Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not being paid

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The Small Claims Court is a service provided by the District Court offices and is designed to handle consumer claims and business claims cheaply without involving a solicitor.
    But not any type of claim, it has to specifically fall into a category the SCC can deal with. Otherwise go to the district or upper courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Is it one persons incompetence or have you been in contact with various areas of the company?

Del2005 wrote: »
    Don't a lot of companies only pay after 90 days for invoices? Loads of small traders complain about the delay between invoicing and payments.
    It depends on the size of the business; most SMEs would probably need no more than 30 days, and a longer delay may be considered bad form, a firm to be slightly wary of.

90 days is quite a stretch, except maybe for firms dealing in larger sums. Everyone knows that most musicians don't belong in that bracket. There simply isn't an obvious excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

TheChizler wrote: »
    But not any type of claim, it has to specifically fall into a category the SCC can deal with. Otherwise go to the district or upper courts.

The clue is in the name, it deals with small claims.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The clue is in the name, it deals with small claims.
    Please read it for yourself and explain how it's applicable here?

http://www.courts.ie/Courts.ie/Library3.nsf/pagecurrent/A9C6E93D70127EF38025810D0034EAD6?opendocument

It was even a stretch when I said it covered some b2b contacts; only the business purchasing the goods or services can bring the claim, not the one providing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭HBC08

Had a similar problem back in the mid-90s re payment for a DJing gig. Eventually told them I would go to the Gardai if they didn’t pay up within 3 days. That worked and I got a cheque dropped to my house the day after.

Would have loved to hear that conversation with the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Dav010 wrote: »
    Small claims court, but of course you will have to weigh up the implications of this on potential future bookings.

This can not be brought to the small claims court. https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/how-to-complain/small-claims-procedure/?gclid=CjwKCAjw5dnmBRACEiwAmMYGOY6n7j1ce6L6zVz9d7iLwuNa494s2n94bNS4G5NftUiNwt-yuj8SPBoCz0kQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Advertisement