this was the same, having come in on the last page.

I think a banning in this instance is uncalled for, I think its petty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi, thanks for following up with the mod.

We have a process here, of which the first step is to work matters out with the mod if possible. This gives everyone a chance to resolve matters privately. If that fails, then we’ll continue with the process here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I really appreciate that Dudara

As this is only a one day ban and I haven't received an answer to my PM to the mod - I thought I'd expediate things by coming straight to DR - I'll hold my hands up and say I wasn't aware of the no posting rule but to be banned for it seems a little extreme - particularly as there was no offence meant - I just would have expected the post to be removed with a mod note.

I think it's important to show that not all posters have a reactive agenda - and sometimes for whatever reason a banning is completely uncalled for. Do you think we could expediate the process to have this ban removed on the day it was given, afterall waiting to tomorrow will be too late.

Thanks

The decision currently sits with the mod. It’s only fair they get the first decision on overturning.

Don’t worry about the ban being for one day. If it expires and we subsequently decide to overturn, a note will be added to this effect.

dudara wrote: »
    The decision currently sits with the mod. It’s only fair they get the first decision on overturning.

Don’t worry about the ban being for one day. If it expires and we subsequently decide to overturn, a note will be added to this effect.

I didn't ask the MOD to overturn their decision - I was asking here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Check the diagram above for the procedure. You need to have a try to resolve this with the mod first. If that doesn't work, I'll look at this. Cheers.

• Advertisement

tricky D wrote: »
    Check the diagram above for the procedure. You need to have a try to resolve this with the mod first. If that doesn't work, I'll look at this. Cheers.

There is no diagram on mobile - but I do get the procedure I was just making the point that resolving with the mod who issued may be moot Now as the infraction will expire shortly. I just wanted what was a genuine error, nothing nasty or disruptive on my part to be removed from a shiny infraction free record -

I have PMd the mod again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Myself and/or unkel will look at this tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Looking into your case now, Pretzill. I will get back on this within a day.

A reminder that only the OP, CMods and Admins can post in DRP threads. Other posters are by invitation only.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Apologies for the late reply. The title of the thread you posted in is very clear in that you will get a ban if you chat. So the ban was applied appropriately by the moderator. Let's be clear about that.

But seeing you made a genuine mistake, and you have a long and clean record on boards.ie, I've decided to reverse the ban, so it won't leave a blemish on your account

If you are happy with this solution please post here and we can mark this issue as resolved

• Advertisement

Thanks that's really appreciated and I'll try to make sure I read the rules properly in future. Enjoy the rest of the long weekend.

I’m marking as resolved. Thanks both for working together.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement